[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question for you guys. Is the Steve Jobs worship real?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Fhkv4dIeRidvXtUPhL4g_steve-jobs.jpg (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Fhkv4dIeRidvXtUPhL4g_steve-jobs.jpg
36KB, 640x640px
I have a question for you guys. Is the Steve Jobs worship real? I remember people saying "oh yeah that sucks" but I always assumed that most of it was just lack-luster or kind of tongue in cheek.

But now, looking back, and reading things about how people viewed him, I'm beginning to think that it's actually all real. As in, people actually genuinely thought this narcissistic turdbag was somehow a great humanist or technological genius.

And this utterly baffles me. I mean, at least with Bill Gates, he seems to have at least grown a conscious and devoted all his energy to charitable endeavors. But what did Jobs do, other than make some relatively-stable hyper-expensive shiny stuff? From what I understand, the total sum of his creative genius was making computers "cool" by branding them the same way people brand clothes. The Apple II was okay I guess, but that alone is hardly worth the amount of praise he gets.

Can someone with more normie friends spell this out for me?
>>
I remember people saying "oh yeah that sucks" when he died**
>>
>>36334854
Yeah it's pretty real man, especially between normalfags.

I confirm it here because my cousin is crazy about apple and is the most normalfag normal I have seen along with her sister.
>>
>>36334854
>The coworker who stencils Steve Jobs quotes on his wall and LITERALLY has OP picture hanging in his office
>>
>>36334883
Can you elaborate on what sort of stuff she says? I mean, I'm not going to hate on Apple on principle, if there's legitimate stuff that makes people like them I'll consider that. But so far, I've seen very little in the way of that legitimate stuff.
>>
>>36334902
Good lord, what the fuck? It's real, isn't it? This is the sort of man that actually looks up to.
>>
>>36334908
It's similar to the drop out uni failure shit some normalfags like to want to do one day (or did).

But overall they just like the aesthetic of macbooks, their "lolnoviruses" shit and autism with normalfag skills in case of my cousin.
Since he wanted to major in CS but either shit got expensive or he couldn't into math.
>>
>>36334948
Hmm. I figured as such.

Oh well.
>>
>>36334933
>This is the sort of man that idiots actually look up to.
Steve Jobs was probably one of the few people of our time that can legitimately be called evil, and I'm glad that he self-inflicted pancreas cancer with his stupid fruit diet that he probably thought was a good idea because he did LSD.
>>
>>36334854
Indeed, compared to Bill he was a massive dickhead.
That said, he managed to lead Apple pretty well and try weird things that seemed to take hold. He was willing to risk it because if it worked the payoff was worthwhile. Apple with Cook have seemed somewhat lost with their Macbooks seemingly catering to no one (losing their entire creative market with plenty looking at moving over to Windows), their comments about looking at redoing the entire Mac Pro, and iPhones stagnating while the Android lot push out some more interesting design choices.

That's how I view it though, not a genius but a pretty good business man.
>>
>>36335081
Well sure, as a businessman I agree he was very effective, but as an actual human being I find it hard not to see him as anything other than a colossal self-absorbed turd who contributed little to the planet other than the rise of throwaway technology and aesthetic egotism. Then again, I guess a lot of business-minded normies would find that shit attractive.

/rant.
>>
>>36335119
Adding onto this, I guess I am just exasperated that many people seem to view him the same vein as people have viewed Gandhi or MLK or Desmond Tutu. If you wanna worship for the master manipulator and marketer that he was, fine, you can do that, but don't pretend like he contributed to the betterment of humanity.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.