[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all the boards I consistently used, /r9k/ has the least

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1474234591513.jpg (6KB, 200x177px) Image search: [Google]
1474234591513.jpg
6KB, 200x177px
Out of all the boards I consistently used, /r9k/ has the least amount of reaction image usage, why?
>>
>>36096099
Having to include an original message with your reaction image sort of ruins the impact.
>>
we may be autistic but we are not retarded
>>
Feel guy and pepe are reaction images and they are used in a soft 40% of all posts made on r9k
>>
>>36096119
I would love to slice the throat of that normie mod who reinstalled the filter as soon as Moot handed over the site to the soulless Hiroyuki
>/r9k/ was never about losers it was about dank may mays and funny greentexts!
yeah you normie kike mod for like 2 months, then it became a male social outcast virgin board, then moot purged it but then resurrected it for exactly that type of audience and didn't restore the filter because it wasn't relevant to the current spirit of the board anymore.
I hate the mods so much. and now i'm gonna get banned because those KIKE mods can't handle any criticism whatsoever KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>36096153
>they are used in a soft 40% of all posts made on r9k
A VERY soft 40% of all posts. Sorting by most files per thread, most threads don't have more than 15-20% of posts including images.
>>
>>36096206
Tell more stories about before, please.
Why gentlmen are gone ?
Are wizards on wizc from original /r9k/?
Were ancient mods cooler and efficient that today ?
>>
>>36096206
Aside from having its own culture while being the only off-topic board other than [s4s] and /b/ I actually come to /r9k/ because of the robot. It really keeps things relatively fresh. There's shitty "tricks" people do to get past it but in most ways I find that it's nothing but beneficial to the board.

One word and textless image only posts go against the rancid, raw sense of individuality I expect from /r9k/'s threads and posts. Yeah we're no longer a meme factory but at the same time having more to say than a smug anime girl reaction image or some asinine short response that's been said a thousand times is what makes this board better than /b/.
>>
>>36096275
a lot of wizards are from /r9k/. the site was a good idea but there's something lacking there about the culture. /r9k/ from a few years ago had a hilarious and creative culture in addition to being more genuinely robot than it is today, wizchan has truly the most pure robot clientele because there's absolutely no incentive for attention seeking roasties/normies to stay because of how strict it is, but it's just boring overall.
mods back then sucked too. the mods have actually only gotten more efficient I guess because of the superior system they set up a couple years ago but they're efficiently destructive if that makes sense. Moot, though flawed, really did try to make this place good for the communities as a whole. Hiroyuki just cares about shekels and the guys who are probably really running the show have their own personal agendas to push and don't care about making the boards the best they can be and have sold us out and not bothered enforcing the good rules, such as purging all the posts that should really be in /soc/ or /adv/ (which is the majority of them these days).
>>
>>36096408
what you're saying in theory makes sense but in practice has not turned out to be the case. I'm sick of seeing all these
Origigigigigigjgnallooo
shit. it doesn't really prompt quality discussion, just forces people to add filler (even additional coherent sentences can be filler) and legitimizes the idea that this place is for "original posts" not social outcasts.
the board was better when the robot was gone.
but really the filter is hardly the worst thing these vendetta driven mods are doing to this place. the worst thing they are doing is not purging all the posts that should be in /soc/ (which is about half of them these days).
>>
>>36096408
At this stage, memes are pretty much a normie thing. Twitter and Facebook don't even necessarily steal their memes from 4chan anymore, but the ones made there are shit and make no sense.

People now like nihilist memes, take the caveman spongebob one that sprung up, it literally had no emotion attached to it, it was just dumb for the sake of being dumb. Memes are basically modern art at this stage, they don't mean anything, and if they do mean something it's always faggy
>>
>>36096206
The filter is the only thing keeping this place from becoming a /b/ clone you retarded faggot
>>
File: casual.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
casual.gif
1MB, 270x235px
>>36096153

>feel guy
Fucking casual
>>
>>36096119
This. You're forced to provide content.
>>
File: 1482218803315.jpg (453KB, 1920x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1482218803315.jpg
453KB, 1920x1233px
>>36096537
>memes are pretty much a normie thing

Absolutely false

4chan is always one step ahead of the normies in the meme game, they take our leftovers. It's been this way for the past decade.

We also have small memes that are kept on 4chan indefinitely due to how niche they are.
>>
>>36096546
it is doing no such thing. there is still enough of the true robots to keep a certain order to it, to not incentivize low quality threads, although that base is shrinking every day as the mods don't purge the /soc/ threads and drive all the true robots away. the filter is doing very little either direction if i'm being honest, except that it symbolizes the KIKE mods personal agenda to turn /r9k/ back into "dank greentexs and may mays bruh! xD" and legitimizes that notion to newfag normies.
>>
>>36096907
I don't agree with you, whatever decline /r9k/ may be on would only accelerate if the robot were removed. "True robots" are nowhere near the force of an automated system.
>>
>>36096099
People who have autism have below average facial expression recognition. Adding a facial expression to their post is not important to them or anybody reading the post.
>>
>>36096907
I agree, the filter is doing very little aside from killing reaction images (which is debatable if it's good thing or a bad thing). But this apocalyptic vision of the "KIKE" coming to get our board is pretty stupid.
You are right about the /soc/ threads though. Fucking get rid of them.

I just want to have discussions with people who say their real opinion.
>>
File: anglo pol.jpg (170KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
anglo pol.jpg
170KB, 600x468px
pol by far has the best reaction images and memes.

my personal favourite is the eternal ANGLO
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.