[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4067.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4067.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
Is there really a God? I think I have lost my faith desu. I grew up believing in the Christian God because I was encouraged to go to church by my parents. I stopped going at some point and just recently I told someone today that I am not a Christian. I still want to believe in a God and I actually do think there is one.
>>
>>36183178
Yes, there is only one God

The Christian God
>>
>>36183178
You can directly ask him to [email protected]
>>
>>36183178
There's probably no god. There's no good way of knowing, so just do whatever. Life isn't serious business.
>>
>>36183178
why would you believe in god kek

worshipping someone who doesn't give a fuck about you is equivalent to being a beta orbiter
>>
>>36183178
Of course there is a God. Are you really so retarded to think that everything just came out of nothing for no reason? That matter just happened to arrange itself to create life by sheer chance? C'mon man, only the most autistic fedora tippers believe that shit.
>>
>>36183255
Where are the proofs

Origilol
>>
>>36183281
The proof is that there is something instead of nothing.
>>
Earth is an energy farm. When you die don't let them trick you into reincarnating
>>
>>36183255
You only think there's something special about matter being arranged like this because you're arranged like this.
>>
>>36183293
Inanimate matter spontaneously arranging itself to give consciousness is nothing short of a miracle. Only the most extreme brainlets think it's something that could just happen without there being a higher intelligence at work.
>>
>>36183178
Anon you so like a christian to me.

You still believe at least.

Is being christian out of style? Last decade it was huge.
>>
>>36183289
You can't prove that. Who's to say that the universe in itself is the creator? Unless you are including this in your definition of God
>>
>>36183319
What's so special about consciousness?
>>
>>36183325
Nothing has no properties. Something with no properties cannot create something because creation would require some property innate to the thing creating.
>>
>>36183428
Riddle me this then my friend, what came before God?
>>
>>36183512
Nothing. God, unlike the universe, had no beginning and has no need for the creator. Unfortunately for you friend we know for a fact the universe had a beginning and thus needs a creator.
>>
>>36183568
>we know for a fact
>for a fact

>"The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once."
(Phys.org)

The source wasn't really necessary but the point im making is that you are assuming many things. If you have a source that says without a doubt that the universe had a beginning I'd be glad to hear it.
>>
>>36183805
That wouldn't technically make sense. There has to be a beginning point somewhere, even if its so far back that we'll never even comprehend it.

Besides a good model of 14.4 Billion Years old makes a lot of sense. It allows a God to have spend exactly 2.4 Billions Years a day crafting it, with a final resting day. 1 Day=24 Hours, 1 Day For God=2.4 Billion Years.

Either way, I think a God does exist personally, I can't prove it, I can't disprove it, just a feeling I have that there is something out there. Whether a heaven/hell, valhalla, fiddler's green, sheol, nothing, etc. exists after death though I don't know. I just think there is more to the Universe/Creation than just spontaneity.
>>
>>36183889
>I can't prove it

That's fine, I'm still discovering everything for myself, but don't call anons retarded for not having the same beliefs of you when you can't prove it yourself. It makes you look bad and that doesn't help anyone.
>>
>>36183925
Oh I wasn't that anon, I just happened across the thread actually and felt like tossing in my input.
>>
>>36183805
The entire universe was compressed to the size of an atom at one point. Now physics breaks down beyond that and we can't see beyond that singularity, but I think it's fair to say that it was the event where the universe was created. I think it's being deliberately disingenuous to imply that it's not a completely reasonable assumption that the Big Bang was the event where the universe was created just because our model ceases to work at a certain point.
>>
File: 1491851793556.png (15KB, 160x169px) Image search: [Google]
1491851793556.png
15KB, 160x169px
>>36183178
It's there if you want it to be.

"God" is a pure human construct. It's easier to believe in someone who constantly watches over you and believe you'll get into Heaven.
But it's also harder to accept truth - the laws of physics, the human mortality, etcetera.

It's your choice if you want to purposely stay blind or accept the pain and struggle on.
The both ways do work, really. If I weren't an atheist, I'd cling to faith as hard as I could because I fear death a lot.
Due to our still animalistic nature, most of us still need rituals, as they help to express emotion.

There are many religions out there, choose one you like the most. It mustn't be the one traditional to your circle of society. What could we possibly know - maybe it's not Yahwe nor Jesus, but Yog-Sothoth who has created us and watches over us.

Don't take it seriously.

And also, please, don't come to us with religious propaganda.

Oh, and I think anyone who commit good deeds for the sole purpose of going to Heaven, are going to straight to Hell because of their hypocrisy and dishonesty. The good deeds should be done by those of pure heart.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.