[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/ how old are you? do you like books? what are you reading?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Hey /r9k/
how old are you?
do you like books? what are you reading?
>>
I'm reading a book called written in the blood. It's gritty but i like gritty
>>
>>36262298
30, i love to read, I haven't had time to do so in a while, last book I was reading was From the terrace
>>
>>36262298

I'm reading an intro to Hegel while procrastinating my thesis on kant's philosophy of nature.
In my (early) undergrad years I used to have a bad opinion of Hegel, but I can sort of see from where he is coming from.
>>
21, reading don quixote
>>
>>36262298
Lots of Nabokov right now. Going to tackle the last book in the meme trilogy (Infinite Jest) over the summer. Got lots of good shit lined up for this summer. Almost all of Virginia Woolf's books and essays. Finnegans Wake. Watership Down. The lesser known novels of Dostoevski. Underwold by Don Delillo. Can't wait for summer.
>>
Currently:
- Divided brains: the biology and behaviour of brain asymmetries
- Why zebras don't get ulcers: and updated guide to stress, stress-related diseases, and coping
Reading is most of my spare time, can also be papers, essays and articles instead of books
>>
>>36262447
Reads quickly doesn't it? Have you gotten to the Helmet of Malambrino part yet? That's my favorite.
>>
>>36262447
I also like the cuckold story in the book. The dude was literally asking to be cucked, and gets mad when he does. Like he literally asks his best friend to try to cuck him to test the loyalty of his wife.
>>
>>36262465
Good luck with Joyce. I recommend Joyce Book of the Dark before attempting Finnegans.
>>
>>36262298
>27
>reading way of the kings
sanderson might be anime in book form. but that motherfucker can make 1000 pages pass like a breeze
>>
>>36262531
I've read all his books except for Finnegans Wake. And of course you're never going to actually fully understand any book on a first read. My favorite part of Ulysses was when Poldy gets teased by the girl on the beach and he discreetly masturbates in his pants.
>>
File: 81MfsnQJ0+L.jpg (272KB, 1400x2148px) Image search: [Google]
81MfsnQJ0+L.jpg
272KB, 1400x2148px
>>36262298
I don't have the attention span to read books anymore so I read 2 pages everytime I take a shit. Finished 2 books like this so far. Currently reading pic related. It's more like a detective story which I like.
>>
>>36262937
oh yea I'm 20
>>
File: Lala9.gif (401KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Lala9.gif
401KB, 500x281px
>>36262298
>how old are you?
>do you like books? what are you reading?
yeah, right now I'm reading The Way of Kings.
>>
Just finished up Steel Ball Run.
Reading Mein Kampf and Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
>>
File: 1461535423028.jpg (60KB, 416x629px) Image search: [Google]
1461535423028.jpg
60KB, 416x629px
>>36262298
>how old are you?
>do you like books?
Used to read all the time was even library aide in HS so I could read more, but I haven't been able to sit through a full once since starting college
>what are you reading?
Trying to get through The Sign of the Four
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.