[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family violence

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-04-10-08-27-30.png (344KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-10-08-27-30.png
344KB, 720x1280px
PT. 1
Growing up I've always had an abusive and negligent father. When my mom was in Iraq and I was a child, he would drive drunk with my brother and I in the car, and for a whole summer he left us with a mentally ill and physically abusive grandma and a grandfather that never stood up to her but was at least kind He has always had serious issues with anger and selfishness. Up until recently I can't recall a time when he laid his hands on me or did anything past screaming like a chimp, but that all changed a few days ago when he tried to choke me. For some backstory on me, I joined the Army National Guard few years ago and trained as an MP. Now I'm living at home going to community college until I transfer to the top law enforcement school in my state that I've already been accepted to. I have a lot of pride in who I am and what I'm doing with my life, and I've had father figures better than my dad that I've looked up to.
>>
Pt. 2

Things were going really well enough until recently when my dad was having a fit. For whatever reason he wanted me to back my car out of the garage, he was bitching about my "attitude" to my mother as I approached my car. I asked in a calm voice "what attitude?" I'm standing by the open door of my car at this point when he screams "Back it up!" In a way that showed he was experiencing a rage akin to that of an uncharted for toddler that doesn't know better. So I close the door on my car, look him in the eyes and say "who the fuck do you think you are" in a calm voice of disbelief. My military career has instilled enough pride in me that I won't allow myself to be shown that level of indignity. This further enraged my father who screamed "I'm your dad!", after screaming that he walked halfway across the garage directly to me and put his hand on my throat trying to choke me. I am by no means a violent person, but when he put his hands on me something inside of me went off, I grabbed him by the color of his shirt and push dragged him to the wall behind him. It took everything I had not to use what the Army taught me about hand to hand combat that would have put him in the hospital or worse, the morgue. I violently shook him yelling something along the lines of "don't you ever ducking touch me like that!" a few times, it's still kind of blurry and I feel that rage against when I think about it. After what felt like longer but couldn't have been more than a few seconds my mother got between us. I saw fear in his eyes, but it was only selfish. He screams at me to get out, but my mother cuts in looking him dead in the eyes saying if I go she'll leave him and that she doesn't care about him.
>>
>>36161737
So you got choked once as an adult? Poor you.
>>
He later left for a few days and only came back yesterday briefly. I won't the fight if you could call it that and if he tries anything again I won't hesitate to seriously hurt him the way I was trained to if I need to defend myself. I only have a couple months before I go to university and live there, so I can wait it out until then, and if it comes down to it my mom can get an apartment with her job a town away.

I hate my father guys, how do I deal with that? Does anyone else have abusive parents?

>tldr: my dad tried to choke me, I was able to overpower him but now I don't know how to deal with hating a father who threw away his only redeeming characteristic as someone willing to be a caretaker.

This can be a thread where you can vent about violent family issues if you want to talk about it.
>>
>>36161807
I know it's not the worst thing in the world, I just don't know if I can salvage any kind of relationship with my father. It's different when it's family that you are fighting. Especially since you know that things aren't as they should be. I apologize if it feels like I'm minimizing your troubles by telling you mine.
>>
I apologize for any lack in quality in this thread, I have lurked for a long time but do not post often.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.