[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw basically have to completely numb myself and never switch

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1490360711802.gif (2MB, 254x196px) Image search: [Google]
1490360711802.gif
2MB, 254x196px
>tfw basically have to completely numb myself and never switch on my brain because as soon as I start thinking about things logically the best option is to kill myself
>>
>>36259266
That's logically the best option for any living creature. You don't have to use logic for everything.
>>
>>36259266
Its literally impossible for a human to live without emotion and be only rational
The world is too complex for that. Emotions fill in the blanks of what we dont quite know, they give us things like hope and fear etc. because there are a lot of things that influence our everyday life that humans cant calculate yet. People who say "im rational/ realistic" are really pessismists most of the time and they know it deep down
>>
>>36259374
Emotions fill the blanks with fake bullshit, though.

OP is full in the right.
>>
>>36259266
False, the best option is to learn programming and do cyberwarfare for pay.
>>
don't do this to the fullest extend op, i went the same way and now i can't think anymore

i wish this was a joke
>>
>>36259442
It really depends of the situation
To make such a generalisation is silly
>>
File: nigga.jpg (68KB, 942x943px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
68KB, 942x943px
>>36259442
well then go off yourself
emotions are the literal things keeping us civilised and alive. there are only 2 logical ways to live your life : kill all other males and mate with the best genetically pre-disposed women, or kill yourself. Both of these are absolutely retarded.
>>
im not afraid of being dead but what scares me is failing and then my family cussing me put and telling me how awful i am for trying. i mean they yelled at my grandma for laying arpund at the old folks home during rehab until she cried because they thought she had just got lazy but now shes in the hospital with sonething called sepsis

how do families typically react is it anger towards the person? my family is the type that is like "yeah youre autistic but theres no need to be diagnosed" and are just like "everyone is a little bipolar" but i think im schizoid or bpd or something. the other day i heard my mom talking to someone and the other woman said in quiet and my mom was just like "yeah he is mousy" and i one time said i thinking had social anxiety when i was in highschool because i get nervous and feel like flipping out easily around people who are bossy and they were just like "thats called being shy when we were kids but now everythibg has got to have a name"

is something like a shotgun in da mouth surfire and are the odds low o surviving it makes me mad to think of them givibg me shit about it if i did do it
>>
>>36259516
>kill all other males and mate with the best genetically pre-disposed women
The desire to mate is not logical at all. It's an emotional want and serves no purpose. Neither does killing yourself or continuing to live. Anything we ever do in our lives has no point. We're stuck in limbo. Also, whatever you consider to be 'civilised' is horseshit aswell.
>>
I'm going go to go out on a limb and assume that you aren't being as logical as you think you are.
>>
>>36259484
You didn't write out your thought process as a series of postulates, did you? If not, you've under-thought it.
I've found that if you actually look at life logically, it's an amazing privilege to participate.
>>
>>36259649
This guy gets it. I'm glad not everyone misuses the concept of logic here.

>I am experiencing negative emotions
>therefore it's logical to kill myself

Sounds like some clear cut definitions to me, Hal.
>>
>>36259722
You've got it completely backwards. Experiencing negative emotions is not the starting point, it's the end point. The correct order is:
>Feel nothing. No interest in anything. No positive or negative emotions, just apathy.
>Try to deduce the meaning of life in a logical way in search of a goal.
>Fail because life is not logical at all.
>Experience negative emotions.
>No escape except trying to numb yourself like OP.
>>
free will doesn't exist

we don't control our thoughts

we have zero control
>>
>>36259826
That entire first line of reasoning is a list of negative emotions. When you say things like "I feel nothing" or "I don't have interest in things", what is your reasoning behind that? What does that even mean?
>>
>>36259266
Did someone give you a phone, Tom? Are you still in the ward?
>>
>>36259442
>>36259491
To make such a generalization is, in fact pretty emotional
>>
>>36259927
Absence of positive emotions != negative emotions
Also the first line is not a 'reasoning' at all, it's an axiom; a starting point from which logical deduction can take place.
>>
>>36259975
>doesn't find the meaning of "meaning" before trying to find the meaning of life
Cheer up, emo kid. Have a donut.
>>
>>36259927
Not OP but I can answer.

As soon as I feel something, others put me down.

Men are not supposed to be happy.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/between-the-lines/201105/study-finds-smiling-men-are-less-attractive-women

We're not supposed to feel anything. We're supposed to be robotic ATMs. Welp here we are. And we're still treated like shit for it because we just don't look socially palatable to your eyes.

As soon as I have interest in things, others who share the same interests somehow reserve their enthusiasm and encouragement for anyone else...BUT me. Again, because my appearance does not fit with the cosmetic aesthetics of a group environment. Group activities and hobbies are only to be enjoyed by Chads and Stacies. No males (defective) allowed.

So what's the point in feeling emotions? What's the point in doing anything?

This is the true opting out of society. I don't even go to movies or get fast food anymore. I just sit here. Do nothing. Feel nothing. Attempting to fill the void in either of these things will only result in being hurt by hitting an invisible glass wall of exclusivity over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

People are shitty, and no amount of manipulative just-world fallacies on your part will convince me that "u stand a chance" and to just "bee urself" and "put urself out there".

I do hope this response is satisfactory
>>
the logical thing to do is just get over yourself and accept the fact that reality doesnt fit your perception of logic and focus on feeling good rather than keep up whatever cold facade and superiority complex youve developed from being above average intelligent
>>
>>36259975
Yes but you go from "feeling nothing" to experiencing negative emotions and this seems contradictory. What's more is you say the universe is not logical, and yet here you are making "logical" conclusions. How can a subset of an illogical system be capable of logic? What I'm saying is your entire "axiom" is based off things you are experiencing due to negative emotions, but you fail to admit that.
>>
File: okufukkenwhore.png (156KB, 726x720px) Image search: [Google]
okufukkenwhore.png
156KB, 726x720px
>>36260047
>>36260050
Because your victim-blaming and lack of empathy forces us to be this way.
>>
>>36260099
I will start being empathetic as soon as you admit that you are being emotional and not logical.
>>
>>36259266
Attaboy
There he is.

Ive been looking for you
>>
>>36259280
>You don't have to use logic for everything.
You just gave yourself away
>>
>>36259586
How old, sunny
>>
>>36260050
>How can a subset of an illogical system be capable of logic?
Every illogical system can house logic, but never enough to explain itself in a logical way. Mathematics is a perfect example of this. A small set of logical proofs which reside in a vast sea of unexplained shit which we don't understand.

>What I'm saying is your entire "axiom" is based off things you are experiencing due to negative emotions
Once again, absence of positive emotions is not the same as negative emotions.

>Yes but you go from "feeling nothing" to experiencing negative emotions and this seems contradictory.
One thing can lead to another thing, how is this a contradiction?
>>
File: 1491994874881-1919338629.jpg (37KB, 638x334px) Image search: [Google]
1491994874881-1919338629.jpg
37KB, 638x334px
>>36259975
>>36260043
>>36260050
>>36260099
Fuck im LATE
I couldnt find the thread!
>>
>>36260257
Yeah I'm walking away from this. You can't recognize your own emotions and instead of finding a way to deal with it, you feign logic. But instead of taking the logical conclusion of killing yourself, you won't because here's the kicker, fear is an emotion.
>>
>>36260185
Gave myself away as what? Logically tell me why one must use logic.
>>
>>36260362
>But instead of taking the logical conclusion of killing yourself, you won't because here's the kicker, fear is an emotion.
I'm not afraid of killing myself, I simply realize that even if I did kill myself it wouldn't change anything.
Like I mentioned before, we live in limbo. Even in death there is no escape from the inconsequential nature of things.
>>
>>36260390
>Logically tell me why one must use logic.
Dam.

Now you got me.
Kek that is the quickest ive been btfo ever.

You motherfucking freak.
I felt like I was playing one hit kill mortal kombat.

Fucking Christ
>>
>>36259586
Shut the fuck up you fucking dumbass
>>
>>36261290
Shut the fuck up you fucking dumbass
Oreg
Oreg
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.