[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the internet (incl r9k) say that Boomers had it easy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Why does the internet (incl r9k) say that Boomers had it easy?

Boomers...

-Got drafted into decades long wars against their will
-Had very little rights for women/minorities, had to go out and get beaten (along with Silent generation) before they saw anything even remotely close to equality.
-Very little access to college education
-No internet or cellphones, let alone smartphones. (Even the richest boomers had none of this). Boomers had to literally make/invent their own.
-No widespread air conditioning
-Tiny shitty houses and shitty cars.
-Worked soulless factory job etc.

Millennials

-Only go to war if they volunteer
-Have way more human rights and need to find weird esoteric things to complain about like "manspreading".
-High levels of college education
-Internet and cellphones bought for them by boomer parents.
-Live in parents McMansions

And yet still millennials scream bloody murder if anyone says they are entitled or spoiled. Because they might have to work a shitty job or they have student loan debt (nevermind college is a huge privilege anyway).

Idgi.
>>
>>36192615
>muh generations
Created by ad men to sell shit, became a meme for pol fags and the news
>>
>>36192693

I've seen it on r9k too. Its so silly. History has universally been getting better and better but millennials decided that they actually have it worse because "student debts". Like...you paid for that education because it was worth the money!

Its like a millionnaire buying a new yacht and then complaining about his yacht debt and how his life is now harder than the poor suckers taking the bus to work. For shame.
>>
The economy was booming. House are unaffordable now. Also boomers didn't have to go to draft if they had an older vrother, and since people had on average 6 kids, that wasn't likely. They didn't NEED a college edcation to get a decent job. The smartphone thing is bollocks since you can track that back to the generation before: "Fucking boomers with their pop music, tvs and big cars, we didn't have that." Same with airco.

>shitty cars
Fuck off. They had big ass fucking cars.

>worked soulless factory jobs
Those jobs are still here. Now with computers.

>womens rights
were a mistake, patriarchy worked.

oh right
>women volunteered to be like men but still want more and more rights
>>
>>36192979

>The economy was booming.

Nah it wasn't. Not when boomers entered the labor force in the 70s anyway. Boomers saw the end of the post war economic boom just as they were entering the labor force.

>Also boomers didn't have to go to draft if they had an older vrother, and since people had on average 6 kids, that wasn't likely

No? Where do you get that only oldest sons could be drafted? That wans't the case then or even now.

>you can track that back to the generation before: "Fucking boomers with their pop music, tvs and big cars, we didn't have that." Same with airco.

Of course. But I don't see boomers claiming they have it harder than the silent or g.i. generations. I do see millennials claiming they have it harder than boomers, which is just absurd.

>Fuck off. They had big ass fucking cars.

With no air conditioning or gps, and worse safety standards. Next.

>Those jobs are still here. Now with computers.

Yeah so millennials don't have to do them anymore and can work relatively much cushier service jobs.
>>
Couldn't you just, you know, compare their actual earnings and standards of living instead of using these bizarre proxies?
>>
>>36193548

Standards of living includes luxuries like internet, smart phone, as well as human rights etc.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.