[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/musicianfeels/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: jobal15.jpg (36KB, 361x267px) Image search: [Google]
jobal15.jpg
36KB, 361x267px
>tfw when you will never finish writing an album
>tfw when write music I am incapable of playing and can't practice because of uni
>>
>>36102026
>>tfw when you will never finish writing an album
Brainlet

t. Composer
>>
>>36102026
>tfw have a professional sounding album coming out soon with my band
>songs are fresh, my playing is good
>don't see how anyone is going to care about it and almost seems pointless
>>
Psshh..

Leaving my home town on Monday to spend 22 days away recording my debut release. Doing the vocals, guitars and bass with a drummer doing his parts.

21 years old. Have no idea if it will bomb, but I decided fucking yolo and dedicated the last two years of my life to it. Wrote some really r9kesque lyrics.
>>
>>36102179
please post your band
>>
Honestly dude fuck it, it is pretty fun playing music and playing live is a great feeling (especially with songs that have already been tracked).
>>
File: 1491172767693.jpg (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491172767693.jpg
1MB, 900x900px
Tfw you have been playing music for years but only written one complete piece because you desire a band or something to kick-start your creativity and it's so hard to do it yourself because you lose focus on the one project
>>
>want to record myself playing acoustic to make some extra income
>sounds like shit when I record it on my computer and don't know how to make it better
it sucks

>>36102129
post one of your songs or what you say means nothing
>>
>>36102179
Let me hear a sample bro....
>>
>tfw you find out your mother unwittingly sold your black metal songs you recorded on a tape recorder with your name clearly written on them in your first year of uni and you see some kids from the year below you buys it and posts it on twitter.
>>
>>36102026
>>can't practice because of uni
dude what? Bass is like the only thing keeping me sane from all the leftover time
>>
>>36102247
>post one of your songs or what you say means nothing
Hahahaha no.

That's one of the first things you don't know as a professional composer senpai.
I'm just saying that OP is a brainlet because he doesn't have enough imagination to do an album, yet, if you really love your instrument, you would do compositions 24/7.
>>
>>36102244
Same.... I have riffs and sometimes I can make it flow but it would help to have other people's input. And have other parts like bass and drums in it too.
>>
>>36102301
Also I'm pretty hgih so I might not relpy k?
>>
>>36102301
Some of us have to actually play all the instruments and like to play technically complex music that requires more than just theory. Keep talking shit you pseudo musician
>>
File: image.png (459KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
459KB, 768x1024px
www.reverbnation.com/sundreamgun

.....but I'm really into trading cryptocurrencies these days
>>
>>36102296
Why don't you play guitar? Bass seems really limited on what you can do.
>>
>>36102377
Bass is a thousand times easier and it's more easily picked up by retards who don't want to learn chord theory or speed
>>
>>36102301
I'm not OP I just want to hear the music of a self proclaimed professional composer.

>That's one of the first things you don't know as a professional composer senpai.
What exactly is it I don't know? Just post something or shut up.. Make something up if you have to.
>>
File: 1489108947796.jpg (35KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489108947796.jpg
35KB, 512x512px
>>36102377
>>36102405
I just like Bass. It sounds nice and you don't draw much attention
>>
Got an album done. Recorded the whole thing live in less than a week, in a cramped bedroom. Neither of us have any experience with recording. Never even been in a studio.

Don't think I ever want to record in a studio. Too much pressure and less control. Gonna get some equipment one of these days and just press record every time we practice.
>>
Any self taught music fags here? I wouldn't mind learning piano if i ever restore the family piano.
>>
>>36102524
What do you consider self-taught? I learned how to play guitar from youtube videos 8 years ago and now I can shred pretty good senpai
>>
>>36102524
Yeah kind of.

original comment
>>
>>36102480
I see. It cool man. Without you a song would feel empty. I play a little bass when I get tired of playing guitar.keep doing you bro
>>
>>36102557
As it sounds. People who have taught themselves how to play on their own without a teacher. Just reading books, listening, practicing and watching videos.
>>
>>36102557
post music

orijinal
>>
>>36102301
still waiting for something from the next beethoven
>>
>>36102524
I'm self taught. I just looked up scales and how chords work and made chords up and down the fret board and made my own little riffs. I also learned a bunch of the strokes song, really easy songs. But I feel like I'm lacking a little bit. I might take lessons at my college next semester idk..... oh yeah I play the guitar
>>
>>36102635
I don't have anything recorded and I don't even own a gaming mic so I can't. I play a lot of Decaptitated and Deathspell Omega tho
>>
>>36102354
>www.reverbnation.com/sundreamgun

I really enjoy this. thank you :)
>>
>>36102710
thank you and you're welcome!
>>
File: 2367.jpg (33KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2367.jpg
33KB, 500x333px
>>36102301
>composer
>"I cannot play an instrument so I'll pay other people to play it for me while I make hand wiggles" the profession

keep it up bub can't wait to see you teach band at my junior high after your riveting one concerto
>>
>>36102354
Extremely interesting music anon, and I am an elitist metal head so I don't normally say that about non metal music
>>
>>36102758
appreciate it even more, coming from a metal head
>>
>>36102354
Pretty interesting. It different but it's good
>>
>>36102405
>chord theory
Any good bassist knows this. Actually, I learned more chord theory on bass and ukulele than I ever did on guitar. It all just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

>speed
Personally a good simple groove shits all over tossing tons of notes out and expecting praise. Even guitar itself sounds better played more slowly.
>>
File: bilboa ep.png (136KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bilboa ep.png
136KB, 1080x1080px
>tfw have no idea how to play an instrument
>tfw don't know music theory
>tfw working on a debut EP for my experimental rock pseudonym

Also how does this cover art look? It's for my EP.
>>
>>36102900
thanks for listening!
>>
>>36102958
Let me get a sample
>>
>>36103056
Here you go

https://clyp.it/wzbbwism
>>
>>36102738
>my junior high
underage b&
>>
I'm a drummer and I'm bored
AMA
>>
>>36103217
Post blast beats or gtfo
>>
>>36103151
You have way to much distortion/overdrive on it lower it a little bit . Or get a compressor to quiet the hissing down.
>>
>>36103217
I'm this guy >>36102354

have you started making the switch to guitar yet?

I played drums for like, eight years before I started leaning toward guitar

got TONS better at drums after

I recommend it
>>
Should bassists also learn how to play drums? I want my ability to keep a constant tempo to get better. Would learning drums or just always practicing with a metronome be better?
>>
>>36103256
blast beats are like fills for lazy people
>hurr durr im gonna FUCKING HIT THE RIDE ND THE SNARE AT THE SAME TIME REALLY FAST IM SUCH A GOOD DRUMMER

>>36103277
i know a bit about guitar, i might try it
>>
>>36103385
>blast beats are like fills for lazy people
speedlet mad that he will never be Horgh,
>>
File: tumblr_mqbz5mKnFY1s4mls2o1_500.jpg (78KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqbz5mKnFY1s4mls2o1_500.jpg
78KB, 500x714px
>>36103426
Here to steal yo cymbals nigga
>>
>>36103380
sure, why not?

I mean, every instrument is just as important as the next
>>
File: vlcsnap-145561.png (289KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-145561.png
289KB, 704x396px
>>36102301
Fellow composer here, can confirm.

Watching brainlets get pissy about their lack of dedication to their craft is one of the few things in this world that still gives me joy. You are all worthless, mediocre, low-energy scum. If you don't breathe, eat, and shit music, you are only wasting your own time. Go join a local band. Be an entertainer. Do anything else except lying to yourself about how "deep" you are for "playing" an instrument.
>>
>>36104060
me >>36102354

I wanna hear your stuff
>>
>>36102026
All these guitar fags ITT
I play low brass
>>
>>36104060
Let me hear some music then
>>
>tfw in a band for 6 years with best friends
>6 years self taught(all of us)
>4 complete, ready to be studio recorded songs
>Pumping out content quicker than ever now

Stupid brainlets
Stay doomed to wagecuckery

t. Nigger Playing In A Metal Band
>>
>>36104644
6 years and only 4 songs? Not much to brag about.
>>
>>36104644
Anyone can pump out shitty music. Creating high quality music is the hard part (hint: how fast you can play doesn't make your music/creativity better). I've written full songs and discarded them because they ended up not being quite good enough
>>
Spamming my cheezy psy guitar tracks: https://soundcloud.com/user-715735308
>>
File: 1486851915857.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486851915857.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>36102524
Self taught drummer here. Started playing Smoke on the water on pots and pans 12 years ago. Now I got all the discography of Tool, Dream Theater, Karnivool, Animals as Leaders and other overly technical meme bands down and can impress the music student fags at my university whenever there's an open mic night at their faculty.

>mfw percussion professor took me aside and started asking me a thousand technical questions only to have his jaw drop qhen I told him I never spent an hour at a teacher and educated myself on yt and books
>mfw all the drum students there are either jazz or metal fags with long hair who stare at me full of jealousy when I outplay them to genres they never bothered to learn
>>
>tfw no friends to start a band with
>tfw no music scene (fuck Michigan)
>tfw no knowledge of theory
>tfw decent voice but ugly and fat
>>
>>36102026
Beginner musicfag here.
Like 80s-90s metal, the 90s alternative scene, some of the cheesy 80s synth-y music, and the classics every musicfag likes (Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath)
Want to play guitar.
Taking lessons.
Currently have an acoustic guitar of decent quality. No funds to buy any more stuff though.
Any tips?
>>
>>36105914
>internet is your friend
>I can guarantee you Michigan has a music scene. Start looking at all those university cities especially if they haave music programs
>youtube can teach you the basics in a short amount of time, the rest depends on your dedication to practise
>if you can sell your voice and are not too overly cringy on stage nobody will give a fuck about your appearance. In fact it might be quite redeeming to see an ugly fatso jam out and sound great at the same time.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.