[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so lonely

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

File: dreamcast.png (212KB, 650x419px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast.png
212KB, 650x419px
Well anons, I'm officially at the end of my rope. I just want to talk to a girl on a regular basis. Just as a friend even. I'm just so fucking fed up with everything right now, a bit of feminine empathy would be a nice change of pace.
>>
Go talk to your mom, cunt.
>>
>>36306697
Old Sega is the goat videogame company.
>>
>>36306726
Nintendo was and always will be king you bitch.
>>
>>36306722
Hell no

>>36306741
Dreamcast shit on the n64 for sure.
>>
No, you don't.

You think you do but then an uggo comes along and it just feels like nothing.
>>
>>36306741
Nintendo is #2. Sega is the goat.
>>
>>36306722
OP here, not gonna do that. She's not very understanding.

>>36306726
>>36306741
>>36306817
Sega is the best, playing some Jet Grind Radio to take away the pain.

>>36306758
Well are ugly people even considered human desu?
>>
>>36306838
It was pretty comfy just running or walking around in Shenmue and whiling away time, desu.
>>
>>36306697
i'm a girl. hi. sorry you are feeling bad.

powerstone was cool.
>>
You know what I do when I feel this way? Listen to sweet soothing sensual music like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHf7gmxzkHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fER_7R686Vc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPgwoYY_uWE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFt-0fqh4w

Doesn't matter what they're saying or what language even, its just basking int he sweetness of the feminine energy, learn to absorb it and bypass the need for human interaction with women.
>>
File: boob.jpg (10KB, 180x320px) Image search: [Google]
boob.jpg
10KB, 180x320px
>>36306697
hello. i would just like to say, from my own experience, that most robots who get a girl in their lives will eventually take advantage of it one way or another. (i'm not sure if you know this already, you may have already had relationships)
but every time i get a girl who """"loves""" me or has her attention towards me, i end up abusing it.
pic related.. a girl i was an asshole to even tho i needed her
>>
>>36306898
Nothing like it, Dreamcast is the true comfy system. It's like a rainy day.

>>36306908
If you're a girl, hello. Powerstone 2, is the shit.

>>36306958
Will do, need something to just vibe with.
>>
>>36307007
Shame but I'm not like that. Although my first relationship didn't go so well. So maybe I'm just wrong.
>>
>>36307032
it's been a while since i've played either powerstone but i recall being very impressed with the destructible stages and usable items. throwing chairs and stuff. i have always wanted to see the series to come back.

i also greatly enjoyed rolling around at the speed of sound. the amount of time that i spent playing crazy taxi is pretty embarrassing as well. i wish game companies still made such vivid and diverse titles.

if you are looking for female companionship i kind of wonder why. i feel like guys often have trouble talking to other guys the same way they might talk to girls. if you let down your guard and be open with other guys you will be surprised at how sensitive they are. guys just always have to act so tough around each other but i feel like it's not healthy.
>>
>>36307088
how have you acted in relationships if your don't mind me asking? was it more of a "just trying to please her and make her happy" thing? i find that you can also go wrong going that route. but i don't really like talking about relationships like this because there is so much more to it. you can really talk about these things objectively.. but there might be slight patterns.
>>
>>36307129
It's true and you're definitely right about the emotional barrier thing, but it's just kinda agreed that some things are off-limits and I wish I could talk about those things.

Powerstone is dope, you should emulate it if you can. It's worth it.
>>
>>36307207
Well it's mostly that I tried to right by her but we were both emotionally retarded, so to speak. That led to a lot of issues in communication and what we wanted from the relationship. It didn't end well.
>>
>>36307213
i might emulate it just to see if it's the way i remembered. in general though i have trouble going back to things from my past. i don't rewatch movies or replay games for the most part. i crave new experiences and i get bored very quickly.

you could always go talk to a therapist. i see a therapist every week. most of them are female anyway. it's really pretty affordable. i pay 20usd a visit. it can be really hard sometimes but it's a good option and if you are really struggling it should be worth it to you.
>>
>>36306697
I'll be your friend, anon. I am a guy though! My Discord ID is Fuji#0553
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>36307241
i don't see, anon. i find it impossible to talk of relationships over the internet as i'll never see the true story or experience it as you have. all i can offer you is my love, appreciation, and condolence. just hope that it can get better, and it most likely will
>>
>>36307272
Yeah but it's hard to get an appointment and I just feel like having someone to talk to in general would be nice to have.

I also don't replay games or movies much either but I can always go back to my favorites for a quick session.

>>36307308
wow thanks robo, that actually feels pretty genuine.
>>
>>36307419
well it can be hard to make random female acquaintances because so much of male society is fixated on sex and relationships. so many guys say they want to be friends and then they want to date you and if you don't want to date them they get angry at you. if you volunteer somewhere you can probably meet a lot of girls though. volunteerism generally skews female.

the important thing is that if you really just want to have a female friend to talk to you need to actually stick to that and try not to catch feelings or expect other things.
>>
>>36306697
I would love to. Do you have any contacts?
>>
>>36306697
You can talk to me I guess.
>>
>>36306757
To be fair dreamcast started a new generation of gaming so N64 was old gen by comparison.
>>
>>36307492
Sure real quick though how old are you?

>>36307502
How are you.

>>36307513
True but the Dreamcast was dead before the GCN was out.
>>
>>36307484
I get that but I'm not an autist that expects things from women. I'm mostly just looking someone chill to converse with.
>>
>>36307530
I am 21. Why?
>>
>>36307661
Kik is bigmeltz, I just asked because I feel if there's a huge gap then it kinda becomes hard to talk.
>>
>>36307702
How old are you then? I wanna know if there is a gap. Why does it become hard to talk?
>>
>>36307734
Oh I'm 18 turning 19 soon. Also mainly because I feel the problems I have wouldn't really apply to someone older. Basically I feel like my problems are stupid and short sighted.
>>
>>36307760
Oh, you're a youngin. I'll pass, sorry. I don't like talking to kids.
>>
>>36307793
Meh, it's not like it makes a difference
>>
>>36307793
holy shit OP btfo'd how will he ever recover
>>
the difference between 19 and 21 is completely negligible

i'm fucking 38 over here
>>
>>36307857
Well it's not like there's anything to recover to anyways.
>>
>>36306697
>Feminine empathy
I have some bad news for you anon, that's an oxymoron. I'm a semi-normie and i'm telling you now that those are mutually exclusive. Women are soulless.
>>
>>36307912
I like to pretend the whole world isn't cold and aloof. Guess that's not really the case.
>>
>>36307912
You might be "semi normie" but you're fully incorrect. Study aster study has shown that females are more empathetic than males. Do you do research before you shoot your mouth off, or do you just not expect peer review?
>>
>>36307998
>after
Whoopsie
>>
>>36306697
A girlfriend is what you need.
>feeling intimate feminine touch holding you tightly while telling you everything is going to be okay
>>
>>36308020
If there's any desperate fembots in SoCal please don't hesitate to hit me up.
>>
>>36307998
I don't care what your opinion is, I have experience fuckboy. And included in your "more empathetic" category is also the fact that they're over emotional and can't contain it.

You're dead wrong if you think those studies showed them the image of some virgin on /r9k/ and they answered with empathy. You're deluded and in for a rough time.
>>
>>36308084
Not my opinion, fuckboy. Science. Articles have been written. Your anecdotal evidence is the questionable thing.
So adjust your worldview.
>>
>>36308115
Muh science

That's fine, but until I see what they were using to show that females were more empathetic, that study means fuck all in this case. If they were shown a lonely nerd virgin on the internet and ranked high empathy, then you got me. If they were shown puppies and babies and other shit, then it means squat. By all means though, science will help you get a girlfriend, I'm sure.
>>
>>36308169
Yikes you niggas need to calm down.
>>
>>36308169
>married with a daughter
No probs lad. You said women have no empathy, I proved you wrong scientifically. Keep moving those goalposts, though, I'm sure it'll make you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>36306697
>a bit of feminine empathy

translation: be my free therapist

men always expect women to be their emotional sponges. what will you provide me in return? fuck off.
>>
>>36308250
How about friendship? Is that not good enough? I think that I'm a pretty good conversationalist if I get to know the person.
>>
>>36308224
I'm trying to help OP, not be a white knight faggot. women are soulless, and he'd do better to build his character than rely on a woman to salve his hurt feelings. And considering you bitch about anecdotal evidence, it's nice you bring your experience out.

Again, show me the tests they gave these women or shut the fuck up. this is all the evidence we need. Were they empathetic to a guy in need of female attention? that's where the answer lies, and you haven't given it. Show me your evidence.
>>
>>36308359
But my issue is then what can I actually do in this case? I'm already at my limit.
>>
>>36307877
What is the one message that you would tell your 18-21 year old self?
>>
>>36308407
Start being more self reliant, as a start. It's hard as fuck at first, I know, but your goal should be to be happy with yourself, and attracting women somewhere further down the line. My tip is when you talk to a female, don't talk to her with the intention of getting her to like you at first. If she acts like a bitch or friend zones you, dump her like garbage. You don't have to be an asshole to them, just don't let anyone treat you like garbage.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-16-04-18-08.png (354KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-16-04-18-08.png
354KB, 1080x1920px
>>36308359
>good luck finding a gf
>I have a wife
>stop using anecdotal evidence
I'm not sure if you don't know what anecdotal evidence is, or just not sure how to properly debate a point.
>show me studies that dispute my precise situation
That's not how shit works. Here are articles pertaining to female empathy.
The NIH
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19476221
Berkeley dot edu
http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/women_more_empathic_than_men
Psychology Today
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-brain-and-emotional-intelligence/201104/are-women-more-emotionally-intelligent-men
And a series of pdfs for you to thumb through (pic related).
I could honestly not give a fuck your intention when you're spouting lies. Again, keep moving the goalposts.
>>
>>36308563
How do I start though? I don't work, I go to college and even then I do that poorly. I don't drive and I just feel like a waste.
>>
>>36308571
Are women empathetic to men asking for attention on the internet? Or even at all? That's it.

>>36308614
Start somewhere. Try starting a schedule and keep it. Add going outside somewhere to it, like maybe you just go for a walk and get some fresh air. A huge boon would be finding a job, particularly one you like because something you hate will make you hate life. Once you have money rolling in, everything else falls into place, but you have to make the effort. With a job will come money, and with money will come a license then car, and even more freedom with it. Try finding people nearby that like the things you do.

It all seems like a lot, but take it at your own pace. Be sure to keep up good hygiene, that's also a good start. Brush your teeth, brush your hair, shave, shower, etc.
>>
>>36308793
Anxiety and depression really make it hard to even want to make the effort. I feel like it'd be futile no matter what.
>>
>>36308856
Both of those are self-sustaining, I understand what you mean. You might not even completely get over them, but they can be helped to a degree and to the point that they don't get in the way so much, it's just up to you to stick with it, even in the worst of times. Journey, thousand steps, hardest, etc. Do better for yourself, not because you crave female attention. No one else can like you if you don't like you. Again, just start small. Take a step outside, take a deep breath, look at the sky and think that things aren't so bad, that they can be worse.
>>
>>36308906
Thanks anon, I'll take this advice. Just want you to clarify on the schedule thing.
>>
>>36308925
Are you asking me to outline a schedule or something?
>>
>>36308793
>Are women empathetic to men asking for attention on the internet
I typed that into Google and found no scientific papers pertaining to it, but I did find an editorial (read: anecdotal) article that's a pretty good read. It's by a feminist, so it has an air of smugness to it, but it covers empathy and gender roles in online dating.
http://www.rolereboot.org/sex-and-relationships/details/2013-02-online-dating-sucks-for-men-because-of-women-like-me
And to think, all of this research over hyperbolic statements on /r9k/. The internet is a lovely place.
>>
>>36308952
Just how that works.
>>
>>36308980
Depends on the person. For me, I mostly focus on keeping my job. Work at 6 until about midnight six nights a week, afterwards I have enough money to do what I want. A schedule helps you feel like you're guiding your life rather than floating along with no purpose, and getting bored leads to really bad depression. I'm having a hard time grasping what you're asking for lol, hopefully I cover it somewhere. "Just how that works is pretty vague."

>>36308967
I'm really not trying to be a pessimist when it comes to women, but realizing they're typically terrible people just serves to help stave off trying to improve for a female rather than oneself. You don't have to hate women and of course not all women are soulless. Just keep your guard up and don't expect too much. I'm currently flirting with a chick I met that has a ton of orbiters and another that's married (Though I don't intend to do anything with that one).
>>
>feminine empathy
>>
>>36306697
Women cannot into empathy, forget about it. They simply don't care about you if you aren't Chad enough.
>>
>>36309121
>serves to help stave off trying to improve for a female rather than oneself
I get that and completely agree. In my twenties I got really into buckling down and being an artist, almost for the exact same reason. As opposed to thinking women are soulless, I concluded relationships were a distraction, and that my art should take top priority over everything else. Doing something for yourself, creating a goal and achieving it, is paramount to creating an identity beyond a relationship status.
>>
>>36309214
Exactly, and despite the reasoning between individuals, it all comes down to helping yourself. A relationship should always come second because looking for someone else thinking it will improve your life will only make you dependent on them and if they ever were to leave you your world would come crashing down. Good on you, anon.
>>
>feminine
>empathy
barking up the wrong tree

no woman cares about you besides mom

even your potential wife will think you're weak if you express emotion in front of her

never ever open up to a woman they'll use it against you
>>
>>36309280
Back at ya anon. Good dialogue.
>>
>>36306697
>a bit of feminine empathy would be a nice change of pace.
>OP here, not gonna do that. She's not very understanding.

top kek anon, feminine empathy is the biggest meme in existence
>>
>>36308571
>https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-brain-and-emotional-intelligence/201104/are-women-more-emotionally-intelligent-men

>Here's where women differ form men. If the other person is upset, or the emotions are disturbing, women's brains tend to stay with those feelings. But men's brains do something else: they sense the feelings for a moment, then tune out of the emotions and switch to other brain areas that try to solve the problem that's creating the disturbance.

>On the other hand, it's not that simple. For instance, some measures suggest women are on average better than men at some forms of empathy, and men do better than women when it comes to managing distressing emotions.

m8 if you believe these articles prove anything you're in for rough ride in life

such nonsense words which can mean almost anything as 'empathy' are pure propaganda constructs, it's like >>36308169 says, they'll say empathy means one thing in the common world, then test for something vague and in need of interpretation which in reality might mean something completely different. these studies probably don't ask them complex ethical dilemma's, but show them some baby faces and check what happens in the brain with an MRI, this proves nothing
>>
>>36306697
Seriously, try r/r4r or r/penpals

I talked to 2 quite nice grills thete (nothing romantic though)

I tell you what, pic a post on r4r and we help you write a pm
>>
>>36306697
first why are you lone and what do you do and what are your hobbies
t. grill
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.