[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential dread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0262.jpg (46KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0262.jpg
46KB, 1032x774px
You've probably seen this a million times before, but how do you robots deal with the fact that there is no point to life? Do you make one yourself? I just don't get it. Am I the only one who just basically daydreams the entire day about how my life could be better? I've just been endlessly playing vidya. It's not helping. Pic related.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>36149394
I made a sandwich with cream cheese on it today. And I vacuumed.
I'm waiting for a Switch though, so I can get lost in Zelda
>>
i try not to think about it and just listen to music and play vidya
i'm also watching a lot of tv shows i would have never had the time to watch if i had a job or i was still in college
i get horrible anxiety when i apply for jobs, only applied to two so far
i got my first job no problem but it was too far away for me
applied to my second job yesterday
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 750x872px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 750x872px
I try to distract myself to keep my thoughts at the back of my mind so I don't think about it too much
>>
>>36149394
read this
seriously

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/10/24/man-s-search-for-meaning/man-s-search-for-meaning.pdf

you will find something in it
something special
>>
yeah its weird to think about

i always think why am i me and why do i feel singularity

there might be some kinda god but honestly i doubt it and i always wonder how people who are religious and are 100% sure that heavens ready for them would feel about not being anything for the rest of time. im not afraid to die if it was just like in my sleep or something unexpectedly but still i dont see how people can kill themselves because that takes a lot of balls to carry out and not worrying about what people will say and if you survived. but im not suicidal i just like the idea that one day ill be nothing and eventually no one will know any of us were real

but i just live pretty boringly honestly but im fine like that
>>
>Am I the only one who just basically daydreams the entire day about how my life could be better?
It "lost in dreams" was a physical place, r9k would be owner by custom law.
Which would probably mean in turn that no women would ever dream again.

>Do you make one yourself
This
>>
>>36149394
Find a goal or something to strive for and dedicate your life to it. There is your meaning. Perhaps a dream or innate desire. Complete and repeat.
>>
The point in life is to know and serve the true God.
>>
>>36150383
I've tried this. I always end up feeling like even the process of trying to do something gets repetitive after a while, like those "continual progression and upgrading" type games.
>>
>>36150638
Try making something that isn't possible possible. Make a breakthrough in some field. Be the first to create artificial intelligence, prove the string theory, figure out how to manipulate gravity, create pocket universes, etc...
>>
>>36150213
Congratz bro

ur a totL FAG
>>
>>36150638
Just do what I do. Every couple months adopt a new hobby, or do something that is novel. For example, I sometimes I'll search through the Internet just to find the answer to questions that are not readily available. One time I was board and just wondered how many orange peels exist at any given time, so I searched the annual production of oranges, assumed peels last for about a month, calculated the average size of an orange and the peel, and used some basic mathematics to calculate the amount of miles of road you could make out of the peels (assuming a strip of road is 50 feet in width). It was something interesting to do
>>
I dunno man since I stopped doing drugs out of laziness I don't really give it much of a thought.
The deepest conclusion I got was that life is geared towards finding the most favorable possible circumstance and I've been trying to find whatever the most favorable circumstance for me is.
>>
>>36149394
Just having a family and raising children used to be enough.
>>
even if i dont have a reason to exist, i have some passions. there are some things i like to do, and these things keep me alive. thats all.
>>
c o s m i c c o n s c i o u s n e s s

Look into Alan Watts' lectures on youtube, if you're smart you'll get it pretty quickly.
>>
File: maybe today will be different.png (7KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maybe today will be different.png
7KB, 1920x1080px
I got used to it. I just live mostly hedonistically. If there's no pint to living there's no point to worrying about it. It doesn't really matter what u do so just do stuff u enjoy. I like vidya, programming, n books lately.
Theres nothing wrong with suicide but you can only do it once and there are a whole bunch of other factors like no more vidya.
>>
>>36151213
This

The point of life is to reduce suffering,and then if possible increase pleasure, of yourself or anything else with the capacity for pleasure and suffering. It's OK to cause suffering or not act to prevent suffering or not act to create pleasure if doing so will create quantifiably more pleasure in the future.

Another way of viewing it might say the point is progress, humanity as a whole having more understanding and control of reality in this moment than the last. Imo they're about one and the same..what is the point of pleasure? Progress. What is the point of progress? Pleasure.
>>
>>36149394
The fact that there is no point to life is the ultimate freedom. Do what you wish.

>daydreams the entire day about how my life could be better?
>I've just been endlessly playing vidya.
>It's not helping.

Well, no shit. You have to actually DO something, you know.
>>
>>36149394
I opted out
>>
File: ressant2.gif (420KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ressant2.gif
420KB, 800x800px
I SEE NO BOUNDS. I LINE MY BRAIN WITH TEETH
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.