[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDM music.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

What does /r9k/ think of edm? I'm considering attending EDC in Las Vegas this summer. Currently going through the line up and creating a playlist of the DJs I like.
>>
>>36308823
Electronic music is good but edm is basically the pop of electronic music and therefore for normies
>>
>>36309061
edm just stands for electronic dance music...
>>
>>36309134
>Electronic music
This is the overarching genre
Examples of the same magnitude: Rock, Country, Hip Hop

>electronic dance music (EDM)
This is a sub-sub category.
Examples of the same magnitude: Hair Metal, Americana, Alternative Folk
>>
>>36309218
well i'm talking particularly about dance music..
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>36309248
The entire scene is basically dead at this point.

Prepare to spend way too much money and be surrounded by rampant (underaged) whores and normies freaking out on bathsalt-tier drugs.

That being said...if you have lots of money to blow and lots of friends to go with, you can still have a decent time.

The first poster was correct, EDM is basically pop-electronic shitty music. The point of going to these shows is to be high and kill braincells with friends and sloots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZujNXiV1qPo
>>
>>36308823
Stay safe and have fun if you do go OP.

>>36309248
Pretty much agree with >>36309363
Too many stupid normies and underage ruined EDC for LA. People who don't know shit will usually say EDM to refer to any subgenre of electronic dance music since they can't differentiate between techno and electro house.
>>
>>36309134
I know it does but that label was invented to commercialize electronic music.When people use the term edm it refers to the commercialized electronic pop music.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.