[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found out I'm retarded

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: salvador-sostres.jpg (9KB, 225x250px) Image search: [Google]
salvador-sostres.jpg
9KB, 225x250px
Found out I have there's a difference of almost 50% between my the IQ of my left and right brain hemispheres. According to the WISC-IV test, which I took back when I was 12, I have a right IQ of 101, the left one being 150. I've read that differences between hemispheres may lead to learning disabilities and shit. Any psychologist or aficionado robot can give me a rundown on what my IQ results mean? Thanks.
>>
>>36114395

This is something I haven't heard of. Do you mean verbal and visual IQ's?
>>
>>36114450
Yep, left standing for verbal and right for visual-spatial. Even tho, verbal IQ includes more abilities than just use of language, such as conceptual-semantic thought, arithmetics and shit. I said left and right just in order to avoid simplistic responses like "you'll be good at talking but not as good as a pilot" and shit.
>>
>>36114558

I understand. I was just wondering because to my understanding verbal and visual abilities aren't simply divided to different hemispheres but brain areas (which I'm not very knowledgeable of).

Is this difference noticeable to you? For example, are you very good in verbal tasks but suck at visual tasks? Are you diagnosed with anything, like Aspergers or other autism spectrum disorder or learning disorders? Jewish? How is the back of your head shaped? Putting those two scores together and dividing them by two means that your full-scale IQ is 125, putting you in the high average range. Smarter than most people but nothing spectacular.
>>
>>36114395
SOSTRES
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36114800
>For example, are you very good in verbal tasks but suck at visual tasks?
Dunno what would you consider as exanples for visual tasks. I'm a mediocre chess player for one. I'd say I write better than most people of my generation, even if it's the resulf of a reading habit of years.
Never got anything diagnosed, the same psychologist who made me take the IQ test disregarded any real posibility of autistic disorders. He said I had some hints of Assburgers, but the average assburger had a much lower IQ. I feel like he was a lil full of shit tho desu.
Some confirmed jewish great-great-grandma over there. Also, I'm a spaniard and, as far as I know, we got plenty of jewidh blood running through our veins even if we can't give our jewish ancestry any names or surnames.
I may be nordic, atlantic or east baltic, pointed nape and shit. I think the back of my skull is more prominent than the east baltic one tho.
The psychologist estimated that it was too risky to say what my overall IQ was since there was such a disparity between dem two hemispheres kek.
>>36114923
Patron ideologico de r9k, aunque ninguno de ambos lo sepa.
http://www.elmundo.es/blogs/elmundo/guantanamo/2010/08/20/una-mujer-es-su-cuerpo.html
>>
>>36114395

I took the WISC-IV when I was younger and had a similar albeit more drastic result.

My visual-spatial IQ was determined to be about 80 while my verbal IQ was 142.

I don't pay the result much mind any more. I'm slow with most mechanical tasks, but I've always been a bit above average with mathematics, especially physics. Would I ever be exceptional as a physicist? No, which is why I opted to study neuroscience instead.

Frankly, I think I was just nervous during the test. I'd done some rather stupid things and had to be evaluated by a psychiatrist prior to a court proceeding, as was standard practice for juvenile offenders. I hadn't realized he was testing my intelligence and was stalling on almost every question he asked. I even lied and told him I had a girlfriend, kek. Almost had a miniature panic attack when he asked for a name.
>>
>>36115169
Me cago en su puta alma.
>>
>>36115561
Admito que es un gusto adquirido.
http://www.elmundo.es/blogs/elmundo/guantanamo/2012/07/24/erasmus.html
>>
just curious, do you have aphantasia?
>>
>>36115650
When I'm reading a novel I may occasionally come up with fortuite images of the looks of the characters, but I don't use them later as the plot develops. These are unintentional. But if I'm reading a description about a visual phenomenon I can usually design a picture of it and feel aesthetically pleased by it (althought it might be a pleasure inevitably intoxicated by literary-wordish-conceptual beauty).
>>
>>36115922
>I can usually design a picture of it and feel aesthetically pleased by it

that's cool I guess
>>
>>36115253
As a neuroscientist, what would you have to say about results like those of ours?
>>
>>36115253
Ha, good that I came across you.

I always wanted to go into neuroscience, but recently decided that actually conducting research is not as much fun, and I'm switching to physics. I have to choose my master's in two months and I can choose both neuroscience and physics.

Indeed, I'm not a Paul Dirac, nor an Euler or a Goethe, leaving my expected contribution/actual understanding insignificant.

Neuroscience would be my actual dream, but I believe that -and increasingly so in the coming decades- this field should be approached with physics. Is it possible to do so in this moment of time? I'm fascinated by the brain, but when I look around, most of the resaerch does not go further than 'this part of the brain is responsible for x and y'.

Could you elaborate a little on your background/ how you perceive neuroscience as a phycisist?

Thanks!
>>
>>36114395
The left brain and right brain don't operate separately faggot. This a meme nignug
>>
>>36114800
>125, putting you in the high average range. Smarter than most people but nothing spectacular.
That's higher than 95% of all humans. It is not high average. It isn't genius but it is exceptional.
>>
>>36117434
Not talking about left-right as a spatial dichotomy, but as a functional one. Most IQ tests rely on that shit, as far as I know. See >>36114558
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.