[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Politics r9k

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4132.jpg (380KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4132.jpg
380KB, 1160x629px
Why is American politics so confusing? Confusing in the sense that you don't really know who is really right and wrong and these opinions are just entirely subjective.

Should we promote prayer in schools?
This is the right thing to do according to Christian Republicans. But Democrats usually oppose this because of religious freedom. But is one side actually right and the other is wrong? It's subjective. It's like tastes in food or music.

Then there is this never ending loop. It's repetitive. Every day, every month and every year it's the same bickering about this and that from both sides. Very few seem to actually go out and make some real changes based on what they believe in.

What about the "one side or the other" mentality? If you're not a republican, you're a democrat and vice versa. It's too weird to actually have views from both sides or to actually think that it is nonsensical and that it simply serves as a distraction from the shady shit going on behind the scenes in the old gov.

My favorite problem is the death of debate. Another words, Americans can no longer debate politics or current event issues without offending each and getting very vindictive and personal with each other. They invest too much emotion into their argument just to prove that they're right and not to actually discuss and potentially learn. Politics has become a form of abuse and "vengeance" towards people you don't like. It has turned into a cesspool of emotional immaturity, behaviors encouraging belittling and bullying others etc.
>>
>>36183668
Political parties were a mistake. In fact, George Washington was against parties.
>>
>>36183851
He was. It started with the second president and then it lead to a civil war with the most casualties of any US involved war. Now to this day, Americans are still bitching against each other about the same issues.
>>
>>36183851
george washington was (esp. in the context of the other 'founding fathers') kind of a brainlet. if he was onto something with the admonition against faction it was less the product of political genius and more the product of him parroting the same kind of speech a lot of his contemporaries would make a bit more eloquently. seriously, the dude got the job because he was a war hero, not because he was some kind of philosopher-king in the making

>>36183668
>you don't really know who is really right and wrong and these opinions are just entirely subjective.

this is literally the deal with politics anywhere, always, in any context.
political questions by definition don't have "objective" right/wrong answers.
if one side was objectively right then why would anyone believe otherwise?

>Very few seem to actually go out and make some real changes based on what they believe in.
american government is resistant to easy change (and for good reason)
the idea of a republic is that we elect representatives to make change for us

>If you're not a republican, you're a democrat and vice versa
no you're not
this is very dumb
the republican platform is all about social conservatism and free market economic policy. the democratic platform is all about social liberalism and top-down controls over the economy. all of their specific positions arise from these fundamental philosophies. plenty of people don't buy these philosophies or only support one because it is preferable to supporting the other.

>Americans can no longer debate politics or current event issues without offending each and getting very vindictive and personal with each other

this was literally never possible
there was no golden age of american public debate
the athenian forum was always imaginary
seriously, if you read anything jefferson or hamilton or so forth wrote to each other, particularly when they disagreed, they absolutely come off as vindictive and personal.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 530x856px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 530x856px
>>36183668
Both parties are in the hands of special interests, I vote republican because at least they might lower my taxes and allow me to own guns. Both support nation building which is bad
>>
It's because 1984 is literally the manual to the soul of the anglosphere. They hold the idea of objective truth in disdain while simultaneously insisting that there exists an objectively correct way to govern.
>>
>>36183668
It's a front for the (((bankers))).
Parties are a lie.

Even the dichotomy between the left and right are contrived to divide us.

The truth is the that we are born debt slaves to the Rothschild.
>>
Politics on /r9k/, You That will brings /pol/ here. Don't ne surprises if You see paradoxal arguments.
>>
>>36184479
i feel like i'm having a stroke
>>
>>36184489
Sorry, I wanted to write: Don't be surprised if you see paradoxal beliefs.
>>
>>36183668
Everyone is wrong, especially when it comes to American "politics" and "democracy".
>>
>>36183668
>What about the "one side or the other" mentality? If you're not a republican, you're a democrat and vice versa. It's too weird to actually have views from both sides or to actually think that it is nonsensical and that it simply serves as a distraction from the shady shit going on behind the scenes in the old gov.
This aspect of it is much worse than the actual policies of either side.
>>
I'm not even /pol/ but even I know politics is cunningly manufactured via the media. News, movies, music, you name it. Political parties are a tool of illusion - allowing the public to believe they have an influence on the system.

The illuminati is behind it all. Yes they're real, and now they're making a not-so-subtle effort for you to know they exist, since the shift is very close now. Look at the fucking dollar bill for crying out loud. It's all masonic, satanic and jewish. All the stars etc add up to their special numbers like 13, 33, etc. All taken from Egyptian mysticism. The Egyptians were a very advanced race of people, yet most their knowledge is esoteric.

The illuminati own and script nearly all mass-media outlets to fashion the world in a way that keeps us under their control. Politics is literally nothing but a distraction which divides us even more.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.