[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw you will never go back REEEEEEEEEEEE not original

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 21

tfw you will never go back

REEEEEEEEEEEE not original
>>
>>36273603
You wowfags make threads a lot about this don't you?
>>
>>36273635
What are you talking about?
I've seen like one of these threads this month
>>
File: 1484920507464.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484920507464.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
>>36273649
/v/ gets them a lot too
>>
>>36273649
Dude wowfags are notoriously nostalgic.

There's always going on about early wow.

I think they shit on the latest expansions
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvW-QTiZLQ0
you now literally want to kill yourself
>>
>>36274069

I think the Cataclysm update to the Elwynn music is superior. Though the original Elwynn music is pretty as well.
>>
File: tbqh.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
tbqh.png
17KB, 900x900px
>tfw fucked a ton of 7/10-8/10 girls
>tfw had the typical dude party state college experience
>tfw active in high school sports, won regional
>tfw work at a pretty prestigious firm to most normies at least
>tfw done a variety of recreational drugs

>nothing compares to the rush and feeling of accomplishment I got when I hit level cap for the first time, when I was 13 years old and trying not to talk much on vent because I didn't want to think I was a kid when we downed Illidan for the first time (My very first raid) or when I got [Wrecking Ball] in the 40-49 bracked on my Enhance Shammy in nothing but questing greens
>>
>tfw wasn't there for vanilla
>tfw playing it right now on a private server and it's fucking amazing.

The story of WoW is truly a tragedy.
>>
>>36275174
Are you playing on elysium?
I wish there were other vanilla private serves with similar population numbers so we wouldn't have to deal with the shithead development team
>>
>>36274343
Why are you here? You're not a robot.
>>
>>36275174
>tfw started playing when cataclysm came out and still had a blast
>>
>>36274099
Honestly yeah, Cataclysm's music was great, the original gives me nostalgia though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqHz_1a4eT0
>>
File: Lumbridge_Castle.png (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lumbridge_Castle.png
1MB, 1500x1000px
>tfw you go back and it's filled with autistics who "grind" and updates that ruin everything
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w8K45EsILM
>>
File: 1406013312724.jpg (325KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1406013312724.jpg
325KB, 1383x1600px
'96 kid here. I first played WoW in fifth grade (about '07). I played it consistently for about a year and then on and off ever since then. I quit after MoP came out permanently. I don't think I will ever find a game that was as much fun as pre-Cat WoW.

>tfw forming a rag tag group to complete your first instance together, staying up long into the night drinking rockstars
>tagging along with a group of level 60s-70s to raid the crossroads
I want to go back...
>>
File: 1387666894039.png (32KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1387666894039.png
32KB, 633x758px
>playing WoW in middle school
>had to take a break from WoW for a few weeks because my parents thought it was bringing my grades down
>log in and be greeted with messages from friends asking where I was and if I was alright, and see a bunch of letters in my mailbox from people asking what's up
>this was genuinely the only time I ever had friends who cared about me enough to miss me like that
>>
>really tempted to roll on elysium to join the /vg/ guild and spend all day doing druid shit, running LBRS hoping for that Mark of the Dragon Lord (so I can afk in Ironforge with a cool particle effect making everyone inspect me and have BiS healing gear for mana regen on fights without AoE)
>also tempted to reinstall retail wow and just spend all day soloing old content for gold to buy the f2p tokens and using the rest of my time to do gay battlepet bullshit

>I have real life exams and after that I need to go help people do something and then I need to get a summer job

Instead I'm playing this piece of garbage and drinking myself to sleep.
>>
I never got into warcraft. I played a little Lord of the Rings Online on weeknights when I didn't have basketball practice or my chad cousin wasn't dragging me to some party, but that's about it.

Never got the warcraft meme, but I remember a South Park episode about it and it looked like a shitty version of LOTRO.
>>
>tfw probably the only person on this board that never got into MMOs
It's a lonely feel.
>>
File: 1453095746013.jpg (31KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
1453095746013.jpg
31KB, 400x262px
>>36277025

>forming groups with complete strangers to do dungeons and finish quests
>sometimes some of them would add you to their friends list or you would run into the same players again after you'd both leveled up and moved on to a new dungeon and before you knew it you were playing together all the time, getting a smile on your face whenever they'd log in because while the game was entertaining alone it became something else entirely when you had friends to go on adventures with
>together you would explore new zones, clear new dungeons, hit the level cap, and even raid enemy cities from time to time
>complete strangers became people you would happily spend all night playing with

>come back later and there's some cross-realm thing where now you do dungeons with people from other servers who you will never see again
>nobody ever even speaks, everyone might as well just be NPCs
>>
File: 1491977853115.png (199KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491977853115.png
199KB, 456x320px
I wish I could have experienced WoW fully. I played since vanilla but the max level character I made was 30. I would just dick around in goldshire.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't become one of those full autism mode raiders that spent so much time powergaming they forgot how to have fun though
>>
>>36273603
>look at picture
>didn't realize that was a video game
>thought it was an actual hiking trail
>sudden memories of hiking with friends and talking about topics ranging from music to history to politics

The feels.
>>
>>36273603
>be 12 or 13, start playing WOTLK with my brother
>everyday after school run home and load up
>got to max level, worked hard grinding gear because we wanted to defeat the lich king
>met a decent guild, leader recruited us

So began our quest to kill the lich king.

>Raids began, this was the team

>Edgy night elf rogue with an anime main character voice, barely talked but topped the charts always
>Guild leader, the human(?) warlock. Dude worked at mcdonalds I think. Kind of white trash, outgoing brash type of guy, me and my brother thought he was the coolest
>Female night elf priest who everyone had a crush on. Hot voice, found out towards the end of the guild she was fat and kind of ugly though
>Middle aged dwarf warrior as our tank, he took a smoke break like literally after every other ads pull. Would queue his mic everytime he coughed
>Late teens nerdy type orc warrior as our fury dps, one time I got deathbringers will and he begged me like he was going to die to give it to me
>Draenei resto shaman, dude smoked weed like crazy every raid night, we'd hear his bong rip constantly through vent and just spam chain heal and auto follow the other healer. Sometimes he would just sit at the last ads spot and chain heal for like a minute
>Offtank blood elf paladin, 30 year old dude was flamboyantly gay and would hit on my brother all the time in wow whispers, but he was generally cool
>Gnome arcane mage, nerdy as fuck dude in his late 20's who was my rival. We'd always be neck to neck in DPS and shit talking each other during fights to the point our raid leader would scream at us. He'd plan out all of his gems and strategies down to even the ad packs to try to pull ahead of me.
>My brother, human death knight. He was younger than me and was always last dps, but he gave it his all and always committed to the plans and raids
>Me, night elf feral druid. Would always switch specs between boomy so my gear wasn't the best but I knew the fights and rotations.

1/2?
>>
>>36277555
>Raid night was 8-12, first week we had to leave at 10 cause our parents made us go to bed by unplugging our ethernet cords, but we promised it wouldn't happen again
>i hatch a brilliant plan
>saturday, wake up really early around 5, creep into my brothers room and wake him up
>we empty all our coin jars and search the house with a flashlight for all the quarters we can find
>stuff them all in our backpacks and ride our bikes to the store (best buy?) along with our allowance money
>we end up buying the two biggest ethernet cables we could find
>ride back, do our dailies and fuck around all day in wintergrasp until we're sure that our parents are asleep
>sneak into my dads office where the router was
>plug in the two cords (the router was in the bottom of his desk in a cabinet type of thing)
>slowly drill a small hole in the back side of it, must have took us 30 minutes
>tie the wires together and run them behind his L desk through the door to the hallway
>cover it with a couple carpets from the basement, wire it into our rooms when it was night time

Anyway, back to the raids

>slowly progressing, me and my brother would look forward to the raids more than anything else
>would watch tankspot videos for the fights we'd be doing for that night, got a shitload of chips and soda
>months go by and we get to the dragon boss (syndragosa)?
>forget what happened exactly but we couldn't beat her for a month, our gnome mage has a mental breakdown on vent and /gquit's
>find some filler and eventually get to lich king, don't remember much specifics

>Finally at the Lich King, me and my brother are getting chills as we watch the animation
>fight begins, many wipes occur.
>week after week laboring as we get closer and closer to finishing
>fucking bird things that took you off the edge kept killing the stoner shaman as he died laughing on vent
>guild leader has a meeting with us in stormforge before one of our attempts

2/3
>>
File: lichkingfeels.jpg (248KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
lichkingfeels.jpg
248KB, 1920x1018px
>tfw you'll never sail into Howling Fjord for the first time again
>>
>>36277864
>his second in command plays some epic music over the vent in the background
>gives us this speech that is corny looking back on it now, but made us all know that this is the night we need to get it done. Calls us all out individually and tells us what each of us can do better, but then points out something positive and unique about us and why he chose us specifically for the team
>stoner guy says in guild chat he's not going to smoke as much tonight, we know he's serious
>no jokes or laughs as we enter The Citadel, as serious and professional as Seal Team 6
>clear trash, mobs, ect.
>get to lich king, I go to my brothers room, lit only by the low graphic setting of The Lich King's platform glaring on his face
>We give each other a look and I head back to put my headset on
>Fight starts off perfectly, everything going to plan, communication is perfect and everybody is on the ball
>brother fucks up and dies, whispers me "im sorry...", uses up our battle res
>Phase with the bird things comes, im nervous but keep mashing my pepsi stained keys in perfect formation
>our top DPS rogue gets picked up half way to the edge, I'm the main guy to nuke the birds
>accidently go out of cat form, panic and shift back and forth a couple times
>top dps rogue falls off and dies
>whole raid goes silent for a good 7 seconds , we've only got close to the end because of this guy
>leader pipes up
>"LISTEN, WE'RE GOING TO FINISH THIS FUCKING FIGHT. SPREAD FOR DEFILE(?)"
>comms pull up again, everybody talking and giving info probably like the raid on Bin Laden
>Rogue whispers me from off the platform, never talked to him directly in the months of raiding
>"Don't worry about what happened. Finish off the boss. You're the top DPS now, I can see "mage name" is behind you. it's all on you".
>Lich King is dropping lower, we're getting all excited and cheering
>health is dipping on all the raid members

3/4 (seriously last one)
>>
Posting my first online experiences
>>
File: 1383055797136.png (252KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1383055797136.png
252KB, 511x428px
>>36277555
>>36277864
>>36278237

i'm having fun reading this anon
>>
File: 1490352154413.jpg (31KB, 330x376px) Image search: [Google]
1490352154413.jpg
31KB, 330x376px
>you will never go back in time and beat the shit out of your younger self while screaming "PLAY WOW AND ILL COME BACK AND YOU BEAT YOU AGAIN"
>>
File: avp2.jpg (162KB, 532x248px) Image search: [Google]
avp2.jpg
162KB, 532x248px
>>36278319

AVp2
>>
>>36273603
>tfw you will never scale a mountain again just to explore and see if there was anything in Hyjal
>>
>>36276416
dude no one's actually a robot here lmao

...wait, don't tell me you're actually a robot??
>>
File: 1473193613737.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1473193613737.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
>>36278370

>you will never put your younger self in a chokehold and wrench his neck while screeching autistically and incoherently at the top of your lungs about "the future" and "eternal virginity" while your fat, nerdy, friendless younger self screams in pure terror as your hysterical past mother attempts to pull you off of yourself
>>
File: 1476200090538.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476200090538.gif
2MB, 400x225px
This game ruined me, but I'm not sure I even regret it.
>>
>>36278237
>my brother dies again along with our warrior (3rd top dps)
>gay blood elf drops to like 5% and lets out a girlish yelp as he spams flash heal
>vent is chaos, nobody can understand each other
>guild leader screams "SHUT THE FUCK UP. THIS IS IT.
>brother runs in my room, hands on the back of my chair watching in horror
>shaman is busting his ass trying to chain heal everybody, keeping us just on the brink of death
>just me and the mage as the real DPS left, paladin is panicking
>Leader screams at the top of his lungs
>"ANON, MAGE, FUCKING NUKE IT NOW!!!"
>face pressed to the screen, literally sweating at this point, my brothers jumping up and down screaming quitely
>Lich kings about 3% away from "death"
>Pally dies, then me
>Mage spamming his arcane spell as our tank whacks him with his sword
>tank dies, in the midst of the Lich King aggroing on the mage, we finally kill him
>Vent lights up with everybody screaming in celebration apart from the rogue as the cinematic queues
>my brother starts crying as im laughing maniacally, jump out of my chair and hug him
>dad comes in concerned, we explain to him as well as we could in the moment, he smirks & says "good job boys, want a pizza?"
>some shit drop, but who cares
>mage tells me he's proud of me and the only reason he min maxed so hard was to keep up with me
>we take a screenshot in the middle of the platform, all doing an emote
>guild slowly dies after that, members leave or transfer, we quit wow after the new expansion
>lose all my screenshots on the harddrive from that shit computer I had

>maybe 5 or so years later, brother moves away for college, don't talk to him often
>sitting in my chair shitposting as usual
>dad comes into my room with just a blank ghoulish expression
>tells me my brother died in a drunk drive accident after a party the night before

I love you Henry, I wish I could do anything to live that year over again. Hope somebody enjoyed the story, it felt good to relive the nostalgia.
>>
>>36278626

Hammered and tired typing all this so sorry if it got a bit rambly. If anybody on grizzly hills back in wrath played, tell me your name. I remember Grazdt was the rogue and the mage might have been blinkblinkz or something.
>>
An old SWG memory.

>Go into Tatooine cantina.
>Just checking stuff out there
>A few players in there
>Including a robed guy by the bar
>Around four or so other guys heavily armoured and with crazy weapons
>They go up to the guy at the bar
>They talk with him, I forget what they say, I dunno if they were RPing or not
>Guy whips out a lightsaber, this was when Jedi were rare
>They whip out their guns
>Another guy in the corner of the bar whips out a lightsaber
>All hell breaks loose
>I'm just in awe of it all
>>
>Played WoW for the first time this summer
>Felt like touring through an abandoned theme park

That sentence accurately describes how I felt, but I still enjoyed it. I hit level cap with Warrior. Good times.
>>
>>36279467

As someone who played WoW as early back as vanilla, that's how I'd describe the feeling I got when I replayed it a couple of years back too. It was a completely different experience. I don't think I talked to a single other player from level 1 to the level cap.
>>
>>36279467
>>36279509
Its because the majority of zones are unneeded now. It used to be heavily based on exploration. Like you'd have go to massive distances. I remember the Night Elf zones were all over the place when you had to go to the next one.

I guess thats why the zones are so small now. It's more about hubs where people can hang out while they queue.
>>
>>36279509
typing /who or whatever the command was only to get a screen with one name was depressing
>>
>>36279509
>I don't think I talked to a single other player from level 1 to the level cap.

Shit, you can click a button to queue up for raids, get dropped into a group of 25 random people from random servers, clear the entire raid, and never hear anyone say a single word.

And why would they? None of you will ever see each other again even if you wanted to. I don't know why they even queue you with other players. Just drop you in a raid with a bunch of npcs, same fucking thing. WoW isn't even that much worse now that it was for the first couple expansions, it's just that this cross realm bullshit killed virtually every social aspect of the game.
>>
>>36276896
incredibly sad but true.
not to mention all those /vg/ retards.
jesus christ.
>>
File: 23603371.jpg (50KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
23603371.jpg
50KB, 500x365px
>Going for rank 1 in BC arena season 2,3 and 4

Holy fuck I have never had more fun in my entire life. I still dream about these moments and nothing in my life can compare to those.

Not first GF, getting married or any other achievement in life.

I would easily trade it all.
>>
>>36280156
In the 2000s MMOs were all about exploration and the social aspect, that was the main drive and the main selling point.

Withe 2010s its almost the opposite. It's about competition and addictive gameplay. You no longer work with others to achieve a goal, you compete against them.
>>
>>36280156
WoW destroyed the social aspect and community of MMOs long before crossrealm nonsense.

WoW destroyed it early on with its immense popularity. Which causes the degradation of any hobby's community. I'm not just shitposting, and if I wasn't so tired I would type up a thesis on this.

I've been playing MMOs since the original Everquest. I miss the good old days of strong, small, tightknit communities.
>>
>>36273603
Whaaat?
You can still play Oblivion!
You can get it on steam
>>
>>36277555
>12 or 13
>wotlk

fucking youngfags get off my board
>>
>>36277555
>>Offtank blood elf paladin, 30 year old dude was flamboyantly gay and would hit on my brother all the time in wow whispers
>My brother, human death knight. He was younger than me and was always last dps
homos are pedos literally every time
>>
Project 1999 is a nice visits my friends.

And wow is still fun in a way... Not worth the price but still kinda fun.
>>
>ywn play vanilla for the first time again
>2005 was 25 years ago
>>
>>36273693
Is that Medal of Honor?
>>
>>36281326
it's just how men are, turning all of them into chicks is the only way to finally eradicate the male's perversion once and for all
>>
>>36281436
No it is not how men are
I don't like shota-
Oh wait
I do
Fq
>>
File: party.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
party.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>36275174
As someone who was there for vanilla WoW, I often wish I was there for Everquest or Ultima Online.
>>
>>36278626
Sorry to hear that about your brother anon
You made me.feel some strong nostalgia i only played wotlk and i didnt have a brother to kill arthas with
Some people would say tour wow story means nothing but wow playera who played heavily ok their teens will feel the dame as me
The night that I killed LK for the first and last time I went to bed (At 7am) with the most great satisfaction smile on my face
>>
>>36281607
Samefagin here justo to apologize for the typos (postin on cellphone) and to thank you for the writing
>>
File: cklimbing skillz.jpg (314KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cklimbing skillz.jpg
314KB, 1600x1200px
>>36277242
I think it's a bit presumptious to assume power gamers don't have fun. They might not be fun to play WITH if they're elitist but I haven't tried it myself so...

>>36278384
Aw yes. I thought I was the only one who played AvP2.

>>36278400
>Climb mountains into Hyjal
>Developers notice that people are doing this and put an invisible wall at the entrance
>Climb over the invisible wall
I climbed everything in that game. I'm pretty sure I discovered some places that no one else ever did.

>>36280735
>Withe 2010s its almost the opposite. It's about competition and addictive gameplay
Well no shit when people kept complaining about the skill system being "boring" and competitors like Age of Conan tried to compete with "fun and tactile gameplay, guys".
>>
File: davetennantblobfish.jpg (21KB, 301x326px) Image search: [Google]
davetennantblobfish.jpg
21KB, 301x326px
>>36273603
I miss vanilla to late wrath, the game was very different to the roadkill they call wow today.

It used a party dynamic without forcing randoms on you, LFG had to be done in general chat etc.
>>
>>36278626
I have a similar experience from Wrath, except it was hard mode Lich King on 10 man, where you NEEDED a disc priest and the only one we had was a stoner as well, after about a month we finally did kill it. The guild eventually broke up in Firelands in Cata, it wasn't the best guild but there were a lot of cool people in it
>>
>>36273603
I once graveyard camped a level 8 for 6 hours straight

I waited at the graveyard even when they logged out

I think I saved someones life that day
>>
>>36282673
When you're that dedicated you deserve to grief.

I remember going to Orgrimmar and killing people who exited battlegrounds. Just me and one friend. We were at a serious disadvantage since we were in enemy territory but they were still butthurt about it and told us to stop.
>>
Its been 13 years since this game launched and 5 years since it closed and there's still never been a character creator as robust.

Graphic wise it lacks now, yeah. But the amount of stuff you can add to your character. Still unmatched.

The amount of powers you could have, still unmatched by the other two Superhero MMOs still around.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.