[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else wonder how it is they exist? Just think about it,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 14

File: 1488752339122.jpg (758KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1488752339122.jpg
758KB, 1106x1012px
Anyone else wonder how it is they exist? Just think about it, like you could have been anyone but you are you. You could have just not existed but instead you exist.
>>
>>36101485
...why does anything even exist at all?
>>
What's weirder is when you stare in the mirror and feel that discpnnect between the voice in ypur head and voice that you hear.
>>
>>36101485
Yeah and I wish I didn't.
origamicomment
>>
you could not have been anyone else because you would not be you
>>
>>36101571
But I wasn't even me before I was me so how am I me now? It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>36101501
because "nonexistence" is a logical contradiction
>>
File: 1426045270532.jpg (42KB, 400x680px) Image search: [Google]
1426045270532.jpg
42KB, 400x680px
HAHAHAHAHA

My fellow made of matter! Burning stars of hydrogen fused themselves into heavy elements which exploded scattering stardust throughout the cosmos! That stardust underwent organic evolution and assembled us!

Bright flames, stars providing heat and light ultimately power all life on Earth! How grossly incandescent!

We're bubbling masses of information, a culture growing slowly like moss on a moist rock, gaining coherence all the time! Defying cold entropy in our brief moment of glory!

HOMO SAPIENS
THINKING MAN
>>
>>36101587
>But I wasn't even me before I was me
you didnt exist and then the physical situation berthed you and soon you will die
>>
>>36101661
But how did I go from not existing to existing? I don't get it. "I" wasn't even a thing but then somehow I was?
>>
>>36101717
how does a computer come to exist? or anything, really.
its assembled.

you could say you always existed as a concept or potential.
>>
>>36101799
But why am I me?
>>
>>36101717
don't you understand the birbs and the deeds? you two animals sexually reproduce an offspring with shared genes. it represents the traits of its parents.

in mammals child rearing takes a long time due to the large personal memory which acts as a secondary information storage relative to the genetic information.

as a result individuals with personality are born increasing adaptability. the blueprints are laid and built upon by your own development and experience as you grow.

zaragoza clapham
>>
>>36101931
But where was I before I was born?
>>
File: 1434900297848s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434900297848s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>someone made all of this on purpose
>>
I have these trippy moments when i wake up and i contemplate that. I just start looking outside myself. and its like im no longer me.
>>
File: 1461947476409.gif (190KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1461947476409.gif
190KB, 300x100px
>>36102029
>before I was born
you didn't exist yet idiot

it's a moment in time. there's only one present. the future and past are abstractions, they don't really exist.

only one state can be true at a time and that's now.

you don't exist after you die either.

unless there's !OTHER!
>>
>>36102088
Try meditation, once you take a step away from your ego you see the world in a different light. Or psychedelics if you're not too keen on meditating.
>>
>>36101485
We are made out of simple matter, chances are that you could have been a simple rock, but because rocks don't have self consciousness you couldn't have possibly known you were a rock, you only know you are you because you can experience you being yourself.
>>
File: 1461351803505.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1461351803505.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>36102099
But how did I just come into existence? Am I God?
>>
File: space-pepe.jpg (61KB, 781x552px) Image search: [Google]
space-pepe.jpg
61KB, 781x552px
>>36101799

What I believe is that whatever happens is supposed to happen. You were supposed to read this comment today. You were supposed to take a shit at 3:12pm. You were supposed break your arm that time. Stacey was supposed to die on April 1st and people thought it was a harsh joke, but it was real.

The moment we gain conscious it's instant...in sleep, in death I feel it's the same way. We just live again possibly as the same person.

I can't imagine how someone can create a computer, microscope, internet or whatever out of thin air, like how the fuck do you even start, how are we communicating instantly, there's no fucking wayyyyy

THE BOOK IS ALREADY WRITTEN
>>
>>36102192
But I read that we aren't even made of the same matter we were made of 7 years ago. Even the neurons, they stay the same cell but different molecules.
>>
File: 1488914466511.png (272KB, 680x636px) Image search: [Google]
1488914466511.png
272KB, 680x636px
>>36101485
i exist because my dad decided to nut in my mom

everything beyond that is subjective liberal hippie shit
>>
File: rascal-flaps-i.jpg (118KB, 567x574px) Image search: [Google]
rascal-flaps-i.jpg
118KB, 567x574px
>>36102200
there may be a god

it may just be natural

intention is debatable
>>
>>36102200
You are a vessel in which the universe experiences itself.
>>
>>36102099
Except the present doesn't really exist, or if it exist it's so infinitesimally small that it basically doesn't exist. Think about it, the future exists because we know something that can happen will certainly happen, if you let a coin drop to the ground, you know that if nothing intervenes, the coin will inevitably fall to the ground, and when it has fallen, you also know that it fell, so you know the past also exists, but the present? Say the present is about 1 second long, if you could slow down time, that one second still contains future and past; if you cut down that second to a microsecond, and again slowed down time, it would still have future and past, you could do this indefinitely and you would never reach a point that you could call "present".
>>
File: 1306447358286.jpg (35KB, 375x300px) Image search: [Google]
1306447358286.jpg
35KB, 375x300px
>>36102324
>implying determinisn
>>
>>36102232
True, but it's not the matter that makes us that's important, but rather the way that it is assembled in. You are a mold, a blueprint for yourself, it doesn't matter if your cells are renewed every 7 years, you'll still be yourself. But what happens when there's nothing to fill that blueprint?
>>
>>36102589
But why does that assembly make me? I don't get it.
>>
File: tenor.gif (608KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
608KB, 498x498px
>>36101485

>Out of the literal infinite universes you could have been in, you were stuck in this one

Thanks multiverse.
>>
>whatever created us made us smart enough to know there's a meaning to life, but not smart enough to know what it is.
>>
maybe we created ourselves
>>
File: 1468874833420.jpg (32KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1468874833420.jpg
32KB, 247x247px
>>36101485
>was literally thinking this as an 11 year old
>tell sister and parents my confusions about the world
>probably thought I am autistic
>I probably am
Good times
>>
>>36101485
For once OP is less of a fag than the responses. It's only fitting of course because he's the only one he's sure exists. But why him rather than someone else? That's the puzzle.
>>
File: HELLO.jpg (465KB, 940x940px) Image search: [Google]
HELLO.jpg
465KB, 940x940px
yeah

Yeah, I'm mad. Uh=huh. yp. yeah. ots dar and i can't see my keyboard; i contemplate this qudstion in both dark and light. i am still afraid. i am sti la frafraid.
>>
File: Alan-Watts.jpg (1MB, 2267x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Watts.jpg
1MB, 2267x1588px
Us, animals, the rocks, the stars, are all the same thing. It's one big complex of branching complexification, parts making up things making up parts of others things. Just as I'm sure quarks aren't the end of the standard model I am sure that galactic filament clusters are not the largest discernible conglomeration of matter. It's like a big spiral that goes on forever that you can put your finger on at any point and say "you are here". It has no purpose to do all this other than to do it. The evolution and processes of life are exactly the same as plate tectonics and super novas. Human nature as we call it, which is very funny to think of as being separate from the nature and behavior of the rest of what's going on, is a rapidly developing point of this evolving system, and the digital world is the next step. Looking inwards now, it is in the development of the human brain that the larger unconscious brain of the universe has found it's ego.

We are each the points of consciousness of the universe, and if you understand this then you are the universe become self realized of it's own existence. Death doesn't matter, this, now, whatever it is you're doing in the eternal now is it, every feeling, thought and perception is like mana from heaven, to exist. Our society is nothing more than a game we bide out time with and lose ourselves in so thoroughly that we forget who we really are.
>>
>>36101884
>>36102029

Hey OP, you still around? I know exactly where you're coming from.

I had these thoughts myself a long time ago as a teenager and got obsessed with them. Some (not many) of the philosophers usually labeled existentialist have written similar things. Kierkegaard, Merleau-Ponty, maybe Jaspers.

I wouldn't recommend bringing this up to normies or people who think they know more than they really do. They won't get it, and you'll sound like a cringey kid.
>>
>>36103433
Yeah I'm still around. I will check out those philosophers. Any recommended books?
>>
>>36103494
They're all extremely dry (especially Merleau-Ponty), so I'd recommend reading some kind of survey book on existentialism to start with. I just grabbed two from my bookshelf. One is called Existentialism by John Macquarrie, the other is Reality, Man and Existence by H.J. Blackham. I think I liked the second better, but this was a long time ago.
>>
>>36101485
How does anything exist? In order for anything to exist, something at some point would have had to materialize from nothing. This is impossible yet it apparently happened because things do exist.
>>
>>36103681
Or maybe it always existed.
>>
>>36103607
Alright thanks, I will check them out. I've been wondering about these things for a while now.
>>
>>36102211
Nobody did it out of thin air, scientists and engineers worked hard to learn how to do it over centuries

If we lost all technology now, we'd take a long time to get it back
>>
>>36103681
Because this is a simulated reality. Just as you turn on your computer and the icons on the desktop appear from nothing.

Trying to understand what is running the simulation is out of our reach because they are in a higher dimension than us.
>>
>>36103770
Ha, well you won't find any answers I'm afraid. But it might lead to other thoughts and you might be able to express yourself better (people still won't get it but you'll sound smarter).
>>
>>36101485
>like you could have been anyone but you are you.
No. You couldn't have been anyone, you are a product of your parents DNA and your life experiences. Meaning you literally could not have been anyone else.
>You could have just not existed but instead you exist.
If it wasn't you, it would have almost certainly been someone with arbitrarily similar characteristics who would have been exposed to the same experiences as you were which probably would have wound up producing an individual quite similar to you. Unless of course you were born a female, then certain hormonal differences would have lead to you having slightly different characteristics and different life experiences. So pretty much unless you were born a female, you very likely wouldn't have turned out much different.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.