[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which part was the dystopia? It seemed pretty comfy.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: BraveNewWorld_FirstEdition.jpg (54KB, 301x452px) Image search: [Google]
BraveNewWorld_FirstEdition.jpg
54KB, 301x452px
Which part was the dystopia? It seemed pretty comfy.
>>
The lack of free choice is the dystopian bit.
>>
Everyone fitting in by force is seen as dystopian by the "enlightened" masses who would tell you that ultimate freedom is just being and doing whatever you like, whenever you like without external forces coercing your decisions

They would never understand the desire for fitting in present in those who otherwise never will
>>
It's a world full of chads and staceys, enforced by self-hating robot philosophers. It's a fucking nightmare unless you want to be chad.
>>
>>36252446
its preetty comfy
>work job that you've been genetically engineered to do
>content with life because you've been socialized to enjoy life
>get high and go to orgies
doesn't seem that bad
>>
Bernard is literally r9k prove me wrong
>>
>>36252781
>prove me wrong
he was actually mildly popular after bringing in the savage
otherwise sure
>>
>>36252781
>prove me wrong
not a virgin
>>
The dystopia was the lack of individualism or identity. The part that was meant to be frightening was how appealing it was. Huxley's contention was that control by force as depicted in, for example, 1984 might be shocking in a visceral way, but isn't a very likely threat.

People have an innate hatred of authoritarianism and coercion. There is a gut reaction against police states. Brave New World shows that the real threat isn't that the individual is beaten down by the state, it's that the individual is indulged, placated, and pampered by the state until it stops caring and gladly gives itself up.

Brave New World is warning first and foremost against comfiness. Because at the end of the day its a distraction and a narcotic. The state in the novel does seem to be benign and well intentioned. The concern is that if they weren't it wouldn't make any difference to the population.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.