[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else here live and work in a major city? Do you enjoy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: pepeisunhappy.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
pepeisunhappy.png
139KB, 917x871px
Anybody else here live and work in a major city?

Do you enjoy it (for the most part)?

I live in London and I hate it. Too much pollution. Too many non-whites. Rent is too expensive. Etc.
>>
I live in SF and it's great. The best food and comedians are always here and there are decent shows at almost any given time.
My biggest hobby -board games- has a huge community in Berkeley... It's good, mang
>>
>>36114535
What job do you have?

Isn't rent in SF super high?
>>
>>36114586
electrical eng and yes but what does that matter? I wouldn't want to live in a box in Arizona
>>
I live in Rome and it fucking sucks senpai, the traffic is horrible, people have no idea how to drive at all, the city is just too big for me, some people are pretty ok I'd say, the sights of the city are unique but no bf to visit them with so I never got around to doing much visiting, the living costs are a bit high, rent is no cheap, food and sweets are pretty accsessible tho, also fuck car insurance, that shit is just horribly high
>>
Country boy here. I hate big cities but for a guy who doesn't have much of a life, dating is MUCH EASIER in big cities.

It's all a numbers game and we benefit from big numbers.

I plan to move to an even larger city and keep living in cities until I settle down. Then move back to the country, job permitting.
>>
>>36114729
Rome's population is 2.5 million, with around another 3.5 million in the suburban area?

London has 8.5 million people in the central area alone

>>36114815
OP here. Yes I agree about the dating, although I'm still a KHHV. Where do you live?
>>
>>36114729

Sei Italiana(/o?) ? La campagna la giu e bellissima.
>>
>>36114869

I'm currently living on the outskirts of our metropolitan area in the Netherlands. Next year moving right into the centre of it all.
>>
>>36114869
Damn, I never imagined London has that many people, how can people like living in such big cities
>>36114971
Sono rumeno anon, ma anche io sono cresciuto in campagna e mi manca tantissimo
>>
I don't want to live in a major city. Too many Muslims there nowadays.. Berlin is basically a huge no-go zone. I like living in a comfortably big city (~500,000 inhabitants). It has everything a big city needs, but is still small enough not to get targeted by Mudslimes
>>
>>36115237

The muslims never bothered me to be honest. I don't get what everyone is talking about. I never witnessed any trouble from them or anyone else to be honest.
>>
I live in a medium sized city and I'm looking to move into a big city this year. I want to move to Chicago, I just feel it would be easier on the whole dating scene and it would be better for my personal and professional life.

But I will probably regret it just like I regretted moving to my semi-big city.
>>
File: CP.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
CP.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
I live in small-town America but spent two years in New Delhi - I came back home in December.

Honestly, I like the city a lot. There's plenty to do in terms of social groups and activities. Nightlife isn't too expensive and there's a multitude of local liquors and foods which can be bought for a matter of cents. Being white also means that I can meet people with ease. Women relax around me more easily than in the States and guys always want my opinion on politics or their country. Always got a kick out of Indians' reactions when I'd order off a Hindi-script menu or sign, as they'd be shocked a foreigner knew how to read Devanagari or Urdu or whatever else.

Pollution was a bitch, though, and so were public transportation options. Auto-walas are fucking miserable cheats, the Delhi Metro is beyond crowded at peak hours, and Indians have no social manners; I swear, the entire country is incapable of forming an orderly queue unless there's a man with a big stick or gun at the front.

I guess I have a love-hate relationship with Delhi and India as a whole, but I always miss it a lot when I leave.
>>
>>36115397
One time my parents came to visit. When we drove past a fun fair, we saw a bunch of brown people beat each other up. Must have been 10 people just bashing their fists into each other. It was a rare, but funny sight.
>>
Where do you even meet girls in big cities besides online dating?

Everyone always says there is lots to do, but what is there to do besides drinking in bar?

I wouldn't even have friends to go to bars with.
>>
File: marge.jpg (34KB, 756x419px) Image search: [Google]
marge.jpg
34KB, 756x419px
>live in a horrible shitty city in the UK (stoke on trent)
>dirty, full of retards
>decide I want to go and work on a farm
>send out several email to local farmers asking if I can work for them
>only two respond both asking which skills I have
>say I don't but am willing to learn
>one never contacts me again
>other one emails, says he will call me to discuss options
>spend the next week, each day reading up on articles about farming, food security, climate change etc etc
>get the call
>make smll talk
>he asks what I think I can bring with no experience to his farm
>I say 'knowledge'
>go on a 10 minute rant about climate change and how his farm should stop raising pigs and switch to indoor insect farming as this is more sustainable
>think I offended him
>30 seconds of silence
>he says 'chirp chirp'
>shouts 'sorry, that was my insect farm calling me'
>hangs up

fuck this
>>
>>36114344
Whereabouts in London are you OP? I've lived in a couple of places there.
>>
>>36115507

I think it's just a matter of how the city deals with it.

The only violence I saw here was from drunkards and they tended to be white.

All the Muslims do is hangout in front of Churches and talk.
>>
>>36115551

I don't get what you are trying to do OP.

If it's made up, it's not funny nor believable.

If it's real, you need to start taking your meds again.
>>
>>36115551

you got lucky tbf, working on a farm is shit tier work, owning one is comfy though.

Just go get some retail job while applying for entry roles for whatever you wanna do.

if you don't have the experience, then look into doing an internship or apprenticeship scheme; no point wallowing in self pity.
>>
Lived in urban shitholes all my life and now really want out. People are probably shit everywhere, but thanks to fugees things took a really deep nosedive here.
Finishing some education and hopefully I can make enough to leave and never look back afterwards.
>>
>>36115558
South of the river m8.

Where have you lived?
>>
>>36115801
Lived in south west (Ealing) and east (Hackney)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.