[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello r9k Stupid anon from last week who was here asking for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Hello r9k
Stupid anon from last week who was here asking for help wirh numbers again
This time the question is, prove that in the time interval 0 less than or equal to t and t less than or equal to 4, the average speeds of the T-rex and the Triceratops is the same

It's a physics question apparently
>>
>>36212706
>cant evaluate the integral of a function composed of straight lines on a fucking grid
I'd tell you to go to /sci/, but they'd also call you retarded.

Brainlets should be culled
>>
>>36212706
go back to escuela pablo
>>
>>36212706
The average value for a straight line is ( f(final t) - f(initial t) ) / 2

Compute this and see they're the same.
>>
>>36212756
/sci/ specifically says not to ask for help with homework

>>36212799
Bitch I'm trying
>>
>>36212806
( f(final t) - f(initial t) ) / 2 + f(initial t), sorry
>>
I'm still not fucking getting it
Goddamn
>>
The only time I get numbers that are the same when I try to do this with the numbers over there is when t = 3 but that's for all I know a coincidence so how am I supposed to look at this?
>>
>>36213157
750 - 150 = 600
600 / 2 = 300
300 + 150 = 450

Are you supposed to do this with integrals or with simple straight line math?
>>
>>36213195
I honestly don't know
I was given this book and this problem is the first one under a paragraph named "scalar kinematics"
It's not a very good book for explaining things, I just have it for the problems
>>
>>36213195
Hmm
Why the + 150?
>>
>>36212756
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

YOU'RE JUST AS BAD AS CHADS BORN WITH GREAT FACIAL GENETICS

GO CULL YOURSELF YOU UGLY FUCKING FUCK

RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36213318
It's okay anon
Just like ugly fucks can get plastic surgery to get better us brainlets can study to get better
Don't mind him
>>
>>36213285
750 - 150 gives you the distance between the two points (start and end of the line)
600 / 2 gives you the distance from each point to the average value, therefore
150 + 300 gives you the average value ( and same for 750 -300 )
>>
>>36213368
Oh I think my problem was the 2
I was getting a wrong value cause I was doing 600/4
But that would be the case only if the time interval was counting the whole thing from 0 to 8 instead of just 0 to 4 like it was asked
Right?
If not then I'm not sure why I fucked up
>>
>>36213263
just use the kinematic equations man. if their distance traveled within a time interval is the same, it follows that their average speeds are equivalent. so compute their distances traveled using a kinematic equation
>>
>>36213453
It will always be 2 because you want the midpoint between the start and the end. The halfway point is in the middle, hence / 2. Think graphically.
>>
>>36213492
If this information wasn't given in graph form then how would it work?
>>
>>36213368
So all you need the time for to calculate this was to know which part of the graph they want you to look at?
>>
>>36213368
Isn't the average speed just distance/time?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.