[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another job interview, another failure: >so anon, it says

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_2605.png (573KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2605.png
573KB, 710x842px
Another job interview, another failure:

>so anon, it says here the last time your worked was 4 months ago.
>what have you been doing since?
>n-nothing

What's the fucking point.
>>
>>36190222
Here's the issue pal. You can't tell them you haven't been doing anything. It just makes you look unproductive. Instead, try telling them you've taken up something new. Whatever it may be. Just make sure that whatever you say you're learning, it could possibly contribute to how you'd fit in well with their company.
>>
"My mother fell ill. I was taking care of her. She is better now".
>>
>>36190222
I've been working with my to start a business. Boom, you got the job. Just lie you dumb faggot.
>>
>>36190325

Here's the thing; I have nothing. I finished college so what else could I possibly say? I feel so depressed after that interview anon.
>>
>>36190222

Nigga you just lie and say volunteer work here and there, small things
>>
>>36190372

What do you mean boom? What the fuck are you even saying anon?
>>
>>36190222
Tell them you've been going to other interviews and generally looking for a job.
>>
>>36190423

I followed up saying that I was looking for the right job. It's still shit.
>>
File: 1491914238237.jpg (60KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491914238237.jpg
60KB, 852x480px
what a coincidence i got fired today.
wanna take my place where the boss(female) literally screams at you 0/24 and calling you a human waste for being a male?also this was my very first job so if it doesnt gonna get any better after this im gonna neck myself.
>>
>>36190375
Lie out your ass, claim you have been teaching yourself to do ___ over the last few years but things didn't work out how you planned so you decided it was time to get a stable income, worked for me.
>starting first job at 23
>>
ahaha dude just lie about it tell them you have some dead end job
>>
>>36190800

That was 4 months ago anon. Unless I lie and say I worked up until last month but they'll still require a reference and if they actually contact the person they'll just out you.
>>
are you the same anon who posted a screenshot of his HR rep's profile with his name left in earlier?
>>
>>36190325
wrong, it's not to show you're productive, it's to show that you can't be talked into a corner like an autistic sperg. it's a social test
>>
>>36190882

Lslhagsjjeqb, no.
>>
>>36190222
Where do I get a hoody like this lads?
>>
File: megumin.jpg (407KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
megumin.jpg
407KB, 1280x720px
>>36190222
Counselor who helps me out with techniques for getting a job said that a good thing to say if they mention a gap would be that a family member was sick so you were taking care of them
>>
>>36190222
i have a two year gap in my resume when i was neet due to severe anxiety and a suicide attempt.

i usually go with "i was travelling" if they ask where, make something up. don't offer much information and don't make it look like you want to talk about it.
"o yeah, it was awesome experiencing another culture, but i'm ready to settle down and get to work"
>>
>>36191081

Hey anon this might work. Doesn't sound as fucking retard as taking care of a sick family member.
>>
>4 months

Nigga I haven't had a job since I was born.
>>
>>36191089

*retarded

Nigger, nagger, nayger.
>>
>>36190222
"I had to battle through a very severe illness which persisted for months. It was a real pain, but I managed it & am ready to get back to working, haha!"

The secret to success is lying & never telling the truth, anon
>>
>>36191124
"i have aids"

then spit on the interviewer.
>>
Oh shut the fuck up, try 5 years you fucking faggot. How am i even suppose to look my potential employer in the eyes?
>>
>>36190222
Ooohh shit do they actually ask this shit? I saved lots of money then just decided not to work for a while because I could afford it. Is this a good enough reason or will Normie's look down on not working anyway?
>>
Man I'm fucked, I haven't had a job in 7 months
>>
>>36191169

Ya they'll look down on you. Funny thing is that my interviewer was a half-nog. I mean most nog males at my age haven't gotten their first job yet.
>>
>>36191162
just Do this >>36190790

Lying is the only way to achieve anything in life.
>>
>>36191203
But if anything me being able to afford self sufficient neetdom should be something to look up to. I don't get the with culture.
>>
>>36191008
I don't think that's fair. I think its more plausible that they'd care whether or not you've been productive rather than caring about avoiding being talked into a corner. But I guess that depends what job you're looking for.
>>36190375
You should be able to find work if you went to college though. Unless you majored in gender studies, then I dunno. What'd you do in college?
>>
>>36191237

OP here, give me an example as to what I should say in that example?
>>
>>36190222
Just fucking lie anon, just fucking lie already holy shit why in the world would you tell that you're a complete loser?
>>
Just tell them you were travelling, idiot.
>>
>>36191288

Business admin and the job I applied for was an entry level marketing and sales. The company was pretty decent looking, didn't bother researching though.

I think taking business in college is also fucking worthless.
>>
>>36191308

you're implying people are gullible and don't know when you lie unless you're a sociopath and so full of your shit. That just ain't me anon. But the travelling thing another anon said seems like a very good excuse.
>>
>>36191291
just about anything that could be turned into a job, welding, carpentry, any type of computer related stuff (software development, web development, ect), there's dozens of things you could lie about just make sure its something not related to the job your going to get so you don't have to prove you really where doing it.
>>
>>36191338
it's what women take in order to become secretaries. then they delude themselves into thinking they can "climb the corporate ladder" or "start their own business"

seriously, anyone i've ever met that's majored in business is an unskilled moron. the only thing they excel in is using charisma to manipulate others into doing their work and calling it "management"
>>
>>36191369
Honestly I don't think they care if you seem like you might be lying, they just want to hear something that is not "uhhh nothing really" when they ask, unless your trying to get a job out of your league they just want to see if you at least have some kind of excuse beyond being a loser autist.
>>
I haven't had a job in five years. How the fuck do I explain that gap?
>>
>>36191369
Yeah, people are pretty fucking gullible anon. Unless you're applying for a high ranking position that pays really well you don't have to worry about them calling your bullshit unless it's really obvious bullshit.

Lying literally got me a job. 50% of my answers in the job interview was total bullshit.

Just lie already jesus.
>>
>>36191451
You swallow your pride and make a very convincing lie.

If you apply for a regular run of the mill job like working at a grocery store and you have an ok excuse, but are very presentable and make a good impression, you will get hired.
>>
I got my job by telling my interviewer that i had been unemployed for 4 years and needed a job because i was sick of being useless
>>
>>36191499
This could also work but brutal honesty only goes so far, I simplistic lie works better.
>>
>>36191451
you just keep applying to jobs until you find one that is desperate enough for workers that they higher you
t. fat idiot that hasn't worked for a year but got hired for a lead sales position and given keys to the store and the safe combinations and put in charge of counting the cash deposit on my first day

usually the company is extremely bad if they're that desperate so as soon as you get that job immediately start looking for another job
most jobs love interviewing people who are still actively working
>>
im looking for a job to get insurance for my chronic illness but if I tell the employer I have this debilitating disease they wont hire me. What a pickle im in oboy
>>
>>36191514
>higher
holy shit i mean hire
god damn
>>
>>36191338
If you majored in business admin here are some lies you can tell for next time:
>I was playing the stock market
>Learning html
>Learning data science on coursera
Learn enough to bs 2 minutes of conversation on whatever your lie is and you'll be good.
>>
>>36190788
are you this gentleman >>36186604
>>
>>36191451
Volunteer somewhere to start and ask your volunteer leader to get you a job.
>>
>>36191662

Anon even if you volunteer they'll ask you for a resume and job experience.
>>
>>36191629

Yes this also sounds good. I'll be honest I wasn't prepared for the interview still that question got to me...
>>
File: 299278.jpg (25KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
299278.jpg
25KB, 225x350px
>>36190790
I got my first job at 22 (this year) and got fired after 10 DAYS.

Now ill go at it again but i feel kinda defeated already.
>>
>>36190222
What an idiot. You could at least said you was looking up for another place to work.
>>
>>36191710
What did you do to get fired?

origamini
>>
>>36190222
why didn't you fucking lie you worthless cunt?

>"oh well, I went to Africa to with [some shitty chairty] you see, I had a lovely time, but oh boy it hard work, very rewarding though and I'd love to do it again"

I put that lie on everything I apply to and I've never been rejected, maybe I shoot way under my weight, but it's still a good lie regardless, nobody is going to fucking check that and you look like a turbo well adjusted super normie
>>
>>36191800

>oh anon you went to Africa?
>why aren't you tanned?

What does a white Canadian say anon?

Another example:
>i visited Finland and Sweden
>for 4 months anon?
>....
>>
>>36191800
Based anon has it right. Also good lie I might use that.
>>
>>36191770
Bumperino desu senpai
>>
>>36191770
i honestly have no clue
they told me "it wasnt my thing" and that they saw i wasnt comfortable there (lies)
i guess i was too slow?

some of my friends however told me it was that im too expressionless and i cant work with people which might be the case

anyways now i want to die. It took me like two years to get that stupid job and with each passing month its more and moooore difficult. I could also just ask my family for money and start my own bussiness but aghghghg i dont have any ideas and it feels cheap. Ill just be a fucking failure.
>>
>>36191680
Do you have any education/job experience from 5 years ago?
You can always volunteer at some homeless ministry thing at a church without a resume or job experience. I think there are other volunteer oportunities that don't require much background.
>>
>>36191949
What kind of job was it?
fdgdfh
>>
>>36191975

I'm the OP not the other person.
>>
>>36191949
Did you know anyone there at your old job? You should ask them if they have any more info on why you got fired. That's pretty weird that you don't even know why
>>
File: 56083907_p42_master1200.jpg (345KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
56083907_p42_master1200.jpg
345KB, 800x800px
>>36192003
serving food to tables in an uniform
aka waitress

now everyone rees

>>36192042
no i dont, and also it was sorta humiliating and i dont want to know much more. I decided ill just try for jobs that dont require interacting with clients but that makes it even more difficult. Im thinking of trying to get a job as a translator even when i dont have a title. Or i dont know. Its kinda pure despair right now.
>>
>>36192083
>aka waitress
are you a grill
>>
>>36190222
>why havent you been working

I left my job 4 months ago to move in wity my ill mother and take care of her during recovery.

There, idiot. Caring, loyal, and have values. Model employee
>>
>>36192094
yes, no, maybe, who knows, thats not important
>>
>>36192149
>thats not important
it is because if you are i'm gonna save you from despair
>>
File: 58407920_p5_master1200.jpg (279KB, 850x932px) Image search: [Google]
58407920_p5_master1200.jpg
279KB, 850x932px
>>36192180
how so?

original interest and doubt
>>
>>36192112

>come on anon, you got to be kidding me
>If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that I'd not being working here anymore

How do you respond faggot?
>>
>>36192206
how is it important? i don't care about boys
how am i gonna save you? i'll show you later
>>
>>36192247
okay, but i have no interest in selling panties or nudes or any bullshit like that
>>
just say "learning to code" and show them your freehosted website and a link to your github with meme licenses to prove it is your own codes, that is what I am doing
>>
>>36192270
>okay, but i have no interest in selling panties or nudes or any bullshit like that
what the fuck
that is not what i had in mind and it's troublesome that you think i did
>>
>>36192233
No ones going to say that, and if they did you just stick to your story.
>>
>>36192324
We're on 4chan and you're talking to some depressed thing who's doting on how it's been fired. Sex related activities are probably the biggest prospect for it now.

But I'd also suggest for >>36192270 to try some self education. You can teach yourself how to program. Code Academy is still free! I teach myself about different things when I'm motivated to, like I looked for information ont he human brain not too long ago and some differences between a healthy brain, an addicts and ALS. Interesting stuff!
>>
File: 57968458_p0_master1200.jpg (537KB, 800x1183px) Image search: [Google]
57968458_p0_master1200.jpg
537KB, 800x1183px
>>36192486
Yeah well thats another problem, im kinda too dumb for coding. Tried to learn and it was annoyingly boring. Which saddens me so much since seems like such a good thing to learn.

Anything else i could learn to improve myself? I have been reading bussiness books recently, its something but feels useless.
>>
>>36192545
How many different languages did you try? Personally I'm only interested in ini but you might find one for you, try the phone apps for practice. I also got the pythagorea app just to make sure I didn't let my brain turn to mush.

If you're into business, maybe try stocks or look into being a consultant or accounting maybe?
>>
File: 60733829_p25_master1200.jpg (295KB, 850x966px) Image search: [Google]
60733829_p25_master1200.jpg
295KB, 850x966px
>>36192657
This talk is making me sulk even more. Im not good at numbers anyways. I dont know why im even bothering.

Sorry, ima go cry myself to sleep. Ill find something eventually.
>>
>>36192717
> Im not good at numbers anyways.
You think I am? I failed my algebra class twice and got forced through graduation. The point is, if you stop trying then you truly won't improve. We just need to keep brainstorming is all. I'm just trying to find something suited to you.

Also get a few apps on your phone and practice, not like you have anything to lose and it's always nice to be able to do calculations on the fly and it might help you later with taxes!

With your waitress job, did you try to talk to the customers much or were you straight to the point? Like "Hi I'm Anon, what can I get for you?" Or did you try to get a little more personal? I always tried to make jokes or talk about current events and the weather to make people feel more comfortable.
>>
>>36192946
Ah, i tried to be nice but then again i have this super expressionless face and also my boss told me didnt have to lose time talking with customers so i kinda went directly to the point all the time. Then i just got fired.

Well honestly im despairing but at the same time im not planning on giving up. Ill try coding again i guess. I feel like this world is full of opportunities and is just that im not imaginative or bold enough to go for them. Yet. ALSO im studying law but its shitty because i dont want to be a lawyer at all, is just that i already did so much of it and i want a title, any title. But my life plan so far is once i finish moving to canada or someplace cold and working in a hotel or in whatever and saving some money and then thinking about my own bussiness. But its going to be difficult af because i never did any bussiness before and im probably not cut to be a leader but oh well ill try i guess. Ill fail too. Then ill just be a idriguhglk.

Thanks for the space, im just ranting.
>>
>>36192717
Are you in europe? Gib skype before sleeping, i wanna talk more tomorrow
>>
>>36193108
In our rants, ideas come forth!

Your old boss is a prick, why wouldn't they want you to be friendlier with people I mean, better chance they'll come back! I had a lot of regulars who would enjoy talking to me and I'd know their order as soon as I saw them. Some could tell if I made their food too.

If you're getting into law I'd say try a defense attorney, it's not fun but you'll have constant work I think. I have a cousin going for it (or she stopped because she didn't want to defend a guilty person) but it's great money and you could also try to be a corporate lawyer! If you can become business savvy then you look even better!

As for coding, if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work but like I said, check out the different languages because you probably saw C+ or C++ and they're not always fun. But I like ini so what do I know! I am considering python though but I don't know what I'd do with it.
>>
>>36193108
>i have this super expressionless face
Fuck I know this feel. People always think I'm angry which I'm not, just sad and really tired.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.