[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preparing for Ghost In The Shell

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: ghost in the shell.jpg (93KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
ghost in the shell.jpg
93KB, 720x340px
What Ghost In The Shell adaptions should I watch before seeing the movie?

I have never watched anything GITS related before.
>>
>>36178996
Just watch the original movie as the new one basically has all of the cool scenes from that. Although I hear people say that the plot line borrows more from stand alone complex.
>>
>>36178996

The first movie is a given. Watch SAC for the sheer enjoyment. Watch Arise for the cool soundtrack. Watch the 2nd movie for the headfuck. I'll probably avoid the live action.
>>
>>36179078
If you're favorite part of the series is the ciber punk aesthetic, then you shouldn't avoid the live action.
>>
>>36178996
She actually looks the part, the faggots crying havent seen the animu let alone the original movie
>>
What to wear to a Ghost In The Shell showing?
>>
>>36178996
movie was boring, I almost fell asleep

some interesting stuff but ultimately none of the actors were anything outside of passable except for the blonde google eye man
>>
>>36178996
If you want to see a real representation of The Ghost in The Shell, otherwise known as The Ghost in The Machine watch i, Robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSospSmAGL4
>>
File: 1480977202984.jpg (10KB, 240x240px)
1480977202984.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
>>36178996
>going to a (((theater))) to see a movie
This is the most normie thing someone can do.
>>
>>36179866

I'm going with my older sister since she wants to see this weekend. She invited me because she wants me to get out of the house more.

It isn't normie.
>>
>>36178996
you'll be a lot less disappointed if you go live-action first, then the rest of it later
>>
>>36179111
So the live action version was worth a damn?
>>
>>36179276
She's not athletic though. She's terrible at action from what I've seen in the Avengers.
>>
>>36180045

Yeah.

Scarlet doesn't go through extensive work outs and training to do better in action scenes. Keanu Reeves dressed as a woman would have been better .
>>
>>36179276
The biggest complaint you will get is people saying she isn't athletic enough which is the case pretty much. She couldn't have run on a treadmill, done some squats, and maybe lift a weight or two for an hour 3 days out of the week? Come on now, you're rich and famous you have the time to afford that to play an upcoming role.
>>
>>36179078
The 1995 movie is a masterpiece of animation

SAC has an amazing story line, although 2nd Gig was weak compared to the first half.

Arise was garbage though. I watched the entire thing and it had very few redeeming qualities. On its own it's passable I guess, but since it carries the GitS name it's natural to compare it to the other works.
>>
>>36180073
I unironically would have enjoyed keanu in drag better than scarlet's acting

He doesn't even have good range as an actor, he just plays one role really well and is a cool guy who doesn't afraid of any training

Fug now I gotta rewatch John Wick 1 again
>>
>Keanu Reeves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhNIu1s45U4
>>
I saw the live action first and then the 1995 animation the same day. Is it wrong that I thought the live action had a more compelling plot? I appreciate subtlety, which the live action movie lacked. Yet I felt unsatisfied after finishing the 1995 animation. Am I just too much of a brainlet to appreciate the themes of the original? Can someone explain to me what i'm missing?
>>
>>36178996
I'll wait until it's out on video so I can fap to my waifu in private
>>
>>36179758
Wear thermal optic camo and sit at home. The live action is not worth watching.
>>
>>36179908
Are you going to bang her?
>>
>>36180231
I haven't seen the live action movie, but from what I've heard it takes elements from SAC. SAC has a more involved story compared to the 1995 movie. The movie is a classic, but you can only cram so much story into a 90 minute film. SAC had 24 episodes (not counting second gig) to flesh out an interesting story and explore different ideas (eg memes and the stand alone complex). Also the original movie broke new ground and some elements from it have been absorbed into pop culture, so it may not seem quite so fresh now. Kind of like The Matrix I suppose.

tldr: Watch the first 24 episodes of SAC
>>
>>36180231
I read Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep before watching Blade Runner.

I can't respect the plot as much as the Noir sci-fi artistry. They absolutely bastardized it.

If you watched the Anime first you'd see the movie in a similar light. Also

>make a movie set in Tokyo
>The boyish female protagonist is literally played by feminine white girl

This triggered my autism enough to just not watch it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.