[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just want to say that I care about you. Whoever you are, no

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: Enhanced-14917-1401940371-8.jpg (29KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
Enhanced-14917-1401940371-8.jpg
29KB, 625x415px
I just want to say that I care about you. Whoever you are, no matter how shitty you feel about yourself and the world, no matter how worthless you think your existence is, I'm just here to say that's all bullshit and that you're doing good. Really, you are. I know you might hear these words and think I'm not talking about you, but I am. You have worth.
>>
Sorry but if you knew me you wouldn't say that. I have no worth hence why no human being bothers to interact with me unless they're forced to.
>>
>>36335336

Not OP but you have worth. Your well being is an end in itself.
>>
you 'care' in the same way that people 'care' about animals - In an abstract, large-scale view that doesn't help anything. I don't desire platitudes, just small-scale, actual care.

If meaningless, scattershot platitudes were enough to make anyone actually feel better, motivational posters would be in vogue and bridges wouldn't need signs with suicide hotlines on them.
>>
>>36335309
>>36335356
easy statements to make when you don't actually know the person

fuck off and stop virtue signaling
>>
>>36335309
wow much compassion
thank you so muich op
>>
>>36335309
wtf my depression is cured

the healing power of words

bottle and sell that shit

wait actually it didn't do anything because this is the same schlock posted daily and ignoring reality will only make things worse
>>
>>36335371
No man, I actually care about you. Obviously, since this is the internet and I have no idea who you are, I can't express this nearly as well as I could in person. But if you and I ever met, and you needed help, I would give you my help. I don't care if you're a NEET, a pedophile, a minority, autistic, rich, poor, attractive, ugly, none of that shit matters to me. You're a person, so you deserve life.

I'm serious.
>>
>>36335356
Yeah no, if that was actually true then I wouldn't have been rejected by over 300 women. Thanks for the platitudes though, they don't help at all. When even the hambeats on Tinder won't swipe right on you, you get a pretty good estimation of your self worth. It's zero. If it wasn't zero I wouldn't be in this position but I am. Telling someone they're matter means fucking NOTHING. Only actions matter and the actions of every person I've ever met tell me I'm trash.
>>
>>36335409
stop basing your happiness on other peoples opinion of you
>>
>>36335309
>>36335406
empty
meaningless
anyone can say anything
>>
File: IMG_3886.jpg (57KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3886.jpg
57KB, 1024x512px
>>36335309
Thanks anon, I needed to hear that.

- double initials
>>
>>36335430
Easy to say from your perspective.
>>
File: dsvgfvgfza.png (374KB, 1546x535px) Image search: [Google]
dsvgfvgfza.png
374KB, 1546x535px
hey l remember you.
>>
>>36335389

>easy statements to make when you don't actually know the person

Why would I need to know the person to understand that his well being is important?

I'm a utilitarian.
>>
File: Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs.png (268KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs.png
268KB, 1024x670px
>>36335430
Respect, belonging, sexual intimacy are all fundamental human needs dude. It's nigh impossible to actually be happy without them.
>>
>>36335309
someones feeling abit philanthropy today eh
>>
>>36335452
oh so what you meant was "you shouldn't kill yourself because you're a valuable source of labor"
>>
>>36335409

Your inherent value as a subjectdoesn't come from how many or how much women like, you, dude.
>>
>>36335409
Even if you die a virgin you have worth. Even if you lose it to a cheap hooker who's cute anyway you have worth. Even if you do the impossible and break the unbreakable and become the person you always wanted to be, your life would have worth.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to feel like shit. I'm not saying that you should delude yourself into thinking your life is perfect and that you're actually happy and fine when in reality you're not.

I'm just saying that, you're still worth it. The fact that you're a person means this. You have no need to feel like your life is just a waste, because life itself can never be a waste.
>>
File: 1491683632345.jpg (66KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491683632345.jpg
66KB, 720x480px
Stop fucking lying you piece of shit.
There is nothing more cynical and heartless in this world to pretend to care about someone you don't know. People think its nice and it makes them feel good about themselves, but frankly it just pisses me the fuck off.
Go shove a cactus up your arse you homo.
>>
>>36335464
Actually, I think it does.
>>
>>36335462

No, I'm saying his well being is important in and of itself.
>>
>>36335473

Do you choose to think that, or is it a thought that you can't help but think?
>>
>>36335464
No. It's a reflection of your self worth. Having women be attracted to you isn't what causes you to have worth, but it is an indication you have some. If no woman accepts your advance and you're over 25 it's a pretty good sign you're just garbage. That's reality. No point hiding away from it.
>>
>>36335457
>Respect, belonging, sexual intimacy are all fundamental human needs dude.
Wrong. Anyone who feels depressed because they lack things in the top 3 levels is an ungrateful pussy whining over first world problems. I guess my secret is that I learned to provide myself with those things, needing no external validation.
>>
>>36335449
OP here, that picture doesn't mean anything to me. I'm not here to say that us robots are somehow "God's chosen" or the mental superiors to everyone else, because a lot of that is just BS too.

What I am saying is that no matter how bad your trials are, no matter how much it seems like the whole world is against you, that's no reason to believe you shouldn't be here. That you somehow don't deserve peace and happiness. You do. You actually do. You may never find it in this life, as it the sad reality, but you still obviously deserve it.

That's all.
>>
>>36335494
It's reality. It's life. It's how it works.
>>
>>36335480
What gives it importance?
>>
>>36335501

I think we're talking about two different concepts of "worth", here.

I'm talking more about worthiness of well-being--the worthiness that every conscious being has as a consequence of being a subject of a life, as opposed to a mere object.

You're talking more about worthiness as a mate in the eyes of women--your worthiness as a source of utility for the women, but not your inherent worth as a subject.

This is why we're talking past each other.
>>
>>36335522
Because when you have well-being you have a well being.
>>
>>36335504
Hm, who should I believe a random internet poster spouting platitudes to people he's never seen before or the countless people I've met in person who have been repulsed by me tough choice. Hey I'm going to live a pointless life and die alone and unloved but this random anonymous dude on 4chan told me it's all gunna be ok! That makes it so much better!
>>
>>36335309
I want to kill you, truly, you perpetuate misery with hope, you need to die so it can wither and fade away.
>>
File: 1479098962345.png (1MB, 1298x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1479098962345.png
1MB, 1298x1050px
>>36335537
How about a reason with substance and not a kitschy phrase my mom would buy on a coffee mug?
>>
>>36335532
So your subject of worth is essentially the same as you'd feel for any other form of vertebrate life?

Great platitudes, 10/10 at making people feel better.
>>
>>36335532
>I'm talking more about worthiness of well-being--the worthiness that every conscious being has as a consequence of being a subject of a life, as opposed to a mere object.
There's no such thing. Worth is only defined by other peoples estimation of that thing. If I want to sell you an anime figurine some people who enjoy anime might offer 50 bucks or more, others would think it's totally worthless. There is no such thing as objective worth. The only thing that defines your worth as a person is how others view you. That is it. I mean if you want to delude yourself and think that you can define your own worth go ahead, but you're living a lie and simply shrouding yourself in ignorance to avoid the harsh reality that is some people are literally worthless. Truth hurts.
>>
>>36335522

Preservation of well-being is the essence of import itself.

When someone says, "X is important", in some way they're tying in the concept of import to to the primacy of well-being.
>>
>>36335556

>So your subject of worth is essentially the same as you'd feel for any other form of vertebrate life?

Not just vertebrates, but yeah, any conscious life.

>Great platitudes, 10/10 at making people feel better.

Just being honest bro. I never guaranteed it would make you feel better.
>>
>>36335549
Hey man, I never said it was all going to be okay. It might not. A lot of people do die alone and sad, which is terrible.

I'm instead saying that at this exact moment, even with your whole life feeling as if it's just one cruel torment, you're still worth it. You still deserve the happiness and fulfilment that you crave. If you'll ever get it or not is up to you, the gods, and a bit of luck. But it's out there for you. Don't assume it isn't just because you haven't felt it. You may have no idea how to find it, but that's okay too. Most of us don't. I don't. But you deserve it nonetheless.
>>
>>36335613
People only deserve what they get. If you get nothing you deserve nothing. Deluding myself into thinking I deserve a gf is just digging a deeper hole. If I deserved a gf I would have one. I don't so obviously you're full of shit.
>>
>>36335589

>The only thing that defines your worth as a person is how others view you.

Let's put that idea to the test.

Imagine hypothetically you're the only person in the universe.

Now branch this into two opposing situations.

In situation A, you are in constant suffering that goes on forever.

In situation B, you are in constant bliss that goes on forever.

Is situation B not better than situation A?
>>
>>36335309
thanks op, i wanna remind everyone if ur still alive ur doing good no matter how shitty ur situation.
>>
>>36335589
When you were a child and you found a cool stick to play with, did the monetary value of that stick affect how much you enjoyed it? It's the same with everything. You're allowed to enjoy the things you enjoy.

I watch the cartoon Avatar on an almost monthly basis. A lot of people would say that's weird and childish. It probably is, but it makes me feel really good about myself, because it just does. It's a fantastic show with a great message. I don't tell people about this, but I still do it anyway.

You're allowed to be happy from time to time, you know. The rat race is only important if it makes you happy. If it doesn't, don't bother.
>>
>>36335636

I think you and I have argued before. If I recall correctly, you defined "desert" (as in the state of "deserving" something, not like the Sahara Desert) in such a way as to mean "what you get". In other words, you're not using the concept of "desert" as it's normally used, but rather as some sado-masochistic tautology.

If I'm mistaking you for someone else, sorry.
>>
>>36335636
If a loving, caring girlfriend who likes you for who you are would give you fulfiment and joy, then of course you deserve it. I know you've never had that, and you may think this is proof that it just doesn't exist for you, but it does. It truly, truly does.

Now, how to actually find such a partner for yourself I cannot help you. I may be able to give you advice, as could many other awesome people on this site, but I obviously can't guarantee anything. But she's actually out there. Finding her is up to you, and that may be a very long and painful journey for you, but she's still out there.
>>
>>36335637
>Is situation B not better than situation A?
Maybe but that doesn't mean you have any worth as a person. Like I said the only thing that determines worth is what others think. You can't define your own worth, you're just a meatbag that exists to consume resources.
>>
>>36335687

How are you defining "worth"?

I'm curious as to see whether this is going to end up being another tautological definition that inherently ties it to how other people see you. In other words, the way you're using the word is not the same as how I or many other people use it in daily life, at least not in this kind of a context here.

>You can't define your own worth, you're just a meatbag that exists to consume resources.

Aren't all the other people "meatbags" too?
>>
>>36335682
>But she's actually out there
SHUT THE FUCK UP

GOD
>>
>>36335703
Literally the dictionary definition?
>the level at which someone or something deserves to be valued or rated.

>Aren't all the other people "meatbags" too?
Yes but they define the value of something. I'm not trying to be edgy here I'm just saying you can tell yourself you're worth a billion dollars and a hot gf but none of that actually means anything unless other people agree with that assessment and ultimately that's what transforms a naive self assessment into objective reality. I can believe I'm worth Emma Watson all I want, but it doesn't mean a pinch of shit unless Emma Watson herself judges me to be worth her and dates me.

We're robots. We're way past bullshit motivation normies use like "Go out there and get what you're worth!". We've been judged our entire lives man. The verdict is in. We're shit. No-one wants us. That is fact. How the fuck does telling myself I'm worth a hot gf do? Are you saying self delusion and mental illness is the way to go? Fuck that. The truth hurts but at least I can admit it. I'm a worthless sack of shit who will die alone and I know that for a fact, lying about that accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>36335707
Hey man, never said it was easy. It may almost be close to impossible. Finding a partner is much a journey inwards as it is a journey outwards, but that doesn't mean the journey isn't worth if even if you don't reach the destination. I'll be honest, I have never had a girlfriend either. I've met nice people, for sure, but there has never been a person who has understood me for me and who has committed themselves to me and I to them.

But I know that doesn't mean someone isn't out there for me. I know it also doesn't mean I don't deserve to enjoy myself right now. I talk to cool people on the internet. I joke with my brother. I masturbate if I feel horny. Yes, it would be nice to have a partner, but I'm not going to let that idea stop me from getting fulfilment from what I already have.
>>
>>36335766
You cannot prove there is someone out there for you.

There are only 3.5 billion women on earth. When you pare that down into groups like "single women age 18-30 that speak the same language as me and I will ever encounter in my entire life" you look at a much, much, much smaller number. Then pare down that group even more into those who find you attractive, you find them attractive, and your personalities are compatible. You're very easily looking at a 0 result here.

If you're older than 20 and a KHV, you're almost assuredly not going to find someone. Just fucking give up. I know I have.
>>
>>36335766
I mean if that gets you through the day go for it. You can only fail so many times before reality sets in though.
>>
>>36335309
ITTT AINT MEE
IT AAIIINNT MMEEEEE
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.