[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hating roasties is like hating the rich because you are poor.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: wojak.jpg (15KB, 229x246px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
15KB, 229x246px
Hating roasties is like hating the rich because you are poor. It's understandable that you'd do so, but what you should really despise is the system which allows some men to have too much while other men have not enough. You are both the same insomuch as you want more than you have, so how can you fairly judge them for doing what you would also do in their position?

Do you think it would be fair to judge a wild animal for eating the food it has access to, simply because other animals are starving? No, of course not.
>>
>>36175889
The system is going to collapse anyway.
>>
Nobody hates the rich because they are poor. That's like hating fat people because you are hungry. They hate the rich because they use their money to buy favors and influence politics for their own gain, instead of giving for the betterment of mankind. Likewise, you hate fat people because with all the food they have access too, they overindulge and waste instead of giving the excess to people who don't have that access. Your comparison is stupid.
>>
>>36176378

That's a natural byproduct of the system. I was taking it as already understood that rich people will be selfish, because selfishness is a rule.
>>
>>36176540
Nope. People still have the power of choice in this system, and if they choose to be selfish, that's their fault, not the system.
>>
>>36176540
self interest is a rule but once you have the basics (and quite a bit more than that) it's nothing but greed and overblown ego. those are character defects and not necessary for survival. in a different kind of society, there would consequences for a person who hoards an insane excess of resources instead of people admiring or aspiring to the ability to have substantially more than others.
>>
>>36176644

And it's inevitable for most people to choose to be selfish because that's a facet of human nature, so what's the use in hating it?
>>
>>36176378
I hate the fat because they took such shit care of themselves that they are a massive drain on my country's healthcare system, and often pass the same qualities on to their children.

If only we could convince the fat people to eat the rich people, maybe they'd of food poisoning.
>>
>>36176684
Selfishness existing doesn't justify being selfish. The desire to procreate is embedded in almost all of us, but that doesn't make raping someone excused just because they sincerely wanted to make a baby.
>>
>>36176809

Selfishness will exist whether or not it's justified. So will rape.

However, in some places in the world wealth inequality is higher or lower, and the incidence of rape is higher or lower. There's no point in hating the thing itself. Hatred should be redirected to a society that doesn't deal with these issues in a way that's productive for its members.
>>
>>36176909
If you say don't hate people for being selfish, and don't hate selfishness, then why hate society not changing? This society has been brought about organically. Society is doing what it does. Hell, why hate anything if we're following this train of logic. Hate is meaningless if anything shitty is just nature in action. Fuckitall.
>>
>>36177151

It's fine to hate selfishness, it's foolish to hate inevitable manifestations of selfishness.
>>
>>36177196
if it's inevitable then why try to change it?

and hate (dissatisfaction) motivates change so it makes sense to hate. accepting something as inevitable inspires apathy and more of the same.

>>36177151
>This society has been brought about organically
what does that mean?
>>
>>36177710

I'm not suggesting selfishness can be changed, I'm saying that it can manifest in different ways depending on what the social circumstances allow. If you change the social circumstances, you change the manifestations of selfishness, hopefully to a more pro-social end.

>and hate (dissatisfaction) motivates change so it makes sense to hate. accepting something as inevitable inspires apathy and more of the same.

This has never worked, and never led to anything except social revolutions that usually just make things worse for everyone.
>>
>>36177829
what would be an example of a pro-social manifestation of selfishness?

do you think all people in society are selfish or that there will always be selfish people in a society?

>This has never worked, and never led to anything
this is not true. the american revolution worked.

if you accept everything terrible in society as inevitable, you allow people to walk all over you because you convince yourself that there's no other way to be.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.