[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True man

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0522.jpg (48KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0522.jpg
48KB, 850x400px
What are the ways of a true man?
>>
Original the t
>>
>>36153962
Pic is originally related
>>
>>36154063
What a retardwd quote. Why would I learn to pitch manure or program a computer if I can just get someone else to do it for me?
>>
File: 1489486961481.jpg (89KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489486961481.jpg
89KB, 850x400px
I dont remember why I saved this photo, nor do I even recall what it says
>>
>>36154292

The point is to be something more than just "the programmer" or "the accountant" or "the diaper changer". Knowing something about everything makes you more well-rounded and improves your understanding of the world and its people, whereas pinning yourself into a corner under the guise of specialization locks you into a single mindset and frame of reference.

Doing the latter means you're always content to pay someone or coerce someone else to do the shit you don't know, and you never really understand these people. You never broaden your horizons, you never leave your bubble. There's nothing alive about staying tucked away in your hovel.
>>
File: 9185091851985.jpg (7KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
9185091851985.jpg
7KB, 202x249px
>inb4 wage slaves
>>
>2017

>not being an enlightened burger flipper
>>
>>36154396
But I'm being a more useful member of society if I'm focusing on my programming skills instead of learning a little bit about everything. I can understand the plight of an accountant without learning their work by just listening to them
>>
>>36154548
just like a full time entrepreneur would kick the ass and do gymnastics around a part time entrepreneur
>>
>>36153962
>What are the ways of a true man?
I've never met one OP, I simply don't know. I've always figured it was a variation of the road less traveled. A man must pick the most difficult path, and endure what every he encounters as best as he can. He may never see the end, but after taking his last step, he can look back and see how far he's come, and die with a sense of accomplishment.
>>
>>36154548

If your entire existence is boiled down to being a useful widget, I'd question your position on things.

Knowing things is about pride, about an appeal to who you can be as a capable human being who can adapt and grow and thrive, not just an instrument plugged into a socket and performing to the manual's specifications. It's more useful to society and organizations if we specialize, sure. It makes you more money, too. But it means you never leave your zone of control, your comfort zone even. You're always just your small corner of all life has to offer. You never do understand what the accountant truly goes through or what he knows, or what the diaper changer feels, or what the strategist understands, because you don't step outside your limited sphere.

What good is there in being an ant in an anthill when we can be so much more, when we can rely on ourselves and succeed on the backs of our own merits? We're more than ants. There's times for teamwork, but there's also something to be said for knowing how to take care of yourself.
>>
>>36154581

An entrepreneur has to do many skills. A better example is an accountant.

The full-time accountant will thrash the man who knows something about accountancy but not all things. The latter man will not have to go out to plumbers or electricians or chefs in order to take care of so many other tasks, though.

If all you want is to hone your skills in a job, go for it. I'd say that makes you a good worker, however, not a well-rounded human being experiencing what life has to offer.
>>
>>36153962
>What are the ways of a true man?

Being about to answer such a question for oneself.
>>
>>36154396
no, it makes you into one of those people who is more interested in learning 'interesting facts' rather than practical knowledge that can be applied

and it's not like a programmer just programs, you need to understand how other things work otherwise you just end up being a codemonkey
>>
>>36154721
what the fuck world do you live in where full time accountants or programmers aren't able to perform simple home maintenance because they work 8 hours a day?
>>
>>36154807
Cooking and fixing your appliances and tending a garden and treating wounds and tending to a child aren't practical skills?

The very point is to learn practical skills rather than contracting them out. That is the entire notion.
>>
>>36153962
I think a true man should be a rock. Not made of stone, but someone steadfast and strong so that when life gets turbulent, he is someone you can cling to.
>>
>>36154832

A major city in burgerland. 8 hours a day, lel. A large number of professionals here are impotent in any terms of self-sufficiency. Many millennial struggle at laundry.
>>
>>36154862
8 hours a day would be the accountants working day. programmers, not so much

i don't know what to tell you. i'll just assume bay area or brooklyn, but it's not as bad in other areas. then again i hate my colleagues so they could live in a hikihive for all i know
>>
>>36154676
Look, i understand the need to sympathize with people that are different. But there is no need to learn programming to understand what a programmer feels/lives
>>
>>36154427
i dun get it
You have been muted for 8 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
He has to be in MGTOW
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.