[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss the old /r9k/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1489349036210.gif (489KB, 497x373px) Image search: [Google]
1489349036210.gif
489KB, 497x373px
It will never go back to how it used to be. The infection ruined this board. All threads on this board is about sex, tfw no gf, being friendless, my feelings, or im just different type of threads.
I honestly cant put on the blame on the normies because you weak beta robots are eating this shit up and loving it. Thought Ill never say this be /b/ is a better board than /r9k/ now. If you enjoy talking about you special snowflake feelings to other mentally ill special snowflakes, then /r9k/ and FUCKING TUMBLR is perfect for you shit stains. Farewell to the old /r9k/ you will be missed.
>>
>>36309669

What did it use to be like? It's been like this for years
>>
quality b8

originallioa
>>
>>36309669
Bye you won't be missed
>>
Feels threads have always been a part of this board though?
>>
>>36309884
i can see what op's getting at
there were feel threads, but it was more of a slow paced general discussion board. you'd have these new fads and generals that would come and go, with storytimers and a good quality of greentext authors.

it's not that there is none of it anymore, you see /devilish/ and "things that make you go hmmmm" that are somewhat old r9k. but i do agree that the general mood has shifted
>>
>>36310015
Used to be a lot of shit, but there was some gold to be found in there, those absolutely amazing threads you'd sometimes come across. They're almost non-existent now.
>>
>>36310015
>good greentext authors
Reddit please go.
>>
don't agree that /r9k/ used to be good but do agree people need to FUCK OFF with all the sex/relationship/tfwno threads
>>
>>36309669
I like all trap posts, it's like a internal joke. I often post something about traps just to trigger some anon.
I find it so bizzar that r9k of all places is the most lgbt friendly board.
>>
File: hard being green.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hard being green.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>36310052
im not saying everyone was good, but it was nice to see someone who could pull it off.

whats reddit about that?
>>
>>36309669
We lost, brother. Its time we move on.
>>
It hasn't been like that since 2011 at most, why are you still here.

>tfw I've been on this shithole for 6 years

what the fuck
>>
>>36309669
this is our home now, go back to /b/
>>
>>36310095
not the anon you're replying to, but r9k existed before using greentext in that manner was widespread. If you think that is the height of r9k you missed when people typed out their stories with proper grammar and full sentences. After the initial interest in the robot died down, the place was as you described but better. I suppose it might have just been an accident given that sci and lit didn't exist at the time, so their discussion ended up here, but there used to be a lot of college-aged people posting here about more interesting topics. But they were in full English, not some lazy shorthand. That was more ~2009 r9k as I remember.
>>
>>36310452
well, i did say "storytimers" before "greentext authors".
if you mean in the general discussion sense then it's not what i mean by either, people used to and still do type stuff normally. still i like the way some people could really write a vivid story like that.
>>
The best thing I remember about old r9k was the the effort people put in writing their posts. Correct and proper English was widely used. I still frequent this board sometimes but the original vibes are long gone. These self absorbed adolescent spoiled ugly weak faggots are seriously harming themselves: however I enjoy reading about their life as it makes me happier about my successes. Knowing that people like them exist around me makes my self-esteem jump very high. But yeah, they are the people ruining the Internet. That's sad.
>>
>>36309669
>being friendless
what is wrong with these threads, normie?
>>
>>36309669
4 threads up reminding me how evil I am for being white. Great...
>>
>>36310255
Die a slow death

>>36311254
We've lost. Wizchan and niche boards are the only places safe from the racebaiting.
>>
I actually agree, race bait threads are actively killing this board. /b/ is more enjoyable right now. Really sad.
>>
File: 1454443224948.jpg (421KB, 921x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1454443224948.jpg
421KB, 921x1138px
Why not make a thread like "the old /r9k/"?

Making a whiny thread like this isn't improving the place, it is just making it extra shittier.
>>
File: 1489515249279.png (20KB, 820x413px) Image search: [Google]
1489515249279.png
20KB, 820x413px
/pol/reddit invited an influx of normies and redneck newfags ruining site culture because they wouldn't fucking shut up about their autism

they're literally a cancer killing this site
>>
>>36310085
>joke
tbqh I really want to jerk off a girl or cute guy

I wish shit wasn't so polarized but it can't be helped.
>>
>>36310241
It has been about dating, gfs, etc. since 2009-2010. It may have been worse though because people used trips then and posted webcam pictures/had conversations.

They tried to make /soc/ to stop it.
>>
>>36311865
>just
>just like
>just like cut the userbase apart bro
>just like take all the memes and connections
>and like
>move them
>you know, over here
>why it not workign
>>
Does anyone remember that guy who lives in a cave that would post here every now and again?
>>
>>36311918
The Hole Troll or someone else?
>>
File: r9k timeline.png (94KB, 1014x512px) Image search: [Google]
r9k timeline.png
94KB, 1014x512px
>>36311732
chronicled history of /r9k/ from June 2012 to October 2015
>>
I miss the poopoo peepee threads
I've been browsing r9k for a few years and imo that was the height of the creativity here
now it just seems like it's just trap or tranny threads
>>
>>36309669
Poster since 2010, here.

I know exactly what you mean, OP. /r9k/ used to be my favorite board because it seemed like a general board where everybody could talk to each other and share their stories.

Everybody and anybody was welcome. NEETs and Chads, boys and girls, straights and gays, Jews and Muslims, black and white, everybody had a story to share or a perspective to give, everybody was equal. It was such a cool, chill place for any topic. My favorite threads were the night walk threads.

Then, /r9k/ became a containment board for all the losers, racists, pathetic creeps and assholes. I can't tell you how it happened; maybe all the level-headed, decent people moved to /soc/ when it opened.

All I know, is: I miss /r9k/ classic. The only way to save it is to bring back the normies, methinks.
>>
>>36312061
>nobody sages anymore
Fuck.
>>
its always been like this. pre-death and resurrection it was even more full of normies that were sent to /soc/. It used to be far worse desu.
>>
>>36312425

Board 'identity' shifts over time, r9k has a long history, and nobody here can possibly be able to claim to have really appreciated r9k or it's general tone at any point in time. Most people agreed there were shifts and phases... I've been here since 2010 and 2011-2015 was the best for me, but it'd be ridiculous to claim that others don't have different perceptions, and most people will always buy into the "it was better in times past" combined with the "I'm an oldfag, i've been here since 2015" delusion.

I point this out because in my mind, the best period of r9k involved a lot of hostility to women (eventually roasties), normies, etc. Going from gentlemen to a board where the subtitle literally referenced misogyny was wonderful. The best people on earth are gentlemen who are red-pilled on women.

You're certainly not one of us, you're a 'gentlemanly' in that you're insulting to all sorts of people you happen to dislike.
>>
>>36312687
Yeah, 2014 was a pretty good time to be part of /r9k/. There was the whole Elliot Rodger thing and Eggman
>>
>>36310085

We're not lgbt friendly, everyone fucking hates them, its just a small, very vocal minority
>>
>>36312061

Does anyone have the heinessen.com archive backups??
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.