[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /poverty/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 1489509105269.png (2MB, 1334x748px) Image search: [Google]
1489509105269.png
2MB, 1334x748px
I wanna know what poor people eat for food
>>
>implying most here do not subsist on fastfood and frozen shit
If you want to learn better than that /ck/ probably has some threads.
>>
>>36168776
I just had popcorn for lunch
>>
>>36169420
as a poor anon, I wish this were true. most anons seem to be from middle class families.
>>
>>36168776
I have a ten pound bag of brown rice and like 50 cans of different types of beans that I cook every night. With some hot sauce and spices it's really good.
>>
>>36169666
>soy bread
>grits
>soy bacon
>no dairy veg. spread
>cheap no caf. zero cal soda
>cheap no sugar popsicles
>peanut butter
>brown rice into a soup
>garlic powerder
>vinegar
>iodized salt
That's mostly it. But as a poor anon, we honestly spend more on food usually because it's the one thing we always have. No car, internet, nothing, but hundreds of dollars of food per person. Our electric bill is 130, but our food bill is over 600 for three people. We only make a around 1400. Rent is 500. By the end of the day we've nothing left. If I was in charge of money I'd buy other shit than what they buy, but nope. We're all obese and none of us works.
>>
>>36169845
what I buy*
The list I made because I'm on a diet.

Usually I spend more.
>>
>>36168776
>milwaukee's best
MY
MAN
>>
You can make a weeks worth of your own pizzadough plus the toppings for roughly the same cost as ONE of those damn frozen pizza from the supermarket.
With time, half a brain and the net it is no problem to learn some oldentimes granny skills to preserve fresh stuff. I like buying 1-2 kg fresh minced meat, precooking and storing it in jam glasses. Keeps for one year without problems. Actually just used some for pasta sauce.

Books and sites for shit like that are all over the web, and a neet got time after all.
>>
File: smug.png (12KB, 667x266px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
12KB, 667x266px
>being poor

smugfrog.jpg
>>
>>36168776
You make broth with chicken then you eat that chicken (and broth of course).
>>
>>36170165
Also use vegies, they can be eaten too.
>>
File: frigger.png (2MB, 1334x751px) Image search: [Google]
frigger.png
2MB, 1334x751px
hey that's my fridge

it stopped working recently

now it just clicks and the compressor never actually comes on

since the thing is still insulated i'm using it as a cooler

just fill her up with cups of ice and some cold packs, wa la

i wish i had some money
>>
File: 765431.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
765431.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
>>36168776
I mostly just steal food from my parents
>>
>>36169845
Can you take a pic of your fridge and cupboards? possibly your stove. I wanna see poor utilities.
>>
>>36170358
Damn I've been waiting for an update from you for a long time.

Did you end up shoveling some drive ways for a hot meal?
>>
The workers at the dollar store know me all too well

orginallt
>>
>>36170103
Thats not yours faggot
unrig
>>
>>36170865
If someone gave you $20 and let you loose in the dollar store, what would you buy?
>>
File: 1491052640240.jpg (232KB, 900x788px) Image search: [Google]
1491052640240.jpg
232KB, 900x788px
>>36168776
Unless you are unemployed or have kids to support, there is literally no excuse for you to be poor.

Im single, and haven't worked in 3 years, but saved up enough money to eat well during that time period.

You people are fucking retarded and need to move the fuck out of your mom's house and get a job.
>>
>>36171188
I would explain why but it would be like talking to a brick wall
>>
>>36170807
no, people here normally shovel their own driveways

if they want to pay someone there are plenty of young men with pickup trucks and snow plow attachments
>>
>>36171334
Oh ok, how's the food situation? Are those the same beers from a month ago?
>>
File: 56_Nuggets_0.gif (934KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
56_Nuggets_0.gif
934KB, 250x167px
>>36168776
Food banks desu baka senpai
>>
I eat almost nothing but rice, ground turkey and broccoli. I buy the turkey in bulk when it's on sale and freeze most of it. it's bretty good.
>>
>>36171289
Do you live in some shitty third world country where there aren't any jobs?

If not, then you have no excuse to get a job and start making money. Even if you live with your mom, you can work some part time gig and make your own cash.

That way you can eat whatever you want and stop complaining about eating ice for dinner fucking man child. Ive worked up enough savings to the point where I could be a neet for THREE YEARS.
During that time ive had enough money for internet, REAL food, bills etc and other a few luxuries. Although Im going to have to work again probably this year. My time is almost up.

But you bet your sweet ass im going to save more money and probably go NEET again once I get sick of working.
>>
>>36171403
Holy shit I need that toilet. I /big poop/ and I plug the toilet often
>>
>>36170010
>>36168776
Milwaukee's Best /lager/ too, no ice, no light.
>>
>>36170358
It's spring dude, you can probably get a working fridge somewhere for free. I just gave one away.
>>
File: IMG_3026.jpg (105KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3026.jpg
105KB, 400x386px
Guys I just spent all of the money I saved up on these past few months in order to help myself feel better about life. Anyone else know this feel? I used to have money now it's gone. What do I do? How do I stop spending
>>
>>36171532
Have more self control you retard.
Stop buying things you don't need.
>>
>>36171594
But most of the money was spent on food. Should I stop buying mcdonalds
>>
>>36171614
Start being more aware of how much you spend a month.

How often did you eat out at mcdonalds? Do you know the average price of a meal?
>>
File: 1489272600921.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489272600921.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>36171614
No, you're doing God's work son.
>>
>>36171362
>how's the food situation?

i'm eating about 1000 calories a day. peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are my main staple. tuna sandwiches last week though. i also eat canned soup a few times a week.

normally i skip breakfast and dinner and just drink lots of water and eat a few snacks instead. like a granola bar and those little crackers & processed cheese snacks.

>Are those the same beers from a month ago?

no, i took all my spare change to the coinstar machine and used it to buy a case of beer and some chinese food this weekend

i've still got $9 left over that i'm saving for next weekend

it's only a few more months until i can hopefully change my living situation and start eating again
>>
>>36171673
Start a gofundme, I will donate to your cause as long as you keep us up to date with your situation
>>
>>36171633
I eat once or twice a day. The first meal is usually something like crackers at home. And then mcdonalds the second meal. So 7 times a week. And $15 a meal.
>>
>>36171493
i've checked craigslist and there are none for free. the lowest priced mini fridge was at $40 which is too much for me to spend right now. i'm hopefully moving to a new place with an actual fridge in a few months anyway.
>>
>>36169845
>soy
lol enjoy the estrogen you little faggot
>>
>>36171741
Okay, that's much better. You could post in wanted.
>>
>>36171741
>$40
>too much to spend

Just wow.
>>
>>36171711
Then I guess you just didn't have that much money saved up in the first place.

I spend like 30-50 dollars on groceries every few weeks, and Ive lasted 3 years on savings.
>>
>>36172016
Wow. Just...wow.

Wowee zowee. Wow. Oh wow. WOW!
>>
>>36172345
I'm collecting unemployment and live at home. I go out and have sushi dinners and sake with my brother every now and then.

I still manage to save money since I live at home.
>>
>>36172388
we aren't all lucky enough to collect government benefits lad

some of us have no income at all and when the money's all gone it's ALL GONE
>>
>>36172388
>living on the dole
>at home
>eats sushi and sake

Just wow.
>>
>>36168776

>10lb bags of rice a week
>2-3 dozen eggs
>vegetable that are on sale

>cook rice
>fry vegetables if applicable
>fry eggs
>mix
>>
lentil
rice
potato
oats
some frozen vegetables
frozen chicken
canned tuna or salmon once in awhile
oils and butter
>>
>>36172484
>>36172433
You guys got to learn how to live make the NEET life work for you. Sure, it takes a little bit of work, but it is well worth it
>>
>>36172898
Living at home on welfare isnt worth it bud.

How old are you?
>>
>>36168776
Before my dad died his yearly income was $12,000 and all he ate was peanut butter sandwiches and all he drank was red wine or rum.
>>
>>36168776
Canned spaghetti.
>>
>>36173195
I don't know why but this post makes me want to sob uncontrollably. My mom makes around $24k and we used to eat similarly.
>>
>>36173297
please don't cry.
my dad was cared for, he really could have eaten better. he didn't want to be a burden so he bought his own food.
He actually died at the grocery store.
>>
>>36173324
That's exactly how my mom is too. Very proud and won't take help. I hope your dad is at peace, anon.
>>
>>36173394
Thank you, I hope your mom lives for a long time and I hope you guys have a comfortable life.
>>
>>36168776
Salad sandwiches are a cheap and easy way to eat a little healthy and gain some confidence in foodcraft. They also taste grear if you've been eating crap for months. Behold:

>2x wholemeal bread slices
>4x chunky cucumber slices
>1/4 red onion, julienned
>1/2 bell pepper, sliced
>2x tomato slices
>Slice of vintage cheese (optional)
>Mustard or relish
>Pepper

It's crunchy, colorful and fun! I make these for my wagey friend when he feels tired after work. He's so cute :3
>>
>>36169666
I live off of $409.00 neetbux a month, my bills are ~$130 leaving me with fuck all for food, but I manage to eat healthy.

>sardines or kippers
>chicken thighs
>rice
>beans
>frozen green beans
>potatoes
>yams
>eggs
>milk
>tea
>coffee
>various spices like thyme, garlic powder, basil etc

Pretty much all I eat, it's ridiculously cheap and even when I start wagecucking again I'm going to keep this diet to save most of my money.
>>
>>36168776
I'm a 27 year old cashier at the liquor store. Everything I get is from Costco
>rice
>beans (black, pinto and lentil)
>bulk steel cut oats
>raisins and cinnamon
>a big pack of frozen veggies once a week
>bulk top ramen
>bulk fozen chicken breasts
>bulk jack daniels
>bud ice beer from the store i work at
>camel nonfilters

That doesn't sound so bad, but then I spend about $7 a day at the dollar store on sodas, sweets, and other snacks, adding probably another 1500 calories per day to my diet. Fucking kill me I can't stop.
>>
>>36171415
>If not, then you have no excuse to get a job and start making money.

It's not that simple, man. On average it takes people six months to get a job even if they're looking almost every day. Then you have to consider places with seasonal employment, regional areas, discrimination, references, lack of experience, nepotism etc. Half the places I apply for either want teenagers they can underpay, or want babyboomers with 50 billion years experience. For a lot of small businesses, hiring non relatives isn't even considered. It's easy to get a job when you get a job and hard to get one when you're unemployed. I *could* get work but all I'm offered is dodgy off-the-books shit where I can't get compensation if I'm injured, I'll probably be overworked/underpaid and I don't want to risk fraud. Online shit like mturk pays like $1 an hour.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.