[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samurai Jack

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (103KB, 620x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 620x650px
Anyone else been keeping up with the new season of samurai jack???
>>
>>36223558
it's nonironically the only reason i haven't killed myself.
i bought a shotgun and i'm waiting for the season finale.
>>
Last episode was bad.
>>
>>36223622
I liked it. Felt like a return to form from all the serious shit.
>>
>>36223558
The first two episodes seemed promising but the poor storytelling and the completely absurd scenarios started to drag it down. The fucking ladybug scene last episode ruined it completely for me.
>>
>>36223589
don't kill yourself,
its too mainstream
try something else instead
>>
>>36223558
wow hahaha i love that show bro

not as good as rick and morty though
>>
>>36223704
no one ever regrets killing themselves anon.
besides suicide is certainly not mainstream.
>>
>>36223558
He still hasn't made it back home?
>>
>>36223721
Reddit & Memey is shit but Jackfags are complete manchildren who lap up this shitty storytelling. At this point, I'd rather watch the former.
>>
watched samurai jack very briefly years and years ago. did the original series end on a cliffhanger or something? im thinking about watching it after all this hype for the new season
>>
>>36224076

It was mostly episodic, and just ended. They have wanted to a proper end for years. After realizing the Jack movie would never go anywhere, they opted for mini-series.
>>
>>36223662
Samurai Jack is good and the season has been too. But the last episode was boring and not executed very well.
>>
File: 1491710759001.png (222KB, 846x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491710759001.png
222KB, 846x550px
>>36223558
Last episode was shit

There was only one redeeming factor
>>
File: 1489893272183.png (221KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1489893272183.png
221KB, 720x540px
WAIFU KILLIN'
>>
>>36224252
So glad I wasn't the only who thought of that (referring to photo)
>>
The people claiming that the story telling is shitty need to gtfo.

At the end of the day I like it for the simple fact that it feels almost exactly like the samurai jack I remember watching as a child - at the end of the day that's what it was and that's what it is - a children's show (for the children that grew up).

It's supposed to have a childish - simplistic plot. It's supposed to be easy to pick apart. It's supposed to rely on hack slashing action scenes to keep us interested - that's exactly why you watched it when you're kid.

I think this show is magnificent because it's literally speaking to all of us that haven't killed ourselves yet. Jack is older, losing hope, and feeling like life is pointless just like many of us who grew up and realized life wasn't the exciting - morally just - action movie we thought it we be as 10 year olds.

Look around, Look in this thread, how many people our age are blowing their brains out in response to the job market or the inability to find real career opportunities or the fact that they're over 21 and still relying on mommy and daddy to support them. Life is fucking shit - this series is literally a plea from the people who affected our childhood in such a prolific way to no matter what keep up the fight and not allow the inner desperation to eat at you to the point of suicide.
>>
>>36223975

Aku destroyed all time portals, including the one protected by blue Guardian man. Aku has been waiting for Jack to die of old age, but Jack is immune to aging for some unexplained reason.
>>
>>36224553

The problem is that since Samurai Jack stopped airing the story telling in cartoons, comics, anime, and tv shows has gotten a lot better. The average flavor of the month Anime/cartoon has better story telling than Samurai Jack.
>>
>>36223622
third episode was lazy from the all white background bullshit
fourth episode had much nicer visuals and a return to the playful, in-tune-with-nature jack
stop expecting all television to be nihilistic edginess
>>
>>36224652
so? i watch samurai jack for samurai jack not some weeb shit
>>
I have a magnet of the previous 4 seasons dvd set of isos if anyone wants them?
>>
>>36224690
I had no problem with Jack returning to a lighter tone as that was characteristic of the original series. What I did have a problem with though was that the audience is supposed to believe that Ashi, the girl who was brainwashed from birth and training her whole life to kill Jack, suddenly changes her mind completely because of a fucking ladybug.
>>
>>36224873

The 'ladybug' was the last straw. It was Jack's kindness and devotion to save her that helped convince her that Jack isn't evil. He showed affection for a ladybug while her master killed one.
>>
>>36224873
all her other sisters died in like three episodes
jack saved her life multiple times
she hit her head pretty hard
they didn't want to spend too much time on Ashi

I am willing to put aside pacing problems considering they're almost halfway through the season
>>
>>36224873

The last season only has 10 episodes. They can't spend more than 1 episode having Ashi slowly warming up to Jack.
>>
>>36224045
Take it easy man it was a joke
>>
>>36224690
ok we're not watching the same show. you are mistaken if you believed any episode has closely resembled the past seasons. the closest you get to that are the encounter with mercenary/assassin, the battle in the woods, battle in the tombs, the second to last moment with animals inside of the beast, and of course the moment with Aku. The rest of the season has been darker and more mature than past seasons, and episode four had the least going for it in either camp.

>third episode is lazy
fuck off /co/
>>
>>36225293

It still feels like Samurai jack. It's just that they've bumped it to TV-14, and are clearly aiming it at people who grew up with the show and are now 20-30.
>>
>>36224873
Did you just ignore the entire rest of the episode where jack was not only nice and kind to her he also saved her life multiple times? Are you dense, motherfucker?
>>
>>36225293
The darker tone is great from an artistic standpoint. The vivid hallucinations and gritty fight scenes are a welcome addition.

It doesn't try to be the most shocking, gruesome thing you've seen all week though. Which I also think is a good thing.
>>
I watched the 4 episodes yesterday, when is the next episode being released.
Also, I noticed that the show is a bit more "grown up" than when I watched it before, especially with Jack's mind telling him to just kill himself.
>>
>>36225438
>It doesn't try to be the most shocking, gruesome thing you've seen all week though.

The entire sequence with Jack and his knife wound was very impactful. The scene of him slowly pulling the knife out was one of the hardest things to see in a while. It's worse than actual gore.
>>
>>36225379
Yes he was nice but her reaction toward him was relatively unchanged until the very last scene. It was poor character development.
>>
>>36225488
Think of her like a stubborn five year old. Which makes sense given how she was sheltered all her life.
>>
>>36225438
It's definitely a welcome direction. I just think four doesn't do well in either direction as a light-hearted romp or a darker character episode. Also, I thought it wasn't executed very well. If they depended on each other to escape and survive, and Ashi slowly grew to confide some details of her past to Jack, then it would've been good.
>>
>>36225658
This may have been intentional to paint Jack and Ashi as a father-daughter relationship instead of a romantic couple. Jack had already had experience being in giant beasts, picks the needles out of her, and tolerates her feeble attempts to kill him without too much complaint. Jack also has no idea what his father would do in this case, hence the continuing internal conflict.
>>
>>36225443
Every Saturday at 11 ya dingus
>>
>>36223704
Dont listen to this nigger, if you're going to kill yourself at least live stream it for us.
>>
>>36223558
it's the first airing tv show I've been excited every week for in a long while

>>36223622
it was the worst one so far but I wouldn't call it bad.
>>
>>36224252
I had a great time on /aco/ that night
>>
WHO READY FOR THE SCOTSMAN NEXT EPISODE
>>
>>36224652
>The problem is that since Samurai Jack stopped airing the story telling in cartoons, comics, anime, and tv shows has gotten a lot better. The average flavor of the month Anime/cartoon has better story telling than Samurai Jack.
This is the falsest statement I've ever read here, holy shit
>>
File: IMG_0065.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0065.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
How long is the series? Never watched a single episode but sounds up my alley
>>
>>36228613
4 seasons, it's very episodic with few plot eps (but there is an overarching plot), if you can get down with that
>>
File: 1491712595392.png (134KB, 296x319px) Image search: [Google]
1491712595392.png
134KB, 296x319px
Next episode is a guaranteed 9/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUoPXab6_Lw

I was worried that Genndy was going to make Aku too much of a comic relief character but holy shit he's just as ruthless as he ever was.

This season so far has been amazing.
>>
>>36228613
You only really need to watch a dozen episodes or so to get the important stuff, but the more you see the better
>>
>>36224252
>There was only one redeeming factor

What was it?
>>
>>36228718
Aku is comic relief. You must not have watched the original show.
>>
>>36224873
I hate that they are revolving the story around her (ashi or w/e her name is)

I didn't fucking wait 10 years for that shit.

All I want is my samurai
>>
>>36228853
>Aku is comic relief

I said TOO much of a comic relief. As in he's not as much of a threatening figure as he was from time to time in past seasons. You must not have read my post.
>>
>>36228853
Seems neither have you. He was equal parts comic relief and legitimately dangerous antagonist.
>>
>>36228853
Aku was both. There were times when he was brutal and ruthless as fuck, plenty of them, but also times when he was just funny (like EXTRA THICC or the episode where he fights Jack in human form)
>>
>>36224652
>The average flavor of the month Anime/cartoon has better story telling than Samurai Jack.

Can't tell if shit troll or shit taste
>>
>>36224652
>slap a girl on it and people will call it a masterpiece
>>
>>36229105

Have you not watched Gravity Falls, Star Vs The Forces Of Evil, , RE:Zero, Rick And Morty, Kids Next Door, Avatar:The Last Airbender, Legend Of Korra, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Archer, The Venture Brothers or any story heavy cartoon within the past 10 years Samurai Jack was on hiatus?
>>
>>36229160
>Legend Of Korra, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe

If you hadn't mentioned those shows I would have agreed with you.

Star a cute tho
>>
>>36229160
>Unironically mentioning Re:Zero in the same category as literal degenerate fedora tipping faggot shows
Kill yourself my dude :^)
>>
File: winona on another cocaine rager.jpg (70KB, 600x734px) Image search: [Google]
winona on another cocaine rager.jpg
70KB, 600x734px
>>36229160

>Legend of Korra

Icky.
>>
>>36229160
>Rick and Morty
>Korra
>Regular Show
>Adventure Time
>>>>Fucking Steven Universe
>>>/redditumblr/
you have to go back!
>>
>>36229160
I fucking hate newfags like this >>36229059 who didn't grow up watching SJ so they go and stream the whole show online because everyone is talking about it and then they think they know the show.

Fuck off you'll never "get it"
>>
>>36229160
>Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Rick And Morty
>story heavy

Jesus anon just kill yourself
>>
>>36229263
Not him but Samurai Jack is not deep nor is it exclusively understandable to 9 year olds in the early 2000s you pretentious failure
>>
File: 1490902302896.jpg (102KB, 900x1115px) Image search: [Google]
1490902302896.jpg
102KB, 900x1115px
>>36229263
So Aku was never threatening character to you? Dude was scary as shit in the first 2 episodes when I was as a kid.
>>
>>36229318

-Adventure Time has tons of background story
-Regular Show's final season is a serialized story
>>
File: Samurai Jack Face.jpg (96KB, 1000x466px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Jack Face.jpg
96KB, 1000x466px
>>36229263

>he hasn't watched Birth of Evil

You're looking like a total retard here tbqh
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.