[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to be happy without romance/sex?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1487801293901.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1487801293901.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
Is it possible to be happy without romance/sex?
>>
>>36122046
Only after having had it.
>>
>>36122046
>
You won't be happy unless you achieve what you want, or achieve not wanting anything. The former is easier, the latter much more rewarding and a "true" happiness.
>>
>>36122069

I'd say the opposite is true. I was honestly fine before I had my first romantic experience with a girl at 19. A bit numb maybe, but I wasn't fucking destroyed the way I've been since she left two years ago.

I wish I never met her. I wish I never fucking had that experience. Now I know what I'm missing, what we're all missing, and it really is a massive void.
>>
get a motorcycle and go 150mph down the freeway and tell me you need others to be happy
>>
>>36122142
This is what every normalfag says.
I felt like a loser my whole life but after getting laid a few times I can finally sleep peacefully.

I still don't know romance but being an unvirgin is a huge improvement.
>>
>>36122069
>lost virginity at 17 to girl who i "loved"
>proceeded to fuck 41 more girls up to age 25
>cucked gf
>whte knights and her female friends ensured i was boxed out of social network as punishment
>now totally isolated
>nobody calls me
>stay in on weekends and watch last of us 2 kill compilations
>best parts of day are drinking beer and smoking cigs

yea it helps alot to have the weight of your shoulders. When i was a virgin i was perpetually anxious, felt out of place, and losing it felt like entering heaven/some super cool club. its sustained me through this abject loserdom

TL;DR get laid you faggot
>>
>>36122046
yes but it take a toll.
>>
>>36122142
>she left
You didn't get enough.
>>
>>36122046
Yes. You just have to stop giving a fuck. I stopped worrying about sex when I was 22 and realized I was in perma-virgin mode. Then I embraced it, now I'm 28, only two years from wizard-hood and I'm the happiest I've ever been. Have a job, my own place, a car, and I don't even fap regularly. Have friends, all of them male perma-virgin like me, we play vidya and watch movies and read comics together and shit. I'm the only one with a job and a car though. All my buddies still live mooch off of their parents and sometimes me.

Love my job, love my car, love my cat, love my house, love my life. All of it sex-free.
>>
>>36122046
I'm really liking this new Pepe off-shoot
>>
File: image.jpg (370KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370KB, 1280x1707px
>>36122046
Yeah, my autistic 26 year old sister only had a boyfriend for a week one time and she's fine without one. She's also asexual and has the mentality of a 10 year old so she never really wanted love or anything past a kiss on the lips.

She told me that she doesn't mind being single the rest of her life, although it will be hard living off one income.
>>
>>36122269
>new

hmm..really gets those neurons firing
>>
>>36122257
sounds like your parents are proud
>>
File: 1472739455025.jpg (14KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
1472739455025.jpg
14KB, 480x343px
>>36122289
>"""autistic""" girls can still get boyfriends or get kissed on the lips
girls can't even comprehend the loneliness that a man feels
>>
>>36122069
>Get affection
>Get abandoned later like the robot you are
>Now you're not only lonely but you know how good it would feel to not be

Nah I'll go with it's better to avoid romance altogether unless you're happy enough with the rest of your life, otherwise you can't deal with it ending.

>>36122200
Sex is different. Sex you can do with about anyone, doesn't need to be anyone you care.

Romance however, feels like you finally have someone who likes you for who you are, someone who will root for you and who will be there even if things go bad. It feels like you've maybe found a place in the world after all, like everything is going to be okay. And you want to give back all that you can too, you wanna make them happy just like they make you happy.

And then suddenly one day they go "nope I don't like you anymore gtfo" and you're left there to deal with both the shit you had going in your life before finding that person AND the huge emptiness that comes from having experienced happiness only to lose it. It hits your self-esteem harder than a truck full of bricks too, and it also makes you realize that most people don't really care much about you, that you could go away and no one would think much of it. You lose your "place" in the world
>>
>>36122163
kek.
You sounds like a fucking retard
>>
>>36122306
Dad is dead and he was disappointed and paranoid and crazy and thought I was a drug dealer. We weren't on great terms, even when he was dying because he treated his disease like a license to be a dick in public and play the dying card when anyone calls him out on his fuckery.

Mom is quite proud though. My mom's awesome.
>>
File: 1477090929038.gif (982KB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1477090929038.gif
982KB, 371x209px
>>36122380
You fucking faggot. I am sick and tired of you god damned normies posting this bullshit all the time. Shut the fuck up and fuck off and die.

>it's like so much harder to experience love and then lose it brah
FUCK YOU

At least you have experienced how it feels to be loved and desired. Your existence has been validated by another human being's desire. You have had someone attracted to you and want you.

You don't know how it feels to be incapable of being loved or desired. You can't even imagine it because you're a fucking normie redditor

>b-but I lost muh gf waaahhhh boohoo
go fuck yourself
>>
>>36122046
What do you mean by happy?

Because it is possible to find peace of mind, tranquility, and contentment without sex or romance. However, if you're hoping for passion, love, or elation, and consider that happiness, you're out of luck.
>>
>>36122384
It's the truth. As long as you occupy your time with things that you love doing, you don't even think about other people. Unless you're an extrovert or a feeler (regarding mbti). Introverts that are also thinkers are the master race. INTP, INTJ, ISTP, ISTJ.
>>
>>36122046
Yes me and my gf haven't have sex and waiting for marriage.

She's Christian and I snatched her up when I went to church. Plan on getting married.
>>
>>36122046
Yes, but you have to focus your life on something else entirely, something that you can feel accomplished about, something that you can do with other people preferably.
>>
>>36122615
she fucked half the congregation...
>>
>>36122615
Lucky duck, how do I snatch up a qtpi christian waifu at church?
>>
>>36122488
I bet I've been and still am more of a robot than you fucking dumbass. And guess what? I was fucking happier when I was a smelly ugly NEET living in a landfill-like room and hadn't experienced romance at all. I also cried like a fucking faggot about being lonely like you are, I also thought that I really needed love and was suicidal, I had no friends either.

But you know what? At least I hadn't experienced what I was aiming for, I had no fucking idea of what I was losing out on and how good it was, being a lonely NEET that no one likes was all I knew. Now that I experienced and it all went to complete crap I know all the shit that I'm missing out, now the loneliness turned into feeling abandoned and it hurts a fucking lot to remember of how happy I was back then.

I'm back to being an unhygienic NEET living in a dumpster and wanting to die, except now I'm just completely broken because I know how much better it could be, I've just lost my will to live. Enjoy your loneliness while you have it you fucking faggot, because if you're a robot like I am when you finally experience affection it will fucking destroy you once it ends and whatever roastie tells you that you're not worth shit.
>>
yes. I am happy. I even have a really big dong, and i used to think it was a waste to have such a big penis and not have sex, but i learned to accept it. now i just enjoy the fact that my manhood is really big and i try and flaunt it whenever i can. like when i go swimming and ill wear a speedo and my penis is basically flopping out and my bulge is so big, everyone can see it.
>>
>>36122702

there is a positive to that experience though. I think getting a girlfriend and losing her as a NEET is the quickest way to lose your will to live and finally become comfortable with suicide.

once you discover what you've been missing your while life (and go back to not having it again, probably permanently) you'll realize death is the best option for you. I recently found this out and will be suiciding before 2018. I just have to tie up some loose ends beforehand.
>>
File: wolves.jpg (503KB, 1280x1088px) Image search: [Google]
wolves.jpg
503KB, 1280x1088px
>>36122702
You STILL don't get it. You're such a normie retard it's like talking to a god damned wall.

You had the ability to attract a woman and be in a relationship at one point. And you could probably do it again if you tried. You are inherently a normie and you are incapable of understanding what it's like to exist as a robot. You have no fucking idea and you never will.

Fuck off and go seek your social validation points on rebbit or facebook whatever shithole you like. You don't belong here.
>>
>>36122702

tl;dr

Get the fuck out, you don't belong here normie faggot redditor
>>
>>36122789
You could attract a woman too autist you're just too fucking caught up in your braindead state of mind that you couldn't even consider that fact.

>muh inheritance is why I cannot get a girl

fuck off
>>
>>36122773
Same, before having experienced it, I always thought it'd be nice to die but I never actually tried or made an effort towards it. Now I've got everything set up and will likely do it before new year as well, I'm just waiting for the day that I can gather enough courage to stop being a pussy and do it.

>>36122789
>>36122851
You know what? I hope you faggots get to experience the same that I did, get someone that gives you affection and makes you happy only for them to months later reveal that they didn't even fucking like you and that for whatever bullshit reason they pretended to do it just for fun.

Really, I hope you both get a girlfriend, I hope you both get one and then later on get fucking abandoned. I hope you both get someone that makes you happy, someone that makes you feel like you belong in this world. And that then it all burns and you're left fucking worse than you had started. Maybe then you will understand that being merely lonely is way fucking better than being abandoned. So yeah, good luck on getting a gf guys, I'm rooting for you. Just don't come cry once it crashes and burns and you want to fucking die.
>>
>>36122694
You wish

>>36122699
I went to church and bible study. Helped I brought my grandma with me. I got alot of grandmas giving away their daughters. Went on a date with a few, all of them were roasties.
>>
File: sadrenchon.gif (391KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sadrenchon.gif
391KB, 640x360px
>>36122963
I feel you desu ~
In the same boat
>>
>>36122091
This, your best bet is to avoid connecting with people or trying to get laid.
You should be able to embrace and be comfortable with the fact you are a virgin, and alone. View other humans as mere components of the world
>>
>>36122046
I think it is possible to be happy without romance, but you need to have a passion or animal to keep you company. I have a good cat. He loves me and sits with me. It makes me happy.
>>
>>36122963
>>36123034
>waaahhhhh I'm normal and attractive enough to be desired by another person and my life is so hard
get out

You don't know what it's like to be a repulsive weirdo, too much of an autistic weird looking freak to even have a conversation with a girl.
>>
>>36123253
Really? I've been openly laughed at by fucking roasties in the middle of the street before, I look like I just climbed out of a cave and I'm awkward as fuck. The only way it worked that one time was because it started online, she liked my personality and we were both broken as fuck just in different ways. Hers was more of a "I don't give a single fuck about hurting people" kind of fucked up.

The world isn't so simple you autismo robot, not everyone who gets affection is a 10/10 chad. As I said, I'm an ugly overweight NEET that hadn't even had friends. So yeah, go try something online, maybe you'll get a gf. And maybe she will then crush your fucking heart so you understand that you were better off as the lonely autismal fuck that you are now. I know I was.

And if you can get even the tiniest bit of understanding to listen to me, I'll say it one last time, don't pursue romance unless you're already happy or at least content with your life. Otherwise it will fucking destroy you like it did to me.
>>
>>36122289
Give her my number
>>
>>36123484
But you eventually met you in person and she didn't run away screaming or fucking break down laughing when she saw you or heard your voice. And she evidently was not weirded out by your mannerisms or lack of social skills. You are not a robot.
>>
File: aputogether.png (567KB, 1360x832px) Image search: [Google]
aputogether.png
567KB, 1360x832px
>>36122046
if you have good friends sure you can
>>
>>36123621
Believe it or not, not all women are the same either. You're assuming that all women are roasties. Well, not all of them are, surprisingly if you see them as people instead of walking fleshlights/validation dispensers and get to know them better and like their personality, they might like you back too despite of superficial stuff.

Try online and like them for their personality, and I'm sure about anyone can get a gf. It only gets more complicated if you're superficial and aiming for a 10/10, if a girl put a lot of effort into being pretty of course she'll also want someone who put in effort.
>>
Yes, I have been so for around 10 years. Once I realized that there are greater, better things in life than love and romance, focused on things that I'm passionate about. Then it all started getting better.
>>
File: flannel_1_large.jpg (79KB, 475x585px) Image search: [Google]
flannel_1_large.jpg
79KB, 475x585px
>>36123780
>Believe it or not, not all women are the same either. You're assuming that all women are roasties. Well, not all of them are, surprisingly if you see them as people instead of walking fleshlights/validation dispensers and get to know them better and like their personality, they might like you back too despite of superficial stuff.
pic related that's you

Leave this board.
>>
>>36122380
>>Now you're not only lonely but you know how good it would feel to not be
Bullshit. When you've never had it you think it's much better than it actually is. Specially when you've watched anime every day since you were 13. You get your first gf at 20 and the first thing you think is "damn I cut my hair and showered for THIS?"
>>
>>36122380
>Get affection
>Be a robot
Pick one normalfag
>>
>>36123938
>Being this triggered

Maybe women hate you because you're an autistic loser that can't think past broad generalizations. You let an internet imageboard convince you that 50% of the world's population is all exactly the same. How can you be that retarded.

I'm done trying to talk to a retarded wall, keep believing that I'm a redditor or a hipster or whatever. I don't fucking care, it's not like I take pride in being the ugly fat neckbeard that I am.

>>36124014
I guess it was different for me because I had been a depressed suicidal fuck for years, and then all of sudden I had a bit of happiness in my life. I hadn't experienced that before, and feeling happy for once completely changed me. Until I got dumped and told I wasn't worth a shit that is, then I got even worse than before.
>>
>>36122046
Yes, absolutely. On top of that, people (both men and women) are romantically drawn to those who can find happiness outside of relationships. It puts much less responsibility and pressure on a potential partner.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.