[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with my formerly abused sister

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (237KB, 1523x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 1523x1600px
You guys know about being depressed, help me out. My sister occasionally zones out and her eyes get glassy and distant. She'll just stop and disconnect from everything. Often this leads to crying or laying down and balling up. What are some ways I can make her feel better in these situations?

Me and my parents pulled my sister out of an abusive relationship a few weeks ago. She was in a really bad Stockholm syndrome mindset because of it. Right now she's living with me because I'm a good distance away from her abuser and it looks like things are going well. This means that she'll probably stay with me which I'm happy to let her do. I'm just worried about what's going through her head.
>>
>>36237388
She probably just misses him.
>>
>>36237388
A good dicking

original
>>
>>36237388
you should abuse her
orignina
>>
>>36237403
I'm sure she'll miss him for a long time, maybe forever, but obviously I can't return her to him.
>>
>>36237476
Why not? If she's happy with him and loves him, let her be with him. It's her choice, whether you approve or not.
>>
It's a tough call, mate. I was abused myself, but not from a fiance but from my whole family and let me tell you this: it is of utmost importance that you say and give her the feeling that she didn't deserve to be abused, and that it is right she's now with you, her family, and not with her former abuser.

She probably thinks she's the lowest of the low, this is why you really need to make sure she doesn't think that way. Of course you cannot directly change her mind, but you may be a catalyst for it, so she doesn't see herself as worthless. You have to consider that she may feel like a traitor to her ex-boyfriend - make it clear to her she shouldn't even consider thinking that way. And show her physical affection in form of hugs, pats on head, back and shoulder, holding her hand(s) so she can reassociate touching with affection, something and not pain and abuse.

Basicall, do not enable self-destructive behavior and thinking, enable positivity until she's stable.

PS: WHO THE FUCK IS THAT ON THE PICTURE?
>>
>>36237534
There are special rules for good friends and family: if they do not know in what kind of misery they're in, then you pull them out with force, no matter if they'll hate your guts or not.

Fuck off with your nihilistic and pseudo-liberal point of view.
>>
>>36237388
Let her sleep with you in your bed. Tell her you love her every day, and hug her every day. Make her feel loved and wanted.
>>
>>36237388
lmao
orignal hentai plot where girl is mindbroken
>>
>>36237570
I'm an abuse victim myself, but nobody saved me. I did that myself, because I hated it. I don't think that people will put up with something they don't ultimately enjoy, or that doesn't afford them benefits that to them are worth the downsides. I put up with it until I was old enough to move out. Every person I know who was in a shitty relationship had the option to walk away, yet very few did.

I think it's not your business to run your sister's life and traumatize her this way. Some people are natural masochists and need this to feel okay. I know this sounds insane, but it's true. It's like trying to fix drug addicted that don't want to get clean. It cannot work and you are hurting everyone involved, if you meddle. Your sister will just hook up with another violent animal first chance she gets.
>>
>>36237537
Thanks man, I read up on how victims of abuse usually blame themselves a lot and cause a lot more harm to themselves unintentionally. I'll try and make things more comfortable for her with your suggestions. She really doesn't like touching people at all now so I can see what you mean.

I have no idea who the girl is.

>>36237573
Right now everyone is hands off, she doesn't want to be touched. She sleeps in my room with the door locked currently, I don't really think trying to sleep together is something that I want to aim for. I really just want to get her level headed again.

>>36237583
I bet you think you're so clever. Too bad I don't want to have sex with her.
>>
>>36237671
never said you should have sex with her.
that would actually be original
unoriginal plot would be she gets in gangbang with older men and they send you the tape
>>
>>36237658
Am not OP though.
Let's agree to disagree here. For every symptom there is a cause, and I'll rip it out if necessary - that's how I do if I deeply care about someone.

>>36237671
Am >>36237537 this guy. No problem, and I hope you accomplish to make her life worthwhile again.
>>
Best of luck OP, in my experience it'll take time and effort on both parts
>>
>>36237388
>l-le Stockholm syndrome made me stay with him, I s-swear

I'd slap that whore a few times and tell her to grow up. Fuck you and fuck your dumbass sister.
>>
>>36237727
>For every symptom there is a cause, and I'll rip it out if necessary
That's just bluster, you cannot actually do that in reality. If your sister was a reasonable person, she wouldn't be in the situation she is in now. Reason all that's standing between a person who was hurt in this way and an endless quagmire of self destructive bullshit.
I know that I'm lucky to have this strange weird obsession with objective truth and process optimization, but I still need to be careful to keep my impulses in check (for me that's drugs, not whoring and self harm). I don't know how you would help a person who drank the "woe me" cool aid and doesn't give a fuck about the reality that exists beyond their emotions, and how it interacts with them. I wish I knew how to help people who don't want to help themselves. I thought I could at least be there for them, and feed them reason in palpable doses but eventually they implode anyway, so that didn't work.

Good luck, but prepare for failure regardless of what you try. It's not your fault, it's just how these things go.
>>
File: 1481576072260.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1481576072260.gif
8KB, 645x773px
haha OP your sister is a whore and if you don't pay attention she will go back to her abusive bf in no time.
>>
File: gNimPqd.jpg (83KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gNimPqd.jpg
83KB, 576x1024px
Are you monitoring her internet use?

Even if she's not looking to get back together she will probably chat with him on FB messenger or Skype because he said he wants "closure" or something. Roasties are really fucking stupid that way.
>>
>>36238030
That picture infuriates me every time I see it.
>>
>>36238054
Why? She's allowed to fuck as many dudes as she wants you asspie.
>>
>>36238085
kys already godamn
>>
>>36238054
iktf anon, after she ride countless chads now she wants a beta to take care of her shitstorm life. Roasties like these needed to be sent to Saudi Arabia.
>>
she is pregnant and at gosford mental hospital
>>
>>36238030
i hope she gets HIV. then immediately gets pregnant and somehow they dont detect it so her child is born with the disease
>>
>>36238054

A challenger appears. Original comment and so on.
>>
>>36238243
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GODDAMN ROASTIE CUNT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36238243
why would this picture make someone angry?
>>
>>36238478
Don't look into it senpai, it's not worth knowing how fucking evil some people can be.

>>36238243
FUCK OFF NORMAN AAAAAAA I'D ONLY JUST FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT THOT AGAIN
>>
>>36238538

lol i did look it up. that story is fake as shit, even if it was real that guy telling it was just a dumbass
>>
File: 1416634288055.gif (266KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1416634288055.gif
266KB, 480x270px
You need to stick your penis inside her. Best case scenario, it'll help her forget about the previous boyfriend, worst case scenario the new trauma will take priority over the old one
>>
>>36238612

Well, you've never been in a friendzone/orbit situation and I'm jealous of you for that.
>>
>>36237537
She looks really familiar, I think she goes on here. If this is who I'm thinking of, I met her here.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.