[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Organizing thoughts?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1491247463468.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491247463468.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
How do you guys do it? I just write down random memories I have and randomish thoughts. I don't know how to organize them at all
>>
>>36326933
That's a good start. Here's what I do:
For current life:
Keep a diary/journal/log of some sort. It can be anything, I once used a pad of art paper. Just write the date every time you make an entry. Spill your guts about the person you have crush on, that funny scene in the tv show you just watched, your loneliness, whatever made you feel something. Don't make keeping this a job, some days you'll make multiple entries, sometimes you'll go days without writing anything. But, this is important, look over the past entires every once in awhile. You'll start to see patterns which could be quite useful to you in understanding yourself.

For the past:
Try to assign your memories to a year. Use school, digital pics, or other events (this was the year Uncle Terry died) to help you. This will give an idea about your life, it doesn't matter if your 17 or 117, just be persistent.
>>
>>36327528
Cool that'll work for memories.
Any idea about random thoughts though? Like let's say I'm thinking about a subject, then I finish that and want to write about it again a month later. However I already have that idea in the notebook and a bunch of pages between that and the next time I thought of it/expanded on it. I guess I'm looking for a physical method.
I use a normal notebook and evernote to track calories right now
>>
>>36326933
Anyone remember the music video for this image
>>
I organize my thoughts and memories based on topic/subject matter. For me it's actually a lot like organizing files on a computer by putting them into different folders. By doing this, if I want to bury certain memories I can just put them all into one "folder" and never open it if that makes any sense.
>>
File: 1474503923504.png (100KB, 1093x797px)
1474503923504.png
100KB, 1093x797px
>>36326933
>How do you guys do it?
I don't, I keep a diary that I write in occasionally when I just can't get something out of my head but it's mostly just for writing practice and coming back to when I need ideas, but I feel like most my good ideas that I'll never use because my self esteem come from when my head is swirling with conflicting and unorganized ideas
>>
>>36328039
I forgot to mention that I also have somewhat of a photographic memory when I consciously try to so that helps. I also set up something like a network of associated memories so that way I can remember whatever else I was also thinking of in that moment. It's not a perfect method, but it works for the most part.
>>
>>36328039
I can see using folders. I feel like I would need an asston of folders but I kinda already do that anyway
>>
>>36326933
I don't think very much, I'm usually concentrating on whatever I'm doing and very rarely stop to think. Whether that's leisure or work or just listening to someone.

If I do stop to think, it's mostly obsessing over things I did that day or week that went badly, or playing around looking for portentous things I saw and imagining what it could mean.

If I actually have an important thought, I have a very good memory, so I just recite important thoughts aloud to get it into words and then I don't forget them.

But most of my thoughts I let slip away. They're not important and don't need any sort of organizing.
>>
>>36327937
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyUR1_19KAM
>>
>>36329073
Yeah I think I might be doing it too much. I think I have a slight fear of forgetting things. Not like, a legitimate fear, but I'd rather not you know? It's inevitable though. I can't remember all at once either, some things just come and go. I remember that one time my friend did that little thing once, then won't remember it again for half a year
>>
File: 1481769652522.jpg (32KB, 550x550px)
1481769652522.jpg
32KB, 550x550px
Most of my ideas come to me while I'm taking a shower so I usually write them down on a sticky note on my computer later. A good way to make what you're saying as clear as possible is to write it down, then cut out the unnecessary bits/reformulate it as many times as is necessary.
>>
>>36326933
If I have too much to juggle I start writing it on a notepad (the computer software). From there I make them into a checklist. I keep the file if it's something consistent I do every day or so. If it's a one-off item but I need to remember it I write it so it's stuck in my mind longer than if I hadn't. If making a checklist, I put "<" symbols on the end so I know which tasks I have or have not done.

Random thoughts may or may not be used so there is no guarantee.
>>
>>36329193
Thanks for the reply anon.

I need to go over all the notes I've taken at some point
>>
>>36329136
Forgetting something doesn't change whether it happened or not.
I don't know why I'd ever be afraid of forgetting something that happened a long time ago.
>>
let them turn into a schizophrenic blur of half thoughts, false memories and a shattered identity

;^)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.