[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>parents both went to ivy league colleges and met each other

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
>parents both went to ivy league colleges and met each other there
>older brother got accepted into an Ivy League college like a year ago
>younger brother looks to be following their footsteps
>I can't even get my sats score above 1300 even after hundreds of hours of tutoring and 20 practice sats papers
>at one point dad asked me to look him straight in the eyes and proceeded to tell me that I will be a loser for my entire life and that I probably have some mental problem

where is my 160iq, why is life so unfair?

I know that I'm not adopted or that mum didn't have an affair with a hobo because we did the my23andme DNA test..

Does anyone know how I can collect that sweet sweet inheritance without being suspected of anything? Either that or I'm considering suicide..
>>
>>36226014
>>I can't even get my sats score above 1300 even after hundreds of hours of tutoring and 20 practice sats papers
if you mean 1300/1600 that's fine you autistic cunt you don't need much academic excellence to get in on a legacy
if you mean 1300/2400 lmao at your life
>>
>>36226014
hey dude, listen i got a 1300 and i am in a pretty good bachelors program for premed students. just work on getting your transfer courses really high at college. don't sweat it. also, the questions you're studying aren't hard enough.
>>
lmao sat scores don't mean jack shit, you can just go to an inferior college and work your ass off, and then transfer to a way better college. your life isn't over just because you got a 1300, dude.
>>
>>36226014
Went to a shitty state school. The self esteem boost from hanging around stupid (and I mean stupid) people was more valuable than any Ivy league experience.
>>
There's no point going to an ivy league school unless you want to be a lawyer, and even then unless you already know someone at a firm it's pretty pointless
>>
>>36226768
>There's no point going to an ivy league school unless you want to be a lawyer, and even then unless you already know someone at a firm it's pretty pointless
not true at all
>>
>>36226540
This. I'm a high school teacher and I've seen some stupid mother fuckers transfer into Cornell and U Penn. Just get all A's your first semester, which shouldn't be hard.
>>
>>36226805
It's only for "prestige" and the only job that takes prestige over expertise is lawyer
>>
>>36226014
In your free time study lots of maths and. Whatever other topics you need to. Specifically read up on analysis. You'll understand calculus better
>>
>>36226884
>It's only for "prestige" and the only job that takes prestige over expertise is lawyer

If you are honestly naive enough to believe the world works that way, then sure

but one of the most significant factors in someone's success is simply having the connections to be successful. Having the education isn't enough, having the work ethic or expertise isn't enough. You need to know the right people to be successful. And the right people are not going to, idk, Ball State University or FAU or something
>>
sounds like your life is now meaningless, just fukin' kill yourself.
>>
>>36226980
I know that but OP is a robot on /r9k/. Do you really think he's going to be making friends with anybody, much less someone influential
>>
File: 1486919174678.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1486919174678.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>36226014
Be a NEET. Your parents should have the money to give you gourmet chicken tenders, what with their educational background.
>>
Don't worry, OP.

>>36226980 is right, the education, the work ethic and the expertise is good, but not enough, you do need to be lucky in meeting the right people...

HOWEVER! Good work ethics and diligence help a lot in all sorts of matters, including the meeting people part.

Also, fuck your dad, man, that's a shitty thing to say to your son. If you like any craft enough, and you have a talent for it (as in, you get how things work and how to do them), you should be alright with anything, life just happens.
>>
>>36226014
>tfw parents think you're too stupid to be their kid, so they DNA test you

Wew lads, I finally found a feel on here I can't relate to. That's pretty rough, anon.
>>
>>36227336
Yeah, his parents are fucking awful.

OP, I strongly encourage you to disown your family.
>>
i literally go to an ivy league school. it is 100% a meme. it is not difficult, you do not need to be smart to pass your classes, you just have to do what people tell you.

my SAT score was a 2010 on the old (the one with writing) scale. ACT was a 32. i remember that i missed zero points on the SAT english/writing sections and got a staggering amount of the math questions wrong. it's worth pointing out that over the last 20 years, standardized test scores have become less and less important for college acceptance. there are plenty of well-regarded institutions that don't even make you submit test scores
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/07/27/a-list-of-180-ranked-schools-that-dont-require-act-or-sat-scores-for-admissions/

your degree from an ivy league institution also means very little unless you're trying to do really specific things with it (like apply to certain graduate programs). it's true that you theoretically make more important connections at ivies, but if your main concern is graduating and getting a job your 4 year degree from cornell is going to serve you just as well as your 4 year degree from benis state university. in fact, if you have to do some serious minimum-wage slavery after college, your ivy league degree actually puts you at a disadvantage because mcdonalds knows you can "do better" than them and won't be inclined to hire someone who will jump ship at the next available opportunity.
>>
>>36226014
are you gifted in the arts? i guess you aren't a great communicator or very charismatic because you're on here, so your iq didn't go to intuition, but maybe you have an art-centered brain
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.