[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not ok and I need help with all this sadness and regret

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: images(8).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images(8).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
I'm a 24 year old weeb and Saturday I took a break from watching reLife to see Shinkai's newest flick.

Pic related was the most beautiful depiction of love and the pain resulting from a denied love I have seen in recent memory (I know there are others that surpass Your Name but I can't recall them right now)

Point being is that the climax during magic hour at at the mountain awoke my pained desire for such a beautiful love that I never experienced in my youth, much less now. The montage during their adult lives described perfectly the emptiness and desperation I have felt for the past 6 to 7 years since ending HS

Alot of you guys talked about a delayed reaction after watching Your Name. I went through the same experience. After the movie, I was running at the gym and the tears started flowing. Tears from emotions and pain I had buried deep inside and began popping up when I started watching reLife a week back.
I haven't stopped crying. I cry for never pursuing that attraction I felt for Karli in HS because it was 'scary' I cry for the inumerable times I rejected offers from my 3 best friends to hang out and be stupid kids. I cry because I'm stuck being a weeb in arrested development. I cry because I'm so fucking lonely.

On the off chance you're all reading this: Zac, Dakota, Donavan; I was so fucking stupid to not take advantage of our time together as stupid boys in school and just made myself a shut-in when possible because I was 'too scared' you all found love because you all were brave to put yourselves out there and now are all married with your soulmates. You all have that happiness and I denied myself that. Now all I can feel is emptiness.

To the rest of you I'm sorry for the mumbling and rant. It's just that after seeing something so beautiful, I realized just how ugly my life has been. I don't know what to do or where to go. But the tears won't stop
>>
File: 1486227942248.png (199KB, 419x622px) Image search: [Google]
1486227942248.png
199KB, 419x622px
>>36161918
>tfw a piece of fiction will never have this kind of impact on me
>>
>getting profound ideas from achinese cartoon

lmao at ur lyf.
>>
>>36162010
It was a long time coming. If it wasn't this Indonesian puppet show, it would've been some random novel I picked up at the library.
>>
>>36162047
>But the tears won't stop

lmao at u being such a pu$$y
>>
>>36161918
I thought that cartoon was kinda shit desu.
>>
>>36162087
Good on your that your life isn't shit as mine
>>
>>36161918
Shinkai is an auteur, senpai, it's what he does
>>
>>36161918
I am not a /r9k/ regular but I get you.

But this is what it was like for most of the people who watched the film. Missed chances. Glimpses of people we never got to talk to. That's what Shinkai is all about as a director. He's trying to tell us something. It's not just about our memories, but about what our memories are painfully trying to tell us right now in the present.

Today I was too shy to talk to women in a bar. I fucking sperged out when I was trying to walk over. I got some random stranger from the Internet to be my wingman and help me. He pulled me over to his side while he put on the moves. Every day I learn a little.

Don't feel like you wasted your life. Your life begins today bro. Text those friends you never got to hang out with.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -- Socrates
>>
>>36162159
I want to stop feeling this. But... Fuck man, I need to find help.
>>
File: Clock Pepe.jpg (118KB, 540x494px) Image search: [Google]
Clock Pepe.jpg
118KB, 540x494px
>>36161962
This is the real feel here, not ever being impacted deeply by a work of fiction or irl fucking sucks.
Countless times I've watched a show and something profound and sad happened, and I wanted to cry, but I couldn't since I'm too apathetic to feel anything beyond a slight twang of feeling.
>>
>>36162197
You have no idea how relieved I feel that there is someone out there who gets it. More than anything else I wish I could go back. Go back tell Karli I liked her alot. Go back and bullshit around with my trio of friends.
>>
>>36162323
I feel just like you except the original Yamato made me cry like a little bitch at the very end.
>>
Going after the girl would have been worse, trust me I did go after girls and they rejected me and it made my life much worse, still never been loved.
>>
Did you see 5cm/s?

I don't really mind being single, I've more or less accepted that I'll always be alone and even if I feel crushing loneliness I can more or less live with it.

But to be occasionally reminded that I missed out on the pure, innocent teenage love meme really gets to me.
>>
>>36161918
Just remember that these movies/shows are a romanticization of things that rarely (bolded, underlined, 30px font) happen.
Most relationships I've seen second hand from my friends are never beautiful. They fight, argue, do the same shit every day, get drunk to bare hanging out with the other, and fuck out of routine.

The life you imagine is always 100x better than the life that is possible.
>>
>>36162882
I've seen all his works. In fact I saw 5cm/s during my last week in HS.

Its ironic, I completely brushed off the melancholia as emo drivel. I thought at the time that HS and childhood in general couldn't end fast enough.

Now I'm crying for those days and that innocent love I never got to experience
>>
>>36161918
>But the tears won't stop

Do you have that almost painful feeling in your chest, like something is crushing you?
>>
>>36163014
Yes. Its hard to eat. And I need to step away from the office in order to cry a bit.
>>
>>36161918
don't strive to something like that anon. it's risky!
>>
>>36164264
I wasted my life. My youth is gone and I fell horrible
>>
>>36162323
it's not the sad or profound shit that gets you, it's the rare moment when art perfectly reflects your deepest fears or regrets. crying at sad endings is normie shit. you cry when the story skips 30 years and suddenly the two inseperable childhood friends are old and their lives are over and all they have is reminiscence. you cry when that song plays that reminds you of your brother dying. it can happen to anyone, it's just rare to find something that truly touches you because these things don't have mass-market appeal.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.