[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychological Issues #31

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 77

File: 17936.png (22KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
17936.png
22KB, 600x800px
XXXI

1. Use a name in the namefield. Unless you only have one question or comment, you need a name. Nameless anons will be baptised by myself. This is so I can remember you.

2. Share your problems, questions, comments, etc.

3. Discuss other people's problems if you want to; you aren't alone with your issues, in most cases.

4. Try this test and see whether it checks out for you or not (it doesn't always):

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
>>
This doesn't look quite good.
>>
>>36259810

Woah...

Now, let's hear the issues in your life in your own words.
>>
>>36259827
We talked on email already. I'm Danila, the borderline guy who can't get professional help.

I just wanted to pop in and try this test.
>>
>>36259978

Oh, you should have said so! Of course I know you, dammit.

You have problems all over the place. I suspected a few things but this is even more than I thought.

Are you willing to discuss this here?
>>
Nick why don't you post your results?

Let's hear a bit about your psychological problems, if you don't mind.
>>
>>36260039
>Nick why don't you post your results?

I did yesterday.
>>
>>36260055

Are you seeing a therapist or self-treating? How is it going - improving or not?
>>
>>36260037
Sure. I've been reading up on DBT (Dialectical behavioral therapy). I'm gonna try to help myself without professional help. Reading about these methods really tells you how to achieve improvement even on your own.
>>
>>36260159

I'm seeing a therapist 2 to 3 hours a week. 3 if I can. I'm most likely going to add group therapy to this.

As to self-improvement, I spent months reading 8 to 10 hours a day about various conditions and problems; this helped a lot in understand things, but it doesn't help beyond a certain point, I fear. It's what I use now to help others, that and the rest.

I don't really feel an improvement in some ways because things seem only to get worse; how I feel can vary a lot from one day to the next. Being on holidays, I'm virtually completely secluded. I only go out for therapy, shopping, and the increasingly rare friendly outing.
>>
>>36260195

I hope this will help, but I really think you should see someone. There's so much on your plate. So damn much. DBT is good for Borderline, but you also have plenty of narc traits (though I'd wager to say not the malignant version); you just think you know better than everyone else. I've experienced that with you, as you know.
>>
>>36260200
Lol. Nick you are so damn autistic... you should fuck off and kill yourself
>>
>>36260226

None of that is particularly autistic... You are not a very good judge of the situation.

Don't strain yourself, your efforts serve no purpose.
>>
>>36260223
To be honest, I think this test is broken or something. If you look at my results, you'd think that I would be institutionalized (I fucking love this word, it sounds so smooth!). And yet I'm not. Actually most people wouldn't even say I have any problems. I just find it hard to believe that I have real problems, when I can hide them from most people I know. If I were to start seeing a psychiatrist right now, most people I know would be VERY surprised.

Also it's nice that you don't consider me to be malignant narcissist. That personality profile is what most people consider to be true evil.
>>
>>36260315

I know extremely functional people who are completely fucked up mentally. None of these things have to be very obvious, though in your case, I know that your surroundings do think you are unusual, and "unusual" is most of what shows outside for a number of these disorders.

Some only show in specific contexts, like intimacy. In this thread, we have someone who has DID, and few people in his entourage would imagine that to be the case.

People didn't imagine I wasn't OK until it started to show. Most people have something, I'd imagine.

I also agree that this very test gives special results, but what you should do is take the disorders individually, and do other tests just for that one disorder, and see if the results match.
>>
Good morning Nick, did you sleep?
>>
>>36260448

Yes, but I wake up early, realise it's the same life, get depressed, and worried, and spend the rest of the morning looking up stuff on my phone. I have to make phone calls today, and I'm not sure if I can.

I've been post-poning this for a week now.

"I'll do it tomorrow, yes, tomorrow."

I've had phone anxiety ever since I used a damn phone.
>>
>>36260403
I guess that is true. I think that what happens quite often is that you're okay, you can hide it and all is nice and dandy, until one day it's not. And by that time, the damage is done already, but it could have been prevented.

Yeah going one by one makes more sense. Actually I was surprised to see histrionic and OCD in the mix. But when I read for example about OCD, I was surprised to see pervasive and unwanted thoughts (in my case I get random thoughts about doing embarassing things that just pop into my head out of nowhere). I never knew this was a symptom of OCD.

I wonder what would the "average" result be if everyone on the planet were to take this test.
>>
>>36260479
I know a surprising number of people with phone anxiety. For me, it's letters.
>>
File: J5104072017.jpg (420KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
J5104072017.jpg
420KB, 1400x787px
>>36259571
Id consinder myself a straight male, but Im only sexually attracted to sex dolls, mannequins, clothed and especially nude character figures, Barbies, female action figures, ect.

Its been that way since I was kid (with barbies, female action figures and mannequins). I dont even find living breathing women attractive. AT ALL. If for some reason I find myself attracted to a woman, I think of their selfish, rotten, vapid, attention seeking, personalities, and lose all attraction.

The funny thing is, Im actually a pretty good look guy, 6'2", good job, my own place in the yuppie, "happening", gentrified side of town, own 2 cars, and losts of friends both male and female, and a handful of close friends who would take bullets for me, and vice versa. I can get attractive women if I wanted, any time of the day. If my friends convince me to go out, women will almost certainly buy me drinks, ask for my number or give me their numbers, ask me to dance, ect. But I dont want them. Theyre trash compared to my queen.
>pic related

Id go as far as to say hate women. But that stems from the shit women have done to my friends/famiy members, the shit some female friends/family members have done, and regularly do, and a failed 10 year relationship of mine that ended with the girl leaving me for someone else. But I was more attracted to inanimate women long before the trials and tribulations of being an adult male became a reality. When I was in this 10 year relationship, I was just with her bc society told me to be. I was fapping to doll fucking videos online the whole time. I fapped onto barbies, and figures too. When Id fuck her, which I can admit, I enjoyed, Id still close my eyes, and imagine she was a lifeless, fuck doll. When she left me, after being together since 16, I wasnt sad. All I could think about was which doll I was about to order as soon as she walks out the door

So I have agalmatophilia, Do I need help or something? I feel like I dont. Im content t b h.
>>
>>36260649
>I wonder what would the "average" result be if everyone on the planet were to take this test.

I'd imagine a bunch of moderate everywhere.

"Low" is when you don't get anything. I tried doing the test without any answer, I got lows for everything.

>low
>moderate
>high
>very high

I think these are the only levels. A single question can get you from low to moderate, I think. Very sensitive test.

>>36260659

Hello, you.

Letter anxiety? How come?
>>
>>36260479
It helps me to write a script before making a phone call, if you know what needs to be said.
>>
>>36260713
I comes down to the dread of what they may contain. I spent a lot of time subsisting on disability benefits, so any brown envelope can spell doom. Moreso when your mother throws you under the bus to save her own skin. It's a precarious way to live, and the assessments are humiliating. There was a lot of noise made about it a few years ago. If you've the stomach for it, try the film 'I, Donald Blake'. You might be shocked. It's also a large part of my novel.
>>
>>36260712
>I think of their selfish, rotten, vapid, attention seeking, personalities, and lose all attraction.

Might be paranoid here, might have a reason for it, might have been betrayed by a female, might have been your mother.

Dolls can't break your heart.

>If my friends convince me to go out, women will almost certainly buy me drinks, ask for my number or give me their numbers, ask me to dance, ect.

Damn, you chick magnet.

>But that stems from the shit women have done to my friends/famiy members, the shit some female friends/family members have done, and regularly do, and a failed 10 year relationship of mine that ended with the girl leaving me for someone else

My comments are written as I read, sometimes. Hence my uninformed first responses.

I'd imagine you have a problem with intimacy, as in, you're sexual, you lust for female shapes, but the idea of it being an actual person, like you, spoils the sex for you.

I'd say, as a general rule, that if you're content, things aren't so bad, but I'm still curious.

My loved one, whom I mention often here, had a huge interest in people like you. As a result, I was made to watch a number of documentaries on dolls and everything. I'm no expert I'm familiar with your deal.

Can you describe your mother?
>>
>>36260745

I used to do this, but found out it made things worse for me, because I start wondering if my script is good, and I end up thinking everything's retarded.

My method, now, is to pick up the phone and call very quickly. Once in the situation, I'm OK, it's the before part that fucks me up.

>>36260771

Makes sense. You're writing a novel? I'm intrigued.
>>
Hello everyone. My boss called me this morning and told me I don't have to come in today if I don't want to, but said if I don't sort myself out, she'll be forced to fire me. I havent written that email yet and I'm honestly considering just not going back. I've been wanting to quit for a while now and between what's just happened and my coworkers bullying me, and not great working conditions, I think it'll be better be better for me if I just try to find another job as soon as possible. I have enough money saved to pay the next rent so if I can find one before then I should be good
>>
>>36260854
Actually I finished it a few years ago. It didn't go down well. Probably the biggest disappointment of my life, if I'm honest.

>>36260876
Ethan, you need to send that email. It will make all the difference.
>>
>>36260876

Your boss sounds like a straight cunt. Bullied by coworkers? Damn, run!

You already wanted to find another job. But if I were you, I'd still go today, and do my best.

Depending on your country, you're better off getting fired than leaving yourself. Not sure how it works where you are.

Your boyfriend will undoubtedly help you for the time you don't have a job. (But go work today, do what you can; meanwhile, find another, quit when it's safe to.)

I'm sorry your boss has no heart.
>>
>>36260944
>It didn't go down well.

The hardest part is finishing it. Did you look for an agent?
>>
>>36260876

My bad, I misread: I thought you HAD sent the e-mail.

Send it!!! She needs to know!!! She can't make a good judgement call without this information!
>>
>>36260972
It's a bit late to be going in now, I was supposed to be there for the breakfast service

>>36260944
Yeah I think I will, but instead of email, I'll tell her over the phone, it feels like it means more if she can hear my voice
>>
>>36260876
It would be better to get fired, because then you have a chance of getting the severance package. But it depends if she can fire you for misconduct. This all depends on your contract.
>>
>>36260479
Dude kill yourself lmao

>>36260448
Please make sure you're eating healthy and go outside once in a while.
>>
>>36260972
Bullied was a bit of an overstatement, they basically know I flinch easily when people touch me and that I hate when people come up behind me, so they purposefully do it and I end up dropping things, making the manager shout at me.
>>
Kek, I made the first phone call on my list and got rejected... I wasn't aware Easter started today, and I don't get why someone would pick up the phone if they're on an off day. Amazing.
>>
>>36261066

If they knew why you flinch, they'd instantly stop doing it.

To them, for now, it's just a fun quirk you have.
>>
File: J3202172017.jpg (283KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
J3202172017.jpg
283KB, 1400x787px
>>36260789
>Can you describe your mother

Haha. Sure.
She left my dad when I was 4 for another man. She was cheating for a few months apparently. My dad noticed her personality changing, she started "working" questionable hours. He knew something was up. One night she was "working" and got a call from county lock up. She was in jail for being in a bar fight. She wasnt at work. She was at abar with her side dude, and his wife busted them, and her and my mom threw down in that bar. The dudes wife made sure my dad knew exactly what was going on. My dad bailed her out that night, and she was gone the very next day. Again, I was 4 when all of this was going on. So I dont remember it. I didnt see my mom again until I was 9. By then she wasnt really my mom, just the woman who gave birth to me. My grandmother was my mom. I guess my dad couldnt take care of me solo, as he was the bread winner, so My grandmother offered to house me, take me to school, feed me, raise me, ect. I loved that woman so much. She was the best person I ever knew. She died on my 13th birthday. Random brain hemorrhage to her. She had high blood pressure.

I know what youre thinking, but I always had a mother (figure) who was there for me, and treated me like a prince. The best kind.
>>
>>36261088
I think you're giving too much credit to these people. He is showing weakness so normies use it to advance their social status.
>>
>>36261092
>I know what youre thinking

You only think you do. Worry not, I won't go Freud on your ass, as I don't think his theories were often correct in essence, though he was, sometimes, almost by accident.

Well, that's a heavy past you have. Very heavy.

Your mother was a cheater and abandoned you (apparently she didn't try very hard to see you for years, that's absolutely outrageous from a mother). Your own woman did the same thing, perhaps minus the cheating part.

Essentially, every import woman in your life either left you, left you for someone else, or died on you. Compared to that, a doll will never leave you and never die. Maybe you find safety in only developing feelings for a doll.

Your grandmother might have treated you right (I believe you), but it remains that your mother did not. And your father didn't do his part either, I'd argue. In more ways than one, you've been made to feel like an orphan of sorts.
>>
>>36261131

I'd appreciate you keep your problems between you and I. I know you think everyone is an evil normie but we've discussed this.

Chances are, both his boss and workmates would have a completely different attitude if they knew.

It takes strength to show weakness, Dan.
>>
>>36261207
I'm honestly worried about what they think of me now after yesterday. They've seen me go into a panicked state before but I never cried in front of them until then. They must think I'm pathetic
>>
>>36261261
>They must think I'm pathetic

Ethan! They don't know what happened to you or why you have such strong reactions. Tell them! You have nothing to lose.

You aren't pathetic, you're a strong survivor, but they don't know that.
>>
>>36261207
I didn't say they are evil.

>Chances are, both his boss and workmates would have a completely different attitude if they knew.

This is what I don't believe. They would likely just start avoiding him or bully him even more. Only way this could go well for him is if the manager stands behind him, which is not likely given what he has said.
>>
>>36261299
I honestly think that if I tell them, it'll just give them something else to make fun of me about
>>
>>36260659
i dislike phones more than going out
>>36260944
oh

hi everyone,
>>
File: here is why.png (124KB, 1366x407px) Image search: [Google]
here is why.png
124KB, 1366x407px
>>36261327

I made this for you. 10 hours on Paint.
>>
>>36261334

You think they're sufficiently evil to make fun of sexual assault?

Even in that case, you can still explain, calmly, in control, while not caring. If they're that callous, they may still think about it later.
>>
>>36261409

Hello, Nobo.
>>
>>36261434
hmm, that is a better name
>>
File: Screenshot_20170414-155317.png (595KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170414-155317.png
595KB, 1080x1920px
I'm not sure it's reliable, I'm doing better than before
>>
>>36261424
In any case, I'm still going to make a phone call to her soon, I'm going to say something along the lines of:

I'm very sorry for the behaviour I have exhibited recently at work, and how it has affected my results. I should have told you this earlier, but the reason for my abnormal behaviour is that I was assaulted a long time ago, and it has had an effect on me. I will do my best to put my problems aside and work efficiently, to prove to you, and myself, that I am worthy of working at this establishment

Does that sound good?
>>
>>36261464

I like it. I need particular names with few attachments to anything else.
>>
>>36261480

Maybe you aren't reliable, or maybe you improved in a short space of time! Who knows?

>>36261511

Don't say "a long time ago", you make it sound like it shouldn't affect you.

I think you should use my letter as a script. You need to say the words, "I was sexually assaulted", honestly. Short of that, she won't get it.

OK? Those words MUST be there.
>>
>>36261480
If you're doing better now, I wonder how must have your original results looked.

I'm just curious, how do all these symptoms manifest themselves in your life?

I'm asking because I got a result that was kinda similar.
>>
>>36261529
If I say that though won't she just think I'm fishing for pity, I dont want her feeling sorry or responsible for me
>>
File: J2902042017.jpg (246KB, 787x1400px) Image search: [Google]
J2902042017.jpg
246KB, 787x1400px
>>36261190
Two things. First My dad was always there. Id mainly only see him on the weekends, because thats when he was off of work, But it was every single weekend. We rent movies, go to the movies, go fishing, chuck-e-cheese, go carting, mini golfing, ect. I remember one day when i was 6, he was broke, and he took me to the park. I found a gold watch and took it to him. He grabbed me and said lets the hell out of here. We went to a pawn shop, he pawned it, and next thing you know, We are at chuck-e-cheese, eating pizza, and I have seemingly unlimited amount of tokens to play. When we left he took me get toys, and rent movies and games. He was awesome. ALways wanting to spend time with me, and see my happy.

Second thing. I dont have "feelings" for any doll I ever owned. Which is 5 dolls at this point. Its purely sexual. I only referred to my doll as a "queen" because shes my cum dumpster. When Im at work, or not home in general, Im fantasizing about what Im going to do to my rubber fuck slave, and when I am home, Im inside of her most of my free time. If i wasnt at work right now, Id be typing this up, with my dick in her mouth.

Youre right though. No important woman has ever stayed in my life desu. I actually stay in contact with my birth mother. She had 2 daughters with some other dude. They have their family. I can tell she regrets abandoning me. I dont really blame her for what she did. She got pregnant by her first boyfriend (my dad) at 16. She never had the chance to let her Ho out. BItches CANNOT settle down, until they let their ho out. My mom never had that chance. she was married at 17. So obviously by the time she was 21, the ho in her was forcing its way out.
>>
File: IMG_0454.png (317KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0454.png
317KB, 640x1136px
Just thought I'd post mine too. As I expected
>>
>>36261606
>If I say that though won't she just think I'm fishing for pity, I dont want her feeling sorry or responsible for me

Ethan, you aren't fishing for pity: you're experience PTSD due to a very traumatic experience. What you do is you explain to her some facts. These are facts. Whether she pities you or what is her problem.
>>
>>36261647

You make very general rules for women, but they don't apply to all women, by far. The reason why your mother was pregnant at 16 is probably the same reason why she was dating another man than her husband, in a bar, for all to see: she doesn't plan her shit very carefully.

Your dad being this awesome might have made you think women, by comparison, were the opposite, except your grandmother, whom I assume to be your paternal grandmother.

Have you ever felt in love with a woman?
>>
>>36261658

This is easily explained by your traumatic event, though, and more likely to be healed. I'd imagine.

It's pretty good on the whole, though, Ethan.
>>
>>36261693
Ok, I'll take your advice and call her in a minute, the report back
>>
>>36261790

OK. On stand-by.
>>
<table><tr><th>Disorder</th><th>Result</th></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/paranoid.html">ParanoidPersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#c03;">High</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizoid.html">SchizoidPersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#c03;">High</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">SchizotypalPersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#f00;">Very High</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">AntisocialPersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">BorderlinePersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#f00;">Very High</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">HistrionicPersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#c03;">High</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">NarcissisticPersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#f00;">Very High</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">AvoidantPersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#f00;">Very High</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">DependentPersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#f00;">Very High</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">Obsessive-CompulsivePersonality</a></td><td><span style="color:#f00;">Very High</span></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><a href="//www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv">Take the Personality Disorder Test</a> --<br>-- <a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html">$linkText2</a> --</td></tr></table>
>>
I'm back for now. Thread seems uncluttered enough for me to be comfortable.
>>
>>36261529
>>>36261480 (You)
>Maybe you aren't reliable, or maybe you improved in a short space of time! Who knows?

I meant i should've scored way better, I only consider myself anti social, avoidant and obsessive.

>>36261579
>>>36261480 (You)
>If you're doing better now, I wonder how must have your original results looked.
>I'm just curious, how do all these symptoms manifest themselves in your life?
Welp it started from the mild depression, at the begining of h.school my mental health got worse, and during the second class i just broke down (won't go into details, they're meaningless anyway). After finishing school I spent 3 years locked in my room, starving myself, doing drugs while going out at night (in a small circle of so called friends), paranoid about every sound of the car outside-waking up at every one passing by(i live by the street with a lot of traffic), self stimulating schizophrenia, deprivating myself of sleep, reading books almost all the time while forgetting them moment after i don't know what else my memories are fucking blank just as i wanted them to be.

Now I'm a college dropout again(first time due to anxiety i stopped after 4 days), going to some after-high-school type of school, i even have some kind of relationship with a girl from there, unfortunately she started it and now i feel attached to her even if we are just good classmates. I also kinda hate her for ruining my lone routine.
On the days off I'm half back to my worst, usually binging on sugar and beating myself up; I've lost all my interests.
Also after those few years i feel dumber than ever and i fail at learning really bad. I want to change a lot but in reality everything turns to shit thanks to me doing nothing.
Other ppl usually consider me a bit weird, intelligent, calm and silent guy. Thanks to that I'm left alone most of the time.
I don't know what else could i say.
>>
>>36261893

Welcome back. The stage is yours!
>>
>>36261956
Unfortunately, I have prepared no performance.
>>
>>36261900

Given your results and description, I think it would be urgent to see a professional.

Do you feel lonely without people?
>>
>>36261976

Your mere presence is performance enough. Do you like fractals?
>>
File: stickmanpersona5.png (1MB, 1749x1366px) Image search: [Google]
stickmanpersona5.png
1MB, 1749x1366px
Yo Nick it's some guy from a couple threads back that you said likely had BPD and I said that saying I didn't really know who I was sounded faggoty and teenage girly.
You likely don't remember me but fuck it, just thought I'd let you know that things are going really well with this girl I'm with at the moment even if my parents have gone full shit mode
>>
File: 15072402.jpg (101KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
15072402.jpg
101KB, 600x630px
Started to Take Welbutrin for my depression
and some other thing i cant remember for the anxiety.

Still can't get ADD meds so i can finally not fail out of school.

w-were gonna make it lads....
>>
>>36262008
shit forgot name and all that jazz
>>
>>36262008

I remember the comment about being a teenage girl, yes.

I'm glad things are going well with the girl!

Sorry about your parents, however. Focus on what you want and need and go for it.
>>
>>36262055

I don't believe in ADD and your depression/anxiety is probably just a symptom.

What happened to you?
>>
File: tumblr_n0xztzWBbb1rgen4ro1_1280.jpg (837KB, 960x744px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0xztzWBbb1rgen4ro1_1280.jpg
837KB, 960x744px
>>36261997
I do, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the mathematics behind them. There is something awe-inspiring in staring at the unending intricacies of a fractal zoom (is it awe or disgust? I'm not entirely sure. I've mentioned my unease with infinity before). I especially like the three dimensional Mandelbulbs.
>>
>>36262078
Oh shit I got remembered, so sweet

Thanks my dude, finding it so hard not to gloat everywhere over my first real relationship, she likes the way my personality can change quickly

Thing is I don't know what I want or need. I'm pursuing useless subjects and qualifications for jobs I'm not sure I want let alone get.
>>
>>36262126

Fractals can have partial dimensions, like 2.7. I like your fractal.
>>
am i clutter?
>>
>>36262163
You're not clutter. Please wake up, I miss you.
>>
Nick. Are you a NEET?
>>
>>36262154

That's very BPD, not knowing what to do. I'd suggest trying things and seeing where your interest remains. If you can.
>>
>>36261986
I still live with my parents and they always made appointments for me so im too scared to do it myself. I don't think it would help me anyway, and if it did - living normal would be much more scary than being ill. Also i have a lot of mentally ill ppl in my family's and its history so i don't want to be looked at like them.
I usually do feel but I'm mostly content of it. Meeting new people(i only do it if it's appropriate- like classmates and limit it to exchanging names) or going out make me carve for more but it messes up with me and the feeling of regret wears me down then.
>>
>>36262198

No. I've studied for 8 years at university level, getting some masters, then I've been unemployed for about a year, in which I worked for a month, but as "unemployed", and then I found a job and I've worked there for the past 7 years.

I had a lifestyle that was very close to being a NEET, however.
>>
>>36262210
I try but my interest is passionate but extremely fleeting and usually based around what media I recently consume

After seeing Whiplash I tried to take up piano again and instantly dropped it after 2 days of practice
I try art but I have no concept of form or perspective, it's 100% garbage
I enjoy writing poetry and scripts but it's all angsty garbage and the movie industry is so difficult to get into
>>
>>36262233
>so im too scared to do it myself.

The day you try and do it, you'll feel better.

What kind of mental illness runs in your family?
>>
>>36262160
Thanks for mentioning that. 'm reading about non-integer Hausdorff dimensions right now. I don't comprehend mathematics well, especially with my perpetual doubting and questioning of axioms. The mathematics surrounding infinity troubles me.
>>
>>36261409
Ey up, chuck

>>36261976
Welcome back, meta.
>>
>>36262282

Read scripts from movies you like, that'll count as training, and it's fun.
>>
>>36262369
Thanks, Facet. How are you doing? I feel strange, myself.
>>
>>36262242
Whoa. You studied for 8 years and you are only getting masters. What in? Why not get a doctorate?
>>
>>36262321
>non-integer Hausdorff dimensions

I won't pretend I know what that is.
>>
So I spoke to her and she basically said that she understands, and that I get another chance, but if anything like it happens again, I'm gone, which is fair enough
>>
>>36262412
I'm doing alright thanks. Just got a slightly withering jolt from my banking app. A reminder about something from several years ago. Apparently it remembers a transfer I made several years ago, and it's saved the contact. It's never shown up before. Would have rather not had that come up to sour my mood. But there we are. Something must have been updated with the app because it never has before. It could set off my paranoia if I'm not careful.
>>
>>36262318
From autism and paranoias to major depressions, schizophrenia ending with suicides or spending their lives piting themselves.
Those not affected by them are very successful and actually winning their lives, it was expected of me too (welp, i failed without any pressure), but now I don't think anyone has any hope in me.
>>
>>36262282
this is what i was trying to say the other day but i think came out like gibberish.

>>36262187
i miss you too, i feel a world away. i wanna wake up but i don't know how. which is the real?
>>
>>36262414

English, French, social sciences. I had two major breakdowns in 2004 and 2005, and I was in between two systems, which caused some of my work to be cancelled. More generally, since I had no idea what I wanted to do, and felt unable to do anything "out there", I was not in a hurry to finish. I had no friends, no realistic dreams, no social circle, no hobbies. Life was suffering the whole time and I never learned what normal humans learn by that time. I was resilient enough to continue and tolerate the intolerable, except on those two occasions where I broke down mentally, in a very Borderline way.
>>
>>36262506
I won't pretend I didn't stumble onto it by looking into partial dimensionality. I wish I had the perseverance to actually learn something. I can't maintain interest for long enough to progress at... well, anything.
>>
>>36262512

It's not very fair. Either way, get a job where you're happy.

But also seek therapy, because you both deserve and need it.
>>
>>36262382
Mm just not sure that's even what I wanna do with my life
I have no job, no good qualifications for an academic high paying job
I wanna see the world and have stories to tell like my father and at the same time I wanna have money and friends
I have neither (except gf and friends)
>>
>>36262524
Can you describe your paranoia? When under its spell, is it constant or does it come and go in waves over a period of time? How long will it usually last?
>>
>>36262559

Maybe you take learning in chunks that are too big. Open a wiki page on something, and read a paragraph every now and then, while doing something else.
>>
>>36262586

Sometimes you take a simple job and climb the ladder there, and God knows where you'll go. I know people who started in a call center and ended up managing entire areas for that same company.
>>
>>36262580
Why don't you think that's fair? Due to my problems I'm ruining my work, and she can't keep giving me free passes, if she has to let me go in order to keep the place going I understand completely.

As for therapy, I'm going to start looking into that later today
>>
>>36262611
Even that is not within my ability.
>>
>>36262610
It can vary but generally it comes on like that I assume is a panic attack: heart starts beating faster, I get twitches/ spasms (which is an added complication related to epilepsy) and I begin to catastrophise. Escalating things in my mind that start out sensible but soon become fantastical. For example, I was convinced that people were surveilling my from a van parked a short distance away and if my brother ever opened the curtains I'd get angry with him. This was because of something to do with the council. Letters again.

In this case, it's that the name of an ex came up as a previous bank transfer. So now I'm running off on one about how she'll see my details, and possibly steal from me somehow or else find some means to track me down or goodness knows what. It's always to do with things escalating in my mind.

Still worried about a different van that occasionally parks outside, incidentally. We long since moved, totally different van.
>>
>>36262643

Give me an example of how your problems ruin your work.

>As for therapy, I'm going to start looking into that later today

Excellent. I have no doubt you'll make huge progress in therapy. You're the sort that does what is needed. I was talking about this with my own therapist, and she said that some people come, for 2 weeks or 2 months, and then they give up and they never get any help. People like narcs will typically start therapy for other reasons (usually depression), but as soon as they realise the problem may be them, they flee.

You won't have that problem. I see good things for you in the future.
>>
>>36262752
I experience similar worries when it comes to technology and people's proximity to my home. I haven't opened the door when someone knocks in a very long time...
>>
>>36262814
My gf is the same way. It can be quite annoying but it must be downright inconvenient, assuming you don't have anyone to handle it for you.
>>
>>36262662
What helps some people a lot is some order in learning. If you just decide to pick something up, sometimes you just end up jumping randomly from topic to topic.

What helps me personally is some order in my learning, have you tried using coursera or anything similar? Something that gives you assignments etc and "supervises" you in way? Maybe this won't apply to you, but getting into a habit of learning makes it much easier to actually stick with things.

I'm like you in many ways, I can do something with extreme intensity for a short amount of time but then I just burn out, leave it be and do something else. That's for example why I started using duolingo/memrise for learning languages, it keeps you on a schedule.
>>
>>36262662

What's a topic you'd want to learn about?

>>36262752

Sounds like PTSD. Also, I believe now that I lived in some state of paranoia shortly after understanding what my parents were and discussing it with my brothers. I literally went to my bank to discuss whether anyone else could have access to my account, if anything was weird about it, etc. I even told the bankster that I suspect foul play from my parents, they didn't flinch.

Don't forget my question about your novel, about whether you looked for an agent and such. You said you were disappointed, what happened?
>>
I posted yesterday, but here it goes:

I always feel anxious in public. My palms get sweaty constantly, along with the rest of my body, my face gets warm and red, my heart starts beating much faster, and I feel like I'm the center of attention even when I know I'm not most of the time.
Also, I have prolonged periods of intense anger and intense sadness, with very little happiness (i.e. I experienced happiness for the first time in over a year this week when talking to a girl, lasted a few minutes and when she wouldn't reply I'd feel angry and sad).

And I have strong fantasies of murder and rape, I feel that I've come close before.
>>
File: qq.png (36KB, 594x463px) Image search: [Google]
qq.png
36KB, 594x463px
i guess at least i'm not a narcissist
>>
>>36262752
>>36262814
My walks are often punctuated by frantic head-turning when I encounter another pedestrian or witness a familiar looking car drive by. Perhaps these count as mild persecutory delusions.
>>
>>36262862

Have you done the test?
>>
>>36262878

Who do you expect to recognise?
>>
>>36262556
Ya you sound like the type of guy to be providing psychological advice.
>>
>>36262899
I've done it before l, but I hate it because I feel like I'm not good at describing myself
>>
>>36262802
My problems ruin my work because when I start panicking, I'm too stressed to do things correctly. I'm get very twitchy, and start dropping things, or leavings things for too long because I'm distracted. On top of that I have my coworkers picking on me and making things worse, and yesterday, it got bad enough that i basically refused to work. I think the problem is me
>>
>>36262914
Familiar, as in, appearing as one that had previously passed me on the road. I'm not very concerned about individuals I know, though I prefer they not see me.
>>
File: disease.png (47KB, 470x360px) Image search: [Google]
disease.png
47KB, 470x360px
Is anyone really normal though?
>>
>>36259571
I've been told that my dreams tell me that I have a proble with general hesitation. what did they mean by this?
>>
>>36262858
What did they say at the bank? It might be useful to me.

As for my book, it represented a lot of work. I still have a hard copy. If I could face it, with redrafts it could be much improved and of a satisfactory quality. However, I haven't really been able to write in about three years. I went from a BA, where I finished at the top, straight into an MA focusing on novel-writing. That was the direction that I intended for my career to take. At the end of the degree I turned it in, satisfied that my work would have paid off. Instead the critique was damning. The biggest thing was, I think the ending needed a total rework.
>>
>>36262927

That's interesting. Just choose the answer that is most like what you think, even if it's not perfect.
>>
>>36262935

It's severe enough, but it's not your fault.

This happened to you years ago, the trauma, has it been this bad since then?
>>
>>36263003
I'll get back to you Dr. Nick
>>
>>36262991

You are, this is the sanest score I've seen so far!
>>
>>36262878
I think I can relate: if I go out and see teenagers
at night I often think
>So this is really how I'm going to die? I'm going to get stabbed or beaten to death here?
Totally over the top, I know.
>>
>>36262993

Tell me your dreams and we'll see.
>>
>>36263030
I've always been slightly paranoid and cautious, but since then, it's definitely been a lot worse
>>
>>36263001
>What did they say at the bank? It might be useful to me.

The woman who helped me didn't bat an eye and just explained that I was safe, nobody could interfere with my account.

>writing studies

This blows my mind every time. We have no such options here. I don't know why.

What was your novel about? Title?
>>
>>36263041
No, that's exactly how I think. I don't even believe it's unreasonable. Humans are horrifying. We're right to be cautious.
>>
>>36263040
Boi I've got Bipolar depression, anxiety, and asperger's. I'm far from normal
>>
>>36263053
>be 20
>be living in the city
>about 4:00 pm going sunset
>free climb up a residential building up to the 50th floor to prove to mom that birds nest in the little gardens in the balconies.
>my back becomes too heavy and I'm too scared to climb back down
>let go freefalling with back towards the ground
>open magic parachute
>see from a distance 3 other people parachute away from a different building
>about to land and see 3 cops patrolling nearby
>moments after landing 1 cop comes and arrests me
>quickly swat the glock away and put my hand on his face and knock him down
>steal nearest car and happens to be a black 4 door Mercedes
>drive.jpg
>during a crossing where one road leads deeper into the city other to a rural area
>went to rural area despite being unknown
>lose cops
>feelsgoodman.jpg

summarized part 2
>Road heads up a hill and becomes a dirt road with farms on the right side

>Can't find a wide enough space until I came upon a big red barn that is a bit run down with a tractor on the side

>Get a u turn and proceed down the hill

>Somehow along the way, I pick a girl up near my age that had a voice of izma

>Couldn't find my way back and feel like I'm going back in circles

>drive off road through tall grass then eventually hit a clearing to a large, gothic-era mansion

>leave car and explore with qt3.14

>explore courtyard and find tunnels

>encounter hollow ones

>Fight them but they keep coming

>eventually get tired and collapse alongside qt

>they don't bother us anymore

>Feel dead inside and want to give up

>close my eyes

wake up
>>
>>36263041

I realised I frequently have thoughts like this too. I had assumed it was normal, but upon informing my therapist, realised it wasn't.

>>36263071

Any idea what made it worse?
>>
>>36263133

I'm always surprised to see Asperger's come up with the rest. It's a completely different thing. That said, the sanest doesn't mean normal.

I believe most people have something. Official stats have something like 40% of the population or so.
>>
>>36263137
I meant that ever since the assault, it's been a lot worse I think
>>
File: ruhroh.png (64KB, 484x369px) Image search: [Google]
ruhroh.png
64KB, 484x369px
Things that make you go hmm
methinks I may be a tad fucked
>>
>>36263214
shit always forget the name stuff
>>
>>36263134

Do you happen to play video games with similar elements?
>>
>>36263205

OK, I understand. That was several years ago, have you seen a progression for the worse in those years?
>>
>>36263214
>>36263234

Yep, there's a lot to work on here.
>>
>>36263078
It was entitled 'A Culture of Responsible Adults'. There were a few different perspectives. An alcoholic psychotic living in a squat and dependent on bennies. A germophobic autist who worked for the DWP (people responsible for benefits assessment) and a working class odd jobs guy loosely based on Kaiji. It became supernatural as it went on. Horror, I suppose you'd call it.
>>
File: 20170414_104306.png (272KB, 1389x1214px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_104306.png
272KB, 1389x1214px
>>36263003
Hi Dr. Nick, i took it

Am I normal?
>>
>>36263296
My friends have said that they think I'm getting worse as time goes on, and I think they're partially right
>>
>>36263314
I for one would read it.
>>
>>36263268
I think it's from arma 3 and dark souls 2 but I haven't played in a long time
>>
>>36263301
>implying I know how to improve myself and am not stuck in a cycle of nothingness
>>
>>36263314

Nice title and interesting characters.

>>36263339
>Am I normal?

If you mean, mentally healthy, no. But few of us are.

What about your parents?
>>
>>36263374
It has a lot of solid ideas and I enjoyed writing it. Diverse perspectives, different appearance on the page - for example, the psychotic it's all over the place and different fonts because of the different voices intruding on him. The OCD guy, every page is identical in terms of lines per paragraphs and paragraphs per page so it's uniform. The normie-ish one is the only one with conventional format.

But yeah, it got silly in parts (because I like some silly things and as I mentioned, Clive Barker was an influence) and the ending really needed a rework. It ended unsatisfactorily in order to establish the premise for one to follow rather than being fully self-contained.
>>
>>36263346

This is evidence that something must be done. Perhaps you are tiring of the condition, and getting more sensitive to it.

Who knows. Glad you're going to see a therapist soon, don't let it get worse.
>>
>>36263398

Is it possible for you to see someone?
>>
>>36263440
Divorced, early on I really hated my dad because he had anger problems and would beat me and my mom, but I forgave him in my early teens.

I love both of my parents very much and forgiven them for anything they have done in the past, but I do feel my mom gives to much money to church
>>
File: Personality Test.png (59KB, 506x375px) Image search: [Google]
Personality Test.png
59KB, 506x375px
>Be me
>Art class
>Around many girls
>Talk in a round of girls
>We all start to laugh because of some shit
>Suddenly Amy the girl that asked me if i want to do something with her on saturday sees me smiling and screams :
>UHHHHH EMIN YOU ARE SO CUTE YOUR SMILE IS SO CUTE
>Every girl in the round looks at me and starts to say
>WOW HE IS REALLY CUTE
>They all take their phones out and make pictures.....
>I start to get nervous
>They start to laugh while making photos
>I don't know what to do and run to restroom and cry quitely there.
>I don't want to go to art class anymore.

What do they want from me?
Why do they do such things....
>>
>>36263547

Has your father been diagnosed with anything?
>>
>>36263444
I like that kind of alternating narrative style. Wish I could get back into writing, not that even really done any, but I enjoy the idea of having written. As someone with nothing to say, creating fiction would at least give me the refuge of reliance on interpretation. Such are wild fantasies, though.
>>
>>36263470
You mean therapy wise? No idea how or where to look
Last guy I saw said I just needed to stop stressing and chill out more often
>>
>>36263586
Not to my knowledge but as long as can remember, he tells me he loves me as much as he can.
>>
Is this bad doc?
>>
>>36263587
Well, they say write what you know, and write about something that matters to you. I was mad about how rough the bennies like is, so I wrote about that. Plus, I wrote about what I like to read i.e. supernatural/ existential horror and cool powers
>>
>>36263586
Not to my knowledge but as long as can remember, he tells me he loves me as much as he can originally
>>
>>36263453
Yeah I hope therapy helps, I've never had any experience with it before.

What annoys me the most about this whole situation with my job is that I wouldn't have stressed so much at work yesterday if I just had my phone with me to call my bf, but I had done what my friends asked and left it home with them. (not saying it's their fault because it's obviously mine) If i just wasn't so forgetful, as well as paranoid, none of this would have happened. What a horrible combination
>>
>>36263583

That's one strange story... Maybe you are really cute.

Your test is pretty good. Check the Dependent thing and let me know if you think it fits.
>>
>>36263595
>Last guy I saw said I just needed to stop stressing and chill out more often

>professionals

If you're American, you can find one using psychologytoday.com.

Otherwise it shouldn't be too hard to find one, but make sure it's someone as part of a team led by a psychiatrist.
>>
>>36263615

You tell me.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/personality-disorders/borderline-personality-disorder.htm
>>
>>36263630
I know nothing and nothing matters.
I contemplate powers to a degree that may be unhealthy, elaborately structured rule systems governing the preternaturally endowed characters of my paracosms.
>>
File: image-today-14042017-ax1102kd.png (38KB, 471x357px) Image search: [Google]
image-today-14042017-ax1102kd.png
38KB, 471x357px
I always knew there was something wrong with me, ever since I was a kid.

Anyway, How did I do, doctor?
>>
>>36263636

He used to beat you, out of anger? What caused the anger?
>>
>>36263650

Sooner or later, problems arise if the source isn't solved, so don't worry.
>>
>>36263701
That depth of contemplation is ideally suited to world building - consider high fantasy (set in a fictional universe) rather than low fantasy (set in ours, as mine was). There's nothing unhealthy about it, you could really turn it to your advantage.
>>
>>36263719
I'm not sure, It was when I was 3-5
>>
I wonder what the average person would score like on this test. It seems everyone here is VERY HIGH on at least one or two categories, whereas most people I think might be moderate in a couple at worst.

Either 1 the test is flawed 2 we're exaggerating responses or 3 everyone here is in fact mentally ill
>>
>>36263754
Personally I think it's 1 and 3. No idea what you'd need to score more than moderate on ASPD (and I actually have that diagnosis, though I don't know if it's accurate).
>>
>>36263710

Tell me your symptoms.
>>
>>36263753
>I'm not sure, It was when I was 3-5

That's very young for beatings. What kind of beatings were they?
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 637x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 637x499px
Bloody hell, is there any hope?
>>
File: Datei_000.jpg (33KB, 328x518px) Image search: [Google]
Datei_000.jpg
33KB, 328x518px
>>36263663
100% they made fun of me.

I have a beard and look really masculine.
I'm 20 years old but have more hair growth than the rest of my peer group in my country.

That pic is actually one of the pics that they made this was seconds before i run out.
They send it to me afterwards.
>>
>>36263792
He would yank me whenever I did some shit and he would hit me with his shoes on my head

Also, I want to fuck my mom, does that mean anything?

I also have trouble with females, can't approach them, can't start convos with them, can't continue convos with them, have a deep hatred for women that look like whores.
>>
File: stats.png (158KB, 626x603px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
158KB, 626x603px
I do think the test is too sensitive and has too few questions per disorder.

That said, I also think most people here have something, quite logically.
>>
>>36263873

I really only see one solution: smack their phones off their hands, see how they like it.

That's quite brutal of them. Are they mentally retarded?
>>
>>36263875
>He would yank me whenever I did some shit and he would hit me with his shoes on my head

A kid that age automatically does some shit. Damn... This isn't normal.

>Also, I want to fuck my mom, does that mean anything?

Certainly, but I don't know what just yet. Describe your mother.
>>
Nick, one question, are you on any medication, or have been in the past? If so please state how it was.

Thanks.
>>
File: Sweating Kira.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Sweating Kira.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>36263892
>Personality Disorders: 3-5 per 100
Are we just all ITT or something?
>>
>>36263925

I've been on antidepressants from 2004 to 2012 with a short break in 2005. I currently believe it was utterly pointless and potentially unwise.

I got side effects but no discernable benefits to my mind. The kind of depression I had was, in my opinion, very Borderline, completely relationship-based, and meds couldn't help.
>>
>>36263314
>>36263444
This sounds good desu.
>>
>>36263946
It would make sense for damaged people to congregate at one spot. Also I think lots of these mental illnesses are underdiagnosed (mainly in men). Like borderline.

Men are obviously much less likely to seek help, not to mention guys like us often don't even have anyone to seek help from. Well, other than from each other.
>>
>>36263957

My gf has BPD and has been on every antidepressant imaginable (prozac, sertaline, citalopram, amytriptaline...) and NONE have worked. I don't know why docs keep prescribing ssris and shit for BPD. It does nothing for moodswings and coming off it makes everything worse than it did.
>>
>>36263924
I've had a thing for milfs since I was in my early teens, but one day someone on the internet sent me a photo of my mom fingering herself and I've wanted to fuck her ever since.
My mom is hot as fuck big ass, nice tits, and a great face. Just thinking about her gets me hard
>>
File: banjojo.png (67KB, 1248x630px) Image search: [Google]
banjojo.png
67KB, 1248x630px
>>36263946
ban jojo now
>>
>>36263985
>My gf has BPD and has been on every antidepressant imaginable (prozac, sertaline, citalopram, amytriptaline...) and NONE have worked.

I'm no psychiatrist but studies show that Borderline is not helped with medication. It's completely useless because it tries to handle the mood instead of the personality, and you can't give meds for personality.

She needs DBT.
>>
>>36263996
>one day someone on the internet sent me a photo of my mom fingering herself and I've wanted to fuck her ever since.

Who sent you that?

How did they get that?

Why did they send you that?
>>
>>36264095
I put in milf as an interest on omegle and I found someone, he sent me random milf pics and one was my mom, he said he found it on the internet

Haven't been able to find the image since then
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 210x293px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 210x293px
>>36264080

I bought her this book which apparently is the source material for DBT training, most therapy courses actually follow it and is very highly regarded... but it read like a simple self-help book and most of the advice was very basic.
>>
>>36264143

Damn, what were the odds? Do you think your mom posts such images? Or your father?

Are you 100% sure it was your mother?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-14_18-39-23.png (43KB, 475x364px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-14_18-39-23.png
43KB, 475x364px
>>36259571
This test is such bullshit, look at all the stuff it spewed out for me, typical, lets assume everything is wrong since the subject is taking the test, so they'll believe anything.
>>
File: 1370542761260.jpg (95KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
1370542761260.jpg
95KB, 500x525px
>>36264046
JoJo is here to stay fag
>>
>>36264300

Do an OCD test. See what happens.
>>
>>36263974
Thanks, if I ever get round to redrafting, I'll be sure to share info about it here.
>>
>>36264263
I am 100 percent sure, I looked like it was taken after my parent's divorce
>>
>>36264300

It is extremely difficult to get a diagnosis for any of these from a real psychiatrist. You really have to be crazy, if you can even function in society they won't label you with a personality disorder.
>>
File: fuykufuy.png (65KB, 543x440px) Image search: [Google]
fuykufuy.png
65KB, 543x440px
>>36259571
eh, not sure
>>
>>36264384
That must depend where you live. They weren't shy in my case.
>>
>>36264341
I can't seem to find it on the site, care to link it?
>>
>>36264510

http://www.ocdaction.org.uk/do-i-have-ocd

Try this one. I'll try to.
>>
Well, no OCD for me.

I remember having some as a child, though.
>>
File: OCD Nick.png (36KB, 694x508px) Image search: [Google]
OCD Nick.png
36KB, 694x508px
>>36264665

Forgot image. The original image.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-14_19-00-41.png (17KB, 560x238px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-14_19-00-41.png
17KB, 560x238px
>>36264559
Well this one seems to be not so full of it.
>>
>>36264559
Wonder how I'll score...
>>
All together, we can probably test tests, so to speak.
>>
>>36264384
I haven't been to a real doc, they are expensive, and also the only mental doc I know of is my friends mother, wouldn't feel right to open up to someone I know. Also she didn't accept another guy we know, maybe she wouldn't even accept me either.
>>
File: 1492014533335.jpg (41KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1492014533335.jpg
41KB, 480x542px
I can't get intimate with anybody and nobody loves me except my mom. The men in my life have ruined me, what they have left in me is this incredibly low self esteem and the reluctance to get intimate with other people. That's why I'm a nuisance to everybody around and I still haven't killed myself because I love my mom. Honestly, I don't think I can ever be a normal person.
I'm a loner, hermit locked up in my bedroom, socially awkward, no friends, no boyfriend/husband, avoiding people and pushing them away, bizzare sexual fetishes, have a million things wrong with my head that I struggle with everyday for years
I'm sure I will never get married and raise my children because I'm too scared that i'll fuck up something, I have made it clear to myself that I will not. I can't guarantee they'll get the love they deserve. It doesn't come naturally to someone like me.
My life in basic terms is me being intimidated by other people. When my mom dies, I'll keep living because thats what she wants. it would hurt to live without her. I wish this life has never happened, then I wouldn't be aware to give any sort of fucks.
If you feel like you have nothing to say, you don't have to reply to me.
>>
>>36264774
add me back on instagram please, I won't leak any of your pictures

Please just trust me
>>
File: tesuto.jpg (114KB, 479x760px) Image search: [Google]
tesuto.jpg
114KB, 479x760px
Nothing surprising to me.
>>
>>36264743
Sure, have at it:
https://ohmy.disney.com/quiz/2014/06/25/quiz-which-disney-princess-are-you/
I got Mulan
>>
Seems pretty good
>>
File: IMG_0455.png (106KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0455.png
106KB, 640x1136px
>>36264894
Oops, don't know how I forgot that
>>
>>36264867
I have a bizarre urge to take this one...
>>
Well, it would be better if it was 0/0. Some of the things in the test were spot on though. I get random disturbing images in my head that I can't control. Like sitting in a meeting with a client and suddenly I imagine puking all over the table for example. It might sound funny, but it's really unnerving. Sometimes the mental images are violent too.
>>
>>36264774
>If you feel like you have nothing to say, you don't have to reply to me.

There's a lot to say. I don't even know where to start.

But don't despaire, it's not all lost, and you aren't the only one with problems like these, even if that's hard to believe, you aren't alone.

And it may not seem that way, but people with similar problems can also be in society and you'd not really suspect them of anything.

Have you ever been to a therapist of any sort?
>>
>>36264774
I know a girl much like you described, tried to get close but she wouldn't let me, a shame really, we could've made it together, but alone we are destined to fail. Although I wouldn't want any kids in a working relationship either, I'm just too fucked up, I don't want to pass that on.
>>
>>36264912
Nothing bizarre about it, we're here to answer the big questions.
>>
>>36264856

Man... I didn't respond to a SINGLE thing positively. This is a good test. Let's add it to our collection.

>>36264867

I'm on it.
>>
>>36264919
Fuck. Forgot to post the picture.

oregano
>>
>>36264929
doomed to fail, not destined, fucking engrishu skillz starting to wear off in the night
>>
>>36264867
Snow White. Seems fair
>>
>>36264854
too bad for you i don't use instacracks or any other social apps. judging by you've said youre probably mistaking me for somebody else
>>
>>36264919
>Sometimes the mental images are violent too.

I sometimes imagine using a metal baseball bat to cave in people's skulls. Is this normal? I usually do it about people that hurt me, so that I reach a point, in my fantasy, where I feel sorry for them, which reduces my anger. Sort of.
>>
>>36264972
Don't lie to me ciara, I fucking know it's you, please

I want to be friends with you, you're very nice talking to you makes me happy
>>
>>36264939
Ah, the site is too slow for me. Some questions are not meant to be answered by mere mortals.
>>
>>36264975
Well this is one of the things that I don't consider to be bad, but obviously it would be better if you didn't have to do it. It would be better if you didn't have to release your anger in this way.

Also about the images that I'm having, I can't control them. I'm talking to someone calmly, everything is fine and suddenly the mental image of beating the person with the nearest blunt object pops into my head. I have no control over it.
>>
Seems the Disney quiz trolled me. I did it and no results showed up. Trying again.
>>
I got 9/20 9/20 on the OCD quiz. Can't say I agree but there we are.
>>
>>36265064

It doesn't work. I'll never know what princess I am.

Unless you do it for me:

>curling with a book
>a horse
>kindness
>a forest
>long, really long
>a writer
>classic
>in a small town
>hit the gym
>blue
>>
>>36265117
>Can't say I agree but there we are.

With that score, it probably told you you didn't have OCD. What do you disagree with?
>>
>>36265141
Weird, I tried to do it for you and got nothing as well, I think you've found an impossible combination
>>
File: test.png (91KB, 646x509px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
91KB, 646x509px
>>36265064
i guess the test checks out.
yesterday a friend came back from a trip and his gf forgot to leave the keys to his apartment so he asked if he could spend some time in my house. we had a few beers then his gf came for him and he invited me to his apartment. we were talking and playing drinking games til 6am. i was very interested in the conversations and i was seemingly having a good time but at the same time i couldnt stop myself from thinking about suicide. i feel like ive lost the ability to enjoy things
>>
File: Big Five.png (10KB, 567x137px) Image search: [Google]
Big Five.png
10KB, 567x137px
https://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/
Give this one a whirl. Not about mental illness, but general personality. Considered to be more reliable than the MTBI by some.
>>36265167
Just higher than expected
>>
File: mfw.jpg (700KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
700KB, 1920x1080px
>>36265192

Thank you, Ethan.

>mfw I fail the goddam Disney princess quiz...
>>
>>36265234
Based on your answers, I'd diagnose you as Belle
>>
>>36265209
>>36264867
>>36264559
I love these kind of things, they make me feel like I'm learning things about me that I didn't know myself. Do you have anymore?

As you can probably tell, I'm extremely bored
>>
>>36265203
>i feel like ive lost the ability to enjoy things

Anhedonia, I think, is the name.

Nice to see you here.

>>36265209

On it.
>>
File: Selection_001.png (258KB, 1076x846px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_001.png
258KB, 1076x846px
interesting. how accurant is these anyways?
>>
>>36265285
They are a lot of fun, aren't they? I'll have a look around online. You do the same, if you've a mind to.
>>
>>36265299
Not very. Too few questions, too simplistic. Extreme scores are likely to be wrong.
>>
File: IMG_0456.png (137KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0456.png
137KB, 640x1136px
This ones quite good, I'd say that's accurate
>>
File: scan.jpg (175KB, 733x950px) Image search: [Google]
scan.jpg
175KB, 733x950px
>>36265288
>Anhedonia, I think, is the name.
is there any way to counteract anhedonia. so far nothing my pdoc has said has helped
>>
File: 2017-04-14 19_40_51-Clipboard.png (7KB, 379x146px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-14 19_40_51-Clipboard.png
7KB, 379x146px
Well, fuck me. This does make me look like an asshole.
>>
File: Nick results.png (17KB, 672x333px) Image search: [Google]
Nick results.png
17KB, 672x333px
On another note, I haven't felt well for a few hours now. No sign of it getting better. Apologies if I suddenly leave.
>>
>>36265380
Is that your art? I love it so much, I've always enjoyed surreal art like yours
>>
>>36265361
taught so, every test I score high on, autism, depression, BPD, schzio, sociopath, psychopath, I think that's why you've got those teen girls that list off disorder's "they have" like their a pokemon collection
>>
>>36265265
>Based on your answers, I'd diagnose you as Belle

I'll be sure to tell my therapist: I'm Belle.

>>36265299

I'd take into consideration the very high results but I'd do other tests that focus solely on one condition.
>>
does anyone have some tips to share on finding a good therapist? I've tried therapy before, several times, but always found it to be a waste of time (and huge waste of money). Basically, I'd go and talk about my problems and what I'm feeling, but instead of working to try and understand where those feeling come from or suggesting steps I can take to alter those thoughts, the therapist would do little more than provide an ear of sympathy and say stuff like "Wow that sure must be tough. Welp, hang in there. That'll be $200". After having that happen multiple times I came to the conclusion that therapy is a giant scam.

After listening to Stefan Molyneux and hear him repeatedly speak to the value and benefits of therapy, I've been wanting to give it another try but feel like I'm just going to get ripped off again. I don't have that much money, I can't afford to spend it frivolously. How can I find a therapist who isn't a scammer?
>>
>>36265380

One thing I find to he helpful is exercising and taking a shower. It does make a difference to the mind. I personally lift, but I guess running can do the trick too.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-14_19-42-03.png (9KB, 423x156px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-14_19-42-03.png
9KB, 423x156px
>>36265209
this one is close for me but falls short on the last two, those aren't applicable to me, so still I'd say mostly full of it just good roll on some RNG
>>
>>36265416
>Well, fuck me. This does make me look like an asshole.

Well then it's a deal: this test is accurate.

You'll forgive me.
>>
>>36265420
thanks. i wouldnt call it art but yes i made it. i also enjoy art directed towards fantasy. Bosch and such
>>
File: transmutador 2.jpg (180KB, 792x850px) Image search: [Google]
transmutador 2.jpg
180KB, 792x850px
>>36265457
too bad, i already swim pretty much everyday and try to shower daily (more for my mom than for me really) when i was psychotic i spent about a month and half without showering

my doc says: take the meds religiously, shower, socialize, exercise, do things you used to enjoy

nothing works
>>
Narcissism comes up often, so here's a test pertaining to that:
http://personality-testing.info/tests/NPI/

Mine was lower than I expected desu
>>
>>36265448
>does anyone have some tips to share on finding a good therapist? I've tried therapy before, several times, but always found it to be a waste of time (and huge waste of money). Basically, I'd go and talk about my problems and what I'm feeling, but instead of working to try and understand where those feeling come from or suggesting steps I can take to alter those thoughts, the therapist would do little more than provide an ear of sympathy and say stuff like "Wow that sure must be tough. Welp, hang in there. That'll be $200". After having that happen multiple times I came to the conclusion that therapy is a giant scam.

Did you make sure to see a therapist who works in a team led by a psychiatrist?

>Stefan Molyneux

Scary.

Let's try to find out what might be your problem, so you can save time before you try therapy.

What are you issues/symptoms?
>>
>>36265435
I have done and score high results on those too, best bet is to see a doctor but fuck that shit, wouldn't want to turn out to be actually mentally ill
>>
>>36265532

Did you try electromagnetic stimulation or something? Was it you who was considering it?
>>
>>36265536

I think this is a good one, from memory.

>>36265551

If you are, you already are.
>>
>>36265429
Maybe you could say a bit about yourself and any perceived symptoms you may have.
>>
Let's get a name

>>36264929
...I know why she wouldn't, probably because either she doesn't know how to get intimate with you, she doesn't want to let you down. Intimacy is very scary if you ask me.
Another probability is that she's the type of person that does not put her trust in anyone else...

>>36264927
>Have you ever been to a therapist of any sort?
Once and it was psychiatrist, sat down for a bit, they learned that I have been freaking out about paranoia and it was not letting me sleep. I made a mistake and told the psychiatrist that I had attempted suicide, years ago and I'm NO longer depressed. They sent me to the hospital and on a 24 hour supervision that I hated every moment of. Thy psychiatrist was saying things about "theres more chance of future suicide if the patient had attempted suicide before" and they diagnosed me with OCD. I have never visited again because it's embarassing, makes a scene, and none of my problems were solved and furthermore my mom got notified about this and it made me feel even worse that she knew. at least I got medicine but I don't think that will solve anything.
>>
>>36265580
not on paper I'm not.
fake it till you make it.
>>
>>36265562
im considering it yeah. im waiting for the hospital to get the gubernamental funds to start their research program tho. that way it would be completely free for me. ive heard it works for around 60 percent of those with treatment resistant depression so i really have my hopes up

by the way nick thanks for being a sympathetic ear and i apologize if my english is insufficient. not my main language
>>
>>36265542
>Did you make sure to see a therapist who works in a team led by a psychiatrist?

No, I just picked someone from my insurance company's list. I don't have any clue what to look for.

>What are you issues/symptoms?

I'm not even sure where to begin. I suppose my biggest issue is a long-running drug problem. But the reason I use drugs is primarily a coping/escapism mechanism. I don't have any friends or anyone in my life really, not even family. Getting high makes the hours of solitude go by faster and feel less unbearable. However it comes with a huge cost because I physically feel like garbage all the time now, and it's made me even more socially withdrawn than I was before, so the issue is self-perpetuating.
>>
File: golem2.jpg (171KB, 719x950px) Image search: [Google]
golem2.jpg
171KB, 719x950px
>>36265629
forgot my extra original picture
>>
File: 0Ikmjb0F.jpg (70KB, 661x739px) Image search: [Google]
0Ikmjb0F.jpg
70KB, 661x739px
I feel worthless, horrible social skills, don't enjoy talking to people except my few somewhat close friends, think about killing myself a lot

Scored high on NHS autism test, above clinical threshold

I'll post my depression test results after this
>>
>>36265598
I think she doesn't even realize I'm beta AF, because in the interactions we had I might have seemed like any other guy, yet here I sit 23 kv and take random tests on 4chan on a friday night
>>
File: aFHTOoNR.jpg (51KB, 657x502px) Image search: [Google]
aFHTOoNR.jpg
51KB, 657x502px
>>36265671
This is how I scored on the test linked on the page of the 4degreez test
>>
File: narc nick.png (45KB, 765x533px) Image search: [Google]
narc nick.png
45KB, 765x533px
>>36265536

4 out of 40.
>>
>>36265581
I couldn't say, I'm normal in my mind I've learnt to live with the paranoia and delusions, the brain fog sucks at times but a shower helps clear that a little, lot's of depression though, sometimes I can wake up and I'll be less depressed then other days I wake up with pretty bad job. I am quite prone to anger though aswell there's lots of things that can trigger that. Apart from that there's nothing much else wrong bar a constant tug of war between wanting to be feminine and wanting to be masculine, some days I wake up, work out, then other days I wake up and regret working out because my body is less feminine.
>>
File: IMG_0457.png (149KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.png
149KB, 640x1136px
>>36265536
Huh, I wonder which question got me the 1 mark
>>
>>36265598

That's a tough experience. How come you saw this person?
>>
>>36265612

A denial, a denial, a denial.

>>36265629

Your English is fine and you are very welcome. Go with that program, I'm sure it'll do some good.
>>
File: metanarc.jpg (62KB, 457x363px) Image search: [Google]
metanarc.jpg
62KB, 457x363px
>>36265536
Don't think this one is very good. The binary questions force you to distort the score one way or the other.
>>
File: Narcissism bonus box.png (10KB, 371x177px) Image search: [Google]
Narcissism bonus box.png
10KB, 371x177px
At least I'm not vain. Good to see them addressing me properly within the quiz
>>
>>36265654

Why are you socially isolated?
>>
>>36265774
Agreed. More nuance would improve it.
>>
File: terrified.png (176KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
terrified.png
176KB, 640x480px
>>36265691
>yet here I sit 23 kv and take random tests on 4chan on a friday night

Could be worse, you could have opened a thread like this one 31 days in a row...
>>
>>36265776
Wow, i didn't know narcissism was made up of so many different things, I always thought it was basically a synonym for vanity, but obviously not, looking at your results
>>
>>36265779
hard to say. I never learned how to make friends, I guess. When I was younger, ie in my teens & early 20s, I had a circle of friends, but that happens naturally because at that age you're surrounded with similar-aged people so it's easier to meet people you click with. But as I got older I lost touch with those people and never managed to make any new friends. I also have very low self-esteem. "Who'd want to be friends with me?" is something I say to myself a lot. So I don't even make an attempt, feeling it's a futile endeavor from the outset.
>>
File: horrified.jpg (8KB, 200x259px) Image search: [Google]
horrified.jpg
8KB, 200x259px
>>36265774

31 out of 40...

Very high narcissism, if I may say, which is somewhat odd.
>>
>>36265815
It is nice to find that there's a little more to something than originally thought. It's true of a lot of conditions: for example, too many people reduce depression to being sad.
>>
>>36265815

Narcissism is a psychological category which is about a whole lot of things that aren't obvious in the name.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/communication-success/201602/10-signs-narcissistic-parent
>>
>>36265870
Why is it so odd?
>>
>>36265839

I hear you out loud.

I want to be your friend.
>>
>>36265900

I didn't think of as you very narcissistic.
>>
>>36265699
I should add, I want to be male, because of faith, I just can't fight the degenerate side, it is quite strong.
>>
>>36265418
>n another note, I haven't felt well for a few hours now. No sign of it getting better. Apologies if I suddenly leave.

This isn't improving. If I had to stand, I fear I might faint.

Pretty sure this is a BPD thing.

Or maybe I'm reaching the end of my tether.
>>
>>36265958

What's your biological sex?
>>
>>36265691
Might as well be... and might as well be that she's okay with it. What makes you kv at this age though? have you decided to be that yourself or...?

>>36265749
pediatrician couldn't do anything about me being paranoid and told me to go to a shrink. Psychologists take months. Psychiatrists on the other hand can meet with them quickly. and I wanted to sleep.
>>
>>36265933
I confess I did intentionally score that high just to see how you would react and as a critique of the test, but I imagine I'm more narcissistic than you might expect, which I've been reluctantly to talk about because it would irrevocably change your opinion of me for the worse. Especially when you said you saw me as "gentle." That is something neither I nor (I would expect) anyone who's had to deal with me would say. If I'm to be honest, it has to come out sometime...
>>
>>36265993
I was born male, and I want to die male, but a part of me doesn't like that.
>>
>>36266020
*reluctant
>>
>>36265995
>pediatrician couldn't do anything about me being paranoid and told me to go to a shrink. Psychologists take months. Psychiatrists on the other hand can meet with them quickly. and I wanted to sleep.

Try a psychologist who belongs to a team led by a psychiatrist. You probably saw a doc that deals with people in the fastest way possible.
>>
Got schizoaffective disorder. Anyone else relate? Never met anyone anywhere who had this disorder.
>>
>>36265958
This is going to sound very wishy-washy, but to an extent people are all made up of parts. There's nothing wrong with being a bodybuilder but making time for an occasional spa day. Remember that even if you don't buy into the 'social construct' stuff, it doesn't mean that if a girl touches meccano she's automatically a lesbian. Wanting to express your feminine side does not make you a gigantic faggot; it's healthier not to repress. Allow yourself to explore all elements of yourself and come to terms with them. You don't need to compromise yourself morally to do that. Don't listen to /pol/.
>>
Three weeks of Lexapro and still nothing.

>>36266053
The psychiatrist thinks I have schizoaffective disorder as well. It's because I had a psychosis and they put me on the schizophrenia spectrum.
>>
>>36265976
If you need to leave, that's fine. In the meantime, is there anything that grounds you? For example, water or a cup of tea?
>>
>>36266020
>I confess I did intentionally score that high just to see how you would react and as a critique of the test,

Damn... I never would have imagined that. That's interesting.

> but I imagine I'm more narcissistic than you might expect, which I've been reluctantly to talk about because it would irrevocably change your opinion of me for the worse.

No, I actually thought it made sense in some degree, but not the sort of narcs my parents are, definitely. You aren't quick to trust or to open up, very self-relient, so I could see that. My opinion of you is still good. My only offline friend has "fleas" from a narc father, we both recognise the symptoms but my opinion hasn't diminished.

I still think you're a gentle person.
>>
>>36265925
thanks, I appreciate the sentiment.

anyway, any advice on finding a therapist who can actually help me with my issues and isn't going to just nod agreeingly and give a pat on the back? Or perhaps a different approach would be better? I'm not sure how much longer I can take living like this. I can't imagine living decades more spending my days getting high alone while awaiting death. I want to break free, but it doesn't seem possible.
>>
>>36266039

We should discuss that.

Guys, I'm going out to buy some food to survive Easter, not that I so badly want to but I like having options.

See you later.
>>
>>36266066
Yeah. The more I thought about it, the more I felt like I probably did fit into the diagnosis. Shit makes living so much harder than it needs to be. Got fired from my last job probably because of it.
>>
>>36266086
>You aren't quick to trust or to open up, very self-relient
Is that "aren't" modifying "very self-reliant?" Are you saying that I'm not?
>>
>>36266166
I always thought I had some degree of schizophrenia as well, likely made worse by shitposting on 4chan all the time. Then I had the psychosis and it pretty much confirmed it
>>
>>36266055
It's not really touching my feminine side that I don't want to deal with, it's becoming a female that I'm trying to repress, I'm draw towards getting HRT and all that shit, at one stage I was thinking have an ice bath and cut off my manhood. I don't have a problem with being a little bit feminine sometimes but I don't want to be a full blown female, atleast a part of me doesn't.
>>
>>36259571
>make good and close internet friend
>need a few days to myself and dont answer messages very often
>go on self-hatred (and eventually drug) binge
>come back after i get my shit sorted
>friend replaced me
>still talk to me
>get irrationally pissy with them
>block them
>less than 5 minutes later realize i fucked up and just shut out the closest thing i had to a friend over petty jealousy
>uncontrollable_sadness.mp4

Fuck me, right lads?
Tell me, pseudo-doc,
how fucked in the head am i desu?
>>
>>36266184
Describe your psychosis.

For me, it basically manifested as paranoia. I'm always afraid people are talking about me.
>>
>>36266184
Shitposting doesn't seem to enhance my schizophenia, am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>36266199
It's not a decision that you can take lightly. You need to thoroughly examine why part of you feels that way, and how your life might improve if you went through with it. You also need to consider the negative repercussions. I would also advise you to question whether this website may have influenced you in this.

I was once close to making a similar decision - though the circumstances were rather different. Nevertheless, I am relieved that I didn't make such an irreversible choice.
>>
>>36266237
ME too, I had become extremely paranoid. It felt like the police would arrest me any time soon. I actually attempted suicide because of that. Even when I ended up at the hospital, I felt like I was part of some experiment.
>>
>>36266258
Well the thing is, if I went through with it, I'd only still want to be male, as I said it's a tug of war between the two sides, I wouldn't be surprised if it was this website that might have really awoken that side, but Ithink what influenced it more was how naturally feminine I am anyways, it teases me.
>>
>want to ask for help
>know no one can

well.

cant take it much longer bros
>>
>>36266276
I'm afraid my psychosis isn't quite that severe.

That must really get in the way of things in your life. Glad you didn't succeed in your suicide attempt.
>>
>>36266366
We made our decision because the bitter reality is, you could never be truly female. How alluring that would be; but no. You would be a temporarily feminised, castrated male. What's more you would age like milk. Then, when you could no longer get off efficiently, can't procreate and clearly no longer pass, you start to understand the 50 per cent suicide rate. Transitioning is essentially always a huge mistake.
>>
Has anyone here been able to link their problems to drug or alcohol use?

Like heavy weed smokers getting paranoia or something.
>>
>>36266403
Yeah I couldn't get much sleep for almost a week, which made the paranoia even worse. I had to withdraw from uni this term because of it.what was your psychosis like?
>>
>>36265995
well I had a problem so I held back, then I got fixed, but now I'm just 7 years late to the party in every way, even if I'd get lucky, what would the girl think, I have no idea how to use my bodyparts... but that isn't something that'd be of risk to me since I'm so socially awkward, that no girl would ever choose to be with me.
>>
>>36266410
My problems are absolutely exacerbated by alcohol. That doesn't make it easier to stop though.
>>
>>36266430

Do you binge heavily for short periods or are you a functioning alcoholic?
>>
>>36266409
Yes exactly, if I went through with it I could never have kids, which I would want, I wouldn't be able to have a relationship with a straight woman which is what I'm into, I'm not sexually attracted to men so that option isn't open, and a lesbian wouldn't be ideal because they would likely prefer a real women, oh well, I'm going to continue doing as I do anyways, I'm not going to be another statistic.
>>
>>36266410
my drug use is a symptom of my other psychological problems, not the cause, I think.
>>
>>36266539
I tend to go all out one or twice a week. Last time I had about 70cl of vodka. Unfortunately it's the only way I can relax; only, lately that's been denied me as well since it brings on some of my more dramatic symptoms. Tomorrow, I'm going to do a little experiment.

>>36266545
If you ever need support over this please visit these threads. Though no one can truly know what another is going through, I have some idea. Even if you only want to vent.
>>
>>36266622

I'm very similar to you, both with regards to problems and drinking habit.

I also usually drink 75cl (the big bottle) of Vodka.

How do you behave on it? Do you drink alone?
>>
>>36266622
I only posted here expecting to be called a fag and shit, hoping that would somehow help me repress that shit, instead thanks to you I've had more healthier help than that, I'll probably drop in have a look around might say some shit and fuck off again, or you might never see me again, I'll just become another lurker again..
>>
>>36266426
>Yeah I couldn't get much sleep for almost a week, which made the paranoia even worse. I had to withdraw from uni this term because of it.what was your psychosis like?
Idk. I kinda just assume that everyone's always talking shit about me behind my back.
>>
>>36266663
For the sake of brevity:
>I much prefer drinking alone
>I isolate myself and try to implement damage control measures
>Symptoms can include increases in paranoia, psychotic symptoms, extreme emotions and behavioural changes that, at times, are dangerous

>>36266680
Whatever works for you. We're a colourful but mostly welcoming bunch. If you ever need advice or support - general or specific - I don't doubt that there'll be someone around who'll be able to relate. Even if you just decide to lurk, it tends to be fairly entertaining.
>>
hm
at least im less dependent than i assumed
>>
File: Untitled.png (308KB, 1176x834px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
308KB, 1176x834px
>>36266868
fuck me
strangely not original
>>
>>36266046
Yeah. Might as well try look for that next time. Thanks.

>>36266428
Thats sad... I don't know what to tell you, but I feel the same. I would be surprised if somebody expressed that they liked me.
>>
>>36266741
I had that symptom as well, actually.
>>
>>36266071

I'm back. It didn't go well but not too bad either.
>>
>>36266099

Try one, if you dislike it, try another, etc. Also consider group therapy.
>>
>>36266179

You are very self-relient, I meant.
>>
>>36267015
It's just the conclusion that I always end up jumping to. I can't help it. I always feel like people are talking about me. I know I shouldn't even feel that way but I go out and see people look at me, and I always end up feeling like they don't like me very much.

I think it ends up being a self-fulfilling prophecy type of thing because they do sometimes end up talking about me though.
>>
>>36266226

Sounds like BPD but still, your friend shouldn't have replaced you, friendships aren't limited to one slot.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/personality-disorders/borderline-personality-disorder.htm
>>
>>36267074
hmm I'm not sure I have the cash to go around and sample dozens of therapists.

I did try group therapy once, at the suggestion of the therapist I was seeing at the time. I went to one session and was asked not to come back. I wasn't ever told why (didn't ask either). That was the last time I considered that idea.
>>
>>36267074
To add to this, some try a group and leave it in favour of another. The group has to be right just as much as the therapist.
>>
Can't we just have group therapy here?

Nick can lead and we all take part.
>>
>>36266389

Speak out, don't keep it in.
>>
File: apprehension.jpg (36KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
apprehension.jpg
36KB, 650x366px
>>36266622
>Tomorrow, I'm going to do a little experiment.

I'll be there.
>>
>>36266921
>I would be surprised if somebody expressed that they liked me.

I like you.

I know how you feel, though. It's easier to make sense of when it's others. I know I'm not worthless as a person but that's my default setting when it comes to my imagined appreciation from others.
>>
>>36267127
>I went to one session and was asked not to come back.

The fuck? This is insane. They didn't even tell you why???

>>36267191

That's a great idea. The group therapy part. The part where I lead, I don't know.
>>
>>36267262
It's a non-evil experiment. It might sound silly to you, but it matters to me. I just need to prove that I have enough... centrality? To keep the wheel, drunk or not. Whether it's by force of will or by compromise. It's partly a test of what you've been saying. I should be able to keep myself intact, if it's so. I don't like feeling as though I don't have control, though I know that that isn't historically how things have always played out. If I put my mind to it, I should be able to do it. It's only comparatively recently that I've had no respite.
>>
>>36267393
no, I was told that I "wasn't a good fit for the group" and that was it. I figured it's because I'm unpleasant to be around, so it's probably best if I just stay away
>>
>>36259571
This test is bullshit.

Is this actually accurate in any way?
Should i seek help or something.

Disorder | Rating

ParanoidPersonality | Moderate
SchizoidPersonality | High
SchizotypalPersonality | Moderate
AntisocialPersonality | Moderate
BorderlinePersonality | Moderate
HistrionicPersonality | Moderate
NarcissisticPersonality | Moderate
AvoidantPersonality | Very High
DependentPersonality | Moderate
Obsessive-CompulsivePersonality |
>>
>>36267397

Will you be online for that experiment?

Also, can you define how you feel when you start shifting?

I've been feeling weird for hours now. My outing resulted in me tearing up the whole way, fearing that I might puke any moment, and faint as well.
>>
>>36267393

I'm not that guy but I've heard of people being asked not to come back. Search a psych forum it happens all the time actually. Sometimes they get insulted which is ridiculous, if you're a shrink and your patient says something offensive you should help them.
>>
>>36267397
Do any other psychoactives produce a split for you?
>>
>>36267425

For all you know, you looked like someone's rapist in the group and it's not your fault. Still, they should have told you, but I doubt most groups are this shitty. Don't give up. Better rejected from a group like this than accepted, don't you think?
>>
>>36267432

Look up avoidant personality disorder and see how many of the symptoms apply to you.

If it's a problem, then yes.
>>
>>36267432

I'd do individual tests for AvPD and SPD, but don't worry too much.
>>
Hey, since you suggested "behavioural therapy" to get rid of my paranoid habits, such as leaving my possessions at home, do you think it would be a good idea to try and go out for walks at night to try and get used to the fact that I'm being over the top about nothing? All I want is to be rid of this fear forever
>>
>>36267459
*shift
Do you use any others?
>>
>>36267456
>Sometimes they get insulted which is ridiculous

Goddam...

>>36267497
>do you think it would be a good idea to try and go out for walks at night

I wouldn't do it myself even though I don't have paranoia like this.

I think your therapist will best guide you in how to solve your PTSD and fear.
>>
>>36267440
Feel better, Nick.
>>
>>36267471
sure, that makes sense. Still, I have a tendency to take a single bad experience and extrapolate. Now I can't imagine that things could ever go any differently, and I don't want to have to endure that kind of feeling of rejection again. I don't think i'm in a state where I could try something like group therapy. there's no way I could go into it without the mindset of everyone's against me.
>>
File: results.png (34KB, 489x374px) Image search: [Google]
results.png
34KB, 489x374px
late to the party but oh well. here are my results.

I applaud you Nick for being caring, kudos to you.
>>
>>36267459
Weed: No (also I hate weed)
MDMA/ spice: Female iirc
I can imagine that coke= wolf but never tried it

Still, in controlled circumstances I'd be interested to get a fuller picture on that. However, I have neither the connections nor people around me that I'd want to try it with.

>>36267440
Tell me more about the outing. This sounds like a pretty extreme adverse reaction.

Yes, I can be online. At the least I will be ITT and emails. I can feel a shift in my cognition and changes in my perceptions. At that point it will be a question of grounding myself in some way. Not sure just how though.
>>
>>36267544

I don't know how.

>>36267552

People who handle stress best do this:

- when something good happens, they assume it's their doing and it's repeatable and under control
- when something bad happens, they assume it's an accident, it's not theit fault, and it's unlikely to happen again

Stressed out folks like us will do the opposite:

- bad happens: assume it's our fault, it'll happen again, nothing we can do about it

- good happens: we got lucky, we can't repeat it, we shouldn't expect more where that came from
>>
>>36267605
Me, of course.

>>36267508
In my younger years I tried a few different ones, the highlights of which were MDMA and LSD
>>
>>36267575

Thank you.

Interesting results. You should do the narc test provided above. Somewhere.
>>
Yeah Nick should make a Patreon or something we need to pay him so he can keep doing this.

People get money for dumb shit online while thing kind of thing is pro bono.
>>
>>36267605
>Tell me more about the outing. This sounds like a pretty extreme adverse reaction.

I took a path that she and I took very often over the years. It's a nice evening, sunset, cool weather, not too cold, not warm either, and I walk alone where we used to walk together. Every damn step is torture. My eyes were we the whole way, my throat tightened, I got nauseous but didn't throw up. I didn't faint. I held myself together all the way to the store and pretended well once inside, but it started again when I left. The whole world is empty to me now, and I am more alone than I have ever been. I feel lost in space, far away from everyone's reach.

I still feel very faint. I ate a lot today so that's not a physical thing.
>>
Also late to the party, just thought I'd pop in to say that streak of feeling good ended last night with me manic-ing out in public.
>>
File: 111.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>36267625
I did do a narc test, got a 31/40.

sh-should I talk about my problem/past now Nick? sorry i suck at expressing myself.
>>
>>36267692

That's an idea. Not charging makes me feel like I am allowed to be wrong and not always manage to be helpful. I've wondered about it before but if I asked for money, it'd make me nervous. For now, it'll remain an idea, but I appreciate your concern.

You can always pay me in Pepe's, though. Pepe's and images from the Silence of the Lambs.
>>
>>36267619
I remember, I meant currently or habitually.
>>
>>36267700
>Also late to the party,

Not at all. The night is young and the party never ends.

Do share your story.
>>
>>36267735
>sh-should I talk about my problem/past now Nick?

Yes. You're expressing yourself fine.

Was any of your parents a narc?
>>
>>36267700
It's not over yet - you just got double dubs!

>>36267694
An extremely difficult thing to do. I suppose you did it on purpose in order to test yourself and push through it? Give yourself space and time to recover, and remember that this was a hard-fought victory: you completed your mission.

>>36267753
Certainly not, if only because of a lack of access. If I could do away with alcohol in favour of one of the very many less damaging but less legal drugs I would do so without a doubt.
>>
>>36267605
I would be curious to see how you respond to other sedative drugs.
>>
>>36267487
>>36267495

Yea, the symptoms sound like me, and I took one of those tests and I got a "91.7%" does this mean I should find a doctor or some shit
>>
>>36267785
Hook me up and I'll let you know. But yes, it would be interesting to see what would happen.
>>
>>36267770
>I suppose you did it on purpose in order to test yourself and push through it?

No, I hadn't even thought of it that way. I sometimes take that path for other things, and it hadn't caused me any trouble, but tonight I was going to that gas station we very often went to because everything else is closed past 6 here. We used to talk long walks and we'd conclude them by buying some overpriced food in that station. Just thinking about it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.

>you completed your mission.

I got overpriced kinder buenos, 3 of them, and I'm almost done eating the last one.
>>
File: mentaldisordertest.png (59KB, 554x449px) Image search: [Google]
mentaldisordertest.png
59KB, 554x449px
pretty shitty test, although I am pretty fucked up
>>
>>36267802

I'd recommend to, yes, especially if you aren't satisfied with your life. But even if you are; nothing to lose to learn about yourself.
>>
>>36267861

What issues do you have? What are your problems?
>>
>>36267770
I would be very much interested to witness the results of your experiment. If you recall my email address from the cytube room and are comfortable furthering communications, feel free to shoot me a message.
>>
>>36267757
Been feeling good past week after feeling shit for past month or so finally yeasterday convinced a few friends to go out to a bar. Ended up just being a dick all night getting drunk and talking about hating myself too much. Became 'That guy' . Also asked a guy to punch me.

Now I'm back to feeling like shit and can remember everything broad strokes but couldnt really tell you exactly what I said to who. (Not because of alcohol my memorie is just weird)
>>
>>36267739

How about I share a fun fact about Silence of the Lambs.

>"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
>Great line from Silence of the Lambs everyone knows. But most people don't realise Dr Hannibal Lecter is making a medical joke.
>Lecter could be treated with drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors - MAOIs. As a psychiatrist, Lecter knows this.
>The three things you can't eat with MAOIs? Liver, beans, wine.
>Lecter is a) cracking a joke for his own amusement, and b) saying he's not taking his meds.
>>
>>36267893
If you mean the one tomorrow, I'll be around. Might consider cytubing again. The contents will likely be chatting like normal but then what's going on for me internally as the process goes on: different thoughts and feelings intruding, how I try to stay centred and so on. I will probably try to focus on something that I know the others aren't into. It's difficult to think of a memory or something of interest that doesn't provoke something in one of them, but I suppose the trick will be picking anchors that are opposed to whatever thoughts are coming in.
>>
>>36267605
Curious why you hate weed. What effects does it have on you?
>>
>>36267764
>Was any of your parents a narc?
No. I developed a narc personality alone.

and thank you. I'll make sure to type it now.
>>
File: Selection_002.png (90KB, 856x754px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_002.png
90KB, 856x754px
pretty high score
>>
>>36267931

Moments like these you need a good friend who knows you to take you somewhere else and talk to you with care and concern.

I can do that like I can breathe, but the tragedy is I don't have friends. I'm a can opener in a desert, where there are no cans and no people.

Your memory functions less when you're having these episodes?
>>
>>36267764
(1/2)
my childhood was honestly pretty normal with little to no problems , my parents were extremely kind to me and they really loved me and appreciated me. But I always had a problem of being an obnoxious person at a young age.
when i went to elementary school I had a friend of mine whom her and i were friends for a pretty long time (approx 6 years) , in 4th grade a new girl game in and my friend kinda started slowly getting apart from me. when this girl did something wrong i told the teacher about what she did, from that mistake, the girl knew that i talked her to the teacher, she pretty much targeted me with her dumb little squad and she used to beat me a couple of times a week during school, teachers barely did anything about it. Regardless this isnt a big thorn in my heart, i left this issue long ago behind my back and moved on.

but when i first got my own phone in 7th grade, i really got into this whole internet stuff and made a whole ton of internet friends and pretty much isolated myself in my teenage years, barely having any interaction irl (which is something i really regret). I ended up befriending someone who had chronic depression and it worsened everyday , he used to lash out a lot at me and yell at me for doing simple mistakes (im kind of a slow person) and it wasnt very fun heating him wanting to kill himself and lashing out towards me, it wasnt a fun friendship, when i decided to cut ties with him after 1 and a half year he spent a long time stalking me on the internet and harassing me.

then a year or so later i ended up falling in love and dated a friend of mine , it was a nice relationship but after 2 years i end up catching him cheating on me, it was pretty heart breaking, then i had another friend of mine absolutely destroy my trust by lying to me shitton of times and staying by the side of my ex.
>>
>>36267966

Not that guy but out of all the drugs I've tried I've reacted well to all of them, except fucking weed, it just makes me feel faint and pass out.

People keep telling me my weed is shit or laced, but no, I've tried it about 40 times with friends, always the same.
>>
>>36267941
>Lecter could be treated with drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors - MAOIs.
Treated for what?

>>36267966
I don't like the smell, at 29 I've never gotten the hang of smoking, it makes me extremely antsy and paranoid. Maybe if I was around the right people, I don't know. It just doesn't feel as though it has enough punch. So then I go too fast and throw up anyway.
>>
File: Hello, Clarice..jpg (165KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hello, Clarice..jpg
165KB, 1600x1200px
>>36267941
>"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

Time to finally google what fava beans are...

I think I read this online at some point, but I believe they're mistaken.

Lecter isn't treated or even in a hospital; there's no suggestion of him being medicated. Besides, he's talking about the days when he wasn't imprisoned, and a census taker came to his house. So no, he's not saying anything about not taking his meds, and it's probably not even a joke.

I think the whole thing is some smartass online trying to sound smarter than others.

Sorry to be a spoilsport.
>>
>>36267941
>monoamine oxidase inhibitors

I've also checked this. It's basically the ancestor of antidepressants, and Lecter isn't depressed.

Also, the list of food you "couldn't" eat with them is this:

include meats that are potentially spoiled or pickled, aged, smoked, fermented, or marinated (some fish, poultry, and beef); most pork (except cured ham). Other foods containing considerable amounts of tyramine are chocolate; alcoholic beverages; and fermented foods, such as most cheeses (except ricotta, cottage, cream and Neufchatel cheeses), sour cream, yogurt, shrimp paste, soy sauce, soybean condiments, teriyaki sauce, tempeh, miso soup, sauerkraut, kimchi, broad (fava) beans, green bean pods, Italian flat (Romano) beans, snow peas, edamame, avocados, bananas, pineapple, eggplants, figs, red plums, raspberries, peanuts, Brazil nuts, coconuts, processed meat, yeast, an array of cacti and the holiday plant mistletoe.

So any smartass could have made that joke work with countless other things.
>>
>>36267976
>No. I developed a narc personality alone.

I doubt that, but what are your symptoms?
>>
>>36267764
(2/2)

it's been 8 months since the break up and many things have really changed about myself ever since, i used to be a very shy person who was always willing to help others and is very open and happy and all that stuff.

I ended up being extremely secluded, calm, and "cold" , my personality changed a lot, i couldnt relate to people anymore, my classmate's mother died when i went to her funeral everyone was crying except for me, i didnt feel bad nor could relate to her, i end up lashing out a lot at my mother sometimes because of dumb shit we argue about, i cant blame her, i know she loves me.

but i really cared about growing and becoming a stronger person, in the past 8 months i started caring for myself more and appreciating my own existence, i grew a narc personality because of that, i dont honestly shove it in everyone's face though, i just know that i am better than many people i know, that's all.
my social skills are improving as well, I ended up developing a charisma that captures people and i started doing my best to go out.

but there is always this feeling , that something bad is going to happen, that everything will collapse in front of me, i honestly question my humanity in some moments, i remember the last dream i had about my abuser was me killing him (by stabbing him and ripping his guts apart with my hands) and the last thing he told me before he died was "Are you even human anymore?" i do question my humanity a lot to be honest. i became extremely critical and I stopped caring about others and only started caring about myself and my own existence, i do care about my friends, i will not deny that. I will not deny what happened to me made me grow to be stronger, but i feel like i threw something away in return to become stronger (a part of my humanity)
>>
>>36267977

Very much so. Would you mind linking that test? I remember doing it, and I think it's a good one.
>>
File: Sasuga Lecter-senpai.gif (998KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuga Lecter-senpai.gif
998KB, 500x270px
Here's a classic for your collection, Nick
>>
>>36267981
That'd be nice but I don't trust anyone enough to tell them anything I'd say here. I feel like I can understand that can opener feeling.

Yeah on both ends up and down plus I tend to remember things happening that didn't happen. Not big things but little things.I get weird dreams too so when my heads already weird it just mixes me up more.

Also thanks for doing this.
>>
>>36268139
https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/borderline.htm
here you go.
>>
>>36268001

This is all heartbreaking, Ishro. : (
>>
>>36268108

Maybe wasn't as clever as I thought but the book definitely is, it's been a few years but I remember it being full of little plays on chemistry.
>>
>>36267352
>I know I'm not worthless as a person but that's my default setting when it comes to my imagined appreciation from others.
I see what you did there.
Fair enough. That was kind of you.
>>
>>36259571
Most of the time I feel nothing or I feel sad. I rarely feel a bit happy and haven't felt actually happy in months.
Is my life just boring, am I just a sad fuck or it is because no one is that happy except when they're in love?
>>
>>36268127
>, i grew a narc personality b

I honestly think it's not a narc personality, you wouldn't be aware of it nor would you be able to admit it to yourself. These tests work under some assumptions only, and one of them is that you can't possibly really superior to others somehow.

However, it does sound like you reinforced yourself by dropping some things, like empathy, though you still have it, you just disabled it voluntarily.

That's how I see it.

Turned yourself into a hard person, but you're still there, under the ice.

You'll need to feel safe before you can remove the armor.
>>
>>36268181

Hello, Kawai Clarice.

Thanks.
>>
>>36268184
>plus I tend to remember things happening that didn't happen.

Examples of this? Meta and I were discussing that very thing recently.

>Also thanks for doing this.

You're worth it.
>>
>>36268210

Thank you, I'll redo it for kicks.

>>36268238

Maybe I should read it. I've only seen the films.
>>
>>36268278
>I see what you did there.

I don't, actually. What did I do?
>>
File: 1395024097272.jpg (25KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
1395024097272.jpg
25KB, 300x232px
>>36268388
that is extremely accurate, yes. I do hide behind countless armors made of hard diamonds so no one can see the real me and try to hurt me in anyway. I do force myself to not feel with people and i disable my emotions most of the time.
>>
>>36268299
>or it is because no one is that happy except when they're in love?

Very BPD thing to think, and I used to think that way.

I think you're suffering from depression, anon.
>>
>>36268464
Nevermind, eugh might be that I am ESL
>>
>>36268489

OK. The good news, you're aware of it, so it's not permanent, and it can change when you feel safer. Real narcs aren't fully aware of the process, because they try to protect a different thing.

You try to protect your feelings, so that you don't get hurt. Narcs are in it for the ego, to avoid the deep shame they have of who they really are, and the very act of hiding that is shameful to them, so they can't admit it. Your case is different even though you may get narcy results in silly tests.

So don't worry, you're not a narcissist, you're a person who developed conscious defenses against emotional harm. It's not about your ego, here, it's about your heart.

There is a way out but it will require trust, love, care, and truth, and even more trust. I'm optimistic for you.
>>
>>36268524

Tell me, I'm curious now! I often make puns and double-entendre that I'm not conscious of.
>>
>>36268583
thank you so much Nick, I really appreciate you giving me your precious time, I'll make sure to grow to become even a better person and strive for improvement despite the past wearing me down.

you really are a good person, I hope you have a good day/night.
>>
>>36268438
I think a lot of it come from "did I think that or say that" or I kinda have what I guess you would call an active imagination so sometimes I'll imagine things then forget if they were real or not. Relating to the dreams though they're really vivid and all really normal like I'm just a person doing normal things or things I actually have done so I could wake up with a memory of doing something weird and I think that that actually happened.

One specific occurense was me and 3 others went camping and to this day I cannot remember the 3rd person there. Like they have talked about being there and told me what we did together I remember all of that and believe them but I still cannot remember them ever being there. That was at a low.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (31KB, 427x648px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
31KB, 427x648px
Here's a book I read during a phase when all I could do was read like a madman.

The Lucifer Principle is basically about how evolution is not based on the individual, but the group, arguing that many individual behaviours don't make sense for the individual, but do for the group, called "superorganism".

Processes like depression and suicide serve the superorganism in that, when an individual dies, that makes more food for the rest. The argument is that these mechanisms in us literally have, as a purpose, to kill us.

When we are isolated from the superorganism, as in social isolation, when we don't work for it and don't participate, we start feeling depressed, suicidal, etc, and the argument is that this is "on purpose" from evolution. Whoever stays from the group will feel like eliminating himself, for the benefit of the group.

A good book mixing history and biology.
>>
>>36268489
I feel this so acutely. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>36268622

You're very welcome.

You will come to realise that your defenses are not as necessary as they feel, and leaving them will make you feel lighter and stronger too. You will be fine.

: )
>>
>>36268510
Damn. I'm reading a bit about BPD now. You said you used to think like that, well, what do you think now?
I've considered that, but depression is always pictured as something really terrible, and I think I just usually don't feel much or feel sad and that's it. I do feel empty tho.
>>
Did you catch the email I dropped you about a quarter of an hour ago Nick? I know you're busy but if you have a moment.
>>
>>36268698
you're welcome , and thank you for sharing yours Andy, i truly wish you to grow and become a stronger, better person, because I believe you have the potential to do so.
>>
>>36268735
>You said you used to think like that, well, what do you think now?

I think I'm fucked up.

>depression is always pictured as something really terrible, and I think I just usually don't feel much or feel sad and that's it. I do feel empty tho.

It varies. Depression isn't sadness, depression is when you don't feel much and aren't motivated.

I used to think I had simple depression in my past, but now I'm thinking it had to be something else, the symptoms were insane.
>>
If there any way I can share a .pdf with the group? I have a book called 'Sometimes I Act Crazy - Living with Borderline Personality Disorder'
>>
>>36268748

Yes. My e-mail is constantly open. I check and write whenever I have a moment. Don't worry. I got slow and forgot, this time.
>>
>>36268596
nothing punny, but I thought you were referring to something in particular about my reply.
good night to everyone~
>>
>>36268811
Night welp, see you soon
>>
>>36268801
Post mega link
>>
>>36268801

Google Docs would be easiest.
>>
>>36268811

I wasn't. I was literal.

Hope to see you again soon. : )
>>
>>36268843
>>36268859

Pic related.

If someone can give me some clue as to how to do this, I'll be about it
>>
>>36268801
I found the pdf.
>>
>>36268788
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, anon.
I don't feel much and I'm not motivated, but still, I think it's always portrayed as being really terrible, and I don't think I'm thaat fucked up either.
Anyways, I wish you the best, anon.
>>
>>36268902
Ah fair dos then, I suppose you've saved me the effort. If you could post a link for others?
>>
File: BPD Nick.png (43KB, 791x520px) Image search: [Google]
BPD Nick.png
43KB, 791x520px
Some answers I wasn't too sure about because it depends. Still, high numbers.

>get text from person that matters to me
>text is about something that confirms separation
>instantly feel dizzy
>lasts hours and hours
>still ongoing
>is that the BPD?
>>
>>36268901
I can post the link for you, but I don't know if it's against the rules.
>>
File: the door of miracles has opened.jpg (148KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
the door of miracles has opened.jpg
148KB, 1366x768px
>>36268936
Is that a gamble you're willing to risk?
>>
>>36268921

Depression can vary a lot; in its most extreme forms, people become vegetables and can't move, virtually.

It is really terrible, but when you're in it, as you are, it doesn't always seem so bad, because you're fighting.

You realise how hard depression is when you get out of it and experience happiness.

It's like having run a thousand miles with lead shoes, keeping up with everyone and their running shoes. When you remove your lead shoes, and share everyone's condition, your mind is blown and you cry because you realise life is meant to be so much easier.

Unfortunately for me, the lead shoes are back on and I'm tired of running.
>>
>>36268901

https://www.google.com/intl/en/drive/

After logging in, drag and drop the PDF into the web page.

Click share and get a public link

Post link here
>>
I'm just an anon who is DEFINITELY NOT metapsych. That guy is an asshole. I beat him to the punch. http://bookzz.org/dl/696456/747806
>>
I'm taking Lexapro for 3 weeks and I still feel like shit. What should I do
>>
>>36268988

I kekked. And I kekked in the most original way possible: I kekked through my nose.
>>
>>36269038

Wait 5 more weeks. It'll take at least 8 weeks total.

What do you take it for? Depression, anxiety, sure, but give me more details.
>>
>>36269066
It was to help my mood, that's what it's for
>>
File: Kaiji last thread of hope.jpg (74KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiji last thread of hope.jpg
74KB, 1024x576px
>>36268988
Burned!
Burned!!
BURNED!!!

In this do-or-die race to post a link, metapsych has been burned! It is as though he is surfing on a surfboard made of balsa wood, at the battle of Chibi!
>>
>>36268988
>>36269102
I have been well and truly humbled.
>>
File: unknown.png (576KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
576KB, 1920x1080px
What does this mean?

Originalololieiala
>>
>>36269097

I know that; what I meant what are the concrete reasons for your depression.
>>
>>36269200
It means you're not antisocial, of course.
>>
>>36269102

The thick lines in your image reminded me of Attack on Titan, which my loved one and I used to watch together.

It was right here, where I sit, and yet it feels like another world. Every day is getting worse.
>>
>>36269201
Well I have schizophrenia, the psychiatrist prescribed an antidepressant after I said my mood is low. Therapist who's working with the psychiatrist said I could have schizoaffective disorder.
>>
>>36269200

It means there might be some issues you want to share with us.
>>
>>36269222
Right but what does all the other shit mean, it looks really fucking bad too me? I's it not?
>>
>>36269222

Trips for truth, kek be praised.

>>36269244

Are you also taking medication for your schizophrenia?

Any obvious reason why your mood is low? Did something happen, did you get worn out by a certain kind of life?
>>
>>36269247
What do people even talk about on here? Just like past problems they think messed them up mentally? I'm OP of that pic btw.
>>
>>36269294
>What do people even talk about on here?

Any issues they may have.

> Just like past problems they think messed them up mentally?

People aren't always aware of the connections between the two. That's why I often ask about parents.

>I'm OP of that pic btw.

What pic?
>>
File: epitome of human trash.jpg (20KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
epitome of human trash.jpg
20KB, 238x250px
>>36269232
Well tomorrow if you're up for some cytube I invite you and anyone else to watch a little Kaiji with me. It's among my favourite shows, plus he's mai husbando
>>
>>36269344
>What pic?
The one you we're replying too.

And I dunno dude i'm pretty messed up I don't think you'll be able to fix it so whats the point? Is it just emotional support for the dweebs in this thread?
>>
I don't think this is an accurate result but whatever.. My problems are that I often start feeling really bad for no reason really and feel like shit, sometimes even suicidal... I hurt myself somewhat unconsciously by scratching myself really hard in times of stress, it gets so bad I scar myself at times.... I want to do something about it to improve it or fix it but I don't know what to do.... I dont remember feeling happy and I have a memory problem I think...
>>
>>36269378

I'll be up for it most likely.

>>36269411
>The one you we're replying too.

Oh, of course. I had assumed as much.

>And I dunno dude i'm pretty messed up I don't think you'll be able to fix it so whats the point? Is it just emotional support for the dweebs in this thread?

I don't start by assuming I'll fix you, but I am convinced we can make some progress if we just start. It's more than emotion support. I sometimes manage to help people figure out what the problem actually is. There's a lot of work that comes after that, but once it's on, it's on.

Speak of your problems in your own words.
>>
>>36268978
Damn, thanks for the info, man.
And I'm truly sorry, I really hope you start doing better soon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-14-23-56-06.png (429KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-14-23-56-06.png
429KB, 1080x1920px
>>36269434
I forgot uploading the image
>>
>>36269434
>for no reason really

The "really" suggests, to me, that there is a reason but that you find it lacking in substance. I would like to know what those reasons are, no matter how silly you may think they are. The sillier the better.
>>
>>36269498

You are welcome.

I expect to get much worse over the next few weeks.

>>36269512

Serious stuff is at hand.
>>
File: Not good.jpg (83KB, 532x420px) Image search: [Google]
Not good.jpg
83KB, 532x420px
I don't really know where to begin here. I often feel stressed at uni because I feel people are uncomfortably close to me due to the seating arrangments, and my performance suffers when I have bouts of anxiousness to the point where I forget information and steps. I often feel people are judging, and I am often paranoid if they are talking beind my back. I am unable to keep great conversation with other people as I have trouble relating to them, there are just certain people who infuriate me for no reason for just being around them. I have had suicidal thoughts in the past, but have never acted on them. I often suffer from existential thoughts of the meaningless of our lives here, and make me wonder if I should really work this hard towards my physics major as it won't really matter in the end.
>>
>>36269484
How do you know what problems you have if you have so many?
>>
File: Eh.jpg (104KB, 938x515px) Image search: [Google]
Eh.jpg
104KB, 938x515px
>>36269647
Oh and I also took this recently which had me a little concerned.
>>
>>36269647

Right off the bat, I would say that you have suffered some trauma involving a person attacking you. Have you ever been assaulted in any way?
>>
>>36269573
Shit, I'm sorry about that. Do you want to share why?
>>
>>36269659

You tell me what is wrong in your life as you experience it. Many problems have the same source, we'll worry about that later.
>>
>>36269672

I'd very much a link to this one.

Yes, I am concerned for you as well, but you're in the right place.
>>
>>36269694
>Shit, I'm sorry about that. Do you want to share why?

I'm on holidays. Thus, I don't get to see other humans for a long time, and this never has good results on me. There's too much stuff collapsing in my life at the moment. I haven't had a break since July. Soon a whole year of shit.
>>
>>36269689
I haven't been assaulted before, but I mainly had problems in the past when I was younger where I was very sensitive emotionally, but people always looked down upon me telling me to man up and would often insult and shun me, keep in mind it happened when I was very young; now I'm mostly devoid of emotion in fear I might overeact and regress back then.
>>
>>36269752
Here's the link https://www.depression-anxiety-stress-test.org/
>>
>>36269776
I'm truly sorry, anon :(
>>
>>36269701
I dunno man I drink and smoke weed in excess, I'm fine in most social situations but I tend to not like new people. I cut myself, also if there is any small sign of something from my past coming back to me my anxiety goes haywire.
>>
I ended up leaving the residential facility I was at. Truthfully, I never wanted to be there. I was pressured into it by the psychiatry team from the hospital and my family. Still, I filled out the paperwork and turned in my phone. I only lasted two days. They couldn't legally keep me there, unlike the psych hospital. My family refused to come get me because they thought it would be best if I stayed in 24/7 treatment. I begged my dad to pick me up. I've never begged him for anything in my life. I bawled on the phone while the therapist tried to convince me to stay. In the end my dad said, "No." and hung up the phone. I called my brother next thinking he'd have my back. He's a depressed robot too. I thought for sure he'd hear the genuine distress in my voice and agree to come get me. He wanted to, but knew that it wouldn't be in my best interest. His voice trembled, "I almost lost you. You are the only person in this world I care about. If you had died a part of me would have died too. I love you, so I'm not picking you up." and then he hung up on me. In that moment the feeling of helplessness was overwhelming. My heart pounded in my ears and my mouth dried up and I felt this empty, almost cold, sensation in my chest. And then I felt shame. Shame for not reaching out to anyone before the suicide attempt. Shame for not even leaving behind a letter. Shame for putting my family through all of this. I sat there and wailed. When I calmed down I realized I could just uber home. So I did. My dad begrudgingly opened the door but he didn't say a word to me. My brother gave me a hug. My mom stayed in the den, smoking. This morning before my dad went to work he said, "There are going to be consequences for you leaving the facility. Don't think you're going to be staying home every day sleeping and playing video games. You better figure out what you're going to do because I'm not going to let you live the rest of your life like this."

1/2
>>
>>36269805
>when I was younger where I was very sensitive emotionally, but people always looked down upon me telling me to man up and would often insult and shun me

Rather than being "very sensitive", you were most likely "very attacked", and you were called "sensitive" because it was easier for your attackers to put the blame on you than to admit they were attacking you.

Regardless of the exact details, this was abuse and it was not your fault and you weren't "too sensitive" and you didn't need to "man up". You've been dealing with cunts. As a result, you've disconnected from your emotions to protect yourself. This worked for a while, but the emotions still exist underneath the ice.

Now you feel them coming back and you're scared you're going back to where you were before.

Rather, the way you were used to analyse your environment is back, and this is why you're suspicious of humans around you, because you never know when something may happen, even if it never does.

Your brain adapted to that and now you can't turn it off easily.

You will need to get back in touch with yourself, let yourself feel what you really feel, and gradually calm yourself, teach yourself that you're OK now, that it's safe to come out.
>>
>>36269847

You self-medicate with drugs, you don't easily trust hoomans, you self-harm for similar reasons as you self-medicate, and your past is most likely abusive and traumatic.
>>
>>36269530
I mean.. It really is nothing! It's never one thing, there's never a thing in common and sometimes I can just wake up feeling like shit..
>>36269573
It's not serious tho.... I think...
>>
>>36259571
>Have other people
>>36269840
>over the past week
always the same issue with these tests. what if you have little to no social life and/or don't do much?
>>
>>36269894

Fucking hell... this is some heavy narrative.

Your father speaks like he's from hell. What the shit? I'm absolutely furious. FURIOUS.
>>
At least getting those results literally made me laugh out loud. I didn't laugh for long.
>>
>>36269923
I don't really think it was that serious as it rarely ever got physical, it just came from so many people I thought were close to me, and affected my ability to trust others.
>>
>>36270038

Tell me what kind of nothing, then.

It is serious.
>>
>>36270049

I know, right?

Social life doesn't matter much for that test though.
>>
>>36269947
Right that's easy, so how do I deal with that shit man?
>>
>>36270109
>I don't really think it was that serious as it rarely ever got physical,

Bust that myth. Physical is never where it's most serious. Words are where it's at. I've suffered from psychological abuse, emotional, abuse, physical abuse, and I can guarantee I would sooner be physically brutalised than verbally abused. I'd sooner be slapped in the face than hear some mean shit. And notice, even the slap in the face, what would hurt the most is the psychological part of it, not even the physical pain alone.

>it just came from so many people I thought were close to me, and affected my ability to trust others.

This is much worse than you realise. If you can't trust people close to you, as a human, you will experience intense distress, to the point of trauma. It will indeed impair your ability to feel safe around others, and you NEED that, like we all do.

Countless disorders come from broken trust. Forced self-reliance is no happiness.
>>
>>36270167

First, you have to understand that your odd behaviour is basically the result of developing weapons when you were younger, against the hostile environment you were in. You've kept these things into adulthood, where they no longer work. It'll be about reprogramming your brain, to some degree.

Understand how it came to be will help changing. You must feel like a volcano inside, and chances are you still react to things from your past somehow.
>>
>>36270249
Ah yes happiness, I always felt that was a luxury only enjoyed by the ingnorant and the rich from my understanding as I couldn't really call myself happy in even best situations such as say my birthday or Christmas.
>>
>>36270341
>from my understanding as I couldn't really call myself happy in even best situations such as say my birthday or Christmas.

When your experience of reality differs from what you're told it should be, you'll feel a special kind of distress. You'll even feel guilty for not feeling "right", as if it was your fault.

It's like being the victim of a crime, and feeling guilty that some people now have to take care of you.

Trust your feelings. What you felt was reality, the rest was just concepts around it.
>>
C'mon guys, let's not kill the thread before reaching 500.
>>
May as well ride it into the abyss.

Speaking of which, does anyone else struggle to sleep unless they accept that they may not wake up every night? I have to get to a point where I'm exhausted enough that I just don't care if I'm attacked. It's an existential kind of feel.
>>
>>36270396
Well thanks for your advice man, I haven't thought about it from that perspective before, wish you luck on life wherever it brings us I guess.
>>
>>36270705

I don't expect to be attacked at night, so no, I don't have that. My fear is to wake up in the morning.

That shit happens every time.
>>
>>36270733

I'm glad I could give you a different perspective, that's often what therapy is about. I hope to see you again some other time, see how things develop.
>>
>>36269894
2/2 sorry it took so long

I made a list of things I need to do to get better. There's a lot of stuff on it. Mostly immediate things like making a shit ton of appointments. There's also some ancillary more long term goals like losing weight, getting my drivers license, finding a hobby, getting a part time job, going back to school, moving out of my parents house, etc. Treatment wise I think I'll probably end up going to partial hospitalization which is intensive therapy from 8am until 6pm mon-fri. I'm also thinking about joining some sort of group or class for some added structure. I dunno. If it looks like I'm keeping busy and putting effort into treatment my family might feel a little better. We never sat down and discussed what happened. I know that I have to address it but I can't stand to look any of them in the eye and explain why I tried to kill myself.

>>36270059
He's not a bad guy. He just wants to do what's best for me. Admittedly, I haven't been making the best decisions for a while now. He doesn't want me to slip back into sleeping all day and never leaving the house. I think he feels powerless to help which is why he wanted me to stay at the facility so badly. I do regret leaving but I wouldn't go back if I was given the opportunity. I think staying at the residential place would've been very beneficial to me but I just couldn't handle it. When things get tough I give up.
>>
>>36270779

Anon, I don't care how well-intentioned your father supposedly is, and he may very well be, I let you be the judge.

The ONLY acceptable reaction in this situation, and your father may not be able to do it for various reasons, is to take you in his arms and never let you go.

That's what I would do to my son if he came back from a facility after attempted suicide. I would hug the shit out of you and I'd be by your suicide every second of the day. Any other reaction is madness.

You can get mad at people, yes, but not for attempting suicide. What the fuck, would he be less mad if you had succeeded? No, so what gives?

As a father, I would feel blessed that you didn't fucking die, instead of pouting like a cunt and threatening you. What the shit. I too would want to die if my father was like this. (Note to self: father might be worse than this, in fact.)

Anon, this shit isn't as much your fault as you think, so don't beat yourself up.

I feel for you. You'd be better at my place, despite the mess (I can't clean much lately, normally a clean freak, but not lately).
>>
>>36270875
>and I'd be by your suicide every second of the day.

Fuck... I meant: "I'd be by your side"

Goddamn. I'm sorry. I feel pretty suicidal these days, so that slips up.
>>
Is suicidality currently, or has it been in the past, a big issue for those in the thread? Don't feel compelled to answer, since it's a sensitive subject. However, if you would like to share then it may be of use to Dr Toboggan in his own struggles.
>>
>>36270875
Thanks man. I appreciate you taking the time to respond in a thoughtful manner. I don't think my dad is mad at me for attempting suicide. I think the anger is due to the fact that I left a REALLY good program that's known to yield great results without giving it a real chance. He probably interprets it as me not wanting to get better. I get what where you're coming from though. My dad doesn't know how to cope and his behavior when I got home was pretty inappropriate. I don't like it, but I understand it.

>Fuck... I meant: "I'd be by your side"
I actually thought it was a pun. "I'd be by your suiCIDE every day"
lol
>>
>>36271146
>I don't like it, but I understand it.

It shouldn't be up to you to make extra efforts to understand the other, your dad should make that damn effort and understand you.

I type so fast that sometimes I automatically spell a whole different word. That was one unfortunate autospelling from my fingers...
>>
File: goodbye-i-will-always-love-you.png (495KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye-i-will-always-love-you.png
495KB, 600x700px
And here's the 500th post.

Nighty all!
>>
File: I'll be leaving now.jpg (155KB, 959x540px) Image search: [Google]
I'll be leaving now.jpg
155KB, 959x540px
I too was waiting for 500 so that I could fuck off and play Dark Souls before bed. cytube tomorrow, for anyone interested.
>>
hi

oregonseradijervaero
>>
>>36269278
Yes I'm also taking risperidone, an antipsychotic. Yes I had to drop out of university for now
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.