[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre modern people: Work six hours a day max Lots of holidays,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

Pre modern people:
Work six hours a day max
Lots of holidays, real holidays where the entire community would get together in song, dance, and feasting, not this "take one day off work and get drunk by yourself" bullshit
Colorful clothing
Bountiful food including salmon, natural berries, mushrooms, and elk
Drugs nonexistent
Fresh water pours from every creek and valley into a pristine sea
Wake up with the rising of the sun and the songs of the birds
Spend the winter around a fire telling the stories of your ancestors
Parents arrange marriages for their children at ages 12-14
Virgin marriages
Naturally toned bodies from manual labor and lack of pollution in food and water
Live within a community that will always have your back
Die knowing your name will live on in the stories and songs of your community until the end of time
>>
Post modern people:
Work eight hours a day, plus a minimum of one hour unpaid commute time, plus the time to actually convert that money into food and resources
Maybe two weeks of holiday time per year, which you celebrate alone
Social events such as clubs and bars are strictly stratified by class, antisocial in nature, and generally revolve around the commodification of sex
Clothing is dark colored and utilitarian, patterns/flourishes are shunned, hats are ugly cotton sacks and rarely worn
Food is limited to corn products and factory meat, anything that's not genetically modified and doesn't come from a can generally costs an arm and a leg
A new potentially deadly drug gets invented every week and can be bought by anyone with an Internet connection. Tobacco and liquor everywhere, addiction is common
Pollutants which leak from every ditch and pipe into a brown murky sea
Lie in bed till three in the morning while the cars zip by outside your cramped apartment
When you die every scrape of your existence will be scrubbed from your home so it can be sold to highest bidder

Was civilization a mistake?
>>
>people constantly dying of deseases and infection, e.g common cold can kill you
>people killed by animals all the time
>the weather can kill you
>piss and shit everywhere, no hygiene
>starvation everywhere
>kill disabled offspring
>leave babies to die in the cold when too poor
Nah mate you got it pretty good
>>
>>36109835
>just thinking how brutal and savage people were back then

OP if you lived in the past you would have your head chopped off by Chad after he rapes your women and then burns your village to the ground.

>doesn't stop me from wishing I could of been a warrior and a captain of men living with honour by the sword
>>
>>36109835
Die by plague
No internet
Lords could rape you
No heating
Your body is worn out when you hit 30
>>
>>36110118
> traps not invented
Couldn't not live like that
>>
>>36109835
>Work six hours a day max
>Drugs nonexistent
>Virgin marriages
>Live within a community that will always have your back
nigga you are full of shit
>>
>>36109835
>>36109855
I'm pretty sure people used to be happier and more fulfilled when they lived according to how evolution designed them, that is as hunter-gatherers. That's not to say change is always bad, but the thing is we radically changed our lifestyle over the last 10,000 years, but we remained (almost) the same as a species. The things that make us happy and fulfilled have not changed, and you're not going to find them by spending 8 hours a day in a shitty office room instead of walking and running in the wild.
>>
>>36110163
Let's do it! Let's walk naked to the next forest and live like god intended

Beta uprising stage 1
>>
File: 1466416876931.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466416876931.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>36109835
>>36109855
Most of this is true and I largely agree with the point you're trying to make, but you are incredibly ignorant if you think pre modern people didn't do drugs. They most certainly did. Getting high on drugs has been a part of human culture for longer than modern society has existed.
>>
>>36110159
There is fuck all to do in farms when not harvesting, medieval peasants spent most of their time resting.
>>
>>36109855
>Post modern people:
>Work eight hours a day, plus a minimum of one hour unpaid commute time, plus the time to actually convert that money into food and resources
>Maybe two weeks of holiday time per year, which you celebrate alone
>Social events such as clubs and bars are strictly stratified by class, antisocial in nature, and generally revolve around the commodification of sex
>Clothing is dark colored and utilitarian, patterns/flourishes are shunned, hats are ugly cotton sacks and rarely worn
>Food is limited to corn products and factory meat, anything that's not genetically modified and doesn't come from a can generally costs an arm and a leg
>A new potentially deadly drug gets invented every week and can be bought by anyone with an Internet connection. Tobacco and liquor everywhere, addiction is common
>Pollutants which leak from every ditch and pipe into a brown murky sea
>Lie in bed till three in the morning while the cars zip by outside your cramped apartment
>When you die every scrape of your existence will be scrubbed from your home so it can be sold to highest bidder
What shithole do you live in? In Europe we have 5 weeks of minimum paid holidays, 35h work weeks and 10 minutes of walking commute.
>>
>>36110118
you're talking about the dark ages you fucking imbecile

Unabomber did nothing wrong. Primativism is truth.
>>
>>36110322
I'm european. Very few people here enjoy those benefits. Everyone else works under the table 8-10 hrs a day saturdays included for a couple hundred euro a month. The highest paying job I had paid 400 eu a month.
>>
If I had to work a full time job I'd literally just kill myself

how do normies do it?
>>
>>36110411
Brainwashed into believing they enjoy it.
>>
>>36110388
I receive 500 in student bux per month
>>
>>36110335
More like 17th century
What is op talking about?
>>
>>36110388
You live in a third world shithole. Your own fault.
>>
>>36110301

Before industrial farming it was a constant battle against weeds and pests. You had to walk the rows daily pulling sprouts from the ground and removing worms from the crops. Also always smearing shit in ground for fertilizer
>>
What are you talking about you cretin? It is obvious that you don't know literally anything about premodern life, your whole image of it is based on those kitschy pastoral paintings and your own fantasies.
>>
File: 1482020250037.gif (826B, 120x160px) Image search: [Google]
1482020250037.gif
826B, 120x160px
>>36110729
Yes good goy. Pre modern life was terrible! We are lucky to live in today's society!
>>
>>36109835
>Work six hours a day max

You can't seriously believe this? You're an idiot.
>>
>>36110754
>We are lucky to live in today's society!
I didn't say that
>>
>>36109835
Yes. This is what I wanted since I was 15.
It can be done even today, there are still lots of places around the world where you can do this.

But try to get someone on board and
>b-but we need to BUY the land
>b-but I don't have the money to do this
>b-but muh comfort and chance of living in vegetable state for another xx years

If I ever find people who are for real about this I swear on all the gods that I will pack my bag and just walk with them somewhere deep in the nature and try my best to establish community. I have nothing else to live for and I can't even imagine having anything else worthy of living for.

But I will never find people like me so.....
>>
I swear to fucking god, when i get the money im moving out of this hot, barren shithole back to New Zealand and living in the southern alps. I invite you bots to join me and build a small colony
>>
>>36109923
The common cold wouldn't kill you dumbass. Since when does a person ever die from a common cold? That would only happen if they had a very very terrible immune system, and with living in the wild they would have very good immune systems, since they are exposed to lots of bacteria and stuff that their body fights off and develops immunity to.
>>
>>36109855
>literally only applies to america
>>
>>36110301
Are you trolling or a genuine fucking retard?
>there's fuck all to do in farms when not harvesting
Planting? Weeding? Feeding animals? Fencing? Selling crops? Fixing equipment?
>>
>>36110335
>Unironocally uses "dark-ages"
>Being this historically illiterate
>>
File: 234523452345.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
234523452345.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>36110238
>Getting high on drugs has been a part of human culture for longer than modern society has existed.

what the fuck?
>>
>>36110989
Holy fuck you are completely retarded
>>
Was civlization worth it? (1/2)

You're born into a small village in Europe 1000 years ago.

There are only a few other your age, so you meet all of your friends during childhood and grow up beside them. You explore in the woods, make games, laugh together. You never leave the lands you're born on but that's okay because all of your friends and family are assured to stay here as well.

You marry your wife at age 16. You've both known eachother since you were children. You've done nothing special to get her, no game, no pick-up artistry no gymceling (you already have a healthy form due to working outdoors all day). You guys got together purely because you've known eachother since birth and feel close and comfortable with eachother. You consummate your marriage to her, looking into innocent teen eyes as you orgasm, coming into her virgin pussy unprotected. She's pregnant with your son and you start working on the farm, or by fishing, or hunting or whatever your trade was in order to start providing for your family. You do this over the next several years, and by the age of 30 you have 10 kids with her all working in the same village. Work is hard but it keeps your body in good shape. There is no commute, no cubicles, no busy work. Your just do your labor and come home at night and have sex with your wife all night.

You die around age 55-60, much earlier than the modern year. But when you die you're not absolutely literally falling apart, hooked up with a bunch of machines, being pumped with tons of meds, shitting into a bag. You pass away peacefully but do so with the knowledge that all of your children will marry white people from the surrounding area as well, and that you've lived a fulfilling and happy life.
>>
>>36112474
(2/2)
Nowadays you don't have any of that. Civilization, Social media, college has ruined that. When you consummate your marriage with your wife she'll be like 25-30 and her body will already be used up by other men. You'll probably have 1-2 kids because of her declining fertility. She'll feel a lot less close to you because you've likely only known eachother post-adolescence. You might have had to truly suffer to get her too, learning "game" and "pick-up-artistry" and sacrificing all of your free time in the gym. This is because instead of just competing with the 10 other dudes in your village, you're competing with thousands of men in the cities and universities and on Tinder and Facebook. And this is all just to get some used pussy that will never remember you as fondly as the dude that took her virginity in middle school.

Was it worth it, really? Was it worth it to be moderately well educated than our ancestors? Was it worth it to live 10+ years compared to our ancestors? Was it worth it to have 100 different oreo types to choose from, instead of just the local home grown food? Was it worth it to become "civilized"?
>>
>>36109835
No medicine
A simple cut can get infected and kill you
Women frequently died during childbirth
Pointless deaths in pointless battles
Everyone smelled like shit due to lack of hygiene and bathing, especially in winter months

How fun.
>>
>>36112351
It has you fucking retard. See that monkey in your picture? Monkeys got high on plants
>>
>>36110073
Only if you were a nigger in Africa.
>>
>>36109835
>>36109855
Hi varg, stop vargposting and crush the degeneracy
>>
>>36110301
You are fucking stupid.
Modern life is a human-made hell, unless you are rich enough to neet without being called that way. But olden times were no hollywood fairytale by a long shot.
>>
>>36110539
Oh god that sounds so horrible, think of your skin getting all burned. You might accidentally put your back out too bending over!
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.