[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your dream, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Bonfire of Dreams.png (317KB, 1179x647px) Image search: [Google]
Bonfire of Dreams.png
317KB, 1179x647px
What is your dream, /r9k/?
>>
Yeah a nice starry night in good company.
>>
To die in my sleep.

abv
>>
File: IMG_0835.png (15KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0835.png
15KB, 477x539px
>>36251958
Have a not too demanding job and live in a comfy apartment with a friend playing vidya on our offtime
>>
I want to travel for a bit then die in the desert.
>>
to be able to have sex with white women

t. half-asian
>>
To be happy and live a fulfilling life not chocked full of involuntary clinical depression
>>
>>36251958
No money
Ori
>>
File: 1492006032898.jpg (21KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1492006032898.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
I wish i was goodlooking and tall so i copuld have a qt gf
>>
My dream is to find a dream worth chasing
>>
>>36252031
Pretty much this, just minus the friend part and add in writing and posting short stories online that maybe 2 people will read
>>
It used to be world domination, but I gave up on that once I found out that I was fucking retarded.
>>
>>36251958
To have one worth dreaming
>>
>>36251958
To watch everything fall apart and for there to be some sort of explanation that isn't mindless bs
>>
File: 20170413_113453.jpg (221KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_113453.jpg
221KB, 600x450px
To have an anorexic mongolian boy cover my naked body in hamsters.
>>
>>36252698
Are you talking about genuine stupidity or the "everyone has been shitting on me my entire life so they must be right" kind?
>>
To start a new life in America and atone for my crimes.
>>
>>36253918
probably both

anyone who desires to take over the world is fundamentally stupid in a sense
>>
For me to publish a book and for someone to read it and like it.
>>
To become rich and start my own cult.
>>
>>36254005
In what sense?
Lane ends merge left
>>
I want to be happy /lohn jennon
>>
>wake up
>be able to do whatever i want
>whenever i want
>go back to sleep

desu
>>
>>36254106
Power fantasies generally come from a unconscious feeling of powerlessness that the person holds, speaking from personal experience. To not realize this and continue wanting to "take over the world" in a general sense is a waste of your brain power. If you think about each and every infinitesimal step from this moment to the next to the eventual reality where you "take over the world", it stops being a desire to "take over the world" and an actual goal. I put "take over the world" in quotations because it's a very vague phrase. Does this mean attaining vast political power like the head gov't official of some country? Do you want to be the wealthiest person in the world? Is money really equivalent to power, or are the connections that you have to people what allows you to "take over the world". Do you want to be some sort of godlike creative spreading your concentrated memes in the form of some artform or invention among the masses?

The desire to "take over the world" is like any other delusion that the person uses to escape from their immediate reality of powerlessness, rather than empowering their immediate reality.

It's similar to proto-trannies having this vague desire to "become a girl" and not considering the cognitive and emotional changes of HRT, the negative social perception of trannies, scheduling appointments with a doctor, explaining yourself, broaching the topic with your friends and family, etc.

It's just fucking lazy.

note as a former(?) chuuni, this comes from a deep well of self-hatred
>>
To make a name for myself as a musician
>>
>>36251958
I want godlike abilities and cognition and then move to a forest that i'll turn into a timeless fantasy realm
>>
>>36254352
You could say that about absolutely any fantasy. They're all impractical, they all speak to secret lackings. Do you think that one should abandon one of few sources of authenticity because it's not well developed or because it might not work out? That's like throwing out a drawing before it's even started.

Or perhaps the individual doesn't give a shit about their immediate reality because it's terrible and there's nothing you can do even when "empowered" to your fullest.

>It's just fucking lazy
Sometimes.
>>
to have the universe in complete peace and benevolence
>>
>>36254508
I just don't like it when people imagine a point in their future beyond which all pain and suffering ceases to exist where they can finally self-actualize. It's like trying to scale up the side of a giant building by miraculously succeeding at a 50 meter vertical instead of planning your footholds and handholds out during the climb. I have nothing against poorly thought out fantasies that the fantasizer doesn't wish to create in this world. Those are very necessary for your mental health I think. But when you live inside some poorly thought, hyper-actualized self that you're constantly living in the shadow of, it's fucking lazy.
>>
>>36251958
Kinda edgy but I do not remember my dream. When I do all I see is some black void or shit that might happen in the near future (Only rarely though).
>>
>>36254660
I don't disagree, but the key words are "poorly thought". Otherwise you're actually preparing for various contingencies that will (probably) never happen and strengthening the image of what self-actualization even is to you, and that it's important at all in the first place.

Can't really blame anyone for fantasizing because nobody asked for this. Nobody should be obligated to "make the climb" yet there it is.
>>
File: 1454753627741.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454753627741.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
my dream is just for the suffering to end...
>>
>>36251958
>To have a decent/stable job
>graduate from school
>have a gf
>Cuddling with qt3.14 gf
>Watching disney movies
>staying in bed all day
>eating whatever we want from the fridge
>no suicidal thoughts for a whole weekend, just enjoying time with said gf
>have a solid/small group of friends
This is my dream, anon. Im not sure if it will ever be achieved from me
>>
>>36251958
marry onietis, live in decent sized house as a private practice vet, eventually kids, and keeping up with tabletop, hiking, and playing some gigs on the weekends.
>>
literally impossible since it involves me going back to the past and undoing some serious fuck ups that I've more than made up for by achieving some sanitized mass-instilled normie goals (but not really)
>>
>>36254050
What kind of book?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.