[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how many languages do you speak? I'm trying to learn russian

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1491089158183.png (80KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1491089158183.png
80KB, 500x475px
how many languages do you speak? I'm trying to learn russian but it's not working out. any tips?
>>
>>36200630
See >>36200579

Say you are not a native but you guys should meet.

I know English and Spanish.
>>

English fluently, Irish fluently, French and Japanese badly
>>
>>36200630
well, assuming my english is proficient...

>>
Just one. English. But I've started to teach myself spanish recently, so the goal is to bump the number to 2.
>>
I speak English, American and Australian! I am also sort of good at Canadian.
>>
>>36200630
Nyet

Also, write out the English Alphabet and then take the Cyrllic Alphabet and apply which letters make the same sound going down, and then add anything else to learn from there. It'll make it more simple for you to learn.

Then you can go from there and learn basic communication and syntax.
>>
I know Spanish but pretend to be ignorant in public so I can hear the spics hablamierda acerca mi ojo.
>>
>>36200630
English, french, and I'm learning Russian. Privet, kak dela?
>>
English, decent French, very basic Italian.
>>
I speak french fluently
>>
>>36200842
fuit moi si'l vous plait
>>
>>36200855
Me demandes-tu de te fuire ?
>>
File: 1480803147802.png (236KB, 650x563px) Image search: [Google]
1480803147802.png
236KB, 650x563px
I can only speak two languages. But since one of them is portuguese, I can understand a good deal of spanish as well. I've been trying to learn japanese, since I'm a huge weeb. But it's a lot harder than english. And I'm quite lazy. I gave up after learning the kanas. That's like giving up after learning the alphabet. I'll never gonna read those precious untranslated mangas, am I?
>>
>>36200630
English, Spanish, and Japanese

Original comment do not steal
>>
Russian and English fluently. Recently started learning Jap, know not really much so far.
>36200799
Zayebis'. A ti?
>>
>>36200982
If you do, I expect you to translate Immortal Hounds.
>>
>>36201017
Xhoroshua (I have never seen this word spelled out.)
>>
>>36200630
Im in the same boat as you OP, trying to learn russian is exhausting.
Since i already speak spanish i was thinking of picking up french or italian.
>>
>>36200630
Learn the alphabet first
It isn't too hard, I never learned Russian but I did learn some of the alphabet
There's letters that look and sound like ours
Letters that look like ours that don't sound like ours
And letters that don't look like ours but do sound like them
And very few unique ones like that weird x is zh I think
>>
Spanish and english.
Trying to learn Latin and Mandarin.
>any tips?
Just keep grinding, try to soak yourself with the language: visit russian forums, watch videos in russian, even if you just understand one word here and there, it gives you that satisfaction from learning, plus you get used to hearing common idioms and see how what you've learned relates to what is actually spoken.
Also keep a dictionary close by. If you have a phone or tablet, dictionaries for perhaps all languages (even latin!) are available.
>>
>>36200630
just English

my mum is fluent in sign language and has tried to teach it to me, but I never really picked it up

I'd like to learn German in the future
>>
>>36200630
I can only speak English but I too have tried learning Russian. Its been about 7 months now and I can only say basic things and it takes me hours to write a coherent paragraph about a basic topic. Fucking cases... fucking animate and inanimate, fucking aspects... fucking genders and plurals, I know the pain. I guess practice is the only thing meant to help you improve.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.