[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the /r9k/ verdict on the early 2000s? Was it a better time?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 15.png (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
48KB, 800x600px
What is the /r9k/ verdict on the early 2000s? Was it a better time?
>>
File: 1490309353815.jpg (164KB, 996x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490309353815.jpg
164KB, 996x700px
>>36288562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAZv5NHxZic
>>
>>36288562
No. Like the 90's it's only nostalgia fags that think it was a better time. In reality if you're a robot today, you were a robot yesterday. No time was a good time; everything is, was, and probably always will be shit. So stop pining for the past, you'd be rejected and alone then as well.
>>
>>36288738
But was better, no niggers and shitskins of various kind going around committing crimes and the internet without normies was great.
>>
>>36288562
>feverishly smash f5 and f8 while booting up
>create new administrator account
>implying anyone could ever stop me from accessing their PCs back then

Who else /hackerman/ here?
>>
>>36288738
You know you could walk into any headshop and get synthetics and the internet wasn't getting fucked, right?

And vidya hasn't really got any better and with computer software it's all just bloatware and doesn't really upgrade?
>>
>>36288764
r9k was very pro women in the early 2000's. I remember people being called autistic neckbeards for even suggesting women as a group were even remotely bad
>>
>>36288845
Tits or gtfo has been around since/b/ started, us not being the same person notwithstanding.
>>
>>36288845
>early 2000's
>r9k existing
ok friendo
>>
File: 678657657657.png (95KB, 498x224px) Image search: [Google]
678657657657.png
95KB, 498x224px
>>36288562
I don't know, but my life back then certainly was.
Heaven is a place in the past.
>>
>>36288562

All I really remember about then is that the music was shit.
>>
>>36289097
Are you
>implying
,Anon?
>>
File: 1451674334798.png (34KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
1451674334798.png
34KB, 350x420px
>>36289033
I like to imagine Heaven as being an endless 90s/early 2000s summer.
>>
>>36288764
internet was full of normies since about 1996.
and the whole racial problem is going since about the 70s.
>>
>>36288562
Early 2000s were just a continuation of the 90s.
>>
>>36289097
Early '00s had pretty cringey music, but I'd still take it over the crap we have now.
>>
>>36289122
You've replied this exact thing to me before.
>my cousins' basement, pizza and dart boards
Ring a bell?
>>
>>36289122
>summer is full of kids on school break
Faggot.
>>
>>36289170
We were the kids on school break, dipshit.
>>
File: 3c5.png (273KB, 1167x879px) Image search: [Google]
3c5.png
273KB, 1167x879px
>>36289162
Yes, anon, I admit I have. Our feels bring us together once more, it seems.
>>
>>36289139
Normalfags were barely ever online in 1996 or in early 2000s. The normie takeover of the Internet only really started in 2007.
>>
>>36289209
I like to think we'll unknowningly reply to eachother
many more times in the future, as we have.
>>
>>36289198
And I told you to leave back then and you should leave now faggot.
>>
>>36289139
In the USA sure but not here in europe, I've never seen a single shitskin before 2008 and now the roads are infested.
>>
File: 99wMe07.gif (701KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
99wMe07.gif
701KB, 250x188px
>>36289274
>live where I live
>arrests are rare
>black people are rarer
>on the way home from work
>the first time I see someone get arrested in my entire life
>it's an entire group of black guys

>feel a satisfying feeling
>>
>>36289274
Damn. So because of all the "refugees" and shit?

That's actually really sad to think about. I always just envisioned Europe in my mind as a collectively brown multicultural mass.

That really truly sucks anon. It's like the equivalent to blacks moving into a neighborhood here in the US and it gradually going to shit. Except for you it's not your neighborhood, but whole country. My condolences.
>>
One thing I really miss is The Pirate Bay. I haven't used it in almost a decade but when I first discovered it thanks to some guy I met in a WinMX chatroom, it was amazing. I could get ANYTHING I wanted. I finally got to see the first ever Futurama episode which never seemed to ever air here in the UK for some reason. And back then you would never get letters through the door. The most popular torrent for the most popular film of the month on the most popular torrent site and no trouble at all.

I miss that, but, otherwise, I don't miss much else. Perhaps MTA for GTA 3.
>>
>>36289419
It's not nearly as brown as the US yet
>>
>>36289209
>>36289249
You guys should be friends!

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
Yeah it was better. Went outside more. Had friends. Good TV shows. Good mainstream music. Great video games...GBA Pokemon games, Sonic Adventure 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Halo CE, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X. WWF was worth watching. Normies weren't into internet. GameFAQs, IGN, Gamespot. AOL/AIM. Elementary school/Middle School was fun. No greater feeling than having a crush in those school days. Summer breaks were the best. No smartphones. Getting a girl's number meant something.
>>
>>36288562
Ooooooooh im telling mom youre on the administator user.

Stop trying to install that game.
Plus mom said it's my tuen.

She's gonba take the ethernet adapter cone onnnn
>>
>>36288562
Nothing particularly great at that time. Rock music started sucking; there was no impetus like the rage of the 90's. Raves took the spotlight briefly and cops cracked down, then Sandstorm <-- the shittiest most unoriginal electronic song birthed EDM and the scene changed into the DJ worshiping faggotry that exists today. Everybody hated Windows XP - it was shit until ~2005, 3 (4?) service packs later and once finally stable Vista came out.

Sites like Hot or Not made a splash, this was actually better, ratings were honest. They weren't even linked with dating yet so there was no reason to lie or get into someone's pants.

Ps2 was great, gamecube was great, Dreamcast was still great. Piracy was still being figured out by the feds, and Steam, when it came out, was lambasted just like every other DRM solution like SecuRom etc. "It requires an always-on connection!!!"

'SJW' didn't exist yet. The subject matter was still there; women are still paid less than men for the same jobs, drug use is a medical issue, not a criminal issue. We still needed to fucking recycle and make electric cars not just because we're running out of space, but because it's polluting out groundwater.

George Bush was a complete puppet, a piece of shit under the influence of the bigger piece of shit Dick Cheney, who started a war that we're still fighting.

And in the middle of this, instead of people becoming enraged and organizing to create change, Emo faggotries sprung up all over the place because they pay attention to their cell phones and social status instead of real life social networks. I know why, actually. Their parents, the first gen-x ers, were absolute shit parents. The 70's had THE worst music, THE worst style, THE worst fallout from drug culture. I do pity you, but now you need to get fucking ready to lead culture away from Starbucks/Blues Traveler fatness and into a colorful, diverse, efficient future.
>>
>>36288562
The early 2000s were only okay because the internet was the wild west, chatrooms existed for every topic (depression chat rooms brought cuties), and normies were nonexistant. Put simplyit was awesome if you were a shutin, as there was always cool people to talk to who didnt judge you and who shared those feels, to use an anchronism.
>>
>>36288883
Stop trying to sound oldfag, tits or gtfo is a meme started by autistic newfags from /r/thedonald in 2016
>>
>>36290575
It was one of the rules of /b/ from over ten years ago now kill yourself you stupid newfaggot jesus.
>>
>>36290615
Stop trying to revise history to look oldfag you faggot redditor
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.