[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/ I have no friends and have shit grades at university

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1474993685825.jpg (112KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
1474993685825.jpg
112KB, 803x737px
Hey /r9k/ I have no friends and have shit grades at university and kind of want to kill myself here, so I was thinking about dropping out and joining the military?

1. Should I do it?

2. What if I told you my parents were fully paying for my college tuition?

3. How should I go about telling this to my parents if the answer to both of the above is "yes"?
>>
why waste your time and youth on the military when you could just become a NEET living on tuition while satisfying your military fetish by doing /diy/ and /out/ shit?
>>
>>36218762
i think if you are serious about it, start conditioning, semester is almost over, at the end of the semester bring it up to your parents your grades, and you are looking for a new career path in the military. You are a big boy, you can make your own choices, but military isnt something you just to back out of, they own your ass
>>
>>36218837
Because my dad will eventually find my shit grades that my mom's been hiding, and I don't even know what will happen when that happens. I will never be able to become a neet because my dad is a hard ass and would throw me onto the streets before that happened.
>>
File: 1458013399464.jpg (588KB, 3154x2493px) Image search: [Google]
1458013399464.jpg
588KB, 3154x2493px
>>36218762
One of the major complaints about the university experience is that you accrue life changing debt as a result. Being able to learn any subject to the point of it become a marketable skill without tacking on a cent of expense is such a grand opportunity. The fact that you've squandered it by getting shit grades is disappointing.

I don't know about the rest, but I urge you to understand this part in a vacuum.
>>
>>36218855
The thing is my mom knows about the grades (though she'll never admit that because it might tear apart the family), but my dad doesn't and I've been telling him I've been getting A's and B's because he said if I get a C or below I have to pay for that course. I don't really want to bring up the shit grades. Also I registered for summer classes and I don't know if I'll be able to get my money back. Money really isn't an issue but I'd feel guilty about that idk.

I lift so I'm in decent shape but I definetly need to start getting on a treadmill because my stamina is kind of shit.
>>
>>36218939
I just lack the dicipline I don't know. I never got over my senioritis or something. Plus with the lack of social interaction I think I've gotten kind of depressed. I understand what an idiot I am and how I'm just making excuses but thats just leading me down this rabbithole where it makes me want to kill myself instead of motivating me and just don't know what do fuck. It was stupid of me to go to a college so far away from home but it seemed exciting.

A part of me wanting to join the military is also because I think I might grow as person.
>>
>>36218985
you can survive without a degree, hell if money is a big deal, fasfa and pay for it later on a loan, D is for diploma, university is about what programs you can get into and which professor you figurativly suck cock to get into unpayed internships whats ur major?
>>
>>36219078
I'm studying Informatics, but I'm not even in the school yet. If I wasn't retarded I'd get into it next semester, but I need a 2.0 gpa and I have a 1.45 which puts me on probation, my gpa's not going to improve that much after this semester which will put me on critical probation probably and if I don't get off critical during that semester then I'm kicked out.
>>
>>36219073
I'm an anonymous voice on a Taiwanese Fishmonger Bulletin Board, not an authority figure. I don't want you to try and "solve" how you squandered the opportunity, but to simply understand it. If you do talk to your parents about it, then it undoubtedly color the conversation.

If it were up to me, the suicidal ideation would supersede any fear of rejection from your parents because it's literally your life on the line. Tell them how guilty you feel squandering the blessing and how you want to grow as a person. Explain yourself because if you don't, then your problems will only get worse.
>>
>>36219253
Thanks m8. I don't think I'll even actually kill myself but for the first time in my life I've been thinking repeatedly about hanging myself or something. I wish so badly I could redo even just up to when I got to spring break. I had a chance to turn things around so they weren't as shit but of course I was too much of an idiot. Really I was getting even all A's up until early february and then I got high on benadryl because there was a thread on here about it and I was feeling very lonely. I've never wanted to have a redo button so badly in my life. I've never been so uncertain of my future before.

Honestly the military service doesn't scare me so much but the idea that I won't be able to turn back from it and that it will be a life changing decision that will completely change my trajectory then what I thought my life plan was really scares me.

I keep thinking I'll be able to get my fucking act together and I know I've been retarded but I'll completely change but I thought that at the end of last semester and look where I am now.
>>
>>36219192
jeez, a 1.45 on a degree easy enough for women, i thought ud atleast be a 2.5 doing STEM. How could you get a gpa that low? Unless you are droping classes after the deadline or not showing up to some.
>>
>>36219635
Not showing up and turning in work is a big one. I got all D's last semester and it looks like it'll end up something like that this semester unless by some miracle I'm able to get a few of them to C's.
>>
>>36219490
its still the same semester, finals count for almost all your grade, ace or do good during finals and u will be fine
>>
i think you should consider becoming an officer. This will require you to complete college though, but theres alot more benefits than just enlisting. officers are (lieutenant, captain, major, colonel, general, etc.)
>>
>>36219799
What degrees are best for that? Do they assign you an mos based on your degree? Would it be retarded to become an officer with a stem degree but shit gpa?
>>
>>36219722
At my University finals and midterms are worth a lot less for some reason and classwork is worth a lot more. I usually do well on my exams so i do still have a hope though there are a few classes where I'm not sure if it'll be enough.

I honestly fucking hate the way they do that here I was kind of excited about university because I thought I'd be able to slack and then study a week before exams and get decent grades, but no tons of classwork is involved like its fucking highschool.
>>
>>36219799
I'm thinking about joining the military to get out of college. That just sounds like the worst of both worlds for me.
>>
keep up college make your parents proud
>>
different degrees help you with different things. But basicalyl as long as you have a 4 year degree you'll be accepted to OCS (officers candidate school).
>>
>>36219963
bumping thread
originalol post
>>
>>36219963
Like I said
>I'm thinking about joining the military to get out of college. That just sounds like the worst of both worlds for me.
>>
>>36218762
Uni is a fucking meme. Go to trade school, be out in a year or two, get work in field almost right away.
>>
File: how2beneet4evah.jpg (118KB, 754x494px) Image search: [Google]
how2beneet4evah.jpg
118KB, 754x494px
>>36218762
>kind of want to kill myself here
OP, if you want to commit suicide, then a military death is best for you. If you off yourself, no one's going to give a shit. If you die in battle, however, you'll be remembered as a hero, ect.
>get remembered every sept. 11
> "Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the marine corps lives forever. Therefore, you live forever."

but if you want this as a career choice, then i gotta tell you: the amount of shit you have to put up with is not reflected very well in your paycheck. It's a great thing if you want some stories or you want to be prepped if shit hits the fan but that's about it.
>I was getting even all A's up until early february
looks like you got what it takes to finish this meme degree. If it's about the money fill out the dang FASFA and get a job at McDonks to help pay for the tuition.

The army might be nice as a part time thing, and if ur asshole of a dad kicks you out you can stay in the barracks (it's alot cheaper then renting) The reserves are the best bet if you really want this but you should do your reaserch before you join up so you know exactly how committed you need to be in the reserves, ect. For example, in cuckanada a reservist has to at least serve one night a week or one weekend a month. They can't deploy you or send you to another base. You can work as much as you want or as little as you want (as mentioned above). All these perks are nullified if you're not in the reserve, tho

TL:DR do your research and good luck man
>>
>be beta cuck
>join marine corps
>gain confidence
>6 years later
>married
>make 60k a year with tons of benifets
>infantry squad leader, teach marines how to kill stuff
>most deployments consist of going to Japan or Australia and getting drunk 75% of the time or booze Cruz with the navy around the world for 6 months
It's a stressful life but it changes everyone for the better
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.