[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how successful are your parents and what is your situation?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1491772119238.png (46KB, 619x453px)
1491772119238.png
46KB, 619x453px
how successful are your parents and what is your situation?
>>
>>36169107
raised single mother, and my dad got cucked by his new wife and has to pay my mother 600$ pension. my mother never went to College and my dad works as a coast guard.

I've been poor my entire life, and live in a rundown roach infested house.

I like to think that things would've gone alright if my Dad never would've divorced my mother.

wbu, OP?
>>
My parents were both poor and they married when they were were both almost over the wall.

Everything considered I'm over achieving already as it is.
>>
>>36169107
>tfw both parents are journalists
>>
>>36169301
>raised single mother
*raised by

>>36169378
You in College or have a job?
>>
>>36169301
>Parents are divorced
>father is an aircraft mechanical engineer at Boeing
>mother is a computer science professor at a university
> I am a brainlet neet that is forced to go study at a university or go homeless
>>
>>36169499

I'm pretty successful now. On my way to get a Ph.d (my parents didn't even go to college), have had two high paying internships already and will probably make six figures after I finish my Ph.d.

With regards to gf, still as hopeless as my father was at my age.
>>
>>36169512
to*
origami
>>
>>36169512
I'm surprised how un-supportive some middle class families can be. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad.

I wouldn't mind my kids being leeches as long as they're supportive around the house.
>>
>dad is an engineer, but unemployed atm
>Mom is employed as an engineer but two hours away and I rarely see her
>I graduated Welding school and currently work in Receiving, trying to find contacts and Welding work.
>Can't move because little money
>Stuck at home
>>
My mom is a pretty successful economist at the World Bank. My dad is a consultant and makes less than she does but is still pretty successful compared to the average normie. I just got accepted into Duke to do a PhD in genetics so I guess I'm on a decent road to success but who knows OWS how it's turn out. I don't want to rest on my laurels.
>>
>>36169512
Are you me?
>Dad used to work at a wind tunnel at Boeing
>Worked for Tesla as a lead engineer for their big Reno battery plant
>Now works for FaceJew
>Mom worked at Stanford for years
>Now owns successful company
>Divorced
And I'm a brainlet stuck with no job and dropped out of university of Nevada LMAO
>>
>>36169471
Is that a good thing?
Go on.
>>
>>36169596
shit I guess we are both genetic failures
>>
>>36169107
>dad is delivery driver
>mom was a housewife for the longest time
>mom recently started working entry level retail

I never had a chance, did i?
>>
>>36169596
>>36169512

I meet a lot of people like you. I'm top of my class and pretty much all the class is made up of middle/upper middle class kids with highly educated parents. And my little secret is that my parents are barely literate. My father didn't even finish elementary.

I don't know where I got my smarts. Genetics is weird.
>>
my mom is sheva, my dad is zues, im buddah's cousin, and jesus is still the good kid. we're all just waiting for alah to admit he's full of shit
>>
>>36169719
yes
originalee
>>
File: 1490630842148.png (209KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490630842148.png
209KB, 657x527px
>>36169107
Father's ex military and my mom's an emergency room nurse so I guess we're middle class. I leave for the army in 5 days. Kinda scared and I'm out of shape
>>
>>36170523
why would you do that?
>are you stupid anon
>>
>>36169107
Parents divorced. Living with mom, stepfather and grandma.

Father is layout designer for magazines, used to have 10 ppl under him (which is pretty big in this "industry"), now is unemployed and scrapping bottom of barrel, partially because of his pride (doesn't want to take low paying jobs).

Mother works as administrator in housing cooperative. Average pay (as in literally).
Stepfather works as high-end electrician/construction worker. Earns twice as much as mother, but has to leave country for few weeks every couple of months.
Grandma has average pension, spends good portion of it to cover "my part" until I get a good job.

I work at chocolade factory, low pay and only part time.
>>
>>36169107
Dad is a manager at a local factory, stepmom is a chemical engineer. Meanwhile I'm working a job that's barely above minimum wage at 21.
>>
>>36171072
what do you do?
originallerafd
>>
>>36169107
My dad was a homeless schizophrenic but he died, my mom is a successful realtor. I'm more like my dad, unfortunately.
>>
Mum is social worker
Dad is disabled physically and gets bennies

I work in automotive advertising
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.