[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please help me what is it asking me? >tfw too dumb to understand

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: math.gif (14KB, 407x414px) Image search: [Google]
math.gif
14KB, 407x414px
please help me
what is it asking me?

>tfw too dumb to understand this problem
>>
It says "Why didn't you do your homework on Saturday instead of frantically at midnight on a Monday?"
>>
>>36152342
Just draw the line y=2 on the graph and it's all the points below that, the answer is x < 0 or x >= 0.5
>>
>>36152342
What y(x) do you have for every (1/x) that is less than or equal to two?
>>
>>36152342
>what is it asking me?
it is asking you to solve 1/x <= 2, idiote
what values of x make 1/x less than or equal to two.
How old are you?
>>
At which values of x is y greater than or equal to 2? The value of y is given to you. It is equal to 1/x. If you look at the graph it would appear that y is equal or greater than 2 for the values of x between zero and one half. You can confirm this algebraically. 1/x as x approaches zero is equal to infinity. 0 is the lower bound that satisfies the inequality. 1/x when x is equal to one half is 2. This is the upper bound of the inequality.
>>
Its asking you which values of x when 1 is divided by them are less than 2.
>>
>>36152342
What pisses me off is that it asks you to use the graph to solve it. What the fuck?
>>
>>36152522
It helps people visualize it, albeit in an abstract sort of way.
>>
>>36152522
Just look at the graph. Between which values on the x-axis are the corresponding values on the y-axis greater than or equal to two. That's all that it's asking.
>>
color in the entire left side of the graph and everything on the right except between x=0 and x=0.5

your answer is (-inf, 0), [0.5,inf)
>>
this is an actual representation of the ''friendzone'' where OP is at 0,0
>>
>>36152558
Yeah, I'm not the OP -- my issue is that looking at the equation is like instantaneously looking at the answer. Maybe that's my autism kicking in.
>>
>>36152613
Well, it is just looking at the answer. I think the pedagogic intent is to make the student realize that the line does in fact simply show you the answer.
>>
File: Capture.gif (16KB, 613x416px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.gif
16KB, 613x416px
Okay so I got the answer here.

My question is: from looking at the graph, how do I know when to answer in brackets, and when in parentheses?
>>
>>36152342
I don't even know what the lines and the x's mean or what it wants me to do. Am I retarded?
>>
>>36152803
>My question is: from looking at the graph, how do I know when to answer in brackets, and when in parentheses?

[0, 1] means all the points between 0 and 1, including 0 and 1

(0,1) means all the points between 0 and 1, not including 0 and 1

brackets include the number
parentheses don't include the number

always use parentheses for infinity, like

[0, infinity)
>>
>>36152803
solve the equations as if they were equalities. Less than or equal literally means the number is either less than or equal to the other side.
>>
>>36152803
The bracket is an inclusive boundary, the parenthesis is an exclusive boundary. Meaning that [2,5) would indicate greater than OR EQUAL to 2 and less than BUT NOT EQUAL TO 5.
>>
File: 1462838011426.jpg (47KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1462838011426.jpg
47KB, 398x356px
>>36152342
>tfw studying calc 3 and I unironically can't do this problem
>>
>>36152931
what the fuck, mang? how did you make it that far?
>>
>>36152972
I honestly don't know.

Would you believe I got an A in calc 2?
>>
>>36152982
how the fuck did you do that?
is it that easy, or are you some kinda wizard?
>>
>>36152342
Isn't it just x = (-inf,.0)U(0,.5)U(.5,inf) ?
basically x =/= .5 that's way simpler
>>
>>36153013
>is it that easy

No.

Calc 2 was literally the hardest thing I've ever done. After I clinched the exam I basically forget everything now I'm getting rekt in calc 3
>>
>>36153038
oh wait I had a brainlet moment it would be
x =(-inf, 0)U(.5, inf)
lmao so much for a math degree.
>>
>>36152878
>>36152887
>>36152890
thank you kind anons
this is not original
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.