[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What, existentially, makes normies become normies?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3628.jpg (144KB, 640x946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3628.jpg
144KB, 640x946px
What, existentially, makes normies become normies?
>>
>>36235480
They fall for Jewish trickery
>>
>Had a stable childhood
>Never has been excluded from anything purposefully and was generally accepted by everyone
>falls in line with all popular tastes and trends
>Has people who genuinely care about them
>Hasn't experienced any real hardship or difficulty in their lives for prolonged periods
>Never has the time for introspection and reflection
>No desire to learn new things
This covers mostly why normies are how they are.
>>
>>36235573
That sounds like the definition of a boring beta.
>>
>>36235573
Sounds awful if you ask me. So they're basically spoiled brats? Never really thought of them that way.
>>
File: neighborhood.jpg (117KB, 601x400px) Image search: [Google]
neighborhood.jpg
117KB, 601x400px
>>36235480
>When they fail, they try again
>They refuse to dwell on their own mistakes obsessively
>They don't think everyone else is watching them
>They don't think everyone else is thinking about them
>They don't think everyone else is talking about them
>They take reasonable risks
>>
>>36235590
Normies are beta

Chad is alpha and omegas who turn it around
>>
>>36235480
God created the universe with consistent laws of physics. Everything stems from them.
>>
>>36235622
So if you don't have depression and extreme anxiety you're a normie?

I disagree.
>>
>>36235480
>>36235677
"If you aren't a vulnerable narcissist you're not a robot".
How's that?
>>
File: ZjaUbfn.png (417KB, 1246x724px) Image search: [Google]
ZjaUbfn.png
417KB, 1246x724px
inb4 someone tries to imply there's discernible difference between terms normie and normalfag
>>
>>36235480
Normalfags are simply following default human programming. Notice how many more of them exist compared to robots.
There's a reason they are considered normal: we are the deviants.
>>
>>36235648
Normies are the majority of the population. No, they are not all beta, not by a longshot. Only failed normies (robots) are.
>>
>>36235706
That describes most Chads and Stacies though
>>
>>36235788
Nope.
Some Chads and Stacies might be narcissistic, but not the Vulnerable type.
>>
>>36235573
>>Never has been excluded from anything purposefully and was generally accepted by everyone

It's mainly thi s one. This kills the drive to try being included in children which leads to the other issues.
>>
>>36235850
And of course in the case of robots it was never their own fault but evil society that excludes them!
>>
Normies aren't made, they're simply the norm.

Robots are made because we're the exception to the rule, the odd ones out.
>>
>>36235866
>And of course in the case of robots it was never their own fault but evil society that excludes them!

Not for all of us, but I was born autistic and as a child I really couldn't cope with my autism which lead to me being excluded. There are anons here with valid reasons.
>>
>>36235894
The ones with valid reasons are a small minority. Are you truly diagnosed with autism, as in you couldn't even speak as a child?
>>
>>36235866
>muh just world fallacy
How to spot a normie 101
>>
>>36235837
Take their social safety net away for 2 weeks and they'll be more vulnerable than any robot.
>>
>>36235967
>Are you truly diagnosed with autism, as in you couldn't even speak as a child?

Yup. I got diagnosed. I could speak as child it was just delayed.
>>
>>36236058
>le just world meme

How to spot a manchild who blames everyone and everything but himself for his failures.
>>
>>36236117
Mind telling me more? My nephew has autism. He's now 5 years old. He's not retarded, as in he understands things. He just (almost never) speaks. He seems to be almost completely oblivious to other human beings, he just cares about objects.

Sounds similar? At what age did you start to speak?
>>
File: Vulnerable Narcissists Traits.jpg (127KB, 636x732px) Image search: [Google]
Vulnerable Narcissists Traits.jpg
127KB, 636x732px
>>36236075
>"I don't know what 'Vulnerable Narcissist' means
FTFY
pic related
>>
>>36236166
>Mind telling me more?
It's not really that interesting though.

I started speaking at around 5. My favorite thing to do was stare at the dryer as it was spinning. Really stereotypical stuff.
>>
File: 1439568064379.jpg (37KB, 527x494px) Image search: [Google]
1439568064379.jpg
37KB, 527x494px
>>36235622
>They don't think everyone else is watching them
>They don't think everyone else is thinking about them
>They don't think everyone else is talking about them
God I hate seeing the shit inside my head spelt out in front of me.
>>
They post on /b/, /lit/, /fit/, /his/,/r9k/, /s/, and /soc/. 4chan in general.
>>
File: 1436993565623.jpg (56KB, 382x372px) Image search: [Google]
1436993565623.jpg
56KB, 382x372px
>>36236206
Fuck, there's some more me. GET OUT OF MY HEAD.
>>
>>36235573
>>36235622
Essentially these. A combination of a supportive network and resilience for difficulties that DO come along. However I disagree on
>Hasn't experienced any real hardship or difficulty in their lives for prolonged periods
and
>No desire to learn new things
I think normies definitely do enjoy learning new things. Maybe not as obsessively as non normies, but they do.
I would also say they can maintain normie status even if going through long term difficulties, and that's usually because of their support network.
I would also add
>take pleasure in, genuinely enjoy and are interested in what other people have to say

And not to be a cock, but this one honestly boggles my mind. Like some standard normie is talking about their mundane summer travels, and longer after I've zoned out normie number 2 is sitting there in rapt attention asking questions.
>>
>>36236212
Thanks. Let's hope my nephew will soon as well. He does love to watch spinning things.

Would you say you're a complete outcast, a partial one, or mostly fit into society?
>>
>>36236215
I've never dwelled on something I've said, most people are too busy thinking about themselves to sit around thinking about what i did it's just paranoid to assume they do.
>>
>>36236353
I had social skills training and I can "fit in" now. I never had friends though so there's that.

It all feels like I'm playing a role, the real autist is still in me.
>>
>>36236215
>>36236255
Vulnerable Narcissism is part of the NPD spectrum.
the real robots of arcanine are, essentially, 'Vulnerable Narcissists in the Mist'.

>>36236272
>some standard normie is talking about their mundane summer travels, and longer after I've zoned out normie number 2 is sitting there in rapt attention asking questions.
That is because many people with healthy levels of empathy use such discussions to build emotional rapport with each other.
>>
>>36236444
And part of the rapport is thinking. Do you seriously think Chad gives a fuck about what Stacy is so excitedly babbling about? He just listens enough to know what to answer and pretends to be interested to get into her panties.
>>
>>36236542
>Do you seriously think Chad gives a fuck about what Stacy is so excitedly babbling about?
Yes.
To a mentally and emotionally healthy person vicariously participating in the positive experiences of others in dialog is enjoyable. By being intellectually engaged the participants can share their own positive experiences in conversation to find common ground in those actions, thoughts, and such that they both find enjoyable.
Or, for you, it is like discussing anime with another weeabo, but healthy.
>>
>>36236444
>>36236617
I'd like to bump this thread because I think it's really interesting.

I really wish I was a normie.
>>
>>36235480
"Normie-ality is a pervasive developmental condition, probably present since birth, in which the affected person sees the world in a very strange manner.

It's a puzzle; an enigma that traps those so affected in a lifelong struggle for social status and recognition.

Normie individuals almost invariably show a triad of impairments, consisting of inability to think independently of the social group, marked impairment in the ability to think logically or critically, and inability to form special interests (other than in social activity)."

http://speciaal.forges55.be/neurotypicals/understanding-neurotypicality/
>>
Normies are just Normaholics
they just can't live without Normahol
>>
>>36237576
Thanks
these two posts
>>36238548
>>36239233
reinforce that this
>>36236206
is correct
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.