[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 2 of trying the "Be yourself" meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1491523206838.png (112KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1491523206838.png
112KB, 500x522px
Same situation as last time. No progress!

I went outside to the park saw a bunch of normies, chads and stacies all having a good time. My anxiety kicked in and I was too afraid to find a girl to talk to.

Also, there were literally no girls they were all with their friends and the only girl I saw that was approachable was just waiting for her boyfriend in the store.

At least an hour of walking around with no avail. But I won't quite yet, still gonna try!

But it was a good sunny day in London today so that was good.
>>
Self bump because I really just want someone to talk to :^(
>>
>>36115741
>actually trying the "Be yourself" meme
Try the "be someone you entirely made up all the time" meme. I tried it the last couple of weeks, and it seems to work.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 1024x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 1024x359px
>>36115741
Stop posting this one and post the full thing
>>
I'm proud of you OP. I know how hard it can be to make those first steps but exposure is the most important thing to controlling the anxiety and becoming comfortable with social experience.

Keep it up! Seriously dude.
>>
>>36115741
uhhh anon I don't know what kind of meme you've fallen for but I don't think most people in the park want random strangers to go talk to them.

Socially I'm fine having normal conversations but the idea of just going up and talking to a random stranger seems so cringey and retarded. They probably don't want to be talked to and they don't know you so it will end badly. Talk to people somewhere else.
>>
>>36115741
This time did you at least feel less nervous
>>
>image
Fuck, that is me.
>>
>>36116136
No ;^( I just want someone to hold.
>>
Day one of red pilling

Sometimes being yourself won't work, like when you're a ronery robot with a victim complex, and you should change yourself.
>>
>>36116080
I always try to not be myself but be my best self it's worked in the past just trying to do it again.

>>36116090
Didn't think it was relevant to the topic at hand but I do have it though!

>>36116100
Thanks anon comments like these are what keep me going!
>>
https://youtu.be/QdobPnkZjKQ

God this is just too easy lmfaoooo
>>
>>36116133
>uhhh anon I don't know what kind of meme you've fallen for but I don't think most people in the park want random strangers to go talk to them.

Of course they do. One of the most common pieces of normie advice is, "Just talk to people." You'll get nowhere in life if you keep making up excuses not to talk to people.
>>
>>36116212
I kinda get what you mean but what I try to do is not so much try to be myself but my best self
>>
>>36116090
>the alpha walk
>walk behind other

I don't have time to walk behind someone doing 2 mph walk in a park. If I walk somewhere with a purpose I'll walk fast and take others over.
>>
>>36116224
lol that was quick! I'm just happy that I made it onto YouTube!
>>
i think your problem is that you're probably trying to target your end goal right off the bat. talk to guys or old people to start out
>>
>>36116562
Hey, that's actually a pretty good idea. Just that I'm impatient but we'll see.
>>
>>36116090
>mfw I'm a literal combination of the two
About the Alpha walk I have the "don't care how others perceive him", head held high, aware of surroundings, effortless walk, and walk with confidence, but everything else is virgin walk.

What does that make me? The Alpha Virgin walk?
>>
>>36117036
So you hunch your back as well as keep your head held high. Nigga you weird
>>
File: alphvirg.png (13KB, 375x521px) Image search: [Google]
alphvirg.png
13KB, 375x521px
>>36117265

Artistic depiction

Drew on a laptop, no mean comments pls
>>
File: this.jpg (49KB, 492x270px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
49KB, 492x270px
>>36116080
this completely, when i'm by myself i'm an INTP shut in, but when i'm outside with newly acquired friends i crack shitty "le instagram" jokes and pretend to be normal. it works too well.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>36117782
holy shit fucking lost it
>>
>>36115741
You're going about this the wrong way you fucking aspie lol. This is its crazy how delusional robots are. Make slow steps. Make friends first through things like work or school and make female friends through those friends. Eventually you will work your way up to a gf. Let it happen naturally. Don't force yourself to go out by yourself and stalkerishly approach random people and ask if you can be their friend. Seriously stop browsing 4chan if you want to make any real progress. This fucking cancerous site will put all kinds of philosophies and concepts into your mind that you will project onto other people before even meeting them and will distort reality for you and ruin any future interactions you have with people. I can't believe I came back after a year of not browsing 4chan. You won't know how bad this place clouds your judgement until you take a break.
>>
>>36117955
>This fucking cancerous site will put all kinds of philosophies and concepts into your mind that you will project onto other people before even meeting them and will distort reality for you and ruin any future interactions you have with people. I can't believe I came back after a year of not browsing 4chan. You won't know how bad this place clouds your judgement until you take a break.

this is completely true, 4chan isn't the root of all your shit but it definitely contributes
>>
File: 1490878427450.png (446KB, 2518x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490878427450.png
446KB, 2518x1024px
>>36116090
>not posting best version
shame on you
>>
Just work on that social anxiety pal, a little at a time go out, talk to people, get used to being a functioning member of society. Don't seek out a girl to talk to if you're looking for a date or something, 'be yourself' works more if you just learn to live despite your anxiety, and live doing what you would normally, and eventually you'll meet someone.

I know it seems hard now, but even a small step forward is progress, I swear it gets better, trust me, you can do it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.