[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

depression

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1486987172697.jpg (44KB, 750x529px) Image search: [Google]
1486987172697.jpg
44KB, 750x529px
Im in a dark place with no light

come and comiserate with me b/robots/
>>
I used to get extraordinarily depressed.

I still operate between neutral and extremely low. I can't remember the last time I was really happy.

But the crushing, soul sucking depression happens much less these days. I'm not sure why, maybe I'm just older.
>>
>>36302334
Wut's wrong, my negro frend?
>>
>>36303162
I feel the same way.
Only I don't really believe in happiness anymore.
I just think it's a series of moments of ecstasy. Not really how I was expecting it to be.
I guess all you can really do is head for those moments and don't look back.
>>
>>36303162
I think at some point, you learn to live with it. Age may play a part in it, but only a small one.
I used to think about killing myself daily and it was crippling and painful.
I still do it, but now it's in a really passive way.
I'm a lucid enough person to know I shouldn't, obviously, but when I think of it now, it don't feel the same pain.

I like to think of it as like this.
The brain is, ultimately, a muscle. And muscles, when put through nearly identical stress daily, eventually stop "feeling" the burn once they have acclimated to that specific amount of pain. Eventually, your brain learns to tune out the hurt.
>>
>>36303584

I think this is accurate. People who are extremely depressed and survive it have an incredible wisdom and maturity that many, many people do not have
>>
>>36303677
It's a blessing and a curse, really.
I've stopped associating with many of my old friends because it's hard to be around that kind of almost childish positivity.
>>
hey man if you're depressed come talk to other depressed bots

https://plug.dj/r9k
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.