[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I drove up to the supermarket today How can normalfags

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 65432890643269508743.jpg (49KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
65432890643269508743.jpg
49KB, 480x454px
>mfw I drove up to the supermarket today
How can normalfags pilot a 1,000 pound death machine and feel completely safe doing it?

It felt like I was part of an Apollo mission, holy shit.
>>
>>36119737
You get used to it quickly.
>>
>>36119737
>It felt like I was part of an Apollo mission, holy shit.
holy shit this

>tfw learning how to drive
I'm pretty good at it but I know I'll avoid driving as much as I can in my life
>>
File: 1469156787324.jpg (56KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
1469156787324.jpg
56KB, 597x519px
>>36119737
I get anxiety riding a bike, I doubt I would ever be able to handle driving a car.
>>
>>36119737
well the typical car weighs over 3000 pounds, closer to 4...
>>
File: 1484705917648.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484705917648.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>36120789
maybe once you sit in it
>>
I feel the same way.

>got my permit 3 years ago
>was scared of driving and let it expire
>>
Driving is easy and fun once you get used to it
>>
>>36119737
You get used to it eventually. At your stage as a beginner, you tend to overthink everything and so every little thing on the road scares you. After a couple hours of driving, you realize that 99% of it is simple routine and common sense.
>>
They dont think about it. Ive only driven a few times with an actual car, but im always paranoid as fuck about hitting shit, even in a OHV.
>>
>>36119737
You do get used to it.

I felt that way when I started driving 4 years ago.
Though, whenever I have my first accident, I'll probably die of panic attacks.

To be honest though, if you're like this, you'll never actually like driving, it's a chore.

>>36120538
>I'll avoid driving as much as I can in my life

Good luck with that mate.
I try to avoid it and because family, still end up driving nearly every day. Say bye bye to any boozer you love.

Easiest way to avoid driving outright, you'll learn, is to start every morning (when you're not at work) with a few shots of whiskey.
"Can't drive, sorry, I've had a drink" - this will save you from soo many problems.
>>
>>36119737

>live in rural oklahoma
>completely straight roads and highways
>drive 110mph everywhere, feels like i'm going slow
>cops don't care at all / are never even patrolling roads
>have never gotten a ticket
>no accidents / crashes

driving in Oklahoma City is kind of stressful but it's not too bad, it's really only stressful if i have no idea where i am or going
>>
You're never supposed to feel safe driving a car. It's a huge responsibility.

I have a dozen year of driving experience and I still say that nobody should really be given that responsibility and I have drove ver recklessly in the past.
>>
>>36119737
i'm 21 without a license because i genuinely believe i'm going to kill someone as i can't pay attention to the road

it's so fucking sketchy
>>
Do robots unironically get scared of driving? It's not hard at all once you do it for like 2-3 months. I only try to not drive for economic reasons because I'm a poorfag who can't afford gas, let alone insurance.
>>
>>36119737
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFfxgn1EkWc
>>
I'm the safest driver I know and I'm laying in bed right now with a shattered leg and a totaled car. No matter how safe you are there's always someone who isn't
>>
>>36121545
Do you not know how to use the word "unironically" or something?
>>
>>36119737
I work with heavy machinery. It's fun as faq boi. I mean dangerous.
>>
>>36121545

Robots have anxiety and attention problems. A true robot is unable to calm themselves and focus long enough to drive even short distances. It's why they take public transportation or, of that doesn't go where they need to be, have mommy drove them.
>>
I drove an 800 foot long boat today. Feels good man.
>>
>>36119737
I have never gone around a roundabout. I live in a small town and I can take routes to avoid them. I did my driving test in an even smaller town near here that has like 2 roundabouts total and we didn't go on them.

They are the devil.
>>
>>36122054
They are the devil. Most normies fuck them up badly too so dont feel too bad
>>
>sweden
>have had my license for five years
>still terrified of driving in cities or with other cars around me

I've never been in an accident, and outside drivers ed never even been close to one. Always aware about my surroundings when driving and always atleast 5km/h lower than the speed limit. I still feel like I mess it up and put myself, the car or other people around me in danger every time I'm behind the wheel.

>mfw the drivers instructor told me that I drive like a 50 year old cunt who counts the change other people get at the store
>mfw I lost my face at prom
>>
>>36122054
>I live in America the post
>>
>>36121270
>Say bye bye to any boozer you love.
>Easiest way to avoid driving outright, you'll learn, is to start every morning (when you're not at work) with a few shots of whiskey.
>"Can't drive, sorry, I've had a drink" - this will save you from soo many problems.
>tfw muslim so can't drink
Time to buy a camel I guess, and anyone who honks me will be sued for racism and bigotry
>>
File: 1457557521010.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457557521010.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
I'm a fucking awful driver. Not because I can't do it but because I'm so nervous behind the wheel about everything

>can only drive comfortably wearing my trainers
>get into car wearing a pair of heavy botos without thinking
>mfw i take off like a bullet and literally everything feels wrong because my shoes are too heavy

AAAAA
>>
>>36122054
I just drive over them, they are for fags.
>>
for me, driving is the only situation where i truly feel like a normie. i'd drive all day if i could

>>36122054
>>36122956
you folks just gotta drive more. once it becomes routine it gets so much more enjoyable. go drive at night so there's fewer cars and people won't see you fuck up.
>>
File: 1488467034003.jpg (1MB, 534x2707px) Image search: [Google]
1488467034003.jpg
1MB, 534x2707px
>friend goes 110 on crowded highway
>weaves in and out of traffic
>never checks his mirrors
>turns on his blinkers when he's already changing lanes
>gives me shit because I'm white-knuckle petrified
i want to fucking kick his teeth in holy shit
>>
I just remind myself that there is a better chance I'll die in a car than not so that makes me feel better.
>>
I really dislike roundabouts. Just because I find it really hard to tell where people are signalling. Hard to see signal in the first place for me, different designs for each car, people who don't signal, etc.

Also hate driving at lower gears. Switching between first and second is a pain when driving around town areas, and when you're on the verge of shifting down but you just wanna stick in second.
>>
>>36121611
>Avoiding the question by asking an unrelated question
Well, I know your answer already.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.