[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cognitive Disability Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ABitMuchToHandle.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ABitMuchToHandle.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
Who here has a learning disability? Mentally disabled? Aspergers? ADHD? Let's have a thread about that

>Have ADHD

>Do terribly in university despite my will to learn because of a lack of drive

>Profs think I'm lazy

>Sometimes lie to my friends to make myself seem less pathetic

>Fail to keep promises that I have made to others

>Try to be kind and polite but always end up saying the wrong thing at the wrong time

>Inability to get things done due to both distractibility and high energy

>Have been conned despite knowing what I was getting into; overestimated my ability to work around it

>Always lose things 3 seconds after putting them down

>Get yelled at continuously for all of this
>>
>>36142418

>Have aspergers

Need I say anything else?
>>
Asperger's, Bipolar Disorder, Dyspraxia

The last one no one has any clue about, just keep yelling at me for being clumsy or struggling to do new physical tasks.

First two make life a nightmare. Lithium helps with the Bipolar though, although mostly with mania and not depression.

Know some of those feels OP, few people understand and almost no one will make the effort to research about it. I'm assumed to be "blaming on my illness" stuff that legitimately I can't control because even people I'm closest to can't be bothered to go on wikipedia for 2 fucking seconds to read definitions of these things.
>>
Schizoid Personality Disorder

I feel good alone, I do not need social contact, at least in person, but I do not even have friends on the internet.

Severe losses in sociability due to not interacting socially
>>
>>36142592

Dyspraxia? Why would people get mad over that? Even if they don't know, they should at least be able to tell that there is something wrong
>>
>>36142794
Question: Do you ever feel lonely? Do you ever long for romance or does the thought leave a bad taste in your mouth?
>>
>>36142795

nope
they just think I'm an irresponsible idiot, not paying enough attention when I drop something or take ages to figure out how to work some appliance.

the asperger's enhances it (asperger's actually has dyspraxia as a common symptom, I have dyspraxia diagnosed separately as a child before asperger's). So I seem like a clumsy ignorant spacey person both physically and mentally due to bad social skills, terrible processing speed, dyspraxia.

The worst part is they can believe I have dyspraxia but still say I need to try harder or focus more.
>>
>>36142835
I do not feel alone because I avoid social contact because I do not like it.

I wanted to have a partner for sex, but I do not see myself as having an emotional bond with them.
>>
>>36142930

That sucks man, a feel you. I have three friends with aspergers. It's hilarious and depressing to see how many people dislike them for their symptoms, and I honestly have no idea why people with cognitive empathy have such a hard time realizing that they are not trying to cause a disturbance
>>
>>36142592

I some ways I find society not very helpful to those with Asperger's. It's bizarre how there are so many social cues, and yet one of them is to not point out when someone screws up. All this does is cause people to talk behind other's backs and breed resentment against those they don't understand. I hate it
>>
>>36143304

I can tell you do have SPD from the way you write. It's quick to the point, factual, not emotional, and almost comes off as terse.

Another question, if you don't mind: If you couldn't avoid an emotionally charged situation, how would you respond? Would you burst yourself? Zone out?
>>
>>36143716
I would become anxious or normal (apathetic)
>>
>>36142418
>Do terribly in university despite my will to learn because of a lack of drive
>Fail to keep promises that I have made to others
>Always lose things 3 seconds after putting them down

are you diagnosed because I'm pretty sure I have ADHD and I do all of this and more
>literally cannot pay attention or get stuff done that doesn't hold my interest
>words and numbers become a jumble if I'm not in the perfect mood to process information
>sometimes have to read a sentence over and over again because I can't concentrate long enough to make a mental picture of whatever I'm reading
>it's gotten to the point where I can't sit down and enjoy things I actually like
>get anxious about starting things
>get anxious about finishing things
>obsessive compulsive behavior like constantly cleaning my fingernails and combing my hair
>obsess over my face and teeth
>really bad oral fixation
>absolutely love chewing on plastic, smoking (though I'm in the process of quitting), and eating in general.

I'm trying to go get diagnosed and hopefully get medicated/talked to.
>>
>>36144057
Yeah, I've been diagnosed since grade 5

Word of advice on the medication: it can help, but there are consequences. You may have trouble with appetite and reduced effect and feel much less overall. These can be overcome, but not without time
>>
Have dysthymia, chronic depression, avoidant personality disorder, anxiety, derealization disorder, and paranoia
It sucks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.