[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12

File: 1481172878611.png (772KB, 745x787px) Image search: [Google]
1481172878611.png
772KB, 745x787px
Are any of you guys in uni or have graduated from uni. If so then what major did you or are you pursuing?
Pic unrelated
>>
I take online classes but got a dorm, i smoke weed all day and cheat on quizlet
>>
>>36309658
In my 4th year of Construction Management degree.

Will be up for next 5 hours doing assignments on dubtrack if anyone wants to share tunes.
>>
>>36310284
I'm doing my degree online too. It's great, I hardly ever have to leave the apartment or deal with people.
>>
Criminal Justice. Start my masters this fall. Terrible choice but 0 debt cause of scholarships and assistant ships. Hoping to ride the free money to a Phd
>>
>>36310309
>>36310284

>>36310299
Forgot to mention I am doing my construction management degree online also.
>>
>>36310309
>>36310299
damn i wish i could do my degree online. Im pursuing a major in applied math. First year. Have my exams next week rip...
>>
>>36309658
I dropped out from Marketing
>>
>>36310309
most of my answers are online which has been making the last three years too fucking easy, my dealer is my neighbor. It's like the best of both worlds, i do 2 hours of googling answers for the whole then i shitpost all week. I literally could not tell you what I have learned.
>>
>>36309658
Engineering in Material Science.
Doing pretty well till now.
>>
>>36309658
Completing first year of civil engineering technician (2 year program)
Gonna transfer to 2nd year of technologist program at the end of this semester (3year program)
Then i ll transfer to a real civil engineering degree (2 more years after finishing technologist program)

R8 my plan.. or should i just just finish technician program next year and start working? All my grades are A
>>
>>36310363
>Marketing
For the best
>>
>>36310451
now I have nothing to show for myself. The school I finished prior to that gave me no profession.
>>
>>36310372
That must be nice, most of my work is written assignments so it's difficult to cheat.
>>
>>36310511
As are mine.

Pros are no exams just massive projects.
>>
Heading for my graduation in history (German / European medieval). Don't care to end up unemployed, at least it's something I really love.
>>
Graduated with an msc in electrical engineering 8 months ago. Did basically nothing since then, except fucking around with personal projects and spending time with my family.
I'm doing job interviews right now and i want to die.
Thanks for reading my blog teheeeee
>>
>have to have a thesis draft by Friday
> no idea how to write a thesis
>>
applied informatics / information systems
feels good when everyone wants to employ you because you are special snowflake.
5 years at uni are finally paying off
>>
>>36309658
currently on Electrical engineering.
Shit's no joke, man.
>>
File: 1485483515320.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485483515320.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>gotta do final lab report over monthly project
>parents won't stop arguing
>fucking reeing at 7am
>still reeing
>library closed on weekends

I commute 5 minutes to college
>>
Is it worth getting an engineering degree if you finish with an average of 50-60%?
>>
>>36314132
no, now become a trucker or a mailman
>>
>dropped out of high school because im retarded
What is uni like?
>>
>>36314132
Yeah. Companies are mostly interested in your internships.
>>
>>36314262
How hard is it to get an internship with a shit grades, though? Wouldn't it be pretty competitive?
>>
>>36309658
Music studies.

I really thought that it was my dream but I can't bring myself to perform because of stage fright. I don't like being around large crowds of people. I can't help but feel anxious. I like writing music but the kind of music I write is not popular at all.

Now I am working a retail job and contemplating suicide. I am growing more and more tired each day. I can't even sleep at night anymore. All I experience is anger and resentment. It sucks. I want to be happy. That's all I want. I don't care about money or power or what other bullshit.
>>
>>36309658
I used to be a chemistry major, changed to CS because of the job prospects. I think I made the wrong decision.
>>
>be me
>go to uni last year
>everyone super excited for me
>not really done much with my life
>study game design because its all I fucking know
>3 months in crack under pressure
>attempt suicide
>now back home and a NEET working a dead end job with no future ahead of me

fml
>>
>>36313926
Sounds like it's time to move out my dude.
>>
>>36314679
>I think I made the wrong decision.
Why is that? I'm doing a Comp Eng major and would like to know your reasoning.
>>
>>36314750
My GPA is even worse now, CS is hard. At least I won't be unemployed after graduation though.
>>
im super tired. my exam is in 4 days. want to take a nap but idk if i should. what do
>>
I'm a political science major intent on going to law school here in three semesters. I have a 3.5 gpa and I'm gonna be taking the LSAT next semester. Shit should be exciting
>>
>>36309658
Political science. Not because I think I will get a job with it though, as I have no connections or money for law school. Easy classes and moderately interesting.
>>
>>36309658
I'm finishing up my third year of college right now. I decided to major in accounting.

I kind of wish I had made plans to study abroad in earlier years because now I'm almost done and I can't afford to not do an internship next spring and I'll be taking full-time classes next summer

After that its on to the rat race so I don't know when I'll ever get to travel
>>
>tfw looking for a part time job
>applied online to a bunch of retail jobs last week
>haven't heard back
>>
>Study paramedical while working
>Have to do dozens of hours of unpaid placements
>While working
>And doing assignments

Today was my first day off in 3 weeks.
>>
>>36315108
as a retail employee I'll give you a tip every question they ask think customer first.
>>
>>36315184
I had to do a psychological evaluation thing for the application.
>>
>>36315281
That's fucking ridiculous, I got my retail job by sending in a resume and doing a 15 minute interview.
>>
>>36315354
I think it's becoming standard for retail stores. I applied to grocery stores and they made me do a questionnaire. Questionnaire on how you would do things, etc. I know McDonald's does it as well.

I just want a comfy part time job, fuck. I hope I get the library job.
>>
Ok, anyone from Warwick uni here? I want to meet a robot so badly, I am tired of this normalfags around me.
>>
I'm starting uni in August and living on campus is required. There aren't any single dorms for freshmen unless you pay a stupid amount of money which means that I have to share a room with someone.
How the fuck do I find a roommate? The school has this matching system where you put in what you would want in a roommate and then people can contact you but nobody has contacted me yet.
>>
>>36315532
What did you put down?
>>
>>36315520
ay i got into warwick but i go because i didn't get a scholarship and im a poor person lole.
>>
>be me
>always had slight autism so not many friends but I thought it was because I lived in a shithole
>change city for uni
>think I'll become a normie and get a gf
>no friends and I realized I don't give a fuck about engineering
>dropped uni
>will still try to go back to uni next year but another major.
>realised I'm thinking the same thing I was when I was graduating high-school
>will probably still be alone and depressed
What should I do?
>>
>>36315565
I am also extremely poor, I dont have monney for 2nd year.
>>
>>36315532
The first year of university dorm life is a roullette, just pray your roommate isn't really annoying and deal with whoever you get for a year. After that you'll hopefully find someone you're actually friends with who wants to room with you the year after.

Unless you're me and all of your friends are already paired up for the next year, leaving you to deal with a random brad for another fucking year
>>
>>36315576
take a test to find out which degree is suited for you.
>>
>>36309658
I'm 95% sure I'm going to get an F in one of my classes unless I can cram 3 months worth of Java material in 5 days in order to maybe get a D or C.

If I can do well in my other 2 classes and retake Java to replace the grade would the F fuck me?
>>
>>36315588
rip ;-; whats your degree?
>>
>>36309658
Music performance. I'm gonna make it hopefully, the top players in my studio and the faculty all seem to like me.
>>
>>36315601
I did a shitload of test and nothing look interesting
>>
>>36315625
Maths and stats
>>
>>36315621
youtube vids. did that for python and delphi. youtube vids and practise exercises.
>>
>>36315641
oh try looking at brochures that talk about the subjects you would like to pursue. You might want to talk to a guidance counsellor if you can. >>36315642
I'm doing applied math and economics :")
>>
>>36315695
So are you /warwick/? how do you like this constantly partying shithole.
>>
File: 1485194828804.png (462KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1485194828804.png
462KB, 633x758px
>>36309658
I'm heading to uni soon and I'm scared out of my fucking mind
>Gonna study animation
>Moving away into another city
>Will know no one there
>Constantly dream of interesting ideas and concepts for stories
>Lack any kind of motivation to draw and learn animation
>Too scared to start working on anything
>Discouraged and resentful of other animators and artists whenever I see their work
>Constantly play video games and masturbate
>Drinking problem
>Self doubt consuming me
>Can't even enjoy anything due to bitterness
>Wants to watch cartoons and movies and read books and comic but too lazy to do any of that
>Fat
>No muscle
>Quiet and awkward
I'm not gonna last, am I?
>>
>>36315710
No im not in warwick sadly. Its a really good school for math and econ. I live in canada and go to mcgill. got a scholarship there so yeah....
>>
got a ba in cs and another in philosophy.

currently am unemployed on neetbux

wish I could be motivated enough to use what I know. maybe become a sysadmin. that's all i really want.
>>
>>36315710
my uni is a party uni too desu. its annoying as heck. and most of the people living in my dorm are guys which is awkward.
>>
>>36315695
I actually already talked to one. Didn't help that much and got depressed as hell because I have no idea what the fuck I am doing in my life
>>
>>36315814
Listen chill. Experiment with stuff. Have you ever been interested in doing something. Like computer programming or learning historical figures? If not then explore and you'll find out. Or choose a degree thats fairly easy/medium (in terms of difficulty) and one that gets you enough money to survive.
>>
File: 1488490999330.jpg (98KB, 269x328px) Image search: [Google]
1488490999330.jpg
98KB, 269x328px
>Calls himself a robot
>Smart/Rich enough to attend university
>>
>>36315715
>animation

Make sure you network your ass off or else you're fucked.Also make sure there are animations jobs in your city.
>>
>>36315907
you don't have to be smart or rich to attend university
>>
Last night, I had a conversation with a roommate about life after graduation (everyone in the house including me is graduating next month).

It seems like they wish I would "let loose" more in these final weeks. They say they're going to miss me and all the other people they met here and the going out on weekends, etc.

I feel kinda bad though, because I just don't feel the same way. I'm tired of going out and doing the same things with people I don't really care much for in the first place.

Anybody else having post-graduate feels? Am I in the wrong here after all?
>>
>>36316619
I don't see how either of you are in the wrong for wanting to do different things, but going out with them one last time won't hurt.
>>
>>36314326
If you have a good uni which has ties with companies, you and people with your major will have priority on their internship offers, and it doesn't always depends on your GPA but also on how you display on your resume what you have done with your university, or as a side project.
In general either your college has things dedicated to professional stuff (job fairs, career center etc), or the professors have relationships with businesses.
>>
>>36316849
It's not that I don't go out with them, it's just that I don't think I'm going to miss any of it when it's gone. I think there's a decent life still ahead of me, but I guess their contrary perspectives are making me feel like I'm being delusional.
>>
Hey guys so I dropped out of uni my first semester 2 years ago but I didn't withdraw so I ended up failing ever class and now have a 0.0 gpa. Will taking those courses at a community college replace that grade? I hope so cause I'm in my first semester of community college and shits still expensive even more so now that I'm not receiving assistance.

If retaking the courses in CC doesn't affect uni then, advice? Just finish my bachelors and tank the multiple F's and pray for a 3.0 gpa by the end?
>>
>>36316102
Ha, that's true. Especially in a country like Russia, where I live.
Even stupid people attend universities. Because there is free education here. And most unis don't have interviews for this shit, only points from state exam count.
And state exam is kinda typical. I bet you could learn a monkey to have an average score.

And, OF COURSE, the other side of the coin is the fact that our education is not valued anywhere abroad, and barely valued by employers inside Russia.
This is so fucked.
>>
>>36317191
Even if education was more exclusive, good jobs will always be distributed through nepotism.
>>
>>36316928
Thanks for the info m8
>>
>>36317225
>nepotism
New word that I learned today. (Finally learned something new from this board)
That's how you can describe Russia in one word, to be honest. And it's fucking sad.
I plan to get the fuck out of here if I don't find job after finishing university (in 2-4 years, 2 extra years if I apply for master's degree) and political situation won't change at all after 2018 president elections.
>>
File: 1452831906697.jpg (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1452831906697.jpg
44KB, 633x758px
>4 chapter exam tomorrow at noon
>crammming now
How fucked will I be?
>>
>>36318271
Enjoy the cube, creep.
>>
>>36310379
>Doing pretty well till now.
what happened
>>
>>36310451
Marketing grads with quantitative/stats/programming skills are extremely sought after these days. Will be even more so in a couple of years.

t. knower
>>
Medicine. Want to kms like most of the class.
>>
File: 1463190098505.jpg (73KB, 431x521px) Image search: [Google]
1463190098505.jpg
73KB, 431x521px
>>36318609
>Marketing grads with quantitative/stats/programming skills
and almost none have this
and CS majors can apply for those positions
>>
>>36318751
It seems being a good programmer is very profitable these days. You can work in almost every field.
>>
>professor shit all over the paper topic I gave him
>have to email him a better one by midnight or I get docked five points
>haven't even started looking for sources

JUST
>>
>>36318751
Nah, there are quite a few. The graduate students at my business school are having trouble finishing their degrees because companies keep drafting them far before they get to finish their thesis. The master's program was updated to specifically focus on data driven marketing, thus mainly focusing on the quant skills I was talking about earlier.

But about the CS thing, the reason why these companies are excited to hire these guys is because they're still marketing grads. The marketing expertise upon which the tools are built is what they're after. And from personal experience, successful marketing people are, well, marketing people. Not CS people at all.

Not to say that CS majors couldn't apply for these jobs, but I do feel that there's far less people interested in marketing within that major.
>>
>doing a small course with a small number of students
>everyone knows everyone, been seeing them all regularly for the last two years
>can't talk to anyone because I can't fucking remember them or their names
>people say hello or even try having a conversation with me, and seem to have known me for a long time, and I just have no idea who I'm talking too
>can't remember lecturers or tutors either, even though it's the kind of course where they get to know the students
>constantly terrified they'll find out
>terrified of all interaction because of it

Of all the problems I have this is probably the stupidest.
>>
>>36319764
That's a really stupid problem
>>
I'm in the first year of Medical
>>
>>36321174
>I'm in the first year of Medical
At what point through med school do you first really feel like a doctor
>>
File: pepe rain.gif (469KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rain.gif
469KB, 500x281px
Can anyone tell me if I go to a university instead of community college, will I be able to get student housing? I don't want to live with my mom anymore
>>
>>36321480
>Can anyone tell me if I go to a university instead of community college, will I be able to get student housing? I don't want to live with my mom anymore

You need to tell us more about your situation, we have no clue

people in university can generally get student housing, even if not on campus student housing is available off campus with roommates or something.

CCs generally are commuter schools and do not offer housing.

cost is a bigger factor than wanting or not wanting to live with your mom imo
>>
>>36321272
Probably during the 3rd year. That's when you can actually look at patients under a doctor's supervision
>>
>>36309658
I was the youngest of my prom, also the youngest in uni
I finish college one year ago, i'm a 19 years old lawyer and I will had my PhD when I turn 21 where I live
>>
I already graduated and it was in Computer Science.
>>
>>36321753
What are you looking to do now? What field are you planning to look for a job in? Did you do any internships?

I'm currently in a Comp Eng major so anything you can give me would be interesting for me, friend.
>>
>>36309658
Education major checking in. 2.9 GPA. Feels bad man.
>>
File: 1481798710172.png (297KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
1481798710172.png
297KB, 448x468px
>>36309658
>tfw want to get /fit/ purely so I can wear my sweatpants to my early morning class like the chads in it
>>
>>36321797
I have a job as a software developer in C++. I didn't do any internships which probably was the reason it took me awhile to get this job, I want to quit and find a new job because the code quality is really bad here.
>>
>>36322072
How long did it take you to find the job? And how much are you making?
>>
>>36322237
about 2 years.

$55k
>>
>>36309658
philosophy major gpa 2.0 reporting in
>>
File: '.jpg (3KB, 124x106px) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
3KB, 124x106px
>>36323809
>philosophy major gpa 2.0 reporting in
this
>>
>>36325026
kek you too?
>>
File: 1471307235245.jpg (55KB, 394x387px) Image search: [Google]
1471307235245.jpg
55KB, 394x387px
>>36325079
>kek you too?
no I just wanted to bump the thread
I am a physics major with a 2.0 GPA
will you be kicked out soon? I might be
>>
>>36322425
Not the anon you were replying to but did it really take 2 years? I was hoping to get a job before or within a few months from graduating. I got not internship experience but pretty good grades.
>>
>>36325263
i was a 0.1 point of getting kicked out last year, hopefully i survive this semester but i've skipped 2 monhths of class already so i might be fucked royally
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.