[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so, has anybody here actually went through with this guy's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Ok, so, has anybody here actually went through with this guy's self-help program? Not just watching his youtubes, but his paid work.

Thinking about giving it a try.
>>
technology has truly hindered man
>>
>>36253483
>self-help program
i'm not going to pay for his shit. if you got any youtube videos i can watch that could help me then yeah i'll check em out
>>
>>36253497
>i'm not going to pay for his shit. if you got any youtube videos i can watch that
He puts hours and hours of his own lectures and interviews and talks on YouTube for free and it's generally of high quality.
>>
>>36253483
never pay for this shit. he's no different from any other quack, he's just capitalizing on you cucks' recent obsession with him.
>>
>>36253483
>his paid work
>paid
That's exactly why I haven't, I don't buy shit.
>>
>>36253558
>he's just capitalizing on you cucks' recent obsession with him.
I fail to see what's wrong with this if the product is legit.

Thus the question the thread is asking.

>he's no different from any other quack
oh ok. duly noted. next caller
>>
Literally who the fuck is this guy? Organial
>>
File: SORT_YOURSELF_OUT.png (36KB, 561x634px) Image search: [Google]
SORT_YOURSELF_OUT.png
36KB, 561x634px
you've got another day or so

the "future authoring" part of the program is free

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/851464151708950528
>>
>>36253483
free future authoring program with code pepe, not sure if it's still good
>>
>>36253729
yep

see
>>36253722
>>
>>36253673
Canadian psychology professor who expounds upon all sorts of stuff. Recently became super controversial and got a lot of exposure for refusing to respect transtrender pronouns but that's not what this thread's really about, just giving context. This thread's about the self-help stuff which seems to resonate with people more than most stuff in the genre.
>>
>>36253722
God bless, Peter. I will slay that dragon just 4 u.
>>
>>36253483
I didn't finish it, so to me it was unhelpful.

>Present Authoring
Asks you to identify virtues and flaws about yourself from a list (these are separate courses) then write about specific times these things helped or hindered you in life. These virtues and flaws are part of the Big Five personality model.

It recommends doing the virtue section if you're feeling down, so I did. I couldn't think of any memories where my virtues were helpful and became unsure that I actually possessed any virtues at all, or that I was stupid and picked the wrong ones. Don't know what comes after that, if anything.

>Past Authoring
Asks you to divide your life into seven "epochs" give them each a title and write a thousand words about that period of your life.

>Future Authoring
Asks you to describe your future if you sorted yourself out and became the best version of you. Also asks you to write the opposite. The idea is you're supposed to be motivated to become your ideal self and avoid the bad one.

Overall the whole thing seems like a waste of money. You could do the same thing by just writing a journal about your hopes and dreams, your strengths and weaknesses and what memories in life are the most important to you.
>>
>>36253673
He's some psychology proffessor that got huge because he's strongly against sjws, transgender pronouns, and is generally pro-religion and a few other things that tick /pol/'s boxes.
>>
File: 1480983737502.jpg (157KB, 1000x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1480983737502.jpg
157KB, 1000x1099px
>>36253803
The best part of Peterson is that he is a Jungian. I discovered Jung thanks to Flip Flappers, shortly before discovering Peterson and between the two of them they have changed my life. Art, religion, and how I understand myself and my own mind have been altered for the better. He may have gotten popular because of the free speech issues but what he actually teaches is incredibly interesting.
>>
>>36253934
It's a shame all that stuff gets overshadowed by the "transphobia" and probably racism and sexism and a bunch of other isms the you-know-whos have thrown at him by now.
>>
>>36253963
The most disturbing part is that he genuinely cares about people as individuals. He has zero hate for trans people and wants to see them, and everyone else, develop and become happy and complete person. They misconstrue his concern about speech as an attack and just ignore everything he says, Its shameful.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.