[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell does someone live through a shot gun blast like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (820KB, 952x638px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
820KB, 952x638px
How the hell does someone live through a shot gun blast like this? Like if you were standing inside of a hospital, held a shotgun 45 degrees through your mouth upward wouldbt you die instantly and even though theres doctors all around you woulv they be able to save you? i just dont pucture it happening so please tell me if im wrong.

so how does this happen and whats the way this doesnt happen
>>
He became a physical meme.

Jesus.
>>
I'm no doctor, but it looks like he aimed the gun more toward his face. He needed to aim for more important bits like the brainstem.
>>
>>36221684
Better question is: how in the fuck did plastic surgeons do such a HORRIBLE job? A lot of that can be fixed. They must've not been getting paid enough or something. Take some fucking pride in your work. Modern physicians make me sick. Incompetent, lazy retards.
>>
>>36221684
He didn't do it right. If you put the barrel in your mouth it would splatter your brains over whatever was behind you. Sucks for him though.
>>
>>36221684
Most likely he moved the gun at the last second pulling it out of his mouth at the same time he pressed the trigger, shooting off his lower jaw.

Not rocket science.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 240x260px
>>36221877
So is aiming like this probably better than upwards?
>>
>>36221888

Victorian and Tudor era physicians weren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed either, ya know.
>>
>>36221888
Are you insane? a shotgun blast?
>>
>>36221684
There's a girl on my neighbourhood who had shot herself and now she's blind, but at least her face looks ok.
>>
>>36221888
Are you a medical professional? I think forming anything resembling a face deserves a pat on the back after a fucking shotgun blast.
>>
>>36221918
>Not rocket science
okay but like it seems like a common belief that "blowing your brain out" is easy to do so where would you have aim for death on impact?

straight back like this or someshit? >>36221930

im not wanting to do it i just dont get how it works really
>>
>>36221684
Shotgun under the chin. Rookie mistake. You always put the barrel inside your mouth for maximum brain destruction.
>>
>>36221951
Implants could fix his jawline almost instantly, and that fucking nose holy shit. That's just sloppy fucking work. I don't know about this guy's case, but I really hope this is just an image after the initial life-saving surgery.

>>36221966
True reconstructive surgery requires an artist's touch. I've considered it before actually, but I have a problem with getting tired of things easily, and that's something that would require far too many years of dedicated effort to even begin to just get tired of it after a year or two.
>>
>>36222001
thanks for that, dr.death
>>
>>36222001
but even if you aimed too far back would you be able to miss the brain and just like with no back part of the head?
>>
>>36221888
Dude, the nose in the after pick is either a finger or a toe, they obviously did't have much to work with, it's not like they just shape some shit out of clay, that facial bone structure and tissue is intricate shit senpai.
>>
>>36221684
shot guns are not that powerful, even gamers know this.
>>
>>36221930
I would think you would rather want to destroy as much brain in the process rather than just sever the spinal cord. Here is a shitty drawing of what I would think is best.
>>
File: 08372083a95d20a965aef93868b91894.jpg (248KB, 664x1024px) Image search: [Google]
08372083a95d20a965aef93868b91894.jpg
248KB, 664x1024px
>>36221684
I tried to draw what happens.

Shotguns don't fire single bullets but rather a scatter of buck. It's a wild energy that's not focused. When people do the stupid chin thing, the energy wants to go where there's not so much resistance so it will tend to route itself out through the face rather than directing a single bullet right through the brain.
>>
>>36221684
Looks like he had a close shave.
>>
>>36222044
I'm kind of curious to look into this guy's surgeries now. He has a LOT of structural tissue intact that would allow for pretty significant physical recovery.
>>
>>36222037
Nope, your brain stem is lower down than people imagine.

But even if you somehow miss the brain stem and fire south of it, you'll destroy the topmost part of the spine, which will kill you all the same.

t. former police fag
>>
>>36222016
So you have no experience or qualifications and are essentially talking shit about arguably the most intricate and complicated task in plastic surgery imaginable?
>>
>>36222016
https://www.google.com/search?q=shotgun+suicide+fail&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjwq7mjiKDTAhUFeCYKHSvbARMQ_AUIBigB&biw=1536&bih=770

The doctors don't have much to work with after most of the face has been blown off. I'm not sure what you're imagining a shotgun blast is like.
>>
>>36222075
Probably the best idea. Shotguns seem like shitty ways to kill yourself though. Why not just use a powerful handgun?
>>
>>36222095
arent regular pistols to the brain not enough to kill, doesnt it just make the person bleed/have memory problems? or does a bullet to the brain actually cause instant death?

i think being a police officer might be fun possibly
>>
>>36222155
You can clearly see a lot of his bone is intact. The jaw can be replaced to a large degree.
>>
>>36222160
It could be simply because getting a shotgun is much easier than getting a handgun. Where I'm from, you can get a rifle with only a 10 day waiting period. Handguns are usually much harder to aquire.
>>
>>36222190
People who survive gunshots to the head usually do so because the bullet gets curved around the contour of the skull, which is something that doesn't happen with the barrel inside the mouth.

If a bullet actually enters your brain, your chance of death is damn well near 100%.

You have to remember that the bullet doesn't cut a clean little hole. It causes massive trauma all around it as it goes through you.
>>
>>36221684
Well his eyebrows sort of improved I guess
>>
>>36222224
didn't think of that. In the UK it's the same pretty much except it's impossible to get a handgun and you need a decent reason to get a shotgun. Think you can get a .22 pretty easily but using that to kill yourself is a surefire way to end up quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.
>>
>>36221930
There are two main ways to kill yourself by shotgun.

Pointing the gun upwards through the skull, with the butt of the shotgun resting on the torso, or propping the gun next to something at it angle upwards, with your feet holding the gun steady, this method is only reserved for when you are sitting. Generally the shotgun will always be in the mouth so it doesn't have to bypass extra bone.

You can still potentially live both of these though, its just all about luck really, though you obviously aren't going to be in a good position afterwards, even if only a single shell fires.
>>
>>36222016
>>36221684
This is Richard Lee Morris, he had a facial transplant after this.

The original Arseface was even worse, just google James Vance.
>>
Anyone remember the suicide helmet?
>>
>>36222373
Thanks, newspaper account says "gun accident," not suicide attempt. He had more surgery to improve his face.
>>
File: Failed6.jpg (40KB, 476x600px) Image search: [Google]
Failed6.jpg
40KB, 476x600px
>>36221888
Yeah... This guy too got his face blown off but he looks just fine. Il post a pic of him w his face blown off after this post desu.
>>
File: FAILED5.jpg (37KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
FAILED5.jpg
37KB, 500x350px
>>36222940
Shesh.. It hurts just too look at.
>>
>>36222994
that's pretty clearly just split into two pieces
they literally just stitched it back where it's supposed to go
>>
>>36221684

If its done with proper ammo and the guy points it straight to the brain he wouldnt have a head at all after pulling the trigger.
>>
Why not shoot your heart instead?
>>
>>36223142
Why not use a knife? People usually want a painless suicide.
>>
>>36223130
where would you define as "straight to the brain" are we talking through the mouth?
>>
>>36223052
The inside of his face is blown out, not to mention his his tongue, they would have had to reconstruct the inside of his face to fix this.
>>
File: Untitled.png (97KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
97KB, 640x400px
>>36221684

like this yall
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.