[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it socially unacceptable to call out religious people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1597.jpg (43KB, 289x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1597.jpg
43KB, 289x508px
Why is it socially unacceptable to call out religious people out on their bullshit?

It makes you look autistic so I never did it, but I still don't know why it's so unacceptable.
>>
>>36154467
religious people are the majority
>>
Because their faith largely does not affect you, but stomping all over their beliefs to prove a point or to look clever is very emotionally detrimental to them- that same faith is a very useful tool in their lives that they derive personal strength from.
>>
>>36154467

Because unless there's an active debate going on you look like a complete asshole for ruining a perfectly good lunch because of some shit that really doesn't fucking matter.

the fact those people worship space hitler will never change anything, and the fact you don't won't either.
>>
>>36154467
It's negative. AND YOU JUST GOT BE POSITIVE
>>
>>36154524
>>36154533
Also the fact that it's extremely difficult to impossible to change their minds.

Islam scares the shit out of me though and it's extremely prevalent in my hometown nowadays.

Questioning Islam is a good way to get yourself killed, so there's also that.
>>
>>36154467
I don't do it because I don't really have an interest in attacking people for their beliefs, unless they attack me for mine because I disagree with them. But I still understand your frustration that when people do bring religious bullshit into stuff, like science, politics, law, or whatever, if you object it's frowned upon. I don't know whether you were referring to attacking people out of nowhere or calling it out in pertinent situations though and I think other people are confused as well. Looks like your autism is going to doom this thread because you didn't clarify.
>>36154533
>the fact those people worship space hitler will never change anything, and the fact you don't won't either.
Except for, you know, the fact that tons of useful shit is restricted because christfags are given top priority. Pretty much anything in the way of useful application of genetic research is banned, or might be when it becomes well known, because christfags think it's unethical to change anything about your body.
>>
>>36154685
honestly im not a christfag but i don't really trust other human beings not to fuck things up when dealing with genetics, which is why i'm against some of the things they do
>>
Because Trump shills will go full SJW if anyone says something that goes against what they already """"know.""""
>>
>>36154491
In America maybe. I'm from an area where 95% of the people are irreligious atheists. People who believe in a god are kinda seen as goofy in my home town, and it was almost unheard of for a grown adult to actually believe in that stuff. Kinda like hearing about the one kid in middle school who still believes in Santa.
It wasn't until going to uni in America where I learned that not only do people believe in a god, but you also can't call them out on it or you'll be ostrasized.
>>36154467
People don't like to be told wrong. Live in an area with less religious nuts if you can.
>>
File: IMG_1224.jpg (62KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1224.jpg
62KB, 500x545px
>It makes you look autistic so I never did it

You answered your own question there friendo
>>
>>36154685
The more intrusive they are being with it the more acceptable it is to argue against them.

Jehovas witnesses at your door or those guys on the street with megaphones get a lot of shit.
>>
>>36154755
>People who believe in a god are kinda seen as goofy in my home town, and it was almost unheard of for a grown adult to actually believe in that stuff. Kinda like hearing about the one kid in middle school who still believes in Santa.
Yet you have to leave your shithole of a country and come here to get a quality education, kek.
>>
I'm honestly glad religion exists.
People who are dumb enough to believe in that bullshit are also probably too stupid to be decent human beings for decency's intrinsic value.
>>
>>36154713
I understand not letting people do it to others against their consent, but if some guy wants it done and knows the risk, let them go ahead. If they fuck up, it's their loss.
>>
>>36154810
>decency's intrinsic value.
Don't be fucking stupid, there's no intrinsic value to decency. Nothing wrong with practicing it because nothing can be wrong and you might as well if that's what you like, but don't kid yourself into thinking there's some magical importance to it. "Atheists" who still believe this shit are no better than religious people.
>>
File: cucktus.png (403KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cucktus.png
403KB, 1500x1500px
People are becoming sick of Edgy Atheists now. You can see it in Academia with Scientists and philosophers showing the middle finger to Atheist faggots like Dawkins and dennett. No one cares about your dumb crusade against religion.

Also, the Atheist Credo developed into a type of Scientific Naturalism which many detest. You don't have to be an Atheist AND a naturalist but most are.
>>
File: 1473018011302.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473018011302.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>36154796
>America
>Quality education
>>
>>36154796
Well, I don't know about that, but it seems really weird that a sizable population of Americans still believe in a devine being.
At least the universities in America are non-secular.
>>
File: 1490022788715.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490022788715.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>36154467
You can call me out on my bullshit fampai, Jesus said I'm supposed to love everyone!
And usher the next crusade.
>>
>>36154863
Modern atheists are mostly dumb faggots going along with a trend. They're the kind of people who argue that there is intrinsic meaning and that's why we need social justice, or some bullshit. The non-existence of god as humans imagine such a being is not something that should be turned into identity politics but unfortunately science has been corrupted by such things.
>>
>>36154899
>be nice guys, even if you're dealing with a real piece of shit -Jesus Christ, 33AD
>KILL EVERYTHING -self proclaimed Christians, 1095 - 1291AD
>>
>>36154921
Literally nothing you typed in your post was even remotely accurate.
>>
>>36154895
As much as I hated my home country (britbong) I did have pride in the fact that we had Charles Darwin on our money as opposed to "in god we trust"
>>
>>36154467
Because your kind is ACTUALLY autisitc?

Where do you think the atheist IQ comes from, faglotd?

>inb4 that means religious people are dum xDD
No, we still created a fuckton of shit more than you autists, religion is what makes a civilization directly or indirectly.
>>
>>36154965
And civilization is one big pile of shit.
>>
>>36154977
Obviously its because of the fall of religion
>>
>>36154965
What does religion have to do with making stuff?
>>
>>36154977
Yeah, because being a primitive like the niggers in Africa is better than being in a first world country that most likely you are in it.

Just go back to Africa if you hate civilization that much, because no one is going to go back to those times and die at <30 years old.
>>
>>36154921

Pretty much. Many modern atheists are insufferable faggot lords. Funny how they accuse religious folk of mindlessly following a book when they mindlessly follow whatever bullshit Dawkins says. Then they go around "debunking" spirituality or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>36154467
/r9k/ is a Christian board
>>
>>36154842
There is intrinsic value in being decent.
>Don't be fucking stupid
There is also intrinsic value in not talking like this to other people. It allows you to make friends so you can have interpersonal connections with other people and not have to spend your entire life on r9k
>>
>>36154467
Going out of your way to tell other people you hate religion is just as bad as being a religious fanatic
>>
>>36155013
I dunno man. Become a wizard and be unable to feel any sort of happiness in spite of technological marvels happening around me or fuck bitches and do jungle drugs and die before life starts to suck
>>
>>36155011
Read history you dumb atheist nigger.

Most of the greatest inventions and scientific discoveries has been made by religious people.
And don't pull of the "muh christianity has made the most genocides" card, if you had common sense you would know everyone was batshit insane in the middle and new world centuries.
>>36155070
In fact it's worse because atheists are really thirsty for "debating" all the time.
They're pretty annoying IRL desu, but it's fucking funny to see the literal blonde white guy with a fedora with a MLP t-shirt IRL as well.
>>
Your attacking their coping mechanism

In society Feels>Reals.
>>
>>36155427
as we post on a mongolian herpetology forum about our baseless insecurities and warped world views that are mostly coping mechanisms for our inability to handle reality
>>
>>36154467
Hey, op. Your entire woldvuew is bullshit, and you are literally so retarded to believe in the things you believe in hehe. I know because I read a meme book once.
>>
Because you are a coward that only "debates" white Christian family men

Try something more impressive and challenge a Muslim you dumb shit. Atheists like you have allowed it to become illegal to insult the prophet. Atheists are traitors and scum. A code word for anti Christian and anti West.
>>
>>36154796
universities might be good but public education is a joke in america. even the worst eastern european countries tend to do public better.
also higher education is wayyy easier in north america than in the rest of the world.
>>
>>36154524
This, just because you don't believe the same things others do, doesn't mean you should shit on those beliefs because of something frivolous like "muh intelligence"
>>
>>36154757
It's more of a redundancy than an answer.
>>
>>36154467
>Why is it socially unacceptable to call out religious people out on their bullshit?
Seriously? People do it all the time.
>>
>>36154977
Ok enjoy a real Darwinian world where no one helps anyone or advances anything.
>>
>>36155567
I agree. All this modern bullshit has pushed me closer to the Church.
>>
File: MadHeresy.gif (865KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
MadHeresy.gif
865KB, 320x180px
>>36154951
>be nice guys, even if you're dealing with a real piece of shit - Jesus Christ
>the Godless genuinely believe this is a passable synopsis of the New Testament
>>
>>36154467
Call them out if you want, who gives a fuck. Stop self-censoring the moment someone drops a fedora meme and talk shit to idiots if you want to.
>>
>>36154524
>Because their faith largely does not affect you
In some countries taxpayer money goes to the church and it's events.
Also there are always groups and individuals that try to bring their religious believes into the state or use it to discriminate against another group of people.
>>
>>36154467
Because most religion has huge cultural benefits to society. It gives people hope and peace of mind and these are two things many people need every now and then, especially towards the end.
>>
File: Faces of Atheism.png (296KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
Faces of Atheism.png
296KB, 500x327px
>>36154467
Because you think you're being rational and measured but you look like pic related to everyone around you. No-one gives a fuck. Mind your own business and live your life.
>>
>>36156726
>No-one gives a fuck
christfags get bootyblasted all the time what are you on about
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.