[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fear for the future

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1458550221427.jpg (29KB, 409x377px) Image search: [Google]
1458550221427.jpg
29KB, 409x377px
Kids watching YouTube, Gen Z is growing up with the internet constantly, on their smart phones that their parents let them have.

They are going to grow up to be such freaks.
>>
>>36252256
Internet has been raising kids for decades now. Also at least 1/3rd of gen z is in adulthood already. They don't seem to bad from what I've seen. Seriously fuck off with this shit
>>
>>36252256
Think about all the dumb retarded utter cringe shit you did as a kid. Kids will always be fucking idiots
>>
>>36252256
I was ERP'ing in early chat rooms back in the late 90s as a 6 year old and I turned out fine

shit's gonna be fine son. humanity will always find a way, no matter how fucked it (or things) seem
>>
I grew up on IRC and 4chan. I think calling someone else a freak when I spent most of my life behind a computer screen would be hypocritical. I was more worried when Facebook took down myspace. Facebook encourages you to only talk to people you already know, it takes one of the greatest things about the internet away from people. Stuff like Tinder and Badoo has fixed this though. If it wasn't for the internet I would have forever been a virgin. My crude social skills would have never developed. I am forever grateful I had the chance to talk to strangers and occasionally meet them in real life.
>>
Internet today aint like the internet back then. Some probably follow equestria daily.
>>
>>36252335
>been using the internet since the 90s

Well if I can be used as a case study the next generation is fucked.
>>
>>36252626
It's better honestly. There are a lot of things I could bitch about. 4chan definitely isn't better. But would you really want to go back to the dialup days? The days when 3mbit was considered fast? When 240p youtube videos first came around and it was hard to find content that wasn't utter garbage unless it was pirated? Livejournal? AIM? KaZaA? What we have now is infinitely better. It will just never have that exciting feeling of being new again. The children of today have always had this. They'll never be impressed to hear a song playing from computer speakers.
>>
>>36252709
To be honest the only good thing about the past was less obesity and girls had lower standards. I'm currently emulating games because am too poor for new consoles. I can honestly say the past was shit
>>
>>36252850
I collect classic consoles because I grew up with them and I have a great love and appreciation for them. There are things that I like about older games that draw me to them. On the other hand I can see why someone who started on ps3 or Xbox 360 wouldn't want to play snes or Genesis games like someone who grew up with that stuff.
>>
>have you heard the new rock music the kids are listening to? They're going to grow up to be deviants!
>every child now is glued to a television, it's going to rot their brains!
>look how violent video games are now! we're training children to be killers!
>>
The more important concern for Gen Z is, because of Google and Wikipedia, they expect simple, concrete answers to all questions. Between that and the more intense focus on standardized testing, they seem to have a view that "education" is being able to repeat facts.
>>
>>36252617
My brother, this. oldBot here, and I will say this over semi anonymous text that I 100% agree. I think we are headed more towards a period of narcissism for today's young adults.
>>
>>36253007
I grew up with snes and can still say most old games are either mindless reflex or horribly uninspired. A real eye opener was playing conkers bad fur day. That shit was shit
>>
>kids today will grow up without any concept of privacy
>>
Gen Z are actually gonna be the greatest generation.
Because every generation hates the previous ones and tries to overthrow them, Gen Z is gonna be anti-PC, anti-SJW and anti-bullshit in general.
They'll take us to space, just you wait and see. It's all uphill from here. The future is so fucking bright. We're all gonna live in glass skyscrapers with vertical gardens and maglev trains and shieet. You'll see.
>>
>>36252402

It's not about finding a way. It's about quality.

That's what separates everything great, everything the master race has created. In comparison to the huts niggers use, and the shit engineering copies Asians make.
>>
>>36252256
They probably said the same about the first kids to grow up with a personal radio, or a tv. Then there's always someone like you lamenting that their generation just happened to be the last good one
>>
>>36252256
Yeah it is actually quite bad for kids. When I was 9 I had pokemon cards and there was only one computer in the house. Recently I spent some time in a house with kids; they literally spent all their time on youtube on their phones. Like all of their time.

On the bright side youtube has a lot of right wingers. Apparently gen z is the most conservative generation since the silent generation. I think the whole anti-sjw movement is a big part of that.
>>
>>36255297
>Apparently gen z is the most conservative generation since the silent generation
Those studies were done before Trump and Brexit. Before Brexit UK teens were goin right. Now that Brexit has happened they're going Left again. Trump is likely causing similar effects on American teens
>>
>>36252256
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/generation-z-rejects-donald-trump-brexit-call-let-more-migrants-refugees-1605290

Pol fucked up big time. Gen Z is now anti Trump anti Brexit and pro immigration. Gen Z is going to turn out like Millennials after all
>>
I just see the internet as a superstimulus that acts as an evolutionary bottleneck. Those that can't deal with the internet in a healthy way will simply die out.
>>
>>36252256
everyone born after 1999 isnt real
>>
>>36253235
>Past results guarantee future outcomes.
Fuck off with this.
The United States will forever be a nation too, right?
>>
>>36257015
All I know is, I'm completely fucking sick of asinine memespouters who want to tell me about fucking hitler and le zappy merchant.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.