[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anybody browsing right now that made it out?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Smug_1cb38f_5762907.jpg (16KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_1cb38f_5762907.jpg
16KB, 268x237px
>21
>still living with parents
>no job
>no friends
>Mostly just sleep and watch anime
I feel like I've been trapped in time since I graduated.
I have no motivation to do anything, or maybe I'm just scared to try.
I want to hear from somebody that changed themselves.
Was it worth it?
Did it get easier?
Do you still feel like it's not even worth it?
>pic not related I just like smug anime girls.
>>
File: timeremorse.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
timeremorse.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
I still need just a few more years.
>>
>>36126914
just join the military on a 4yr contract anon.
>>
>graduated with STEM
>got job
>my own apartment
>going back to school for masters
>job lined up afterwards

its nice to know I made, but its also kind of shitty to know that I am gonna be a wagecuck for next 30+ years
>>
>>36126980
I've thought about it.
I'm really socially retarded and introverted though, so I'm scared that I won't fit in.
>>
>>36126914
33 here, no it doesn't get better, might as well kill yourself you avatarfagging wannabe girl
>>
>>36126914
I mean I've had sex many many times but everything else is the same
>>
>>36127011
join the chairforce
everyone is autistic
>>
>>36126980
I leave for military basic in a week. It'll either fix me or confirm that i'm a useless mental case. I'm willing to roll those dice. NEET for 5 years, HS dropout, aspie.

>>36127011
Me too. But i'm able to speak normie well enough to get by pretty easily and am capable of living in my head so it shouldn't be that hard
>>
>>36126914
I got a bf a couple years ago and we spent three weeks in Europe, so I guess I made it. Still working on getting to school and then gainfully employed instead of being NEET. I actually had a quarter-time IT jorb for a few years, but I became redundant. Now they only call me in when the sysadmin can't be there due to fat person problems like kidney stones or back injury. Haven't been this year.
>>
>>36126914
I was aimless, virgin and working-poor until about 30. Realized that nothing was going to get better unless I took action. You are the captain of your ship, you can either drift in the current or steer for a destination.

>Was it worth it?
Yes
>Did it get easier?
In some ways, when I can enjoy what I've earned. In other ways, now I've hit a plateau and don't know where to go from here.
>>
>>36127205
>You are the captain of your ship
well somebody made a big mistake letting me captain this shit
>>
>>36126914
I am surprised that your parents are okay with this (most likely) because if you were my son I would have kicked you out as soon as you graduated with that attitude.
>>
>>36127205
I don't even know what the first step to take is.
Did you physically sit down and write a plan?
>>
>>36127368
My parents are really nice people.
It's not like I sat around doing nothing.
I've had jobs here and there.
I just don't have the drive to move forward with my life.
>>
I recommend getting a hobby that isn't consuming media
>>
>>36127368
i'm in the same boat as OP and i'm honestly surprised i haven't been kicked out yet

i wish my mother would give up on me
>>
>>36126914
I'm in the same boat anon, at least you're not addicted to drugs though
>>
>>36127474
>>36127493
One big boat family
>>
File: 1491598876313.jpg (27KB, 329x376px) Image search: [Google]
1491598876313.jpg
27KB, 329x376px
>>36126914
Get noopept and dihexa. Snort both. Watch how within a week your whole perception and life goals change.
>>
I sort of made it out I guess.

>26, 20,000$ in debt, 1500 in bank, living with parents

3 years later

>29, 64,000$ in savings, zero debt, living independently.

However I still have no relationships and still KHV either way, so I sort of got "out".
>>
>>36127547
this a joke?
>>
>graduate high school with no car, license or plans for college
>guess its the robot life for me
>meet internet girl
>"anon, quit being so afraid of everything I believe you"
>get part time job where my friend works, and bum rides there until I finally get my own license and junker car
>go to community college and eventually real college
>graduate
>got job in my field
>moved out of Dad's place into own apartment
>actually had internet girl become IRL girlfriend and move across country to me
>got married
>currently starting to try for first child

I still feel a much stronger connection to this place and you guys than my coworkers and most everyone else in the real world through. But I guess if I can do it so can you. I still have a great anxiety almost everyday, but I power through it one day at a time.
>>
File: 1460433144291.jpg (68KB, 470x478px) Image search: [Google]
1460433144291.jpg
68KB, 470x478px
>20
>Have a job
>Social life, friends that I can hang out with
>Make enough money on my own
>Have car
>Steady relationship with parents
>Have hobbies
>Mentally healthy and sound
>Still no gf

All I've ever wanted to do was live on my own and make music so I'm pretty much living the life right now, robots. Now all I need is a gf and maybe some secksy tiems and I'll pretty much be 100% satisfied with my life. Only about 90% satisfied right now.
>>
>>36128283
Howd you figure out what to study/career path? Idk what to do..
>>
I sort of got out.

>Be 27, no job, college dropout, living in dad's basement. Haven't even really talked to a girl in like 5 years.
>Two years later, found a full time job overnights, working my way to finish school.
>Today working on my phd doing research and teaching something I'm interested in. Have my own apartment and car. Had a brief relationship.
>>
>>36128378

Since I stared at community college, I had a whole two years of mostly getting my general classes out of the way.

Once you get a semester or two in and have taken a few different subjects you can sit down and realistically say to yourself "okay, what do I seem to be good at, what am I bad at, and what career can I get that involves what I'm good at that I won't completely hate and I have enough money to finish the education for.

It was actually leaving my room and signing up for that first semester and going the first few weeks that was the hardest/scariest part.

After I got thorough that, I realized the rest was just repeating it again and again for the next few years.
>>
File: 1452422540112.jpg (51KB, 680x464px) Image search: [Google]
1452422540112.jpg
51KB, 680x464px
>21
>retardedly joined the military after high school
>get steady paycheck, barracks life is shit
>no car
>terrible relationship with most of my family

I mean I made it, but its fuckin shitty
>>
>>36128747
>retardedly joined the military after high school
I'm a NEET and wish I did this, whats the downside?
>>
>>36126914
Nope im working and making money.
First time my cars legal I might drift for a while.
No idea where and I dont care.
>>
>>36128878
no legs/missing fingers/certain professions are not back home realated/people piss away their traning and GI bill/suicide
>>
Parents moved across the country from me so I had no choice but to get a shitty little apartment. Just graduated and am working juuuust enough to make rent and fuel my hobbies. Its pretty comfy really, but I also feel stuck in post-college limbo.
I mean, I'm content but I'm not sure if I should be. Just working a job at a cafe and doing not much else besides vidya.

I recently got an email from somebody for a job at crunchyroll. If it works out them my income will quadruple and comfy levels will increase to critical mass. I'm gonna do it. I'm a lazy piece of shit but I'm gonna do it. I think it might have been worth it guys, I'm gonna make it.

You can do it anon, whatever you decide to do.
>>
>>36126914
>27
>Doing STEM degree
>living with qt asian gf
>still no real friends
Sure it was worth it
Didn't really get a lot easier, but it's different which is good
Sometimes the mood takes you and you start to doubt everything, but having momentum in life is key because you can never ruminate for too long
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.